Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 849, Mandate wrote: I'm not being condescending, you're just asking for something that doesn't really make sense. If you don't see it then you don't see it and I can outline exactly what I think is going on out of the thread in Danns head as the game progresses spending a large chunk of time on it and then you're just going to have to take my word for it, just like you already have to take my word for it. What's gonna change? I don't think I can help you understand my read on Dannflor and I think you are better off asking Implosion or someone else why they like him.
I'm asking you for your thought process on your dannflor strong townread. Your response was that he had a trajectory that is unlikely to be faked. I asked you what trajectory that was. You said it was the way he thought about your slot. I asked you to show me which posts of his gave you that impression and how you came up with this. Your response was that its over my head and that I can't see it.

Whether I can see it is not the point. the point is that you claim to have seen it, hence I'm asking you to explain what you saw.
You are always gonna be my love
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by beeboy »

Aristeia: "why do you town read dann"
Mandate: "it is what is if you can't see it there isn't anything I can do"
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by Merlyn »

yeah, all right VOTE: Mandate
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Mandate »

Exciting!
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Mandate »

In post 850, Aristeia wrote:
In post 849, Mandate wrote: I'm not being condescending, you're just asking for something that doesn't really make sense. If you don't see it then you don't see it and I can outline exactly what I think is going on out of the thread in Danns head as the game progresses spending a large chunk of time on it and then you're just going to have to take my word for it, just like you already have to take my word for it. What's gonna change? I don't think I can help you understand my read on Dannflor and I think you are better off asking Implosion or someone else why they like him.
I'm asking you for your thought process on your dannflor strong townread. Your response was that he had a trajectory that is unlikely to be faked. I asked you what trajectory that was. You said it was the way he thought about your slot. I asked you to show me which posts of his gave you that impression and how you came up with this. Your response was that its over my head and that I can't see it.

Whether I can see it is not the point. the point is that you claim to have seen it, hence I'm asking you to explain what you saw.
Okay sure

I'm going to be very careful about how I phrase this so don't expect it to be fast
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Mandate »

Merlyn this is your chance to be a big player:
Explain why your read on me has changed to the extent that you are now voting me.

Am gonna get to my Dannflor towncase but I want to follow up on this promptly
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 855, Mandate wrote: Merlyn this is your chance to be a big player:
Explain why your read on me has changed to the extent that you are now voting me.

Am gonna get to my Dannflor towncase but I want to follow up on this promptly
where did my read change?
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Mandate »

So you've been scumreading me this whole game and the fact that I think my read on Dannflor is something complicated and hard to explain is what prompts you to act on that?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 857, Mandate wrote: So you've been scumreading me this whole game and the fact that I think my read on Dannflor is something complicated and hard to explain is what prompts you to act on that?
I've said all the thoughts that I've had about you as I've had them
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Mandate »

If I'm being honest I think that there is a very high probability that you're scum who is just cracking under the pressure of me claiming a correct townblock of seven but I want to give you every opportunity to not be mislimmed if you're town here so I'm gonna keep the kid gloves on for a bit

What do you think is inherently wolfy/scummy about not wanting to explain a read? Do you think that, as scum, someone who plays as confidently as me is incapable of giving a reason to townread someone?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 859, Mandate wrote: I'm gonna keep the kid gloves on for a bit
this is incredibly condescending can you try to be respectful to the other players in the game
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I'm not voting you because you have a 'hard to explain read'. I'm voting you because when Ari pushed you about your read you got defensive really quickly and said that you could psychically read the thoughts of the person you had a townread on. And I wondered how'd you respond to a little bit more pressure
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 859, Mandate wrote: If I'm being honest I think that there is a very high probability that you're scum who is just cracking under the pressure of me claiming a correct townblock of seven
if your townblock is correct and dannflor is the leading wagon and in your townblock why would scum!Merlyn feel any pressure to come after you and be vote#1 on you when she can be vote #5 on Dannflor?

in fact why would she feel any pressure about your reads at all when you can't elucidate them and your townblock dont even townread each other.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like it feels like you're just throwing up garbage against the wall at this point and making up narrative that doesn't even make sense
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by Mandate »

I don't think a single player in this game believes that Dannflor is getting limmed D1.
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by Mandate »

I don't know how to engage with you or in the thread around you when you openly treat me with contempt and dislike, Aristeia.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I think I've been quite patient and charitable with you actually and given you plenty of room to operate however you please. I asked you for one town-read because he's the leading wagon and you have him at strong town; I genuinely hoped you could make a good case for Dannflor town because I wasn't seeing it.

