mini theme 2315 - love child (game over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:54 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 721, Gamma Emerald wrote: The problem is your questions don’t feel very thoughtful, you seem to ask a lot of “why” questions that sometimes have answers already in-thread. That’s the first thing that bothered me, and then seeing you try to flip furtive’s response against him told me all I felt I needed to know.

What do you mean by trying to flip Furtive, why shouldn’t I try to ask questions. This is ridiculous. Because I ask why it’s not genuine?

Why are you even considering that as a scum tell is beyond me. Your whole reason to vote me rests on that alone?
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 722, Gamma Emerald wrote: I got PEdited so hard I ended up causing a sonic boom with how hard I clapped back!

Sorry what? Honestly explain this PEdited?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 478, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 242, Meuh wrote: Gamma vaguely looks town? I can see Broccoli town, at the very least I don't think they're scummy enough for me to be interested in a wagon there

VOTE: Titus
Don't think she has any interest in solving the game tbh
I don't see anything towny from GE prior to this post.
In post 479, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 263, Andante wrote:
In post 242, Meuh wrote: Gamma vaguely looks town? I can see Broccoli town, at the very least I don't think they're scummy enough for me to be interested in a wagon there

In post 243, Ircher wrote: VOTE: Titus
lol glad im not the only one thinking this
I'm familiar with scum!Titus and she's usually tonally stiffer than this game.
In post 480, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 284, Aureal wrote: *honks in confusion because she doesn't feel a strong differentiation between Ircher's meta dependent on his alignment and his terse play style tends to be read as scummy in general*
Agree with this, Ircher has always seemed scummy to me regardless of alignment. Not really sure what the right approach is.
In post 482, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 315, Meuh wrote:
In post 313, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 312, Skygazer wrote: maybe it's a little extra to have two vote counts on one page, but i'm going for it
nah it's great

In post 311, Meuh wrote:I'm here :)
thoughts?
Still think Titus is scummy

I kind of think we need a flip at this point? Under the impression that night actions will be meaningful
This seems quite early in the day page-wise, +scum for me.
In post 497, furtiveglance wrote: Setup: I'll probably just go on reads as usual rather than get too caught up in trying to outguess the mod/fall into setup spec pitfalls that are probably expected.

Broccoli Quest 2 - town.
HighPrincessErinys - town, agreed with a lot of posts here.
Doctor Drew - town by meta and direction of travel (i.e. agrees with my takes)
Hu Tao - town. Liked both streams of posts so far
Theta Alpine - town. A level of depth to posting about reads that I didn't see from scum!Rautherdir in Conception (hope talking about alt metas is ok)

Ircher - unsure. Scum by posts (as ever?) but town by VCA?
Andante - unsure. Not a priority vote at the moment but I am wary of what I saw as a scattergun approach to votes/scumreads.
Gamma Emerald - unsure. Wallflower act is meta typical but harder to read, hopefully GE gets into a more direct discussion at some point soon.
Titus - unsure. Tonally different from scumgame but voting is a little strange.
Aureal - unsure. Tonally seems town and just like past towngames but not packing enough of a punch to be a TR just yet.

Meuh - scum based on posting and voting. I don't get the TRs here at all.
Afrayed Knott - scum. Vote priority urgent.
these were the furtive posts I liked btw
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:56 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

You may have noticed I have changed to using the word What, as apparently asking why is a scum tell
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:56 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

I think my vote is good. You sound very wish washer right now
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 725, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 721, Gamma Emerald wrote: The problem is your questions don’t feel very thoughtful, you seem to ask a lot of “why” questions that sometimes have answers already in-thread. That’s the first thing that bothered me, and then seeing you try to flip furtive’s response against him told me all I felt I needed to know.

What do you mean by trying to flip Furtive, why shouldn’t I try to ask questions. This is ridiculous. Because I ask why it’s not genuine?

Why are you even considering that as a scum tell is beyond me. Your whole reason to vote me rests on that alone?
You’re misreading, I am saying you took furtive’s answer to your question and tried to make him look bad with it. Why should I allow you to do that to me? I think it’s better to make you work for it if you want to miselim me.
You can ask questions; you just should ask better questions.
I don’t think I’m voting you, last I recall my vote was still on Ircher?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Afrayed
Yeah idr where my vote is but you need to die here
You are not engaging in good faith AT ALL.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I have attempted to be accommodating here and you are just spouting more and more whiny nonsense about how “you aren’t allow to do anything”
<Embrace The Void>

Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Again, you hang on to a weak reason to vote. And yes I am asking you why I can’t ask questions. You really need to re evaluate your whole approach if that is all your voting is based on, weak accusations that someone is not being genuine.

