Micro 1087 | It's normal | It's over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:41 am

Post by T3 »

In post 2198, RadiantCowbells wrote: Someone's gotta explain to me how you all didn't lim T3
idk i just ghosted and hoped that everyone would forget about me
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:44 am

Post by T3 »

In post 2202, ChicagoTypewriter wrote: Was there something better for me to do here?
not flake/lurk and get townread better

then again, that's pretty rich coming from me :lol:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2189, Random Nurse wrote: Two major points. No, three.

1) It should've been a clue when I jailed Medeia Night 1 and there was no NK Night 1. Next time try to keep these details in mind.

2) Skitter was heavily pocketed by Medeia. You all should have been questioning more why she kept staying alive. Also, Skitter, the player you Townread the most end-game is most likely Scum, and they've worked hard to get there.

3) Medeia was very good this game. I should have pushed harder Days 1 and 2: I was right to be Scumhunting her.
Yes >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2198, RadiantCowbells wrote: Someone's gotta explain to me how you all didn't lim T3

I won't comment on Medeia because I was spoiled for that one but especially after the CT replacement, like, how is T3 not orders of magnitude more likely to flip wolf than any other player in the game
I got there and then thought peta was forcing a me/pooky cross and got distracted
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2202, ChicagoTypewriter wrote: So ... like I went after T3 pretty hard on Day 1 and Day 2; Day 3 I tried to look at medeia, but everyone ignored me and there was too many posts for me to run analysis on, so I kind of ignored the game for a while.

Was there something better for me to do here?
Ignore all of my/our blithering in elo and just say who you thought was scum, ans why
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

Pts?
Show
Hiatus once more.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:59 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

it feels like

at some point it became very hard for strong town players to play well with other strong town players
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:25 am

Post by bloodhail »

i'm objectively quite poor as town

but difficulty working with people is probably a part of it
and i'm watching all the stars burn out
trying to pretend that i care
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

i knew it was med.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:35 am

Post by Meuh »

Oh gg! Sorry for not towning it up very well >_>
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 2208, skitter30 wrote: Pts?

hm, since invisibility hasn't posted sitewide in a week,

here are quoted versions of mafia pt and my notes pt

i would still be quite interested in reading the dead pt

mafia pt:
Spoiler:
pregame

In post 0, Invisibility wrote:
Mafia PT

Welcome T3, a
Mafia Goon
, and medeia, a
Mafia Odd-Night Rolecop
! You may discuss whatever you wish with your partner in this thread at any time. You should also submit night actions through this thread.
Please assume that all contents of this thread will be made public without redaction when the game ends.
In post 1, medeia wrote:
@moderator - do we have multitasking? i assume not since i do not see it listed in the rules (unless i missed it) but i just wanted to make sure
In post 2, medeia wrote: also, hi t3!
In post 3, Invisibility wrote:
In post 1, medeia wrote:
@moderator - do we have multitasking? i assume not since i do not see it listed in the rules (unless i missed it) but i just wanted to make sure
Nope
In post 4, medeia wrote: okay thanks!

day 1

In post 5, medeia wrote:
In post 6, medeia wrote: i am not entirely sure how to best use the scum pt (well outside of coordinating night actions/discussing potential prs things like that) but if there're any angles you think i should take or anything you would like to discuss or would like help with or any ideas you have or things you would like to try and such, anything really, i am here
In post 7, medeia wrote:
In post 8, medeia wrote: spent some time thinking about potential claims last night in case it becomes necessary

i think if you end up having to claim and want to claim a pr maybe the best bets here would be like

maybe a gated neapolitan or vanilla cop

and the gate could be one-shot or odd-night, one-shot maybe slightly better

though i do not know how you would usually go about claiming such things, could just claim gated also, however you would do so as town i think

it gives lots of options with claiming results tomorrow (can claim based results from my check, or if we pr read someone specific you can claim a vanilla result to check, lots of options) and investigative good to claim because most likely players to simply hammer would be investigative themselves, i would guess there are probably two full town prs in the game since we have like 2/3 of a pr but i am not really an expert on normal design

otherwise vanilla town is also safe of course, safer really

or simply whatever you think is best in terms of gained value or likelihood of survival

will spend more time today thinking about what our current knowledge likely indicates about the setup but that's my thinking at this time
In post 9, medeia wrote:
In post 8, medeia wrote: or if we pr read someone specific you can claim a vanilla result to check
or maybe non-vanilla result would be better

hm, idk

need to think more about this as well
In post 10, medeia wrote:
In post 8, medeia wrote: could just claim gated also, however you would do so as town i think
or even full neapolitan

i don't know

think that would probably be most likely in a neighbour game i guess?

dunnodunnodunno
In post 11, medeia wrote: okay so upon further reflection

the problem with any sort of one-shot or odd-night or full neapolitan sort of claim

is that you would probably have to claim no result tomorrow as if you were roleblocked because otherwise there isn't really a reason you would be alive

since neapolitan guilties both mafias

even with vanilla cop likely only guiltying one mafia it's still kinda ??? that you'd be alive so might have to claim no result there as well

maybe better to claim even-night neapolitan? because built-in reasoning for this
In post 12, medeia wrote: but anyway should only claim as last resort much better for us if we don't have to claim today

leaves us a lot more options in the future

and you have a good amount of latitude here to work with

you've done very well with posts appealing to kcdaspot and random nurse, and don't necessarily have to win over the others just need to be eclipsed as 'most likely' by 1-2
In post 13, medeia wrote: i don't know, sorry if i am posting too much here maybe better for me not to to limit potential perspective issues and such
In post 14, medeia wrote:
In post 15, T3 wrote:
In post 8, medeia wrote: spent some time thinking about potential claims last night in case it becomes necessary

i think if you end up having to claim and want to claim a pr maybe the best bets here would be like

maybe a gated neapolitan or vanilla cop

and the gate could be one-shot or odd-night, one-shot maybe slightly better

though i do not know how you would usually go about claiming such things, could just claim gated also, however you would do so as town i think

it gives lots of options with claiming results tomorrow (can claim based results from my check, or if we pr read someone specific you can claim a vanilla result to check, lots of options) and investigative good to claim because most likely players to simply hammer would be investigative themselves, i would guess there are probably two full town prs in the game since we have like 2/3 of a pr but i am not really an expert on normal design

otherwise vanilla town is also safe of course, safer really

or simply whatever you think is best in terms of gained value or likelihood of survival

will spend more time today thinking about what our current knowledge likely indicates about the setup but that's my thinking at this time
I was thinking something along the lines of 1-shot watcher or jailkeeper but even night neapolitan works. I just worry that if I claim even night then I’ll be limmed. Last game I claimed a N3 Vig role and had to walk it back to Odd Night Vig when it was clear I would be limmed.
In post 16, medeia wrote:
In post 15, T3 wrote: I was thinking something along the lines of 1-shot watcher or jailkeeper but even night neapolitan works. I just worry that if I claim even night then I’ll be limmed. Last game I claimed a N3 Vig role and had to walk it back to Odd Night Vig when it was clear I would be limmed.