I didn't like the way you treated me and others with outright condescension in
In post 844, Mandate wrote: I mean that's exactly the point I made which went over your heads.
In post 859, Mandate wrote: I'm gonna keep the kid gloves on for a bit
I asked for you to stop patronizing us and just talk to us as equals. Perhaps you think you're above us but since we're in this game together there's no reason not to be respectful of one another regardless of what our alignments may be.

I am going to try my best to keep my personal feelings out of the way I read your slot but I'm only human.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 864, Mandate wrote: I don't think a single player in this game believes that Dannflor is getting limmed D1.
I have seen dannflor!mafia get yeeted day one so I don't really understand why you think its impossible for dannflor to get yeeted today.

I also don't understand why it even matters whether he will or won't be yeeted for explaining a read on him.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I recognize that I can be somewhat difficult and insufferable for you to deal with so I'm going to take a break for the night and I hope you write out that Dannflor read even if you think its completely pointless. I would appreciate it greatly thx :)
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.2

Image() -
he/him

Dannflor
(4) - Dunnstral, Toriel, Taly, Sakura Hana
he/him

Aristeia
(3) - Mandate, Brown Eyes, Dannflor
She

Lazy Shirou
(0) -
He/him

Brown Eyes
(0) -

Meuh
(2) - Lazy Shirou, beeboy
She/her

Sakura Hana
(0) -
She/her

Merlyn
(0) -
she/her

Keyleth
(1) - Aristeia
She/her

Mandate
(1) - Merlyn

Alisae
(0) -

Taly
(0)
He/She

implosion
(0) -
he/him

beeboy
(1) - Meuh

Not Voting - Keyleth, Alisae, implosion (3)

(expired on 2023-11-17 12:17:50)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:13 pm

Post by Keyleth »

In post 842, Aristeia wrote:
In post 838, Keyleth wrote: I've gone through this constant paranoia cycle in my head. Because if we're on the right track why aren't the wolves trying to stop it?
Then I remember it's only been two irl days and I'll have to go through this cycle for a long longer.
Then I wonder why I play mafia.
Then I come back and remember all over again.

I'm having a blast btw.
who is your preferred elimination currently ?

I am glad you are having fun :)
As for my preferred elimination, I don't really have one? I know what you're asking and have people I would fight less to go over than others but there's no one I'm super confident on that I want to go over. It's really hard for me to reach that point.

I hope you are as well! Make sure to drink some water. :giggle:
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by Keyleth »

I don't really see the Mandate world that people are bring up would love some more detail if that is ever at all possible.

I know Merlyn has shown her interest in it as long as Aristeia (is Ari okay or is the full username preferred?)

Does anyone else feel that?
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Mandate »

Keyleth I have a question

You were one of the original people who pushed me/you/taly/dannflor as all town so I'm curious on your thoughts on the people pushing the idea that the townblock is scum heavy
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by Keyleth »

In post 872, Mandate wrote: Keyleth I have a question

You were one of the original people who pushed me/you/taly/dannflor as all town so I'm curious on your thoughts on the people pushing the idea that the townblock is scum heavy
Well my kneejerk reaction to that is it's scummy because if we do have a correct townblock then obviously the wolves have to stop us, right? But I don't want to be stuck in this world where I just think anyone who has a difference in opinion to me is wolfy that's horrible plus I don't have the confidence in my own reads for that.

I've seen people call Dann wolfy for not being here and I don't really agree with that? It feels like something you can't defend against and without any logic of past games to back it up is just a statement without merit? Yes, he came out aggressive on me, but then he changed his mind. There can be a path where the progression is fake and he did it cause I'm not getting many votes but that seems unlikely given when I read it back?

Taly just still feels good to me if she can fake that? Kudos? With the way I'm reading the game I'm stacking up points for people to be town but I want to hear why people feel a certain way. I know were not all gonna agree so I'll probably end up voting with someone.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by Keyleth »

(Btw I am very used to using they/them pronouns as to not offend anyone so if I ever use it in reference to you and it makes you uncomfortable please give me a bonk as I mean no harm and am trying to break the habit thank you)

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”