Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:30 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2872, gob wrote: Prism and JJH might both be mafia, actually.
#1 was way back in 2012 and probably will never be topped, but this is the second worst read I have ever seen in a mafia game.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:30 am

Post by jjh927 »

I mean, when you don't apply your logic consistently and pick random shit out of thin air, you can come to any conclusion you like

This would mean that all 3 mafia were on that day 1 STD wagon you think somehow makes STD town
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't think StD reaction to being pushed is scum!StD. Last scum game I played with him when he was pushed he just shut down, here he isn't. By shut down i just meant he went to lurking giving extremely little responses here he seems intent on arguing. I don't think he looks good with his not push on camel but his play outside that seems like his town play to me.

Disagree with this push jjh
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:31 am

Post by gob »

In post 2873, jjh927 wrote:
In post 2869, gob wrote:
In post 2864, Andresvmb wrote: VOTE: SaveTheDragons
Do you really think mafia would get put to E-1 right away? Also Save the Dragons did not even vote Titus yesterday.
Do you still think it is impossible for mafia to be the target of an RVS wagon?
No, and given that 5 people were not voting and a few were AFK, it's not impossible. But I think it's unlikely and I think StD is (no offense) Low hanging fruit and often a mispush. I find you, Prism and Andres pushing StD to be very weird. Especially when StD wasn't even on the Titus wagon.

Seems to me that the mafia has taken control of the town's narrative.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Prism »

The two people who pushed the flipped scum the hardest and the only two people who actually went back over the game across 6 pages. That is the scumteam.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:31 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2877, Firebringer wrote: I don't think StD reaction to being pushed is scum!StD. Last scum game I played with him when he was pushed he just shut down, here he isn't. By shut down i just meant he went to lurking giving extremely little responses here he seems intent on arguing. I don't think he looks good with his not push on camel but his play outside that seems like his town play to me.

Disagree with this push jjh
I can find you a scumgame where he doesn't do that
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:32 am

Post by gob »

In post 2876, jjh927 wrote:
I mean, when you don't apply your logic consistently and pick random shit out of thin air, you can come to any conclusion you like

This would mean that all 3 mafia were on that day 1 STD wagon you think somehow makes STD town
Okay, please explain to me how my logic was wrong. You can't just keep saying "oh its random blah blah blah" when I've explained it multiple times. You either don't understand it or you're being purposefully ignorant.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2878, gob wrote: Seems to me that the mafia has taken control of the town's narrative.
It's time for the people to seize back control. The coastal elites think being loud is enough to erode this country's moral values. It's time for the silent majority to fight back. Tune in tonight on Tucker Carlson as he takes on jjh and Prism.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

if both imaginality and camel were scum, did they think camel leaving would make people think imaginality was more likely town for being counter to Titus?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

I mean, I literally just gave you a point that I think works more on your level, in that this puts all of the scumteam on the same wagon immediately at the start of the day
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2882, Prism wrote: It's time for the people to seize back control. The coastal elites think being loud is enough to erode this country's moral values. It's time for the silent majority to fight back. Tune in tonight on Tucker Carlson as he takes on jjh and Prism.
Prefer alex jones telling me about how jjh and prism are turning the frogs gay
Show

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:36 am

Post by jjh927 »

But yeah the most logical way to find some town players here is to look at who pushed Camel

But you're not doing that because your methodology seems to be more inclined to pick out large groups of players and say they contain scum rather than identifying town and working with POE in a sensible way
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2877, Firebringer wrote: I don't think StD reaction to being pushed is scum!StD. Last scum game I played with him when he was pushed he just shut down, here he isn't. By shut down i just meant he went to lurking giving extremely little responses here he seems intent on arguing. I don't think he looks good with his not push on camel but his play outside that seems like his town play to me.
From the ones I looked at I suspect whether or not he shuts down and how he reacts has a lot more to do with his overarching mood than his alignment, but meh.

