Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:55 am

Post by Black »

In post 598, Titus wrote: Black, is my theory valid? Yes or no.
Yeah I think there's some weight to it, but I also think Kurtapika is town so I'm not sure if it's the world we live in
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

quote=Black post_id=14002150 post_num=599 time=1701363302 user_id=36961]
In post 597, Afrayed Knott wrote: You asked me to come at you with something else. Seems I don’t need to based on your reaction. Very defensive reactions in fact. You seemed quiet chill when you first challenged me, and I was doubting my read. Right now empathy tells me to back off. But this is a game and I’m trying to find scum.
Why would me being chill make you doubt your read? Do you think I'm chill when I'm town and defensive as scum?
[/quote]

Why would it not? It’s rather immaterial to be honest in my opinion. But if you really need an answer Then it did, but only for a moment.

I was also looking at what I thought was a slip, but the phrasing you used in the post is a debatable point, wether you intentionally phrased the way you did or it’s a genuine I’m not sure. It’s a tenuous leap but it’s there.

Where’s my bone?
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Sorry bad quoting there. On my phone posting.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Black »

In post 601, Afrayed Knott wrote: Why would it not? It’s rather immaterial to be honest in my opinion. But if you really need an answer Then it did, but only for a moment.
Because your whole read is based on Open 888 and I didn't get defensive at all when being pushed as scum in that game. It doesn't feel like you are putting much thought into this read at all
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Black »

@Afrayed do you have any completed scum games on the site?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:55 am

Post by shaddowez »

So because of work meetings and an unexpected medical appointment, I'm not going to get through everything today, but here's some of what I have so far:

Jupiter is doing nothing whatsoever to make himself look less like scum FMPOV. The only reason to manufacture a read on someone is if you already know their alignment. If he's town, there's no good defense for not reading a post and claiming it's AI (either way), then digging his heels in and finally saying he lied about reading it doesn't help at all. His vote on me and his reason for trying to get people to vote me also feels very OMGUSy, as it's "his push on
me
sucks, therefore he's scum"

Dann's openness to specifically calling out people to look at him (like in ) are making me TR him, on top of which his playstyle is similar to recent games.

I'm hesitant on my Sky read. A previous game I had a SR on someone early on, partially because of their low content, but then they did participate in later Days but were scum. I'm not getting the same SR feel from Sky as I did on that player, but the playstyle claim makes me nervous now.
V/LA on Weekends
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 604, Black wrote: @Afrayed do you have any completed scum games on the site?
Nope
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 603, Black wrote:
In post 601, Afrayed Knott wrote: Why would it not? It’s rather immaterial to be honest in my opinion. But if you really need an answer Then it did, but only for a moment.
Because your whole read is based on Open 888 and I didn't get defensive at all when being pushed as scum in that game. It doesn't feel like you are putting much thought into this read at all
I am putting into it all I can based on experience. Are you now trying to cast doubt on my ability to play the game?

The more you try to push me away from my read the more I will stay firm on it.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 606, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 604, Black wrote: @Afrayed do you have any completed scum games on the site?
Nope
Ok. Where is this supposed slip in ?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Black »

In post 607, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 603, Black wrote:
I am putting into it all I can based on experience. Are you now trying to cast doubt on my ability to play the game?

The more you try to push me away from my read the more I will stay firm on it.
No, I'm trying to figure out if this is a real read or if you're scum pushing a fake one. You say I'm playing similarly to how I did in that game but you also think me being cool about getting pushed indicates I could be town. There's a contradiction there
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:04 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 579, ProjEctRy wrote: Well if you’re not busy that’s even worse. Now it really does seem like you’re purposely avoiding contributing. I don’t think there is anything townie about that so…
Do you feel that anti-town and scum are the same?
V/LA on Weekends
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 605, shaddowez wrote: I'm not getting the same SR feel from Sky as I did on that player, but the playstyle claim makes me nervous now.
i mean the playstyle thing is easily verifiable. it's also a playstyle claim i've made in many a game. if it makes you feel better, faking reads as scum comes pretty naturally to me
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Black »

I think Afrayed could be scum here. His push on me feels like something scum might do to go against the grain and I think town!Afrayed would be more willing to dig deeper into my meta to see if these feelings he has about me are exclusive to my scum games

Since we're on the topic of meta I think the two games I played with him where he was town he felt a lot more all over the place and gave off lim-bait vibes. Here he seems cool, calm, and calculated. I'm willing to believe there could be something unrelated to his alignment that may be affecting his playstyle but it definitely gives me pause

I think looking at his play this game in a vacuum it seems pretty townie but that could be attributed to him just being good at playing scum. Not sure I want to go here though since I think Dannflor has a point about vanity wagons
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 337, ProjEctRy wrote: I don’t like this idea. To me that is not the best move for town, just a random lim on a low contributor. I appreciate there is likely scum essentially hiding in the shadows but it’s a complete shot in the dark.

