Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Prism »

I also really, REALLY recommend doing at least one triple ISO if you're interested in sorting based off of interactions (i.e. @T3).

Fire's flip is incredibly useful because it is establishes the baseline for camel's S/S interactions, which was much higher than I thought.

Spoiler: Some samples so you can get an idea of what the bar is
In post 1668, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1658, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1651, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1642, camelCasedSnivy wrote: just not that great of a crewman, i guess

i don't like jjhs end of day a lot

VOTE: jjh927
what
did you even read post-hammer

also ffs stop posting
This is not answering my question
if ur going to call someone scummy for something, how about quote it and give some reasons for it.
ur empty posting right now
In post 1673, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
Spoiler: some jjh posts attacking titus and std that sound like a setup for day 2
In post 1553, jjh927 wrote: Well, that's one way to completely throw away all the towncred you bought through your recent efforts, Titus
In post 1588, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1583, Shirou wrote: Does Titus even effort like this as scum in hindsight?

I don't think I ever played with scum!Titus but she's definitely one of the most efforting slots in the game right now when most other slots are coasting by.

p-edit: oh thanks! let's wait for Dann now I guess.
Yes?

I've also seen scum!Titus parrot the same kind of crap about town unity etc
In post 1531, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1530, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1513, jjh927 wrote: Right now STD's reads are on the same intellectual level as a child talking about vegetables
excuse you
Are you ready to talk specifics about what you liked/disliked about Alisae's posting or are we going to remain on the "I didn't like it, but then I liked it for a bit and now I don't like it any more again" level
In post 1381, jjh927 wrote: Like, I find it hard to believe anyone of any alignment would make that post but there it is
Good extended conversation and followup.
In post 2539, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 2527, Firebringer wrote: VOTE: Snivy

didn't see the post prior
dude can you not

i don't want to be voted for the sake of being voted
Great tonal reaction to being voted, and this was actually one of the big reasons I backed off of Fire.
In post 2719, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2072, camelCasedSnivy wrote: speaking of which, {jjh927, std, andres, imaginality} are in my poe, i could compromise on {T3, Prism} but i dont think we'll get there
Yeah one of T3 and Prism is definitely scum here
Pedestrian but small followups/dialogues happen like this regularly.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm taking a break because that was ~850 posts, hopefully it gets easier/faster as 500 will be repeated every time.

Town bucket right now is gob/Ydrasse. Still to sort are jjh, T3, Dragons, imaginality.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 4182, Save The Dragons wrote: i don't think it's gob or t3, but i want to check fire's relationship with people.

i don't know why fire left in any pairing so i'm a little confused.
Meanwhile in 5 days we have one post from our legendary scumhunting hero.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4324, Prism wrote: The extended back and forth with camel starting at post 1935 seems incredibly genuine, like Ydrasse is annoyed that camel is taking Titus off the table. I think this is very town-indicative.
I though so too
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by Prism »

I didn't get around to everything I wanted to today but whatever.

TBH I'm probably just going to vote Dragons. I saw multiple good reasons to townread literally everyone else in that triple ISO, while the only strong +town for Dragons was Firebringer's vote in 2967. Other tonal interactions were plausibly clearing to me yesterday but the new Fire/Camel sample showed me that was in error.

It's strong but I suspect I'm going to find stronger from everyone else. My best guess is that Fire was hoping the wagon would naturally defuse. I was hardshoving Andres at that point, and much of Fire's play was already angled at framing Andres. Fire completely 180'd on the Dragons slot with that vote. The only other big question here is why the fuck Dragons stayed over Fire except to troll/cause chaos.

I'm still going to go through the full motions but yeah. I'm still going to reread all of the slots but after my earlier readthrough I think I already know where this is going.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4325, Prism wrote:@T3)
I did an imaginality triple ISO, I didn't gain much from it.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by T3 »

^this was earlier today btw
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Prism »

I had an extremely mean post here. I deleted it. This one is imperfect but nicer. I'm extremely annoyed that Dragons is, for the third time in a row with me, disappearing completely in an endgame situation and waiting for other players to lose the game for him so he doesn't have to risk losing it himself.

It will give me some happiness if my instinct is correct and he is scum this game, but I am incredibly bitter if he is town, because I will get to play the scapegoat for actually taking risks and trying to win.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 4330, T3 wrote:I did an imaginality triple ISO, I didn't gain much from it.
I thought a lot of the utility came from being able to see how Fire/camel interacted, because I think those set the bar. I think Ydrasse's early questioning of camel being S/S is a very realistic scenario, even though that's not my conclusion.

If you disagree and it didn't nudge anything for you, shrug. I don't think we've come out very differently on Ydrasse at the end of the day, and I don't think the way to read you is interrogating this specific line of reasoning.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:14 pm

Post by T3 »

Yeah, I mean, we can agree to disagree to agree. Your analysis of ydra made sense, I'm a bit tired right now but I don't see anything wrong with it.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 4327, Prism wrote:
In post 4182, Save The Dragons wrote: i don't think it's gob or t3, but i want to check fire's relationship with people.

i don't know why fire left in any pairing so i'm a little confused.
Meanwhile in 5 days we have one post from our legendary scumhunting hero.
that's cool i didn't claim that but let's talk down to me anyway for fun
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by Prism »

Fair enough. And Dragons, when you inevitably get in, by my own standards my content is pretty lax today. I'm currently 0 for 3 on voting. I don't like the idea of going 0 for 4, but if I'm holding the ball as time is expiring, I am going to shoot the ball.

