Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 796, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 792, Cometbright wrote: Have you caught up yet…. Keep reading
/dead.

I'm now starting to wonder if the connection I saw between gimli and afrayed was bang on and knott is now just going YOLO to distract, lol.
I really want to swear at you, but your good
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:04 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 800, Afrayed Knott wrote:
I really want to swear at you, but your good
If it will calm you, I feel like you are likely townie, you are just... a bit erratic over the last little while. But if you are bad, your posts have been a pure performance and I will applaud you at game's end.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Cometbright »

Okay but it seems the current top wagon is on Gimli if I've read the votes correctly?

I think Gimli frankly hasn't done much for himself here and I wish I could see some proper defence from him but I gotta be honest I'm still not seeing it. Has he been a little lurky? Yeah. Has he sheeped? Yeah. But I can 100% see a town!Gimli doing exactly that. If there's any other arguments for Gimli scum then yell em at me.

The reason I see Gimli as town is because A: vibes (sue me), B: the posts pointing out gamestate, C: a trickey pit of WIFOM where frankly wouldn't scum!Gimli have been putting a bit more effort into this wagon forming on him? It's not come out of nowhere - I'm pretty sure the last five IRL days have had people pointing out that he's been inactive and following other people rather than doing his own pushes, he's had more than enough opportunity to reverse that exactly like Timmer has... so why wouldn't he? Continuing with your playstyle even if it causes suspicion has always been a townie thing to me when I've seen it... and I feel that with him.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:08 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 741, Black wrote: Since then things have changed and I think I'm ok leaving Gimli around to get his footing in the game. If he's town then I think he'll be useful once he's able to do so

VOTE: DE70
Can you go a bit more into what exactly has changed? I feel like I (and at least one other player, I forget who) have noted that you talked up being sus of gimli but never put your vote where your posts were. And here at gimli e-1 you did this. So what exactly makes you suddenly feel like gimli is ok? I ask because something i watch for (and it is more helpful once some players' alignments are known) is players who talk sus about someone but never commit to it and leave off of it as soon as that player is in heat.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Black »

In post 766, usesPython wrote: Like scum!DE can't scumcase that well without just sheeping or going "vibes", him actually tryhard casing here doesn't fit what we'd expect from scum!DE
I'm not familiar with DE's scum game but I feel like it would make perfect sense for him to go into tryhard mode after people suspected him of doing what he normally does as scum
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Black »

In post 773, Cometbright wrote:
In post 699, Black wrote: Afrayed is probably town for thinking there's 3 scum
Damn it.

I actually think this is an annoyingly good point.
In post 774, Cometbright wrote:
In post 698, Afrayed Knott wrote: I feel Black and Timmer for definite. And then one of you or Gimli
But then why would a townie be *this* confident!? Arghhhhh
There's a world where he's pretending for the town cred but I don't think it's likely
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 802, Cometbright wrote: Okay but it seems the current top wagon is on Gimli if I've read the votes correctly?

I think Gimli frankly hasn't done much for himself here and I wish I could see some proper defence from him but I gotta be honest I'm still not seeing it. Has he been a little lurky? Yeah. Has he sheeped? Yeah. But I can 100% see a town!Gimli doing exactly that. If there's any other arguments for Gimli scum then yell em at me.

The reason I see Gimli as town is because A: vibes (sue me), B: the posts pointing out gamestate, C: a trickey pit of WIFOM where frankly wouldn't scum!Gimli have been putting a bit more effort into this wagon forming on him? It's not come out of nowhere - I'm pretty sure the last five IRL days have had people pointing out that he's been inactive and following other people rather than doing his own pushes, he's had more than enough opportunity to reverse that exactly like Timmer has... so why wouldn't he? Continuing with your playstyle even if it causes suspicion has always been a townie thing to me when I've seen it... and I feel that with him.
I def have Gimli on the scummier end of the spectrum, but it's Day 1, there's only so much to work with. What do you think of his kneejerk attempt to unvote out of a perceived elim?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Cometbright »

Deadline is approaching and we've got the weekend coming up so activity for a few people here might be sporadic. I'm worried if we don't have some consensus on the lim here then we're not going to have enough time to handle potential roleclaim shenanigans if they arise.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Cometbright »

