Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:34 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Also, I got the sense that I just made a breakdown of thoughts on Gimli and the people who payed since the aren't bothering to respond to my thoughts on it, instead taking about how I've changed. So it felt a bit like I wasted my morning *shrug*
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Black »

In post 674, TimmerRC wrote: I apologize, it is something that always has bothered me about mafia. Someone says they are either lost or overwhelmed and everyone says they should try more and they do and then everyone says wait, what's this?
I understand the emotion involved. I'm guilty of this too (on more occasions than I can count). And I apologize if my comment seemed snarky. I just have a hard time reading AtE and it seems like you're using it a lot in this game

A lot of people have said that they don't really want to fade you today so if you are town then I think you should probably just relax and keep doing your thing
In post 674, TimmerRC wrote: So at this point, I am expecting people to start following up their scum reads with votes which is why I did that. If my vibe on that is off, please explain how as I don't want to misunderstand the style here. But waiting until day 9 or 9.5 as a policy doesn't seem very smart to me.
No your vibe is fine. Our goal here is to sort out the liars from the truth tellers. If I see something that could potentially be scum motivated then I'm going to point it out and engage with you about it to figure out if the read is correct. My advice would be to try not to take this as a personal attack or assume it's anything you're doing wrong
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Black »

In post 675, TimmerRC wrote: Also, I got the sense that I just made a breakdown of thoughts on Gimli and the people who payed since the aren't bothering to respond to my thoughts on it, instead taking about how I've changed. So it felt a bit like I wasted my morning *shrug*
I liked your Gimli post and I would rather wait for Gimli to respond before I say anything about it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Gimli »

I have nothing to respond to since I am indeed playing like ass

wrt black's scumread on me, I think it makes sense cause I'm not playing anywhere near her expectations. but its just rl taking over and I can't really focus or care enough about the game, but I can still play.

I still think black is likely town anyway

I think kittiesecret might be scum?
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:11 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Forgive my ignorance, what is AtE?
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:14 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 679, TimmerRC wrote: Forgive my ignorance, what is AtE?
Appeal to Emotion
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:14 am

Post by fferyllt »

V1.9

Mohon

Originating in Columbian mythology, Mohon myths spread through several parts of South and Central America. Mohon is a forest and barren land spirit, and is associated with spirits of the dead and shamanism. In some legends Mohon is a satyr-like being who lives in a grotto in the bottom of great jungle rivers, where he keeps young women captive. In others Mohon is portrayed as an old man of great strength and stature, and a terrifying grin. He steals fishermen's' bait, nets, and catches. He is portrayed as an extremely hairy being with a very treacherous personality living in the backwaters and terrifying people who live beside rivers and streams they depend on for livelihood and sustenance.

Gimli (3):
Kittiesecret, usesPython, TimmerRC
TimmerRC (2):
Cometbright, DragonEater70
usesPython (2):
Gimli, Black
DragonEater70 (1):
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott (1):
Aneninem

Not Voting (0):
no one

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: October 15, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please note this falls on a Saturday and plan accordingly.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-14 23:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Please let me know if you see any problems with the vote counts
  • :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:15 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 669, usesPython wrote:

I mean I like the posts it's just that it feels kinda coached when exists. We don't actually feel strongly enough about it to go there today though and actually do wanna see you post more like this

-A
I'm trying to adapt, this might be the first time I've ever tried to truly find a scum in a day 1, lol.

But why would it require coaching? An iso is an iso, just because I am used to making them starting on a day 2 doesn't mean a day 1 attempt needs guidance.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:18 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 680, usesPython wrote:
In post 679, TimmerRC wrote: Forgive my ignorance, what is AtE?
Appeal to Emotion
Ahh... I will work to tone it down, but I AM an emotional guy and I get quite passionate about things once I invest in them. this will be a fluff thing to say, but a common tell years ago when I was bad was that I was unemotional because I struggled to fake it.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

UNVOTE:

I’m sorry, but does no one else see what I see. Black, Timmer and either VIP or Gimli?

That’s my scum, now.