Surely it’s better to lim someone specific we have some suspicion over rather than just a complete random lim?
this feels at odds with his vote on me

VOTE: proj
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Black »

This wouldn't be the first, second, or third time scum has tried to push me off of bullshit meta reasons and then refuse to reevaluate
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: project
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Black »

In post 613, Skygazer wrote:
In post 337, ProjEctRy wrote: I don’t like this idea. To me that is not the best move for town, just a random lim on a low contributor. I appreciate there is likely scum essentially hiding in the shadows but it’s a complete shot in the dark.

Surely it’s better to lim someone specific we have some suspicion over rather than just a complete random lim?

How? I think Project has made it clear that he's suspicious of you now
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Black »

In post 615, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: project
Why is project scum?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 614, Black wrote: This wouldn't be the first, second, or third time scum has tried to push me off of bullshit meta reasons and then refuse to reevaluate

443 ……TvT….

You’re being as stubborn as I am. And I think your analysis above on my play is way off. So let’s take a breath, step back and reevaluate each other. Because if this is TvT it’s doing no one any good.

What I will ask you, is this; and I’d like you to really consider what I am saying, based on the games we have played do you really think Scum me would be more collected and calm as opposed to town me? Because if you knew me you’d know that would not be the case. I have not played as scum fully yet, I had to pull out of the only game I was scum in because of personal reasons. In fact it’s the reason I pulled out of all my games about a month ago. I want in the right head space to play this game. I feel I am now. So if you are town then ok, but right now I’m still of the belief that your are not

I’m being genuine with my comments.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

EBWOP : I was not in the right head space
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Black »

In post 618, Afrayed Knott wrote: 443 ……TvT….
Dann was the one that brought up TvT. I was asking him about his read

I'll respond to the rest later, I have to go for a bit
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 616, Black wrote:

How? I think Project has made it clear that he's suspicious of you now
i don't see how he can reach that conclusion, it feels like a reach after saying that voting low contributers is a shot in the dark. and i feel like it should be rather obvious that a player who is avoiding generating content for nefarious reasons would go about it differently, rather than draw attention to it by shitposting. his vote on me seems like an easy low effort way to form a wagon with flimsy but kinda uncontroversial reasoning. it feels like a safe vote rather than a solvey vote.

there are other parts of his iso i dont like too fwiw
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:52 am

Post by ProjEctRy »

In post 580, Skygazer wrote: not contributing can certainly appear to be not townie, sure. but if i were scum, don't you think i'd be more worried about optics? how do you think i would stand to benefit from what i'm doing if i were scum?
It seems likes you are actively working against trying to contribute. Even after today when this has been pointed out to you, you still have yet to contribute anything meaningful. Your posts have all mainly been fluff.

In regards to the optics, yes potentially, but it feels like one of those situations where you do something so clearly scummy that you hide behind the defence of well I'm obviously not scum because I'd never do anything as stupidly obvious as that.

In post 590, Skygazer wrote: i mean my activity levels certainly aren't an active choice. since this game started my life has been:

- thanksgiving activities
- going to protests
- everything breaking at my job (and historically my job is pretty chill and most of my posting is on the clock)
- accidentally hyperfocusing on a video game from 2006

and again i reiterate that it's only been 6 days, and we have 6 more days left for day one. i will get to it at some point soon, i don't feel bad about my activity levels, and this feels a little overblown all things considered.
It certainly feels like an active choice. You've been around posting a lot today, but still nothing meaningful. Until your vote on me (which I'll come onto) you still hadn't shared a single thought on other players alignments. I also asked you your thoughts at , but you haven't responded to that.

In post 584, Skygazer wrote:
In post 582, Afrayed Knott wrote: Sky. Is this a D1 thing only, or are you switching to play Destiny2 or something else D2. Come on get in the game please
you'll probably be happier with my activity levels/contributions to game at some point. i do this a lot. in my defense, this game started during a major holiday, and oblivion is really addictive. also we're only half way thru day one.

my activity waxes and wanes, it's not unusual for me. but this game will probably be an extreme example of that
Also, your position here seems to be 'my current contribution (or lack of) isn't a problem, ignore it, I'll contribute more later in the game'. That's almost like asking for a pass for day 1. You want to be left alone to coast by, which is suspicious.

There is a difference between the two positions.

I'm opposed to a pure random elimination on a low contributor - in this situation there is no suspicion whatsoever. The player has contributed nothing to gauge any suspicious.

The difference with you is that whilst my suspicion arises from your lack of contribution, I'm not voting for you purely because you haven't contributed, but rather due to your reasoning or attitude behind not contributing.
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:58 am

Post by ProjEctRy »

In post 610, shaddowez wrote:
In post 579, ProjEctRy wrote: Well if you’re not busy that’s even worse. Now it really does seem like you’re purposely avoiding contributing. I don’t think there is anything townie about that so…
Do you feel that anti-town and scum are the same?
I think they can be different and the same. In this situation, because of Sky's reasoning and attitude I think its scummy. If they're town and busy or can't be bothered to contribute right now then go VLA or sub out.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:02 am

Post by schadd_ »

;