Dragon's on my limpool but I really do want to see his case against Black here.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:17 am

Post by usesPython »

We're fine with Gimli and Tim wagons, and we're willing to go with a spicy Black wagon if it becomes needed. Zero interest in Knott/Kittie/Comet wagons rn
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:18 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 805, Black wrote: There's a world where he's pretending for the town cred but I don't think it's likely
This is what goes through my head when I read #712. An uncharitable part of me is reading it as scum!Knott being like 'Oh how foolish of me, what a silly mistake I've made which also just so happens to make me look VERY townie, goodness!' Especially because he read your post and immediately understood the error he had made rather than being confused and asking for clarification/questioning you about it unlike other confusions before. Almost as if it had been discussed out in scumchat with his partner being like "Do this and then they'll be like 'But there's only 2 scum what do you mean?' which'll give you towncred as surely a scum player would know there's just two scum." and so upon the bait being taken he immediately jumps on it.

But then I read that and I'm like damn Comet, I'm pretty sure Occam's Razor is saying you should just accept it as a townslip from Knott and re-evaluate your case.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:19 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 807, Cometbright wrote: Deadline is approaching and we've got the weekend coming up so activity for a few people here might be sporadic. I'm worried if we don't have some consensus on the lim here then we're not going to have enough time to handle potential roleclaim shenanigans if they arise.
The roleclaiming thing is new for me, how does it generally go down?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Black »

Ok as soon as I say that I see this post
In post 780, Afrayed Knott wrote: Well Gimli claimed Scum,
Comet has not caught up
, VIP is still reading me as scum, As is Timmer, but he’s just anxious chap who is probably town after all that boohoo stuff.

Is Gimli setting up Kittie?? Must be or is it WIFOM.

I have no idea about python, and if they are scum we are screwed. Dragon joins and leaves people’s scum lists like a bus schedule.

D2 will be fun
This feels more performative than the others. Like why even include the bolded part? It feels like a summary of the gamestate in the eyes of an Afrayed that is caught up but is pretending to not be caught up, if that makes sense. If Afrayed is scum then I think he noticed the townreads based off of his 3-person mafia play and is leaning into that whole "I'm not sure what's going on" thing. I still think he's probably town though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Black »

In post 793, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 788, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 781, Cometbright wrote:
In post 738, Afrayed Knott wrote: VOTE: Black
Are you voting Black for not voting for Gimli because you think Gimli is scum? Shouldn't you be voting Gimli to confirm if he's scum before then going on Black?
Interested in the answer to this.
Why? Tell you what, too answer all my questions to you and I’ll answer this

Actually no. I will answer it. Black you and either Gimli or VIP were my scum reads Gimli was at E1 I was interested to see what Black did, considering they hadn’t voted for Gimli. So I put my vote there.
This just seems like a weird way to get me to join the Gimli wagon?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 811, TimmerRC wrote: The roleclaiming thing is new for me, how does it generally go down?
Someone gets put to E-1. Proper courtesy (unless you're Python trying to scare people) is for the next person who wishes to cast the final vote to announce an intent to hammer and usually a time when they'll do it, e.g. "I will hammer in 24 hours from now." when this happens the person on death's door should almost always claim their role. The complications come from if the person claims a power-role (something that isn't a vanilla town) as then we have to discuss whether or not we believe that person's claims and if there's any counterclaims (other potential PR's who conflict with the initial roleclaim).
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:23 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 812, Black wrote: Ok as soon as I say that I see this post

This feels more performative than the others. Like why even include the bolded part? It feels like a summary of the gamestate in the eyes of an Afrayed that is caught up but is pretending to not be caught up, if that makes sense. If Afrayed is scum then I think he noticed the townreads based off of his 3-person mafia play and is leaning into that whole "I'm not sure what's going on" thing. I still think he's probably town though
It's definitely all potentially a YOLO move, but if it is, its well done.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Black »

In post 803, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 741, Black wrote: Since then things have changed and I think I'm ok leaving Gimli around to get his footing in the game. If he's town then I think he'll be useful once he's able to do so