Again I ask you show me where what I ask is not genuine, or where I am not genuinely engaged in the game. So don’t just point a finger and get all flustered because you can’t actually give an answer to a reasonable question.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 730, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 725, Afrayed Knott wrote:

You’re misreading, I am saying you took furtive’s answer to your question and tried to make him look bad with it. Why should I allow you to do that to me? I think it’s better to make you work for it if you want to miselim me.
You can ask questions; you just should ask better questions.
I don’t think I’m voting you, last I recall my vote was still on Ircher?
I tried to look him look bad? No I disagreed with his read as he is wrong. So yes I am going to call him out
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

EBWOP

tired to make him look
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 576, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 520, furtiveglance wrote: 'm wondering whether Ircher was just told by someone while at E-1 "hey can you start hard pushing Titus?". Just a theory, but I'd like to maybe get some comment from Ircher on this - was your initial vote's logic the same as given by Meuh (not solving)? Was there more at the time?
how hard a theory, or just a fancy?
In post 580, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 559, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 351, Andante wrote: especially with the beetlejuice
what is that?... serious question
It's reacting to your own name being mentioned, especially soon afterwards. Comes from a character who appears when you say his name I think.
In post 520, furtiveglance wrote: 'm wondering whether Ircher was just told by someone while at E-1 "hey can you start hard pushing Titus?". Just a theory, but I'd like to maybe get some comment from Ircher on this - was your initial vote's logic the same as given by Meuh (not solving)? Was there more at the time?
It's something I've been told as dying scum by teammates before - "hey can you start pushing/townreading x/y?". It would also explain the sudden massive push on Titus with only a single unexplained vote as precedent. Right now I think I'd prefer to eliminate not Ircher just because I have stronger scumreads (e.g. you).
In post 582, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 580, furtiveglance wrote: It's something I've been told as dying scum by teammates before - "hey can you start pushing/townreading x/y?". It would also explain the sudden massive push on Titus with only a single unexplained vote as precedent. Right now I think I'd prefer to eliminate not Ircher just because I have stronger scumreads (e.g. you).
nice, did your pals tell you that just now?
This whole interaction
You ask an innocuous-looking question, furrtive answers honestly, you go in and try to suggest furrtive got the response from his alleged scumbuddies

Do you not see how duplicitous you look here?
<Embrace The Void>

Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 727, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 478, furtiveglance wrote:

I don't see anything towny from GE prior to this post.
In post 479, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 263, Andante wrote:

In post 243, Ircher wrote: VOTE: Titus
lol glad im not the only one thinking this
I'm familiar with scum!Titus and she's usually tonally stiffer than this game.
In post 480, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 284, Aureal wrote: *honks in confusion because she doesn't feel a strong differentiation between Ircher's meta dependent on his alignment and his terse play style tends to be read as scummy in general*
Agree with this, Ircher has always seemed scummy to me regardless of alignment. Not really sure what the right approach is.
In post 482, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 315, Meuh wrote:
In post 313, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 312, Skygazer wrote: maybe it's a little extra to have two vote counts on one page, but i'm going for it
nah it's great

In post 311, Meuh wrote:I'm here :)
thoughts?
Still think Titus is scummy

I kind of think we need a flip at this point? Under the impression that night actions will be meaningful
This seems quite early in the day page-wise, +scum for me.
In post 497, furtiveglance wrote: Setup: I'll probably just go on reads as usual rather than get too caught up in trying to outguess the mod/fall into setup spec pitfalls that are probably expected.

Broccoli Quest 2 - town.
HighPrincessErinys - town, agreed with a lot of posts here.
Doctor Drew - town by meta and direction of travel (i.e. agrees with my takes)
Hu Tao - town. Liked both streams of posts so far
Theta Alpine - town. A level of depth to posting about reads that I didn't see from scum!Rautherdir in Conception (hope talking about alt metas is ok)

Ircher - unsure. Scum by posts (as ever?) but town by VCA?
Andante - unsure. Not a priority vote at the moment but I am wary of what I saw as a scattergun approach to votes/scumreads.
Gamma Emerald - unsure. Wallflower act is meta typical but harder to read, hopefully GE gets into a more direct discussion at some point soon.
Titus - unsure. Tonally different from scumgame but voting is a little strange.
Aureal - unsure. Tonally seems town and just like past towngames but not packing enough of a punch to be a TR just yet.