let's see

like i said above whatever you think is best in terms of gained value or likelihood of survival is okay with me

if you are eliminated the main worry here is my being locked out of the game by prs, so the gained value would generally be in the form of likely pr targets especially investigatives if there are any, so if you claim a hard investigative and are counterclaimed, or if you claim and then someone hammers without saying anything or someone on the wagon starts encouraging whoever to hammer, that sort of thing

do you have any pr reads right now?

of course simply surviving the day also very beneficial and that's where the claims like 1-shot watcher would come into play, claims that might fit into a lot of different setups, maybe a non-consecutive night protective or something, just buying a day and worrying about it tomorrow is fine and good, same reason quick hammering any town at e-1 is good as scum

or claiming something (perhaps something outlandish) and then being like 'i just wanted to claim something because i always get eliminated when i claim vanilla town' if you feel like you are still potentially going to be eliminated is always an option, or even just claiming like 'i always get eliminated when i claim vanilla town so i am a jailkeeper', however you would express that sort of thing,

simply claiming vanilla town hoping for 'would scum claim vanilla town here?' sort of logic from others is also an option but i feel like towns often just eliminate players who do this, it narrows the poe and such

even-night or night 2 claims are pretty greedy in terms of trying to buy two days

part of why i like them is because you can also then be like

'haha scums i am actually one-shot!' at the start of tomorrow if desired

like claiming even-night tracker day 1
then! if we get a pr result on someone with the rolecop claiming you tracked that player to the nightkill at start of day 2
like aha scums, vote: x, x visited {nightkill} last night and should claim,
push for claim and then push for results
then as long as they claim visiting someone else,
unvote and 'just kidding'
i am actually a 1-shot neapolitan
i got a not-vanilla town result on x and thought it might be a red check
if they claimed vanilla they were scum and if they claimed visiting {nightkill} they were very likely scum
but since they claimed something else they are probably town

i think that sort of thing is towny fake claiming

but! it is pretty risky due to unknowns (would be slightly less risky if you were the rolecop) and! i do not know if you generally do that sort of thing as town and i guess there is a non-zero percent chance someone would be like,

'this sure does seem like something medeia would think up'

suppose i could also do some variant of that tomorrow perhaps but i don't know how good of an idea that is

i am much better at coming with ideas than i am at evaluating how good of an idea any of them actually are
In post 17, T3 wrote: Random Nurse seemed like a PR to me but that was vibes more than anything else. If it comes down to it I’ll claim odd night tracker maybe? I think Even Night tracker and VT will most likely get me limmed
In post 18, T3 wrote: Oh wait nvm it looks like I’m not being limmed. Hopefully.
In post 19, medeia wrote:
In post 17, T3 wrote: Random Nurse seemed like a PR to me but that was vibes more than anything else.
i think the town contract thing may have potentially been a crumb or possibly a fake crumb of some sort,

and i think maybe(?) skitter is reading it that way as well, i am not really sure

will big magnifying glass through the whole game during the night see if i can find anything
In post 20, medeia wrote: deadline pause and reset a little punishing here but it is okay

In post 16, medeia wrote:same reason quick hammering any town at e-1 is good as scum

might have benefitted from this ^ in retrospect but can’t really factor in replacements etc
In post 21, medeia wrote:
In post 17, T3 wrote: If it comes down to it I’ll claim odd night tracker maybe? I think Even Night tracker and VT will most likely get me limmed

i think claiming vanilla town has maybe gone up in value slightly with chicagotypewriter having already claimed but i am not sure
In post 22, medeia wrote: do you generally not place votes in situations like this as town?

night 1

In post 23, medeia wrote: what are your initial thoughts on night actions here?

i haven’t yet been able to think about it too much yet

we probably kill or rolecop chicagotypewriter depending upon how we want to play the day

will sit down and start looking for crumbs later today
In post 24, medeia wrote:
In post 16, medeia wrote:outlandish

In post 25, T3 wrote: holy cow, i actually survived

as town i usually only make a vote at the very end of the day but there are exceptions
In post 26, T3 wrote: i think there's a solid chance that Chicago's role isn't confirmable and that we can possibly push him tomorrow - i'd rolecop him and kill someone else.

we shouldn't kill skitter because he hard townreads you and is also widely townread. we shouldn't kill Nurse.
In post 27, medeia wrote:
In post 25, T3 wrote: holy cow, i actually survived

as town i usually only make a vote at the very end of the day but there are exceptions

from my perspective the end result of your wagon there was always the goal once skitter asked meuh/chicagotypewriter to vote and it reformed

just had to be patient to get it there

maybe i was supposed to be braver at the end of day and hold my vote until morning hoping for chicagotypewriter elimination

just got a little scared by sheepsaysmeep post and i was going to be asleep and then only somewhat available on mobile so i played it safe knowing random nurse would likely hammer overnight
In post 28, medeia wrote:
In post 26, T3 wrote: i think there's a solid chance that Chicago's role isn't confirmable and that we can possibly push him tomorrow - i'd rolecop him and kill someone else.

we shouldn't kill skitter because he hard townreads you and is also widely townread. we shouldn't kill Nurse.
*she, with regards to skitter

if we leave chicagotypewriter alive with hopes of pushing him it likely leads to massclaim tomorrow and then chicagotypewriter possibly being confirmed by the setup unless one of us fakeclaims

if you think you can win a final three here i can probably claim in such a way tomorrow that someone else is eliminated and then i am eliminated at five but 'why would medeia sacrifice herself to setup this endgame' only goes so far as a defense you would then have to go out and win it from there can't just hope to not lose in final three

could maybe try to fakeclaim in such a way that it's just maybe believable to also be in the setup, 'odd-night checker or visitor' that sort of thing, but idk,

i really only want to leave chicagotypewriter alive if we are pretty confident in someone else being a pr to target instead

we need not worry too much about who is townreading me and such, my being alive itself is a liability to some extent

there isn't really an argument that scum!skitter would be likely to leave me alive to try to eliminate me later so if she ever starts thinking, 'hmm maybe medeia isn't so towny', game becomes very tough

like there are angles maybe to try to push her on in the future (partially led a miselimination though got iffy about it at the end in a way that towns sometimes believe is scum indicative even though it really isn't, steered wagon off of you so could in theory be partner indicative if you are flipped, pushed a claimed pr) but ehhhhhhh i am so bad as a scums that ending up in this sort of situation feels unideal