VOTE: Timmer
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Aneninen »

Dear Mod,

but I'm not voting for TimmerRC! I'm voting for Afrayed Knott.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Look at my earlier post about the possible relationship between Black and Timmer, then read the recent interaction between the two. It stinks of a pre planned effort to engage Tim and deflect attention, with some clever positioning by Black.

Thats what I’m seeing
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:39 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Oh, I am finally back in business

And I'm apparently being voted. How nice.

Give me some time to read, will you?
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:39 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 684, Afrayed Knott wrote: UNVOTE:

I’m sorry, but does no one else see what I see. Black, Timmer and either VIP or Gimli?

That’s my scum, now.

So both Gimli and I are at 3 votes and you vote this bluntly without explanation and without mentioning it is e-1?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:41 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay I'm apparently stupid since there was only one person voting me

I based everything on this post:
In post 656, Gimli wrote:
In post 617, Black wrote:
In post 614, usesPython wrote: I feel like limming inside Gimli/Black/Comet/DE is significantly more likely to hit red than Knott/Kittie/Tim/VIP

-A
Yeah I agree with this
yeah but never comet

maybe DE?
which is like the only post I've read since the last time I posted.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:43 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 686, Afrayed Knott wrote: Look at my earlier post about the possible relationship between Black and Timmer, then read the recent interaction between the two. It stinks of a pre planned effort to engage Tim and deflect attention, with some clever positioning by Black.

Thats what I’m seeing
Do you mean the content from 22 posts ago of yours? You've had 22 posts since then where you talked about other things, but suddenly Gimli and I are each at 3 and you are back to that with a vengeance?

If Gimli flips scum, Afrayed is his teammate, this is sloppy
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Tim Tim Tim, you aren’t reading are you. Not once have you countered anything I have said about you. And, I’m not sat here all day looking at the thread. But I do sit on occasion and think through what I’m seeing and reading. And right now it’s the only thing I’m seeing.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:04 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 685, Aneninen wrote:
Dear Mod,

Fixed, thanks!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Aneninen »

(I wanted to get back earlier, but there was some touching conversation between one of my daughters and me. Actually, they're step-dauthters, but I love them as if they were mine... no, you might not get it, and it's not relevant, but still true.)
In post 653, Afrayed Knott wrote: The only lurker now is Gimli, there is nothing of substance from that slot.
And it's weird that he's lurking when he's one of the major wagons, isn't it?
In post 653, Afrayed Knott wrote: or do Mods ensure a fair mix of experience in all teams?
Long ago, mods were obligated to randomize the roles. (Once I tried to mod a game, but I did a terrible job. Never again. My activity is way to erratic to mod.)

In post 654, Afrayed Knott wrote: Lim on DE, Gimli or I. I know what I will flip and when you see that, if i am your choice, then Lim the other 2. Or is that just too much melodrama?
But it's only me, who's voting for you right now! (Yes, there was a mod error.) You're not a wagon at all.

In post 659, TimmerRC wrote: IT's a fair bit of "i don't trust you" from you to them. What I found odd was the lack of a corresponding vote anywhere, but looking at my vote timeline chart thingy i made, you actually aren't very vote-y at all so it's not exactly a ping. I really just wanted to hear you elaborate on where you are at re: Gimli.
I've just checked. Black has never voted for Gimli.

In post 661, TimmerRC wrote: The reaction to the fake hammer is interesting... I'm trying to think it through from their pov, and I'm struggling to find anything townie about it. It was clearly a gut reaction to thinking that the day had just spontaneously crashed to a close with an elim, but I feel like there is a stronger likelihood that such a move "I better pull out of that omg" would be made from a scum. Even if technically it makes no sense, a knee jerk reaction like that would be more likely from a baddie, I think as they are so acutely aware of how their votes can be evidence.
That may be something I wasn't able to put my finger on it. (I didn't really understand why some players thought Gimli's reaction on that meme-hammer had been town.)

In post 668, TimmerRC wrote: But again, I'll just go back to shutting up, this site seems to not allow people to try to play after having a rough start.
You're wrong. Utterly, absolutely wrong. And this is not even a hostile game. (Or at least, 5 years ago there were games much more hostile than this.)

I don't know what's wrong with Black's . I only feel that it's deeply wrong.

