Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:58 pm

Post by Taly »

ISOs need to be in [Meuh/Alisae/Beeboy/Dannflor/Brown Eyes]
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:04 am

Post by Meuh »

My main thought in 34/35 waa Beeboy scum and then suddenly an avalanche of votes on 36
I’ve already been voting Beeboy since RVS but I’ll vote again to be all dramatic about it
VOTE: Beeboy
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:08 am

Post by Meuh »

Beeboy voting for me is really confusing?
Cause seemingly he wants to shake things up to get people to acquire scumreads and also thinks there’s scum in active players… but like how does a vote on me accomplish either?
I’m not particularly active here, I have more posts than him but not even by a super significant amount and my posts haven’t been super content heavy, so idk how it fits into the idea of scum in the actives (unless “the actives” is the vast majority of players)
and I’m already being thrown out as a theoretical vote or an actual vote? Beeboy talks about the looming threat of a wagon on him or Alisae even though Shirou and I have had a much more real threat of one for a while? His vote doesn’t actually shake things up
It feels disjointed
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:20 am

Post by Taly »

Spoiler: ISO on ali/bee/brown eyes/dann/meuh
In post 11, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: taly
In post 19, Brown Eyes wrote: VOTE: Taly

I claim miller.
I'm popular with this group ;)
In post 24, Meuh wrote: VOTE:
Beeboy
In post 27, Brown Eyes wrote:
In post 17, Dunnstral wrote: Isis described this as an open setup in sign-ups. I do believe we are all vanilla except the double vote, and then we have the option to spare or fight.

It seems like if we choose to fight, this setup is pretty close to mountainous.
It'd be mountainous with three nights skipped—which isn't insignificant—but it does seem as though mercy is the easier option overall (obviously depending on you and your alignment).
I do like the focus closer to mercy, tbh.
In post 28, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: meuh
I really want
Dann
to explain this vote in retrospect, because it would genuinely help me sort them.
In post 33, Dannflor wrote:
In post 29, Taly wrote: ;) I'm getting popular

I think
Dunn
is above rand town
why

i thought the "taking everything at extreme face value" thing was slightly more likely to come from someone with the serious moral defect of rolling scum

but also i do not know how useful discussing dunnstral's alignment is since he's getting flipped no matter what
In post 35, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: taly
ngl i didnt like these posts, the level of suspicion did not match my statement
In post 44, Brown Eyes wrote:
In post 33, Dannflor wrote: but also i do not know how useful discussing dunnstral's alignment is since he's getting flipped no matter what
He's the most important to discuss,
because
he's getting flipped no matter what.
I like the counter idea here
In post 70, Dannflor wrote: also i don't super get your intense focus on sorting / interacting with dunnstral off the bat over everyone else
this characterization was also inaccurate as i explained after this
In post 72, Dannflor wrote: i thought it odd meuh didn't join in on the memeing but not the scummiest slot in the game
another thing that makes me head tilt to
dann
because i dont know the context for their
meuh
read but they are already supposing a hierarchy of scumreads. is this a playstyle issue i have?
In post 96, Dannflor wrote:
In post 76, Taly wrote: I'm more curious about why you think Keyleth is likely scum here, and I find that you're making scumreads quite quickly which is of note.
her tone feels a little performative in terms of expressing excitement but nervousness over and over again but i just realized while writing this that that might be an attempt to roleplay as the character keyleth

the main thing is the focus on posting and asking questions about things related to the setup or things that aren't related to anyone's alignment at all

clarifying a joke in

asking why you bold usernames in

setup talk in and

feels like a question for a sake of question and not an attempt to sort me especially given there was no follow up thoughts about my alignment after i answered

i would just expect a town entrance to include something about someone's alignment before