we still need two town eliminations here and can afford one of us to be eliminated in the process just hard to figure out who those eliminations are
In post 29, medeia wrote: okay finally onto crumb collecting mission sorry for delay
In post 30, medeia wrote: i guess we should also try to weigh the likelihood that chicagotypewriter is fakeclaiming as vanilla town here
In post 31, medeia wrote: every newbie informational type material going to tell you not to do that and very wise players and moderators like micc or mykonian going to say even when you think this is a good idea it is a bad idea don’t do it

but would i? yeah maybe

and there are others i believe would as well

just how likely is chicagotypewriter to have done so is the question
In post 32, medeia wrote: and the newbie materials and wiser beings would obviously be correct in this situation

because if chicagotypewriter is lying then

nightkill x
rolecop chicagotypewriter

redcheck with odd-night simple-checker claiming i targeted because it seemed possible (50/50) to me that chicagotypewriter paraphrased partner’s role if chicagotypewriter was mafia and didn’t really know what else to do with it

possibly get chicagotypewriter eliminated and have pretty cleanish claim
In post 33, medeia wrote: or just let chicagotypewriter have to back pedal and possibly get self eliminated

could gain additional information rolecopping elsewhere i suppose

hm,

kinda leaning towards not likely to be a lie though
In post 34, T3 wrote:
In post 30, medeia wrote: i guess we should also try to weigh the likelihood that chicagotypewriter is fakeclaiming as vanilla town here
i don't think so tbh, the role 'felt' real
In post 35, medeia wrote: why don't you want to kill random nurse?
In post 36, medeia wrote: i actually think there's a non-zero percent chance this:
In post 32, medeia wrote: simple-checker

is random nurse's role

random nurse wrote:Medeia, wanna make a Town Contract with me?

It's simple, and I made it up.

Every time I ask you a direct question you answer me upfront without evasion/deflection, and the same for me when you ask me direct questions. It's not fool-proof but it'd go a LONG way in fostering trust. If rejected or broken that'd make the one rejecting/breaking it look Scummy.

I extend this invitation to you.
simple, something that detects evasion, not fool-proof, but if gives a result possibly meaningful
In post 37, medeia wrote:
In post 34, T3 wrote:
i don't think so tbh, the role 'felt' real

yeah, i kinda want to rolecop someone else if we leave chicagotypewriter alive and just get full claim from chicagotypewriter during the day

feels like a bit of a waste to use the rolecop there
In post 38, T3 wrote: i didn't really want to kill nurse because he townread me or at least was hesitant to lim me, but what you've said actually makes sense
In post 39, medeia wrote: i still haven’t finished looking through - doing so periodically on my phone has been A Project

what i get for being exhausted last night though
In post 40, medeia wrote: i think maybe(?) there’s something to be said about the skepticism towards chicagotypewriter’s claim and what that means for likelihood of those players being a pr (probably slightly increased) but that’s not much
In post 41, medeia wrote: maybe three best options to me right now seem like

t3 kills chicagotypewriter
medeia rolecops random nurse

t3 kills random nurse
medeia rolecops skitter

t3 kills skitter

but those are the three players you wanted to leave alive, so

will continue thinking on this,

ceejayvinoya is mostly townread here and hard to find an angle on but there isn't really anything that indicates to me that it's likely ceejayvinoya is a pr, so nightkill might be okay but might also raise some questions and rolecop would just be pr poe

sheepsaysmeep is somewhat townread but once again nothing that really indicates he is likely to be a pr to me, so nightkill kinda okay and rolecop once again just pr poe, either of these would be 'status quo' kills though random nurse is in a way as well

pooky doesn't seem like an ideal nightkill or rolecop here but i really do not want to find myself in a situation where i am confirmed scum to pooky and pooky is 'confirmed scum' to me though that is maybe not relevant until later

if chicagotypewriter is a commuter or hider and we try to nightkill him i would be so so sad, less sad if there is a protective and they protect chicagotypewriter but still a bit sad

but i am not sure how greatly that should weigh on our choice

like chicagotypewriter could also just get a redcheck ya know
In post 42, medeia wrote:
t3 nightkills chicagotypewriter

going to placeholder this one for now just in case

should be able to check in again 2 hours or so before the deadline
In post 43, medeia wrote: not sure if clear eyes have made me anymore clear headed

this still feels the simplest most straightforward but

that doesn’t really make it feel ‘right’

but maybe any decision made here is ‘wrong’ if the results are not good

like no way to judge without being results oriented and i can’t be results oriented yet because i don’t have the results

(obviously there is a ‘best’ decision based on available information and such but impossible to actually consider
all
available information)
In post 44, medeia wrote:
t3 nightkills chicagotypewriter

sticking with it fingers crossed

sorry if disaster

day 2

In post 45, Invisibility wrote:
@medeia

Action FailedNo result: you could not determine Random Nurses's role.
In post 46, medeia wrote: well those results are Not Good

sorry t3 that’s on me 100%
In post 47, medeia wrote: yeah should have just defaulted to your choices

will brainstorm possible reasons for both results
In post 48, medeia wrote: possible reasons for no nightkill:

chicagotypewriter was doctored, chicagotypewriter was jailkept, chicagotypewriter is a commuter or hider, chicagotypewriter was aligned, chicagotypewriter was rolestopped, t3 was roleblocked, t3 was jailkept, t3 was aliened,

possible reasons for no rolecop result:

random nurse is ascetic, random nurse is a commuter, random nurse was rolestopped, random nurse was aliened, medeia was jailkept, medeia was roleblocked, medeia was aliened,

there are probably others just the first I thought of
In post 49, medeia wrote: oh right bulletproof is a thing that exists
In post 50, medeia wrote: t3 was definitely right about correct approach to chicagotypewriter last night

but back on the horse soon it’s not condemning just need to be better
In post 51, medeia wrote: (and well played to chicagotypewriter as well if you’re reading this in post game)
In post 52, T3 wrote:ah fuck
In post 53, medeia wrote: we’re okay here

i’ll be home in an hour and a half or so

15k to go

you’re probably(?) a vanilla town here but up to you
In post 54, medeia wrote:
In post 55, T3 wrote: we need to lim one of pooky/skitter to win here i think
In post 56, medeia wrote: yeah pooky and then random nurse is current line

getting nightkill through going to be dicey but yeah that’s the angle i think
In post 57, medeia wrote: if pooky eliminated then