In post 678, Gimli wrote: I have nothing to respond to since I am indeed playing like ass
wrt black's scumread on me, I think it makes sense cause I'm not playing anywhere near her expectations. but its just rl taking over and I can't really focus or care enough about the game, but I can still play.
I still think black is likely town anyway
I think kittiesecret might be scum?
I so dislike this!
Especially since Black has never actually voted you!
Why does this feel like a scum going down?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 682, TimmerRC wrote: I'm trying to adapt, this might be the first time I've ever tried to truly find a scum in a day 1, lol.

But why would it require coaching? An iso is an iso, just because I am used to making them starting on a day 2 doesn't mean a day 1 attempt needs guidance.
This so feels frustrated town.
In post 686, Afrayed Knott wrote: Look at my earlier post about the possible relationship between Black and Timmer, then read the recent interaction between the two. It stinks of a pre planned effort to engage Tim and deflect attention, with some clever positioning by Black.

Thats what I’m seeing
How I hate to admit when my scumread points something out that can be true...!
But yes, that's very possible. However, there are two caveats. One is objective, one is subjective.
(1) Mafia has Daychat. They could be much more subtle in-game.
(2) I still don't think Timmer's scum...
(3) I can easily imagine a Black+Gimli team, see my post above.
(4) And I know Day1 team speculation is buttoned shirt.

Oh, that was four. I added the VAT then.

In post 687, DragonEater70 wrote: Oh, I am finally back in business
And I'm apparently being voted. How nice.
Give me some time to read, will you?
Sure. But we have 2 days 10 hours or so.
I know that I still haven't ISOed you yet, but that can wait, I guess. We need to start compromising on someone, because No-Elim is much worse than Mis-Elim on Day1. And I don't think there will be time for a Dragon wagon even if I find you scummy after the re-read.

In post 688, TimmerRC wrote: So both Gimli and I are at 3 votes and you vote this bluntly without explanation and without mentioning it is e-1?
4 votes is E-1, not 3. And you're not even E-2. (Meanwhile, I can see that my vote has been fixed.)

In post 690, TimmerRC wrote: If Gimli flips scum, Afrayed is his teammate, this is sloppy
Just why on God's Green Earth?

In post 692, fferyllt wrote:
In post 685, Aneninen wrote:
Dear Mod,

Fixed, thanks!
Thank you, too.

[line][/line]

With all that said, we really need to start to consolidate.

(1) I think the Timmer wagon's bad. He's most likely a frustrated town, unless...
(2) he's scum with Black. But
(3) Black can be scum together with Gimli, too - yeah, team speculation on Day1 is buttoned shirt, I know, so,
(4) I guess my idea that Black's scum is based un team speculation and I don't think that wagon would ever reach a Lim Today, and
(5) Afrayd Knott is not happening, nor Dragon (whose alignment I'm totally idea-less now), which crystallizes in
(6) Only one possibility:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gimli

Point it out if my logic's flawed.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Aneninen »

Also, those Python votes are terrible as fork. Who are they? Oh wait... Black and Gimli.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 693, Aneninen wrote:
In post 654, Afrayed Knott wrote: Lim on DE, Gimli or I. I know what I will flip and when you see that, if i am your choice, then Lim the other 2. Or is that just too much melodrama?
But it's only me, who's voting for you right now! (Yes, there was a mod error.) You're not a wagon at all.
You have misinterpreted what I was saying. At that time. As it’s a thought I had. I don’t care if there is a wagon on me or not, it’s not material to me. I’ve I get lim’d and it helps catch scum then go for it.

But what I will say is that after that post and reading g the passages of conversation between Black Tim, I’ve reverted back to my earlier feel.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:40 am

Post by Aneninen »

This feeling?
In post 684, Afrayed Knott wrote: UNVOTE:

That’s my scum, now.

So, you think it's either Black+Timmer or Black+Gimli or Timmer+Gimli?
If I don't leave out myself, it can be Black+Aneninen or Timmer+Aneninen?

Is that what your're saying?

If you were talking about something else, go on.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

I feel Black and Timmer for definite. And then one of you or Gimli