Meuh - scum based on posting and voting. I don't get the TRs here at all.
Afrayed Knott - scum. Vote priority urgent.
these were the furtive posts I liked btw
Why did you like them? Is this based on play experience or just because he can put together a good argument. Which you do know is not alignment indicative
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 736, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 580, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 559, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 351, Andante wrote: especially with the beetlejuice
what is that?... serious question
It's reacting to your own name being mentioned, especially soon afterwards. Comes from a character who appears when you say his name I think.
It's something I've been told as dying scum by teammates before - "hey can you start pushing/townreading x/y?". It would also explain the sudden massive push on Titus with only a single unexplained vote as precedent. Right now I think I'd prefer to eliminate not Ircher just because I have stronger scumreads (e.g. you).
In post 580, furtiveglance wrote: It's something I've been told as dying scum by teammates before - "hey can you start pushing/townreading x/y?". It would also explain the sudden massive push on Titus with only a single unexplained vote as precedent. Right now I think I'd prefer to eliminate not Ircher just because I have stronger scumreads (e.g. you).
This whole interaction
You ask an innocuous-looking question, furrtive answers honestly, you go in and try to suggest furrtive got the response from his alleged scumbuddies

Do you not see how duplicitous you look here?

Nope, do you know how weak your argument against me looks?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:11 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

You do of course realise that was sarcasm sheesh.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:11 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Anyway I am done talking with you. Come back when your argument is stronger
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 733, Afrayed Knott wrote: Again, you hang on to a weak reason to vote. And yes I am asking you why I can’t ask questions. You really need to re evaluate your whole approach if that is all your voting is based on, weak accusations that someone is not being genuine.

Again I ask you show me where what I ask is not genuine, or where I am not genuinely engaged in the game. So don’t just point a finger and get all flustered because you can’t actually give an answer to a reasonable question.
:roll:
I checked my ISO, until my very recent vote on you, my vote had still been on Ircher. So you are not doing yourself any favors by acting like I gave been voting you this entire time.
What do you want? Do you want me to merely point out every single question I have a problem with, or do you want me to try to help you learn how to ask better questions? It really bothers me that your response to me critiquing your habit of asking very basic “why” or “why not” questions is to merely changed your wording. That doesn’t solve anything. Those questions are busywork, both in the sense they look like promising questions but imo rarely lead anywhere useful, and in that the sheer volume of them can bog down a player that bothers to respond to all of them.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 737, Afrayed Knott wrote: Why did you like them? Is this based on play experience or just because he can put together a good argument. Which you do know is not alignment indicative
Yeag it’s somewhat based on past exp, the other part is I think it just feels natural
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 739, Afrayed Knott wrote: You do of course realise that was sarcasm sheesh.
I don’t see how that’s a normal response even if you were being sarcastic
You went from asking a serious question to snarking? Mmmm
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I challenge anyone to tell me Afrayed’s responses to me suggest actual interest in effective sorting. He’s pissed I’ve caught him and trying to subvert me.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 583, furtiveglance wrote:
Yeah they said "hey furt your slot is doomed sorry. Can you start pushing Afrayed? I think there's thread appetite there. Also, pushing Meuh would be great. Risk of her becoming TRed so it would be good to prevent that. As for your own slot, scumreading your predecessor always goes down well."

:cool:
In post 584, Afrayed Knott wrote: great. I don't have a predecessor? or am I misunderstanding you?

or is this a weak try at sarcasm?
First of all
fucking lole

being serious now, I think I saw more on this in another post but I don’t like how Afrayed reacts to the predecessor thing. Most of his replies are constituted by him taking something said completely incorrectly, in actuality.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 718, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 584, Afrayed Knott wrote: great. I don't have a predecessor? or am I misunderstanding you?

I understand this now, maybe use quote marks next time to show you are quoting your buddies
Hmmmm
In post 583, furtiveglance wrote:
Yeah they said "hey furt your slot is doomed sorry. Can you start pushing Afrayed? I think there's thread appetite there. Also, pushing Meuh would be great. Risk of her becoming TRed so it would be good to prevent that. As for your own slot, scumreading your predecessor always goes down well."

:cool:
I wonder what these things are? :right: " "
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 718, Afrayed Knott wrote: maybe use quote marks next time to show you are quoting your buddies
This is also extremely disingenuous, and don’t bullshirt me about no sarcasm, there’s nothing to indicate such in this post.
<Embrace The Void>

Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by Broccoli Quest 2 »

@Ircher can I get your thoughts on Alianna/Furtive, both their day play and the votes on them?

Same for Titus actually.
Even my signature is green :)
Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by Broccoli Quest 2 »

I'm unlikely to read all the new posts until tomorrow but I'll probably check in later to see if Ircher or Titus answered
Even my signature is green :)

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”