{skitter, ceejayvinoya, sheepsaysmeep}

is nightkill pool

who it is isn’t important there we would just need to maximise chance of it going through

whichever of us less likely to be jailkept targeting whoever amongst the above would be least likely to be jailkept etc
In post 58, medeia wrote:
In post 55, T3 wrote: we need to lim one of pooky/skitter to win here i think

of course line is malleable - don’t think skitter likely to become viable here though - pooky knows she is town so no real angle there

but if successful with the first the second elimination could then be on anyone of course random nurse just seems most likely to me right now
In post 59, medeia wrote: i do not think random nurse elimination would be end of the world or anything either though

which also comes with benefit of making nightkill without risk

might even be good based on my success with the nightkill thus far
In post 60, T3 wrote: yeah, i think the random nurse lim would be most likely. i just don't really see an angle with which we can push pooky today though
In post 61, T3 wrote: alternatively we could go for sheep
In post 62, medeia wrote: i am working on angle with regards to pooky there - just don't really want to disengage pooky from mechanical approach to the game because of where that might lead and chances he becomes very apparently town while doing so and there are risks in joining skitter in pushing for an elimination outside of the pr claims right now so taking a longer term approach

there are certainly angles for pushing sheepsaysmeep as well but again somewhat slippery slope for me pushing outside of the pr claims right now and keeping wagon off of you

doesn't seem a terrible thing for you to explore if you want to though as it doesn't carry that same risk
In post 63, T3 wrote: lmao i have no idea how to push people as scum. i don't think my point was that bad i was just really clunky with my words

night 2

In post 64, T3 wrote: so now one of you/chicago is basically confscum? if you flip then i don't think i survive d4
In post 65, medeia wrote:
In post 63, T3 wrote: lmao i have no idea how to push people as scum. i don't think my point was that bad i was just really clunky with my words

idk it's hard to give helpful thoughts because a) i am very bad as a scums in particular but in general as well like far far too many disasters still and b) i am me and not you and i play in the way i do because i am me and while i do often make mental models of other players and how they approach various situations it is still hard for me to not replace you with me when trying to think of how to push people as a scums

but! the way i view things,

it's not that your points with regards to sheepsaysmeep were bad rather that they were otherwise disconnected from what was going on in the game, and there wasn't a way for others to connect them

like towns inherently have a lens through which they are viewing the game, which isn't always apparent and alot of the game as town is trying to fill in those blanks for others,

a large part of the reason it is easier to post as scums earlier in the game rather than later is because at the beginning of the game this lens is clear, everyone is blank the game is blank there is no information and so nothing need be tinted by anything else

but as the game goes on towns start to have reads and views of possible worlds and roles are revealed and such and so everything becomes tinted in various ways for each individual player and scums have to create this lens themselves because they know the solution so it is not naturally there, everything is always clear to a scums

so if you're not giving a way for other players to see that lens through your posts, and you're not filling it in for them when asked and such, then players will generally fill in the blanks with scum intentions

to make it less abstract, if we focus on posts about sheepsaysmeep in particular there,

prior to those posts you made a few posts focusing on the claims without too much followup, and then turned your focus to sheepsaysmeep

so you would either want to connect those things in your posts yourself, or to have it apparent to others how they are connected to you simply by reading, or to explain/fill it in if asked

like this:
medeia wrote:i don't really know how to play mafia either and i can relate to frustrations with being scumread if you're town here but noone is asking you to completely solve the game or anything ya know

like just pick a post or something that has happened in the game or whatever and talk about it, the possible intentions you see for those involved, how you are weighing the likelihoods of those intentions, et cetera

like multiple players have asked you about your feelings on your wagon and such and it's like,

did you feel meuh's e-1 vote on the initial wagon was truly accidental? that initial wagon was {chicagotypewriter, ceejayvinoya, pookythemagicalbear, meuh} at it's height and three of those players have returned to your wagon now and the fourth has stated a willingness to eliminate you, does that mean anything to you with regards to their possible alignments?, what possible explanations can you think of for why that wagon dissipated in the first place? skitter then inspired the reorganization of that wagon by asking you/meuh/chicagotypewriter about your willingnesses to vote eachother? did it feel like skitter might have had a sinister motivation for doing so to you? meuh and chicagotypewriter have both expressed doubts about one another's alignments but have also both seemed very comfortable on your wagon alongside eachother, does that seem potentially noteworthy to you? et cetera et cetera

like literally you can just pick anything at all from the game and share your thoughts on it give players a chance to see if you're town

is pretty applicable to most situations as either alignment really

and you just want to ask yourself as many questions as you can possibly think of and then use as many of the answers as you reasonably can in your posts and save the rest for filling in the blanks if anyone asks you any questions or anything

i guess it's not really about pushing anyone solely just flipping over all of the rocks to see if there are worms under any of them
In post 66, medeia wrote:
In post 64, T3 wrote: so now one of you/chicago is basically confscum? if you flip then i don't think i survive d4

well, from skitter's point of view the 3 town prs world is the most likely i believe

i think most everyone else may be viewing the game that way though, and my claim has definitely become slightly worse from the jailkeeper flip and such but not irrecoverably so or anything

i think there may be ways for us to play the day that would increase your chances of winning if i am eliminated and will continue to think about that tomorrow

who might you want to nightkill here?
In post 67, T3 wrote:
In post 65, medeia wrote:

idk it's hard to give helpful thoughts because a) i am very bad as a scums in particular but in general as well like far far too many disasters still and b) i am me and not you and i play in the way i do because i am me and while i do often make mental models of other players and how they approach various situations it is still hard for me to not replace you with me when trying to think of how to push people as a scums

but! the way i view things,

it's not that your points with regards to sheepsaysmeep were bad rather that they were otherwise disconnected from what was going on in the game, and there wasn't a way for others to connect them

like towns inherently have a lens through which they are viewing the game, which isn't always apparent and alot of the game as town is trying to fill in those blanks for others,

a large part of the reason it is easier to post as scums earlier in the game rather than later is because at the beginning of the game this lens is clear, everyone is blank the game is blank there is no information and so nothing need be tinted by anything else

but as the game goes on towns start to have reads and views of possible worlds and roles are revealed and such and so everything becomes tinted in various ways for each individual player and scums have to create this lens themselves because they know the solution so it is not naturally there, everything is always clear to a scums

so if you're not giving a way for other players to see that lens through your posts, and you're not filling it in for them when asked and such, then players will generally fill in the blanks with scum intentions

to make it less abstract, if we focus on posts about sheepsaysmeep in particular there,

prior to those posts you made a few posts focusing on the claims without too much followup, and then turned your focus to sheepsaysmeep

so you would either want to connect those things in your posts yourself, or to have it apparent to others how they are connected to you simply by reading, or to explain/fill it in if asked

like this:
medeia wrote:i don't really know how to play mafia either and i can relate to frustrations with being scumread if you're town here but noone is asking you to completely solve the game or anything ya know

like just pick a post or something that has happened in the game or whatever and talk about it, the possible intentions you see for those involved, how you are weighing the likelihoods of those intentions, et cetera

like multiple players have asked you about your feelings on your wagon and such and it's like,