I'm curious as to what you think of camel's side of interactions. I think it is very likely there is one scum in gob/Andres, and right now I'm thinking it is Andres.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2880, jjh927 wrote: I can find you a scumgame where he doesn't do that
you can link me but if im being honest i think ive played with StD many more times than u
Show

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:39 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah I've not played with STD but at this point I feel like I've played about 30 games with him

I've probably read more STD games than you
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

who reads in mafia
Show

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:41 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2887, Prism wrote:
From the ones I looked at I suspect whether or not he shuts down and how he reacts has a lot more to do with his overarching mood than his alignment, but meh.

I'm curious as to what you think of camel's side of interactions. I think it is very likely there is one scum in gob/Andres, and right now I'm thinking it is Andres.
Look, I’m not suggesting I’m the paragon of Town play here, but if I’m Scum, I’ve practically left the game to chance. Do you think I would have played that way given the mechanics?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:41 am

Post by Prism »

@gob you wanted to be walked through why your pools are getting critiqued, here you go
In post 2863, Prism wrote: Your pools are:

[T3, Prism, imaginality] = 1 mafia
[Andresvmb, jjh927, Ydrasse] = 1 mafia

As a first pass Ydrasse and Firebringer voted the same. I don't know why Fire is excluded. A team of camel, Dragons, and Ydrasse fulfills your criteria, but Dragons isn't in your pools. A team of camel, Shirou, and Andres fulfills your criteria, but Shirou is not in the pools.

This is just wondering why players are excluded on wagonomics, not even getting into why the pools are split into the two configurations.
jjh and I spent the last like 6 pages talking about Dragons if you want something besides "your pools make no sense"
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In any event, I’m looking to give my vote to a solid player that aligns with another solid player that’s also confirmed Town. If I can’t contribute with my voice since I’ve not been here consistently, what else do you suggest I do? And if you say read, we’re past that. Not everyone can play at 100% all the time and this is my way of short circuiting some of the work I know I would have to do otherwise.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2887, Prism wrote: I'm curious as to what you think of camel's side of interactions. I think it is very likely there is one scum in gob/Andres, and right now I'm thinking it is Andres.
I just went back into camel iso and the way he treated andres is a bit strange, when he thought andres getting replaced he just put a vote there and let it hang and then when came back unvoted and then put in highest townreads. It could have been a soft buss early when others were not having andres townie or something. There is no reason given for the reads (like most reads snivy gives).

Ill look into andres half and gob later.
I owe gob a relook because ive just been assuming he and i will not see eye to eye this game and that means he is town. Kind of like how defcon played out
Show

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:44 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2891, Andresvmb wrote: Look, I’m not suggesting I’m the paragon of Town play here, but if I’m Scum, I’ve practically left the game to chance. Do you think I would have played that way given the mechanics?
It's unclear to me what you are suggesting here. You have claimed your work schedule has been too draining and chaotic and is the reason for your inactivity. Are you lying about this, trying to skirt the rule and imply that you would have replaced out as scum, voted a different way?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2893, Andresvmb wrote: In any event, I’m looking to give my vote to a solid player that aligns with another solid player that’s also confirmed Town. If I can’t contribute with my voice since I’ve not been here consistently, what else do you suggest I do? And if you say read, we’re past that. Not everyone can play at 100% all the time and this is my way of short circuiting some of the work I know I would have to do otherwise.
I mean that's fine if you're town. I'm not saying that passing off your vote is a scumtell. I definitely don't think it's a towntell because the setup is just pure survivalism. I think the way that camel was defending you and gob in tandem, awkwardly and repeatedly, suggests one of the two of you is scum.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2875, Prism wrote:
#1 was way back in 2012 and probably will never be topped, but this is the second worst read I have ever seen in a mafia game.
I thought about this and I was wrong, it is #3. #2 was MathBlade tunneling me Day 1 of Warehouse-13.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:50 am

Post by jjh927 »

Here's STD's iso in pokemon battles
For an easy ride, go to the bottom and scroll up. Think this fairly clearly shows STD trying to defend himself in a similar way
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

i was in that game and said StD was looking weird
Show

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”