keyleth is posting a lot but that hasn't really translated into approaching the game in a towny way
pretty detailed scumread for something so early
In post 108, Dannflor wrote: brown eyes just having some enthusiasm to start playing the game is +town
can that not be said for other people at this time?
In post 149, Brown Eyes wrote: I think that mandate is likely not scum with anyone who has misunderstood the setup (Dunn, Dann, Key, Merlyn). This is also slightly likely for implosion, Alisae, and potentially Shirou.
this is the most interesting to me about
Brown Eyes
because they have an assumption that i think is likely correct that leads to something of an alignment indicative behavior, and then applies it to multiple people. i kind of want to pick their brain when they catch up
In post 239, Dannflor wrote: guys i have a great idea what if we build a town block
In post 241, Meuh wrote: What if we build a scum block
um
In post 257, Dannflor wrote: how many pages is enough to start looking for scum
+1 actually
In post 288, Meuh wrote:
In post 281, Keyleth wrote:
In post 274, Dannflor wrote:
In post 271, Keyleth wrote: This doesn't help Sakura as a wolf though, does it?
what doesn't
If you're a wolf you want to be townread so you go over or push some wrong villagers but Sakura is just, doing neither? Unless that's the point to get townread but that's wifom ya know?
This feels kind of reductive? Wolves post to have thread presence, to be engaged in the game, to have fun... pushing agenda is nice but not every single wolf post is anchored on that and not every wolf post has deep and complex connotations. Wolves absolutely just post random thoughts to look more engaged, which tend to make you look more townie (or at the very least less appealing to lim), and nothing in Sakura's posting indicates that she isn't
trying
to be townread. Wraps around to the classic "if I'm a wolf, how come I'm not being townread?" argument, as if getting townread is this guaranteed thing to gain with certain posts rather than something that wolves fail at a bunch.
In post 315, Meuh wrote:
In post 307, Keyleth wrote: I wouldn't randomly throw out a townread and defend a player just for the fun of it?
Scum do that, though. Not "for the fun of it", but scum make reads and engage with the game in ways that aren't solely focused on pushing townies over or doing super surface level townie things. Scum want to act like they do as town, to look helpful, to look as though they're thinking about the game, to maintain presence, to cozy up to people, to not get seen as an inactive...
Sakura making a handful of posts that aren't focused on throwing someone under the bus doesn't mean she's town? It feels like a reach
sakura
might be the only read from
meuh
i register until i nudged her about it.
In post 382, Dannflor wrote: maybe im scum reading keyleth's personality
level of reevaluation may be town? or scum realizing its not viable push.... i need more real-time interaction with
dann

In post 397, Brown Eyes wrote: VOTE: Aristeia

In post 183, Taly wrote: to find associatives in the first 5 pages immediately is asinine in most cases, and i dont understand where you're getting your assertions
mandate
, its almost entirely a grief with my playstyle.
Does this also refer to me? I gave a fairly strong anti-association read.

In post 187, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 183, Taly wrote: to find associatives in the first 5 pages immediately is asinine in most cases, and i dont understand where you're getting your assertions
mandate
its almost entirely a grief with my playstyle.
-gif snipped-
What does this mean?
Ehhh, not referring to you here
Brown Eyes

In post 408, Brown Eyes wrote:
In post 407, Mandate wrote: Am curious about your vote brown eyes.

Care to elaborate?
Fairly bad entrance, I think. She indicated in that she had read the thread, yet her first posts were fairly unsubstantial in a way that feels like she was trying to look productive. I also think that given the opinion she gives in that she expects townies who are pushed in an overbearing way to find it annoying and push back, her questions to Taly seem somewhat strange and informed:
In post 191, Aristeia wrote: its strange that you are saying mandate is "griefing" you because doesnt that assume mandate is town?
In post 194, Aristeia wrote: like if mandate is mafia and you're town then this wouldn't be a grief it would just be hyper aggression lining up lims and seizing thread control - your lack of any suspicion of this push is kind of ?? to me.
If I were in this situation, I would just
ask
Taly what her read on you is. It's hard to phrase this, but it feels more like she's just pointing something out rather than actually trying to interrogate anything.
I think there's a depth of thought here about how
Brown Eyes
sees the
Ari-Mandate-Taly
interaction that is hard to fake nuance.
BE
puts herself in the scenario rather than just being a cold commentator of it.
In post 416, Alisae wrote:
In post 415, Aristeia wrote:
In post 410, Alisae wrote: Ari u tell me if Beeboy is town when he posts we will invite him into our kingdom
i think he's town
me too
incredible!
Only thing of substance from
Alisae

In post 422, beeboy wrote: Everything I want to post is just being posted by other people as I catch up. I’m giving up doing quote posts since this post will be ultimately small as I want to avoid restating too much >.>

I agree with Dunn being above average scum, as he continues to post he is redeeming himself from the start though not sure if I’ll still think he is scummy by game start.