did you feel meuh's e-1 vote on the initial wagon was truly accidental? that initial wagon was {chicagotypewriter, ceejayvinoya, pookythemagicalbear, meuh} at it's height and three of those players have returned to your wagon now and the fourth has stated a willingness to eliminate you, does that mean anything to you with regards to their possible alignments?, what possible explanations can you think of for why that wagon dissipated in the first place? skitter then inspired the reorganization of that wagon by asking you/meuh/chicagotypewriter about your willingnesses to vote eachother? did it feel like skitter might have had a sinister motivation for doing so to you? meuh and chicagotypewriter have both expressed doubts about one another's alignments but have also both seemed very comfortable on your wagon alongside eachother, does that seem potentially noteworthy to you? et cetera et cetera

like literally you can just pick anything at all from the game and share your thoughts on it give players a chance to see if you're town

is pretty applicable to most situations as either alignment really

and you just want to ask yourself as many questions as you can possibly think of and then use as many of the answers as you reasonably can in your posts and save the rest for filling in the blanks if anyone asks you any questions or anything

i guess it's not really about pushing anyone solely just flipping over all of the rocks to see if there are worms under any of them
i understand what you're saying, thanks. i'll try and apply that tomorrow. i guess i'll probably just do some kind of big reread of the game
In post 68, T3 wrote:
In post 66, medeia wrote:

well, from skitter's point of view the 3 town prs world is the most likely i believe

i think most everyone else may be viewing the game that way though, and my claim has definitely become slightly worse from the jailkeeper flip and such but not irrecoverably so or anything

i think there may be ways for us to play the day that would increase your chances of winning if i am eliminated and will continue to think about that tomorrow

who might you want to nightkill here?
i'd nightkill sheep, but i worry that will make a scum!Pooky world less likely to the rest of the town just because sheep is the only person who really townreads pooky
In post 69, medeia wrote:
medeia nightkills sheepsaysmeep
In post 70, medeia wrote:
In post 67, T3 wrote: i understand what you're saying, thanks. i'll try and apply that tomorrow. i guess i'll probably just do some kind of big reread of the game

i think some likely conversations, at least at the beginning of the day, will be

what random nurse flip means for the other pr claims
skitter world v. scum in me/chicagotypewriter
the nightkill
the random nurse wagon
the hammer

and then other player specific things,

so evaluating those in reread seems good,

and if you'd think it is likely that one of me/chicagotypewriter is confscum in this situation there's no need to shy away from that,

basically don't worry about my being eliminated when thinking about positioning and such; i will do my very best not to fail in that regard

and any anxieties you have about my flipping or anything you can channel into towny anxieties,

coordinating hammer might not be the easiest for us if the situation arises but we will figure it out
In post 71, medeia wrote:
In post 68, T3 wrote: but i worry that will make a scum!Pooky world less likely to the rest of the town just because sheep is the only person who really townreads pooky

i think scum!pooky would quite possibly nightkill skitter in this situation and then say 'i would never nightkill skitter here',

but i do not really think everyone will reach the conclusion that scum!pooky is less likely because sheepsaysmeep is dead,

sheepsaysmeep was hardpushing chicagotypewriter/random nurse as definitely containing a scums and you as the partner,

so his death generally implicates either you/chicagotypewriter or! someone trying to implicate you/chicagotypewriter, so!
In post 72, medeia wrote:
In post 70, medeia wrote:i think some likely conversations, at least at the beginning of the day, will be

what random nurse flip means for the other pr claims
skitter world v. scum in me/chicagotypewriter
the nightkill
the random nurse wagon
the hammer

and then other player specific things,

and whether or not we should no eliminate as well
In post 73, T3 wrote:
In post 72, medeia wrote: and whether or not we should no eliminate as well
oh yeah - should we push for a no lim? tomorrow i think i might try to buddy up a bit with chicago and weakly echo a lot of what he says
In post 74, medeia wrote:
In post 73, T3 wrote: oh yeah - should we push for a no lim?

if that's how you would evaluate it, i don't think it greatly benefits scum!us nor hurts us, so it's just up to how you would view the benefits of it to town!you i think

day 3

In post 75, medeia wrote:
In post 76, T3 wrote: if we no lim today, who do you think we should kill tonight? i think we probably kill brass, but i'm not sure. i think we should just do our best to keep the current gamestate because i don't see you getting limmed at any point if things stay the way they are.
In post 77, medeia wrote: uh, i am not sure, i would lean towards skitter but must think about more gather further information et cetera

keeping current gamestate does make sense tho yeah

night 3

In post 78, medeia wrote: so nightkills various potential teams might make:

skitter/x - medeia
pooky/chicagotypewriter - no kill or skitter or brassherald; maybe medeia if afraid of check but i have argued against their potential pairing multiple times and skitter and brassherald have both posited it as a possibility at different times
pooky/brassherald - medeia
pooky/t3 - medeia
chicagotypewriter/brassherald - no kill or skitter, don't think they'd kill pooky even though he suggested possibility of but maybe they would
chicagotypewriter/t3 - no kill or skitter
brassherald/t3 - medeia

basically every team not involving chicagotypewriter would be likely to kill me even if they weren't afraid of the check and then just eliminate chicagotypewriter i think while saying 'chicagotypewriter and partner had to kill medeia because of the check didn't want to get whole team caught instead of just chicagotypewriter'

the ones involving chicagotypewriter would only be likely to kill me if they were explicitly afraid of the check i think and if they were not afraid of the check i think they would be most likely to kill skitter or to no kill

i think brassherald kill would only be somewhat likely to be made by pooky/chicagotypewriter or possibly(?) chicagotypewriter/t3 (you might be able to answer that one better than i can)

but since those are viable worlds to most players it could also be a viable nightkill for us

possible nightkill targets:

no kill - maybe(?) worse than shooting chicagotypewriter; would rather nightkill someone anyway

chicagotypewriter - i mostly don't want to do this because then it's like 'oh scums could have shot chicagotypewriter again' or 'chicagotypewriter trying to make it seem like he was shot again' and then we probably end up sleeping again and yeah, it's a viable option though

skitter - still leaning this way i think, seems logical nightkill in chicagotypewriter worlds and can still be said pooky did it and if leaving me alive anyone who might try to push me would probably want skitter out of the way to do so and such

pooky - nah

brassherald - if you still want to to keep things status quo i am okay with doing so up to you, i'll play the day however it opens ya know, and i am not very wise so if you want to overrule please do so

possible 'check' targets

t3 - can't really claim unsuccessful on you because you're not ascetic and if you were eliminated it doesn't actually make any sense for your partner to have roleblocked me as they would be likely to be framing themselves, don't really want to claim successful on you as it just ties us together a little more

chicagotypewriter - okay so okay so okay so the problem here is that, ascetic chicagotypewriter would have always claimed commuter not bulletproof i think, so an unsuccessful check seems like one of those ever expanding holes, successful check a possible option though

