Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 599, Celebloki wrote: idk if we can trust Aliana. I don't think she has any mod experience. She ain't no Alianna or anything.
*quacks angrily*
I townread Aliana.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 600, Aliana wrote:
In post 594, Altaria wrote: If we kill the JK target and they are town then we'll need to determine if a) Dragon is lying or b) scum no-killed to frame someone. This may be obvious but I felt like saying it

I already have my theories for who it could be in scenario B
If scum no-killed, that means they felt that framing someone was worth leaving a claimed JK alive another night and giving town an extra execution. Not saying it's impossible but might say something about the kind of position they were in.
Yeah it doesn't feel super likely, but my paranoid brain is telling me they could do this and then act like it's not super likely :shifty:
It has a kind disposition, but if it's provoked, it will threaten opponents with shrill cries before attacking them without mercy
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by Altaria »

If scum no-killed I think it would probably just be Umlaut but a have a nagging gut feeling that it could be Aliana
It has a kind disposition, but if it's provoked, it will threaten opponents with shrill cries before attacking them without mercy
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 594, Altaria wrote: If we kill the JK target and they are town then we'll need to determine if a) Dragon is lying or b) scum no-killed to frame someone. This may be obvious but I felt like saying it

If scum no-killed, that means they felt that framing someone was worth leaving a claimed JK alive another night and giving town an extra execution. Not saying it's impossible but might say something about the kind of position they were in.
'Sometime Enchant is just scum' applies here.

Realistically the most obvious thing that happened was that scum tried to NK someone and it was blocked in some way, even if Dragon is scum who lied about being the JK.

I don't think scum is really in any position to get cute here.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 604, Doctor Drew wrote: Realistically the most obvious thing that happened was that scum tried to NK someone and it was blocked in some way, even if Dragon is scum who lied about being the JK.
I didn't think about scum!Dragon getting blocked. I figured he would no-kill to frame someone if he's lying
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 603, Altaria wrote: If scum no-killed I think it would probably just be Umlaut but a have a nagging gut feeling that it could be Aliana
I think scum!me would just play optimally here instead of putting myself at a mechanical disadvantage with weird WIFOM plays.
(or maybe that's just what I want you to think...)
I townread Aliana.

Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 604, Doctor Drew wrote:

'Sometime Enchant is just scum' applies here.

Realistically the most obvious thing that happened was that scum tried to NK someone and it was blocked in some way, even if Dragon is scum who lied about being the JK.

I don't think scum is really in any position to get cute here.
Yeah. Not impossible but definitely not likely.
I townread Aliana.

Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 605, Altaria wrote:
In post 604, Doctor Drew wrote: Realistically the most obvious thing that happened was that scum tried to NK someone and it was blocked in some way, even if Dragon is scum who lied about being the JK.
I didn't think about scum!Dragon getting blocked. I figured he would no-kill to frame someone if he's lying
If Dragon was roleblocked, that should be claimed, right?
I townread Aliana.

Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 606, Aliana wrote:
In post 603, Altaria wrote: If scum no-killed I think it would probably just be Umlaut but a have a nagging gut feeling that it could be Aliana
I think scum!me would just play optimally here instead of putting myself at a mechanical disadvantage with weird WIFOM plays.
Yeah, maybe. I want to believe you. I'm trying to gauge just how big of a disadvantage it would be for you. Dragon claims his target which probably wasn't you since I'm pretty sure he townread you. We kill said target, they flip town. Not sure what you would do as scum N2...no-kill again? I don't think you could kill Dragon because you would probably want to frame him as a liar D3. Maybe just kill some townread player or a suspected PR. We fade Dragon D3, he flips JK, and then it's anyone's guess as to who the sneaky lil liar is. You kill someone N3. That's 4 townies dead from this play, leaving 6 alive on D4, you plus 5 town

Doesn't really seem great I guess but it would get you pretty deep into the game with lots of dead townies along the way
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 608, Aliana wrote:
In post 605, Altaria wrote:
If Dragon was roleblocked, that should be claimed, right?
I want to say yeah but I don't think that's likely here. The RBer would be trolling
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 609, Altaria wrote:
Yeah, maybe. I want to believe you. I'm trying to gauge just how big of a disadvantage it would be for you. Dragon claims his target which probably wasn't you since I'm pretty sure he townread you. We kill said target, they flip town. Not sure what you would do as scum N2...no-kill again? I don't think you could kill Dragon because you would probably want to frame him as a liar D3. Maybe just kill some townread player or a suspected PR. We fade Dragon D3, he flips JK, and then it's anyone's guess as to who the sneaky lil liar is. You kill someone N3. That's 4 townies dead from this play, leaving 6 alive on D4, you plus 5 town