Dan feels a bit too aggressive out of the gates and it’s either scummy or a lot of excitement not sure which one yet, probably just scummy.

Mandate is town because Taly was giving me pings around the time they voted them. I do think Taly is town atm as well though. Post #83 is actually like too wolfy to come from a wolf I feel like anyone with self awareness would avoid posting that.

Meuh had a strange opener, like the real one not the rvs vote, I’ll hold my breathe for now because I can sorta see myself over explaining like that as either alignment. But over explaining simple NAI things is more of a scum trait even if it’s not concrete. As I kept reading though I find it hard to care.

I have some people I find null because I’m confused and other people are more deliberately null because I feel they aren’t doing things. I eventually hit a Point in the thread where things got tricky to read cause I don’t ever get a good feel for a thread catching up so I just started to aggressively skim the posts.

Dunns alignment is one of the most important ones to discuss because he will flip and interactions with him feel important because of that.

My take on mechs:

I don’t want to go mercy because I don’t want to be stuck in a game without townie people. Especially when a lot of what goes into town reading people involves taking fun people out of the game. If something occurs with flips to make going mercy optimal I’ll re evaluate this strategy take.
Why not like the RVS vote on me, about
BE
?

Why is
Dann
probably just scummy and what do you make of their wagon and lack of reaction to it?

YOu emphasize
Dunn
is an important person to discern but do not add more detail to that.
In post 424, Brown Eyes wrote:
In post 411, Mandate wrote: Not to defend the person that I am currently voting but do you think that her alt guess on me might be relevant to this? Not really sure how else to phrase this.
I don't see why it would be? Not entirely sure what you're getting at, to be honest.

In post 414, Aristeia wrote: by your logic brown eyes you are mafia because you are just pointing out something rather than interrogating me
My "logic" obviously isn't to say that that in every case pointing something out rather than asking questions is scum indicative. Is that what you took away from what I just said?

What I'm saying specifically is that I found the way in which you chose to talk about the Taly/mandate interaction bizarre, and seemingly indicative of you being unconcerned with sorting. I guess while we're on the subject, maybe I should just ask – what exactly is your read on Taly? What was it when you made and ?
In post 428, Brown Eyes wrote:
In post 427, Aristeia wrote: I currently lean towards mafia on Taly's alignment currently.

I think it's pretty obvious I thought Taly was scummy when I made post 191 & 194.
I actually find that fairly surprising!
I wanted to see where
BE
was going with this tbh.. I'm intrigued by that slot.
In post 476, Dannflor wrote:
In post 472, Taly wrote: curious as to why you think so
i get much better reads when i approach the thread like a spectator or someone who is not attached to his relationships with other people in the game

I have not been getting much that i feel great about from the thread lately so im trying to take a step back and also give room for the people who haven't really started playing the game yet
still trying to discern this via vote
In post 482, Meuh wrote:
In post 467, Taly wrote:
In post 453, Meuh wrote:
In post 444, Lazy Shirou wrote: Then, did you misunderstand what my point was or do you still think it's an "unsubstantial" read?
Misunderstood your point, I think engaging in theoretical discussion that doesn't amount to much and revolves around general ideas on the game rather than things specific to what's currently going on is scummy, both for myself and for others, so it's fair
only thing ive read from
meuh
and its a +1
Read my posts they’re all great! :heart_eyes_cat:
this is where i wonder if
meuh's
confidence is scum projecting
In post 715, Meuh wrote:
In post 655, Taly wrote: I should really be resting soon but the premise of my thinking right now is that scum does not have substance but appears to have something that makes logical sense.
I like this post along with the scumread on me, kind of feels like Taly has a vague idea of the place or the way in which scum are playing and is trying to fit someone into it as a puzzle piece, which is how I tend to approach things a lot of the time. (I talk a lot about things "clicking", for me my reasoning for a scumread is often more just that it fits into place rather than some intense feeling on that specific player)
i tend to be townread by scum when i push them, so i am wondering what to make of this
In post 840, beeboy wrote:
In post 837, Merlyn wrote:
In post 835, beeboy wrote: I guess if I feel people not voting is part of the reason everyone is town reading each other I should vote someone.

Meuh
gotta use the vote tags for it to count
z.z I forgot we had vote tags here I am so rusty.