(it probably makes the most sense to use the actual rolecop on chicagotypewriter regardless but i am fairly confident everyone truthful about roles)

skitter - nah; i have a pretty good idea of what a saw music starts to play in my head 'oh no it was skitter all along' paranoid spiral sort of thing would look like because town me has been prone to that sort of thing at times but a) i wouldn't initiate this with a check anyway and b) i generally need to be at like 10 billion percent for that kinda thing to happen as town and i'm at like 35% right now at most

pooky - kinda want to check pooky as i can easily explain why i checked him at length (he was very quick to assume there was an ascetic, unsure of him etc); claiming unsuccessful maybe more okay in this situation because roleblocker would be like, theoretically possible, but i still kinda want to avoid that sort of direct 'oh you're most likely a scums!' sort of thing like pooky can be very obviously town if you give him the solution so i'd rather claim successful

brassherald - just seems kinda difficult to explain why i would have checked brassherald so nah

so nightkill skitter (or brassherald if you would like)
successfully check chicagotypewriter or pooky
rolecop chicagotypewriter

?
In post 79, medeia wrote: submitting these:

t3 nightkills skitter
medeia rolecops chicagotypewriter

as our night actions and then requesting a fast night

but if you'd like to nightkill brassherald instead that is also okay with me as i said above up to you if so just resubmit with brassherald replacing skitter
In post 80, medeia wrote: other potential benefit of nightkilling brassherald would be that it leaves me/skitter alive and pooky was pushing paranoid angle of that possibility

i don't think scum!pooky would be super likely to try to win through that but he might try to look towny doing so and then fall back to you/chicagotypewriter whoever wasn't partnered with him or even! partner and then the other the following day,

and it could also be argued that non-pooky scums would want pooky to push that angle for them, could be their best bet and such
In post 81, medeia wrote: and it's not like anyone is really heavily suspecting brassherald either
In post 82, medeia wrote: guess i just worry that the only like truly viable chicagotypewriter team if we nightkilled brassherald would be you/chicagotypewriter

and that if you are eliminated first the argument that the two of you are not partnered is not actually like a terrible one
In post 83, T3 wrote: i think we should probably kill brassherald. mainly bc i think killing brassherald will preserve the gamestate and also yeah, no one suspects him.
In post 84, T3 wrote:
t3 kills brassherald

i think that town will probably just speed through the me/chicago lims and not really give it much of a second thought, unless it is towards limming pooky tbh.
In post 85, medeia wrote:
In post 83, T3 wrote: i think we should probably kill brassherald. mainly bc i think killing brassherald will preserve the gamestate and also yeah, no one suspects him.

i guess i still worry that it narrows the worlds like i said above and also if skitter starts to scumread me it is very doomed, whereas anyone else it's just like, ope maybe they're trying to win the game, ya know

In post 84, T3 wrote: i think that town will probably just speed through the me/chicago lims and not really give it much of a second thought, unless it is towards limming pooky tbh.

i don't think there is any chance town will speed through anything here unless chicagotypewriter forces it by voting, otherwise it's going to be super super grindy day if skitter alive as she will rereview and such

especially since everyone currently scumreads chicagotypewriter and it doesn't really make sense for you/chicagotypewriter to kill brassherald if partnered together, so there are multiple flashing red lights for everyone to work through

our associatives are pretty ugly so we also have to be very careful about how voting plays out and such in terms of which teams get confirmed as impossible through that and such
In post 86, medeia wrote:
In post 85, medeia wrote: it doesn't really make sense for you/chicagotypewriter to kill brassherald if partnered together

right like brassherald is the only living player that hasn't directly suggested you/chicagotypewriter outside of the two of you

the rest of us have and skitter and i both just did

In post 83, T3 wrote: i think killing brassherald will preserve the gamestate and also yeah, no one suspects him.

and yeah, idk how much the gamestate can actually be preserved because it doesn't actually work as is,

and it's not like anyone really suspects skitter either

like pooky townreads her despite the stated paranoia and i think pooky would always go for me first if he felt pretty certain it was actually me/skitter

and then if i was eliminated in that situation you'd have to then convince chicagotypewriter that skitter was my partner in final three

with chicagotypewriter more or less confirmed
In post 87, medeia wrote:
In post 86, medeia wrote: like pooky townreads her despite the stated paranoia and i think pooky would always go for me first if he felt pretty certain it was actually me/skitter

and then if i was eliminated in that situation you'd have to then convince chicagotypewriter that skitter was my partner in final three

this actually nearly impossible because skitter would have had to have decided to eliminate me over pooky so would need to win this at five if pooky votes me
In post 88, medeia wrote:
In post 87, medeia wrote: this actually nearly impossible because skitter would have had to have decided to eliminate me over pooky so would need to win this at five if pooky votes me
other option is if pooky/chicagotypewriter vote me you find a reasonable way to hammer and then convince chicagotypewriter that skitter is my partner not you
In post 89, medeia wrote:

yeah mostly i just don't think most potential scum teams here would want to preserve the gamestate or anything like that either

day 4

In post 90, Invisibility wrote:
@medeia

Action SucceededChicagoTypewriter is a 1-Shot Bulletproof.
In post 91, T3 wrote:
In post 89, medeia wrote:

yeah mostly i just don't think most potential scum teams here would want to preserve the gamestate or anything like that either
true, although we’re can’t do anything about that now lol

Chicago lied but I don’t think it makes much of a difference in how we go about today
In post 92, medeia wrote:
In post 91, T3 wrote: true, although we’re can’t do anything about that now lol

oh it's fine i was still thinking about it and such but i know to keep reminding myself to just play the day

like there's always time to review choices made after the game and i've certainly made dozens of questionable if not outright terrible ones this game

but for now!

pa'lante
In post 93, T3 wrote: i think my only real option is to repeat stuff i've said yesterday and don't really do much else and then hope that skitter ends up voting pooky or ct

if i get voted out today there are gonna be a lot of weird questions about why you didn't get killed
In post 94, T3 wrote: i'll try and leave some more bad associatives with chicago today in case i get limmed
In post 95, T3 wrote: Just realized that I have never voted in ELO during any game on this site ever :lol:

As town I always get limmed beforehand and when I’ve quickhammered as scum it’s been in MELO but not ELO.
In post 96, medeia wrote:
In post 95, T3 wrote: Just realized that I have never voted in ELO during any game on this site ever :lol:

As town I always get limmed beforehand and when I’ve quickhammered as scum it’s been in MELO but not ELO.

lol

i have significantly more experience in elo as a scums than as town

i am a nightkill magnet regardless of how accurate my reads are or how much sense it makes for the game

like i was killed night 1 in my last game despite misreading so hard i doctored a scums (who was caught killing me by a watcher)

and in the game before that i was killed night 2 in a newbie game despite being a claimed vanilla town when two prs were still alive

so i basically never get to play elo as town
In post 97, T3 wrote: As a VT I have been limmed in all but 1 of my games, in which I was killed N1 after making a total of 15 posts while somehow having perfect reads and being widely townread.