You have your chance today. Shoot the ball.

P-Edit: Welcome back.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 4335, Save The Dragons wrote:that's cool i didn't claim that but let's talk down to me anyway for fun
Your defense to my playstyle critiques for time immemorial has been that it delivers results and good reads. That's a lot more than I've laid claim to, which is probably the smartest choice I've made all game since I'm 0 for 3.

I don't think noting your absence in the endgame is unfair.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:35 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1540, Save The Dragons wrote: it's not even bad play

as town i have some moments of brilliance doing what i do
Given the degree of struggle we've all had with the current game, which is an unusually difficult one, it's an unfair request, but it would be nice to see one of these in my lifetime. Vindicate yourself, carry me to a W instead of waiting to take a moral victory in an L.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:27 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 4329, Prism wrote: I didn't get around to everything I wanted to today but whatever.

TBH I'm probably just going to vote Dragons. I saw multiple good reasons to townread literally everyone else in that triple ISO, while the only strong +town for Dragons was Firebringer's vote in 2967. Other tonal interactions were plausibly clearing to me yesterday but the new Fire/Camel sample showed me that was in error.

It's strong but I suspect I'm going to find stronger from everyone else. My best guess is that Fire was hoping the wagon would naturally defuse. I was hardshoving Andres at that point, and much of Fire's play was already angled at framing Andres. Fire completely 180'd on the Dragons slot with that vote. The only other big question here is why the fuck Dragons stayed over Fire except to troll/cause chaos.

I'm still going to go through the full motions but yeah. I'm still going to reread all of the slots but after my earlier readthrough I think I already know where this is going.
To be honest I can see why Fire would leave in that scumteam given people mostly concluded StD is town because of camel leaving end of D2. The scumteam may have figured StD continues to get a ride through today.

I think T3 is probably town because I think scum T3 probably doesn't want to townread Ydrasse today.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:53 pm

Post by jjh927 »

On a meta level, maybe worth noting that a scumgame that Fire was scum in abruptly ended with Firebringer's elimination while this game was in night phase and it is entirely possible he may have been concerned I would reevaluate
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:17 am

Post by T3 »

In post 4339, imaginality wrote: scum T3 probably doesn't want to townread Ydrasse today.
Yeah, probably not. Maybe I'd wait to see what Prism does too.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:29 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i'm pretty stumped. I would love to be able to say i have an answer but firebringer was not on my radar, alisae was scummy imo. I did think titus and andres were like to be town but that's not worth anything especially when i helped kill andres.

I don't think it's prism, i don't think it's t3, i don't think it's gob due to interactions.

i don't know that imaginality stays and fire goes if it's imaginality. but i could be blinded by my own thoughts.

i don't think ydrasse stays if she's scum.

i want to take a closer look at jjh interactions but i don't really think it's him either

so at least one of my assumptions is just off
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:46 pm

Post by Prism »

What do people generally think of jjh? I'm usually at a "hard no" but I definitely want to interrogate the question, especially since he's a player that was safer from elimination than Fire (I was probably safest followed by him/gob?)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Prism »

Reread imaginality. The game is still very hard.

I walked away from it feeling that the pairing was very plausible.........until I got to Fire's vote in 3801. This vote stays on through an E-1 scare, Fire makes some attempt to sell it, and it's the other vote of his when he's playing cat and mouse with Shirou at the end.

It's a hard game and falling ill put me behind not just in this game but in my classes, and I'm not going to get to read all I want to. It's hard, we've gotten outplayed, and damn this sucks. I'm going to give this slot a 5 even though the vote alone should probably make it a 9.

The only other point of real interest I saw was this:
In post 2700, Prism wrote: Tempted to just vote imaginality but maybe Andres stops by before dayend
In post 2707, Firebringer wrote: VOTE: Titus
These are about 30 minutes apart with not many posts in between. Fire was on camel before this, and camel blitzes 6 minutes later.

Had I swapped over, imaginality would have been placed at E-1.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:22 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah, firebringer was given the deciding vote on Titus/Imag. Camel would not have been able to blitz Imag
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:46 am

Post by imaginality »

Pretty sure they weren't expecting me to get as widely townread from the "why did camel leave first if imaginality is also scum" angle and were hoping to make me the D3 mislim.

@Prism I've been kinda assuming jjh as town because of others' townreads (similar to why I eased up on gob). But my POE right now looks like it's either StD or jjh so...
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:03 am

Post by gob »

StD is just unlikely all things considered. Does anyone have JJH, imaginality m, ydrasse scum games?

I have a hard time thinking its JJH here since his logic has been consistent and non-agenda’d.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:20 am

Post by T3 »

In post 4343, Prism wrote: What do people generally think of jjh? I'm usually at a "hard no" but I definitely want to interrogate the question, especially since he's a player that was safer from elimination than Fire (I was probably safest followed by him/gob?)
Town, probably. There's the obvious "why did he try so hard yesterday" a
maybe
that could be explained by him not wanting to be pushed by you?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Prism »

I'm trying to rally my spirit but flagging. Whatever spirit I had at daystart was killed when I fell sick and got behind in my real-life obligations, unfortunately.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”