VOTE: DE70
Can you go a bit more into what exactly has changed? I feel like I (and at least one other player, I forget who) have noted that you talked up being sus of gimli but never put your vote where your posts were. And here at gimli e-1 you did this. So what exactly makes you suddenly feel like gimli is ok? I ask because something i watch for (and it is more helpful once some players' alignments are known) is players who talk sus about someone but never commit to it and leave off of it as soon as that player is in heat.
I said yesterday that I was probably going to vote between Gimli and DE today. I wanted to look over their ISO's but I didn't really get the chance today, so this decision was based off of Gimli showing up and actually trying to play the game combined with DE showing up with his weird push on me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by fferyllt »

V1.10

Aos Sí

Aos Sí, or Aes Sídhe, is the supernatural fairy race of Celtic Irish myth. They are descendants of the Tuatha Dé Danann, one of the early supernatural races said to have conquered and inhabited Ireland. They live underground in fairy forts, across the Western sea, or in an invisible world that co-exists with the world of humans; an alternate universe, if you will. The aos sí are often appeased with offerings, and great care is taken not to insult or anger them. Perhaps out of fear of angering the ao sí, they are often referred to "The Good Neighbours", "The Fair Folk", or simply "The Folk". They are usually described as being stunningly beautiful, but some ao sí are hideously, terribly ugly.

Gimli (4):
Kittiesecret,TimmerRC, Aneninem, usesPython
Black (2):
DragonEater70, Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott (1):
Cometbright
DragonEater70 (1):
Black
Kittiesecret (1):
Gimli

Not Voting (0):
no one

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: October 15, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please note this falls on a Saturday and plan accordingly.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-14 23:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Please let me know if you see any problems with the vote counts
  • :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:14 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

I should not have been in the thread last night. It was after midnight my time, I had had a horrible day with flu. falling in and out of sleep.

to answer a few things here,

There's a page one set up, I read that after seeing that I had not understood the scum team composition, that's why the facepalm.. If you read back through my other recent posts regarding the possible scum team, you will see that I had been under that impression for a long time.

My vote on Back was a genuine failed attempt to lure a hammer onto Gimli and prove my point that Black and Tim are the scum team. which I still maintain.

Question: why is python going after the more experienced players and not the newbies? is it to make the game easier later?

anyway. My head still throbs, my throat is sandpaper and my nose is on tap. I am happy with where my vote is. I hope to get well soon.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 818, Afrayed Knott wrote: Question: why is python going after the more experienced players and not the newbies? is it to make the game easier later?
We're not? We've got a mix of both in our townpool (Kittie/Knott/Comet) and scumpool (Gimli/VIP/Tim)
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 809, usesPython wrote: We're fine with Gimli and Tim wagons, and we're willing to go with a spicy Black wagon if it becomes needed. Zero interest in Knott/Kittie/Comet wagons rn
Add VIP to this btw, kinda forgot he existed
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:12 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 804, Black wrote:
In post 766, usesPython wrote: Like scum!DE can't scumcase that well without just sheeping or going "vibes", him actually tryhard casing here doesn't fit what we'd expect from scum!DE
I'm not familiar with DE's scum game but I feel like it would make perfect sense for him to go into tryhard mode after people suspected him of doing what he normally does as scum
Our point was that even when he was bussing mafia for towncred as part of his 3rd party wincon he couldn't make a compelling case, I straight up think his play here is outside his scumrange
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:25 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hi, I'm here.
I am not doing a catch up because clearly you guys are averse to catch ups (I'm also averse to catch ups btw), and instead you're just gonna see me replying to some points in a pretty random order. Kk cool stuff.
In post 641, TimmerRC wrote: [quote=usesPython post_id=13945933 post_num=616 time=1697061620 user_id=36963

I disagree, I think you can slot newbies within a few specific archetypes and read them pretty accurately

