Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 1147, Keyleth wrote: I guess this is my opening window to invite you to say why me/implo shouldn't be townread and why we are dangerous and scary.
You seem to have a "Innocent until proven guilty" mindset

I've a "Guilty until proven innocent" mindset

That's it really
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by Keyleth »

I messed up my link maybe if I post enough we can put it in the past.
In post 1149, Lazy Shirou wrote: I live with the philosophy that you should focus on a few posts that are more likely to come from one alignment than the other rather than most posts in someone's ISO, and there hasn't been any particular post from you two that I felt compelled to say "this post significantly comes more often from town than scum" yet.
What an interesting philosophy! It's sort of challenging for me to wrap my head around given I think we work in two very different ways but, can you show me a quick example with a slot that isn't beeboy? (You could do beeboy if you want but I imagine you're tired of that)
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:56 pm

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1150, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 1147, Keyleth wrote: I guess this is my opening window to invite you to say why me/implo shouldn't be townread and why we are dangerous and scary.
You seem to have a "Innocent until proven guilty" mindset

I've a "Guilty until proven innocent" mindset

That's it really
It's a ying and yang moment!

Or maybe fire and water I guess time will tell. :shifty:
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 1151, Keyleth wrote: I messed up my link maybe if I post enough we can put it in the past.
In post 1149, Lazy Shirou wrote: I live with the philosophy that you should focus on a few posts that are more likely to come from one alignment than the other rather than most posts in someone's ISO, and there hasn't been any particular post from you two that I felt compelled to say "this post significantly comes more often from town than scum" yet.
What an interesting philosophy! It's sort of challenging for me to wrap my head around given I think we work in two very different ways but, can you show me a quick example with a slot that isn't beeboy? (You could do beeboy if you want but I imagine you're tired of that)
Taly's AtE and unconscious thread control attempt

If you go back at my progression on her slot I think you'll find those are the moments where I started to town read her because I thought both of those behaviors came from town!Taly significantly more likely than from scum!Taly

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 1151, Keyleth wrote: What an interesting philosophy! It's sort of challenging for me to wrap my head around given I think we work in two very different ways
Exactly why reading you feels challenging to me too

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:00 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

It would be personal territory but I think I'm simply a very distrustful and paranoid person even when I sound warm/friendly to others

I'm often thinking about how others could betray me/turn against me or so

Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1153, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 1151, Keyleth wrote: I messed up my link maybe if I post enough we can put it in the past.
Taly's AtE and unconscious thread control attempt

If you go back at my progression on her slot I think you'll find those are the moments where I started to town read her because I thought both of those behaviors came from town!Taly significantly more likely than from scum!Taly
I'm glad someone else agrees with me on this. I know emotions and AtE can come from a wolf but I feel the context of the Ate is the most important part than the words themselves! I mean, Wolf Taly would be in the wrong so it makes almost no sense to get upset to the level he did! You'd have to have an extreme level of self-awareness and channel that into your posting. Of course, it's possible but I doubt it!
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1155, Lazy Shirou wrote: It would be personal territory but I think I'm simply a very distrustful and paranoid person even when I sound warm/friendly to others

I'm often thinking about how others could betray me/turn against me or so
I try to trust others a lot, because mafia to me feels like a team game and my favorite part is working together to try and solve the case.

Of course, this comes with it's own disadvantages I'm well aware of that but, I try to look at everyone's worldview because I feel a lot of people can project a mindset that is considered towny but doing townie actions takes some talent.

It's a lot less stressful for me personally then thinking everyone is trying to trick me. Then again being a wolf is even more stressful unless I know my teammates.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Keyleth »

I think I'll probably have to depend on others to read Shirou for me after this conversation. I didn't dislike it but, I don't know if we'll ever be on the same page of the book ya know?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by Isis »

Previous

Toriel strolled to the front of the class while the students leaved over pieces of parchment drawing Rs.

"Hello. I would like to enroll my.. son in school here. Dunnstral." she stated, using a word that had been rather forbidden in Asgore's earshot.
"Um, how grown is he?"
"Dunnstral is 120 centimeters tall"
The black haired woman blinked at that.
"Yes, but when was he born?"
"Oh, that's not today, I'm not enrolling him as a present, although he is excited. We celebrate his birthday every August 9th."
"I mean, how many years old is he? What year was he born?"
"I don't keep count of that. Many things are fun to count, but I've never thought of counting that."
The instructor frowned. "Hi, I'm Rebecca. We are not used to getting enrollments in the middle of the term but there's never been anything against it. We can meet and talk to the principal and figure out if he can be enrolled here."
Toriel felt encouraged there was some kind of process and wasn't very vexed by the word "if".
Dunnstral looked intently at the teacher the whole time they were talking. When the teacher looked down at him, he held up both one hand but didn't wave it, knowing it served as a greeting but feeling shy. Rebecca briefly mimicked the gesture and offered a smile.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:14 pm

Post by Mandate »

There's this sense in which intellectually I don't ever remember why I townread Keyleth but then she posts and I'm like oh yeah that's why
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by implosion »

wound up spending a bunch of energy on board games again. alas

I think I need to not try to keep fully up with this game at the pace it's going, it'll be more productive to just do stuff in the moment.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1161, implosion wrote: wound up spending a bunch of energy on board games again. alas