As scum I either crash out day 1 or do very well but then get limmed in f6 or so. This game I crashed out day 1 but had a miraculous stoke of luck and am somehow still alive :lol:
In post 98, medeia wrote: oh i do not think luck was much of a factor in that
In post 99, T3 wrote: This is wild lol, bloodhail’s main is like, Koba, maybe??? I have no idea but I’m reading through his posts and I’m giggling out loud
In post 100, T3 wrote: Nvm lol he’s peta, that’s what I get for not reading the posts in chronological order

My prospects of staying alive feel very dim :lol:
In post 101, T3 wrote: No way I can continue to justify a bloodhail/skitter team :lol:

I might as well just roll over and die

or maybe I can vote fake being freaked out scum and vote skitter to get bloodhail to vote skitter? But there’s nothing stopping bloodhail from voting me there.
In post 102, medeia wrote: it’s petapan
In post 103, medeia wrote: still hope for skitter/pooky crossvote so i don’t think you should force vote here
In post 104, medeia wrote: let me know when you're around
In post 105, medeia wrote:

!!

we can coordinate hammer whenever you’re able
In post 106, T3 wrote:
In post 105, medeia wrote:

!!

we can coordinate hammer whenever you’re able
Im here
In post 107, T3 wrote: I have the hammer typed up, lmk when you do too and then we can hammer
In post 108, medeia wrote:okay ready
In post 109, medeia wrote:say go
In post 110, T3 wrote:
In post 109, medeia wrote: say go
go
In post 111, medeia wrote: ayyyyyy good job!!!!!!

medeia's pt:
Spoiler:
pregame

In post 0, Invisibility wrote:blep
In post 1, medeia wrote:thankyou!

day 1

In post 2, medeia wrote: on one hand i wish i knew how to calm down basically ever

on the other it's not like i have played a calm town game in more than a year
In post 3, medeia wrote: it would be helpful if i weren't so goddamn awful at being a scums

but i am trying
In post 4, medeia wrote:
In post 3, medeia wrote: it would be helpful if i weren't so goddamn awful at being a scums

yeah idk

want to repost this basically every time i think about this game

doing okay at diverting pressure to myself and then in theory from there diverting pressure to those pushing me

need some players to be scumreading me anyway to explain my presence later on in the game

couldn't really be like 'okay let's push pooky' there since that would immediately raise serious alarm bells for skitter pooky and meuh

but do need to work on more ways to divert pressure from t3 - in theory the best way is for t3 to simply return and townpost - but do need a backup plan of some sort

there are maybe some exploitable ties to t3 from other players but bussing so meh day one would very much rather not

any sort of plan probably involves very drawn out day and then trying to give direction at that point, which i have enough experience doing as town, though something could easily happen in the meantime

or simply a claim so i should think about possible claims if necessary for both myself and t3 while training
In post 5, medeia wrote: not entirely sure why but the themed youtube videos really help me with having a mafia posting mindset
In post 6, medeia wrote: just gotta keep the themed ones to the mafia pt lol
In post 7, medeia wrote: okay so

current votes on t3 are chicagotypewriter, ceejayvinoya and skitter

with meuh and pooky also having stated scumreads

best alternative outlets currently:

chicagotypewriter onto random nurse, though we'll learn more when chicagotypewriter catches up
ceejayvinoya onto kcdaspot
skitter and pooky onto meuh
pooky onto random nurse
meuh onto chicagotypewriter

waiting for kcdaspot to catchup to see stances, waiting for random nurse to abandon no longer viable wagon on me to see where he goes

lots of time in day and random nurse and meuh can potentially be 4/5 already doing the drawn out day and end of day push thing

so those both feel somewhat achievable

and i think maybe there's some room with kcdaspot here will maybe explore some sort of 'very wary of kcdaspot only focusing on me and then resetting once my wagon was no longer viable and such but we'll see what he returns with and such' soon maybe???

feel like would have to openwolf a bit or even more than a bit for chicagotypewriter push

think ceejayvinoya, skitter, and pooky wagons are probably non-viable today unless something drastic happens, and kinda wanna be nightkilling in this group but really need to look closely for potential prs at some point
In post 8, medeia wrote:
In post 2, medeia wrote: i wish i knew how to calm down basically ever
also yeah think maybe it was non-beneficial for me to be posting in the mafia pt but ^^^

and
like best way to divert pressure from t3 is still for t3 to townpost which there is room for with pooky post about 'who do you sus' and is also the purpose of my question towards and there's also room for t3 to walk skitter through thought process regarding the vote/unvote thing which could also 'appeal' to me and such or whatever

so talking about backup plan in pt and such was maybe actively bad yeah
In post 9, medeia wrote:
In post 10, medeia wrote: okayokayokayokayokayokayokayokayokay

coffee then i suppose i should do the thing
In post 11, medeia wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sigh
In post 12, medeia wrote: feel like maybe i have messed this up horribly

just wanted t3 to interact with me so i/others could townread it or glimpses of it

but i think maybe the correct play was to just let t3 be altogether

because he was doing very well with passively letting players simply move on to other pursuits

i was just worried about end of day when everyone needs to find a wagon,

i dunno,

scum!pooky would have taken the openwolf route with regards to chicagotypewriter which i was also feeling out there working on exploring

and scum!flavour leaf would probably just townread t3 without the interaction altogether based on lack of wanting to survive/defend self or something (which i may now explore, also reminder to self that similarities to that one time with andante might be useful)

so i think maybe just misjudged everything here / should have taken a better line
In post 13, medeia wrote:
In post 12, medeia wrote: and scum!flavour leaf would probably just townread t3 without the interaction altogether based on lack of wanting to survive/defend self or something (which i may now explore, also reminder to self that similarities to that one time with andante might be useful)

yeah idk 'think scum!t3 would make some effort to appease me' or something like that

training and then we'll see
In post 14, medeia wrote: guess maybe plant the seed and hedge might be better
In post 15, medeia wrote:
In post 16, medeia wrote: that was definitely bad posting but grueling day can't do better until later

night 1

In post 17, medeia wrote: sorry meuh

not feeling like i am going to solve this one

look at disaster game
In post 18, medeia wrote: why is it so difficult for me to make basic decisions

like i've now just compiled everything i can possibly think of re: nightkill and rolecop in a notepad and it's just like,

dunno
In post 19, medeia wrote: also when trying to plan out how i think the days will go i realize i am still impossibly prone to wanting to try out increasingly terrible ideas so let's just try to keep it on the tracks here

haven't had to type out

NO MORE IDEAS

recently

but also maybe

NO MORE IDEAS

and

DO NOT GET TOO DISTRACTED
In post 20, medeia wrote:
In post 21, medeia wrote:
In post 3, medeia wrote: but i am trying

here lies medeia

she tried

day 2

In post 22, medeia wrote:
In post 23, medeia wrote:
In post 24, medeia wrote:
In post 25, medeia wrote: if only i were braver at end of day…

sigh
In post 26, medeia wrote:
@moderator,

could i please see what result pms would look like for a checker?
In post 27, medeia wrote: there are sample role pms on the wiki but no sample results
In post 28, medeia wrote: ^^
In post 0, Invisibility wrote: blep

quoting for notification
In post 29, Invisibility wrote:
In post 26, medeia wrote:
@moderator,

could i please see what result pms would look like for a checker?
Action SucceededYour action was successful.