Doesn't really seem great I guess but it would get you pretty deep into the game with lots of dead townies along the way
Continuing this thought. If you managed to fade a townie on D4 then you could get to kill another on N4 and then it would be ELO with you an 2 townies

The other play for you would be to kill Dragon N1 and then you're stuck with 8 townies that you have to get through

Does this play really sound all that bad from a scum!you perspective?
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 611, Altaria wrote:
In post 609, Altaria wrote:

Continuing this thought. If you managed to fade a townie on D4 then you could get to kill another on N4 and then it would be ELO with you an 2 townies

The other play for you would be to kill Dragon N1 and then you're stuck with 8 townies that you have to get through

Does this play really sound all that bad from a scum!you perspective?
Ehhh...maybe it's not terrible. I'd have to actually math out all the scenarios.
I townread Aliana.

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by Black »

I think scum is able to misfade Dragon regardless of which play they choose, and in the no-kill play they are able to take a few others down in the domino effect. It might actually be the better play

Regardless, I think the right play for town here is to fade the JK target and just work from there. Even if scum no-killed I think I would be more inclined to believe it was Umlaut over you. Neither of you had great interactions with gob imo but his seem far worse
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Altaria »

CRAP
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Altaria »

Can I just be replaced by my main account or something? XD
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I was just in a game recently where Elements did this with an alt account. She ultimately replaced in with her main account lol.
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 616, Celebloki wrote: I was just in a game recently where Elements did this with an alt account. She ultimately replaced in with her main account lol.
:lol:

I will message the mod. I guess the only downside would be the split isos
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by Aliana »

Thing I am pondering: if Dragon is scum, does he really claim JK and then continue to sit on his partner? Because after that, he either has to kill and confirm someone as town every day (if there's only one scum, which there probably is, a kill going through clears his target), or no-kill and then get called a liar when his "target" flips town. Oh, and not to mention deal with all the questions about why he's not dead on Day 5. The claim would seem to screw him over quite badly if he's maf. At the very least, it would be better for him to keep his buddy alive if he's going to claim that, which does not align with the way he actually played yesterday.
I townread Aliana.

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:47 pm

Post by T3 »

Black replaces Altaria.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by Black »

In post 618, Aliana wrote: Thing I am pondering: if Dragon is scum, does he really claim JK and then continue to sit on his partner? Because after that, he either has to kill and confirm someone as town every day (if there's only one scum, which there probably is, a kill going through clears his target), or no-kill and then get called a liar when his "target" flips town. Oh, and not to mention deal with all the questions about why he's not dead on Day 5. The claim would seem to screw him over quite badly if he's maf. At the very least, it would be better for him to keep his buddy alive if he's going to claim that, which does not align with the way he actually played yesterday.
Yeah I think Dragon being scum is probably the least likely of the scenarios here

Most likely - Dragon blocked the kill, we fade the target and gg

Somewhat likely - Umlaut/Aliana or some other competent player no-killed to frame Dragon

Not very likely - Dragon lied and no-killed to frame someone
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Celebloki »

Extremely Likely - Dragon doesn't post and lets rampant conspiracy theories get woven.

Hopefully occam's razor is correct and Dragon has a smoking gun to point at. I feel like all the crazier scenario's are just so not likely.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Black »

In post 621, Celebloki wrote: Hopefully occam's razor is correct and Dragon has a smoking gun to point at. I feel like all the crazier scenario's are just so not likely.
Do you consider scum no-killing to frame Dragon a crazy scenario?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I guess I just haven't seen it, I feel like the prevailing philosophy is maximize what you can do. Obviously holstering a N-Shot makes sense, but a factional NK should just be used every night. I think the longest shot here is that scum holstered. It's far more likely there was a role block or protection that happened. I think getting lost in the sauce on this day over the wilder scenario's might just muddy the waters. If we lim someone that Dragon points at and it's town, the crazier scenarios get looked at tomorrow.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Black »

In post 623, Celebloki wrote: If we lim someone that Dragon points at and it's town, the crazier scenarios get looked at tomorrow.
Agreed
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Aliana »

If Dragon's target flips town, I'll probably still townread him tbh.
I townread Aliana.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”