-A
I agree with this for a true newbie, in the absence of experience and nuance there are definitely a few classic mistakes or styles you can look for. In the case of myself, I'm not new to mafia, I'm only new to the site's gameplay format, years ago I played dozens of games on revolutionmafia, the syndicate, epicmafia, a few others. So I've been quietly bristling(?) at Dragon's attempts to pigeonhole me into a comparison with some other player in some other game, as it is something I can't even defend against. And it feels a bit scummy to try to wrap a label around a player, as if you succeed at it, literally everything that player says from that moment forward would seem corrupted and if you wrong, which he is, you've thrown a wrench into town's play. If I recall correctly, I think he tried to label kittie as well.
[/quote]

Yeah that's fair to be upset about it, but if you notice I'm not rigid in my labels. So I said kittie gave me newbscum vibes but now she feels townie. I don't think there's something inherently bad in using labels/archetypes/comparosons on people, as long as you are not so fixated on them you lose sight of what's happening in front of you.
In post 821, usesPython wrote:
Our point was that even when he was bussing mafia for towncred as part of his 3rd party wincon he couldn't make a compelling case, I straight up think his play here is outside his scumrange
I (unfortunately) agree with this. As I said, I am pretty shitty at scum, and making these kinds of wild cases is outside my scumrange.

Don't worry though, I am working on my scum range, so hopefully in 2-3 scum games (or about half a year from now with how infrequently I roll scum) I might be able to pull something like this off.
In post 719, Gimli wrote: let me think

I think black is a townie and as I said before I understand her scumread on me, and I like her posting otherwise, so I think all is fine in that area

I think DE is making a whole lot of nonsense lately and I'm starting to think that hits scum

you're obviously probably maybe a townie

comet is always town and if she is scum or regardless she is my favorite poster this game

afrayed knott is not someone i can agree or read or talk to lol so thats that, maybe a townie maybe a scummie who knows

kittiesecret is fake and maybe scum
This post pinged me as Gimli defending scum!Black by shading me.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:26 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 822, DragonEater70 wrote: Hi, I'm here.
I am not doing a catch up because clearly you guys are averse to catch ups (I'm also averse to catch ups btw), and instead you're just gonna see me replying to some points in a pretty random order. Kk cool stuff.
In post 641, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 616, usesPython wrote:

I disagree, I think you can slot newbies within a few specific archetypes and read them pretty accurately

-A
I agree with this for a true newbie, in the absence of experience and nuance there are definitely a few classic mistakes or styles you can look for. In the case of myself, I'm not new to mafia, I'm only new to the site's gameplay format, years ago I played dozens of games on revolutionmafia, the syndicate, epicmafia, a few others. So I've been quietly bristling(?) at Dragon's attempts to pigeonhole me into a comparison with some other player in some other game, as it is something I can't even defend against. And it feels a bit scummy to try to wrap a label around a player, as if you succeed at it, literally everything that player says from that moment forward would seem corrupted and if you wrong, which he is, you've thrown a wrench into town's play. If I recall correctly, I think he tried to label kittie as well.
Yeah that's fair to be upset about it, but if you notice I'm not rigid in my labels. So I said kittie gave me newbscum vibes but now she feels townie. I don't think there's something inherently bad in using labels/archetypes/comparosons on people, as long as you are not so fixated on them you lose sight of what's happening in front of you.
In post 821, usesPython wrote:
I (unfortunately) agree with this. As I said, I am pretty shitty at scum, and making these kinds of wild cases is outside my scumrange.

Don't worry though, I am working on my scum range, so hopefully in 2-3 scum games (or about half a year from now with how infrequently I roll scum) I might be able to pull something like this off.
In post 719, Gimli wrote: let me think

I think black is a townie and as I said before I understand her scumread on me, and I like her posting otherwise, so I think all is fine in that area

I think DE is making a whole lot of nonsense lately and I'm starting to think that hits scum

you're obviously probably maybe a townie

comet is always town and if she is scum or regardless she is my favorite poster this game

afrayed knott is not someone i can agree or read or talk to lol so thats that, maybe a townie maybe a scummie who knows

kittiesecret is fake and maybe scum
This post pinged me as Gimli defending scum!Black by shading me.
EBWOP
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:28 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I really wish I had more time but I don't so I'll leave you for now but I will get back to expaining my scumcase on Black further at some point today, don't worry.

Also I don't love the vote on me by Black (I just read her reasoning for it and it sucks tbh).

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”