Action Not SucceededYour action was not successful.
In post 30, medeia wrote:thankyou!
In post 31, medeia wrote: okay definitely need a new song or two that make me want to post lacking in desire tonight let's see
In post 32, medeia wrote:
In post 33, medeia wrote:
In post 34, medeia wrote: i love that anytime i cannot or do not want to solve the game as it is i can just change it into something i do

like ope do not want to build the lego death star anymore it is now the empire state building tada!

that is most redeeming feature of playing as a scums to me
In post 35, medeia wrote:
In post 786, medeia wrote: i like how often our thoughts line up (like with the claiming the remaining shots thing) and am going to force myself not to get paranoid about this

this was partly for meuh's benefit if she's still reading the game

wanted to give her a hint something to alert the spidey sense

since her initial feelings were so accurate here and i feel bad
In post 36, medeia wrote: if i were somewhat competent and we nightkilled random nurse i could just

be Towm

and that would maybe be enough

but alas
In post 37, medeia wrote: or if i was just brave at the end of the day

okay no more 'if onlys though'

game is in front of you

save it for after
In post 38, medeia wrote: kinda wish this were a bastard game so i could be like ‘yeah idk what i'm doing’ and then invisibility could be like ‘yeah idk what you’re doing either’ and then i could post mitski’s i bet on losing dogs and invisibility could be like ‘this is nice’
In post 39, medeia wrote:

night 2

In post 40, medeia wrote: end of day push there was kinda wolfy but that's the only window i had for doing so since i wouldn't be able to be around from when i was until a few hours ago and it was such a beneficial elimination for us

kinda worried about hell day tomorrow +/
night 3

In post 41, medeia wrote: guess i don’t know why t3 diverted from ‘one scum in medeia/chicagotypewriter’ ‘going to echo chicagotypewriter’ here

everyone scumreading chicagotypewriter now so have to work around that tomorrow

i am pretty sure scum!chicagotypewriter would come into tomorrow with prepared stance/push and try to 1v1 for win while partner was outwardly against it but waiting in case a town was convinced

so i guess i hope town!chicagotypewriter also likely to take that kind of line here

should get working on who to nightkill /claim check on and such so we could potentially fast night just annoying to do on phone
In post 42, medeia wrote: sure have made a lot of catastrophic unforced errors here but just have to win one more day
In post 43, medeia wrote:
In post 44, medeia wrote: tomorrow probably going to end up a high volume day don't really understand why t3 thinks town will speed through this without a second thought that just seems so very unlikely to me

guess i don't understand why we're taking this approach to the day either but it's like,

just play the day medeia

just play the day

because it's not like i'm actually any good at all at strategic decisions and if t3 is more confident with this and gets some benefit out of it and such then that's enough

more than enough really because regardless of what we do here,

still have to play the day

probably going to have to be significantly townier tomorrow than i have been since day one

which like, idk, i feel like this is probably pretty stupid to say but that generally feels out of my control lol

like i feel like it just depends upon how i am thinking or feeling at any given time but i don't even know which thoughts/feelings actually constitute a towny headspace so most of the time i am just typing the things i am thinking about and hoping that they are inherently towny things

how my posting is received and such probably does correlate a bit with other things in my life in an observable way (regardless of my alignment) but it's not like i can just continue not to post during my availability windows if i do not think it will go well
In post 45, medeia wrote: mmm, i want to switch the nightkill back so badly

betting against skitter solving the game from this position just seems so wild to me

especially when it doesn't feel like there is any possible recourse if she does

like it would require me to do the one thing that i specifically explained to t3 seemed unachievable to me

and yeah

like she's very very good and i would much rather just cash out here it's just playing with fire to bet she'll continue misreading me forever
In post 46, medeia wrote: which isn't to say everyone else isn't good of course

this is my first experience with brassherald but he seems quite capable,

pooky knows how highly i think of him and

and i kinda assume chicagotypewriter is somewhat likely to have things mostly figured out anyway,

it's just that, i can show how and why those solves would either be incorrect or! scums trying to win the game,

whereas with skitter probably have to say ignore everything that doesn't make sense ignore game state not making sense ignoring feelings ignore intuition just believe in me
In post 47, medeia wrote: which maybe t3 believes in me more than i believe in me

in terms of my being able to successfully do so if necessary

or in terms of my being able to continue to not be eliminated

i just, i dunno, feels like asking a lot of me ya know

but maybe i am misreading the situation altogether

maybe it will be straightforward day like he thinks

or maybe i should rise to the challenge or whatever

because if i fail,

it isn't any less my fault because i whined about it beforehand

like it's not like i don't know what i need to do here regardless
In post 48, medeia wrote:
In post 41, medeia wrote:i am pretty sure scum!chicagotypewriter would come into tomorrow with prepared stance/push and try to 1v1 for win while partner was outwardly against it but waiting in case a town was convinced

so i guess i hope town!chicagotypewriter also likely to take that kind of line here

really hoping for this
In post 49, medeia wrote: (might still switch the nightkill back)
In post 50, medeia wrote:

day 4

In post 51, medeia wrote: better son/daughter

was almost certainly a scumpost

but it's such an incredible song that it felt too selfish to post it here or in mafia pt

whole album is incredible and! it has given me an idea for future mafia playing use
In post 52, medeia wrote:
In post 2, medeia wrote: i wish i knew how to calm down basically ever
In post 38, medeia wrote: yeah idk what i'm doing

yeah no idea re: the replacement just started posting

at least maybe there is like, cutting off angles for myself thing
you do not know my language anymore

no one will learn my tongue
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:24 am

Post by Invisibility »

sorry I kinda got bleh the last few weeks (idk how to put it better) which is also why I was sort of inattentive near the end of the game. I think I am more or less over my bleh-ness so the PTs will actually come out later today
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:14 am

Post by SirCakez »

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”