I think I need to not try to keep fully up with this game at the pace it's going, it'll be more productive to just do stuff in the moment.
I'm around if you want to do stuff
You are always gonna be my love
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1161, implosion wrote: wound up spending a bunch of energy on board games again. alas

ooo what game?
Settlers of catan?
Dead of Winter?
Small World?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by implosion »

played a game called expeditions, it's the sequel to scythe (which i haven't played). It seems really good

I can vaguely do stuff. i'm sort of tiredly skimming some random stuff from the past few pages right now, only sense i'm getting is a reinforcement of my townread on mandate
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:33 pm

Post by implosion »

Relevantly the coalition game that I was in w Ari and Merlyn just ended today and I was scum so I have some extremely fresh scum meta, which is almost never true of me lol

I think it gave me a pretty good sense of some things from Ari to be on the lookout for as reasons to townread her. If I were a man of more patience I would go back and reread the game from forever ago where she snowed me as scum but i am not going to do that probably ever lol
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:36 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm interested in Alisae once they start playing because historically, though we haven't played together in a long time, I remember Alisae being like, exceptionally good at catching me as scum to the point where at one point i was kind of afraid to sign up for a game if they were in the player list. So I have some curiosity how their read on me will be. I don't think lurking is meaningfully scummy for them though at all, in my mind they're pretty tryhard as scum though of course it's been some years.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1165, implosion wrote: Relevantly the coalition game that I was in w Ari and Merlyn just ended today and I was scum so I have some extremely fresh scum meta, which is almost never true of me lol
i will try not to do any of them since the result was quite disappointing :X
You are always gonna be my love
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by implosion »

skimmed beeboy's iso. no thoughts, head empty.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1039, Taly wrote:
In post 1027, beeboy wrote:
In post 1025, Taly wrote:
In post 1020, beeboy wrote:
In post 1019, Taly wrote: My analysis and opinion is that your initial dive into the game doesn't align with your
Meuh
vote and I mentioned in an ISO a few questions about how curious your wording of some slots are, vague as they were.

I mean I was talking to implosion and not you when I asked that question anyway, I didn’t see a particular reason to engage you on it since I kind of have an idea as to how this convo would go already. I was confused on how Implosion could end up voting me after I read there catch up but I missed the post on sheeping mandate.

I don’t particularly agree with your vote though if you want me to talk about it since your engaging my implosion concern. I wasn’t leading into voting anyone else and I don’t think I implied I thought Meuh was town anywhere. I think this is more of an issue with how you are reading my posts then anything on my part. The only part to talk about is the confidence bit you mentioned but it’s kinda just how I like to talk until later in the game where I have more info. I struggle a lot to post confidently when games don’t really have content to do that with. To skip some motions when I refer to content I don’t mean pages, posts, cases or emotions, I mostly mean shifting votes on places that are under pressure and flips which can’t come this early in a game no matter how many pages you have.
how did you expect this convo to go?
Tbh this conversation is really weird to me, I don't know what you are getting at since all my responses seem not very alignment indicative.
Implosion didn't speak to me as far as I was aware so I didn't have a specific expectation on why he voted me. I had genuine curiosity about it so I could figure out his alignment.

Like did you want me to have an expectation and if so what would it be?
I agree, your responses don't feel AI and I was wondering if the level of awareness you had was.

Dunn
how do you feel about
beeboy
in the last 2 pages?
I am not being swayed towards thinking beeboy is town with their posts. Given my thoughts on other players, I am fine with eliminating them still.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1057, Lazy Shirou wrote: Gamma correctly identifying Beeboy in his last scum game in the site (as far as I know?):
In post 1068, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1064, marcistar wrote:how is beeboy a legit scumread anyone has what have they even done

i dont remember seeinf a single post fron them..
I kinda think his town/scum meta are divergent that he can be read on 7 posts
He sounds wooden here, rather than natural. Wanna guess which alignment thosw trend towards for him?
In post 1099, Gamma Emerald wrote: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84949
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=84286
The first link is a beeboy scumgame, the second is a beeboy towngame. I feel like it’s rather apparent beeboy has been posting more like the former than the latter.

re: Meerkat: read his sig lol
Him being meme-y is NAI
These iso's are so tiny. 22 posts and 12 posts. beeboy replaces out of both of these games...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1088, Mandate wrote: I'm really not happy with the sequence of events that lead to my being effectively outed even though I went to the trouble to make an alt in a period where I hadn't had any site activity in several months but if everyone wants to put me in that bin then sure
I have absolutely no idea who you are
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1054, Lazy Shirou wrote: If I had to summarize my "findings", I would say that as scum Beeboy seemed to focus mostly on stating an opinion on things while as town he seemed to give more focus on explaining how exactly he got his opinion on something.

town!Beeboy reads/analysis just seems to have *way* more meat to it but I'll confess that the games I've read he posted very little and I'm giving it credibility mostly because other people seem to also think he's very distinctly readable by meta (for likely similar reasons?).
You are analyzing a tiny sample size of posts from several years ago
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think either of Lazy Shirou or Mandate are mafia
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Aristeia you can still try to convince me one of my reads is wrong.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”