VOTE: Meuh
yeah this doesn't follow from your first bigger post much, does it?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:21 am

Post by Taly »

and now of note,
meuh
pushes
beeboy
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:22 am

Post by Taly »

i like
BE
i think and want to work with them tbh

i have a better understanding of the
beeboy
votes

still have reservations about
meuh
and
dann

and
ali
is there ig
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:23 am

Post by Taly »

meuh
would you say your posts intend to pacify me?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:21 am

Post by Taly »

something for the anime girlies and scummers

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:08 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 907, Taly wrote: something for the anime girlies and scummers

Very nice
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:11 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 882, beeboy wrote:
In post 881, Dunnstral wrote: Hm, they say "stale discussion" in post , and I think they were parroting what you were saying earlier, but I never thought the discussion was stale.

Sure I don't like their last ~4 posts or vote on Meuh.

VOTE: beeboy
Whether or not a thread is stale is mostly just an opinion.
Right. And I think it may be harder to get into the discussion as mafia, which would mean you would get less out of it and would be more inclined to hold such an opinion.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:12 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 869, Isis wrote:

Votecount 1.2

Image() -
Very nice Isis
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 888, Taly wrote:
dan
you dont seem interested in your wagon?
I was going to comment but fell asleep writing

ari was just something i didnt want to forget
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:23 am

Post by Dannflor »

I’m inclined to town read Taly’s and his trajectory on me

And by that I mean his kind of non-trajectory onto me from purportedly not scum reading me to coming up with a conspiracy theory about why im not in the thread

There’s not really any attempt to like make this trajectory obvious, and then his hypothesis that I am tactically removing myself from the thread in order to let town infight i don’t think is something that passes through scum’s head a lot of the time. That specific type of read comes from a town imagination a lot more of the time, plus it comes straight from Taly saying he liked one of my posts and me giving him a town read which feels like a less likely path for scum to take
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

i have more to say but im going back to sleep first
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: sakura hana
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Dannflor »

also exceedingly fine with the beeboy wagon
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Taly »

I can't tell if I'm being roasted or read lmao
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Taly »

I really think
Sakura
is just town,
Dann

fixed BBCode
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:55 am

Post by Taly »

Am I really this towny when I'm a thorn in someone's ass lol

Getting townread for pushing people
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:39 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 917, Taly wrote: I really think
Sakura[/bP is just town,
Dann
why
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:41 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 758, Sakura Hana wrote: The optimist in me wants to think that Dann's dissapearance from the thread is because the thread is moving fast and he hasn't had time to post like he did at thread start.
Is that a silly thing to think.
I think this is a scum post

it reads as asking permission to join my wagon
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:43 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 909, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 882, beeboy wrote:
In post 881, Dunnstral wrote: Hm, they say "stale discussion" in post , and I think they were parroting what you were saying earlier, but I never thought the discussion was stale.

Sure I don't like their last ~4 posts or vote on Meuh.

VOTE: beeboy
Whether or not a thread is stale is mostly just an opinion.
Right. And I think it may be harder to get into the discussion as mafia, which would mean you would get less out of it and would be more inclined to hold such an opinion.
Yea this is valid i don’t have any response to this that isn’t just explaining my feelings or saying it could come from town.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

Like I think the reasons you and Dunn had for pushing me are kind of hard to interact with as scum

Dunn just kinda voted me out of PoE and looking “superficially good”

That type of tone read is very uncomfortable to sheep as scum who happens to know I’m town

idk instead sakura highlights the fact im not around which isn’t really the main reason people want to vote me

It seems like she wants people to tell her it’s okay to vote me for other reasons
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

side note im leaning dunnstral towny because one thing i do remember about their scum game is that i think he tends to like to have A Very Defined Reason to push someone

Like a vote is always accompanied by some nitpick or attack or inconsistency

And then if he moves of he always Notes how The Thing is resolved

Maybe playing like a robot isn’t always his scum game but he feels a lot more fluid and relaxed here and i kinda think he would be the opposite if he was scum and rolled Toriel
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 922, Dannflor wrote: idk instead sakura highlights the fact im not around which isn’t really the main reason people want to vote me

It seems like she wants people to tell her it’s okay to vote me for other reasons
Hmm maybe. I think I'll need to see more one way or the other

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”