Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:32 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4111, Sakura Hana wrote: I suppose, but then i wonder wtf are the wolves doing then if it's not Dann trying to spare a partner.
Getting fek'd.

Follow the way of the bird and the furret and I promise to pray to you as the game ends.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:06 am

Post by Ydrasse »

voting bingle in spirit.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:55 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 4145, Bingle wrote:
In post 4144, RCEnigma wrote: Can’t kill us all.
Can't kill anyone, I'm the game winning spare.
Fair point
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4135, implosion wrote: Basically that it's always possible that I'm mistaking you playing well for you being town.
I don't know what this has to do with the quote from alisae

I also don't know what to do with this read at all

it feels like you're saying there's no amount of town I could be that would lead you to fully trust me which is not really a position I feel you've expressed before today
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4139, implosion wrote:
In post 4124, Dannflor wrote: like i think this vote commits a lot more than sakura's and i like that it's a tonal read not related to the townslip at all
This I like, disagree with for several reasons.

One, sure it's committal. What else is Bingle supposed to do yesterday if Bingle is scum? Try to start a different wagon?

Two, I think it's way townier to be giving Alisae credit for the townslip at the point of the game that Sakura was. I feel like scum hate being forced to do that kind of thing and would rather feel like they're coming up with """""actual reasons""""" to scumread someone, like a tonal read. Sentiment about the townslip was a wave that crested, and then came to a trough with people being like "eh idk" or "Alisae could fake that" - and then Sakura came in and used it as a reason anyway. I feel like that's super not a scum mindset.
I guess I just fundamentally disagree that the townslip was less of an *****actual reason***** than a tonal read. In my experience scum are less likely to act purely off tonal reads because they don't feel it's an ****Actual Reason****
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4140, implosion wrote: I think Sakura is like, sort of hard spewed town by Mandate-scum. I find it pretty hard to imagine Mandate on d1 as scum successfully convincing everyone that their partner is super duper obvtown. I think Dann+Sakura is unlikely to play out this way unless third scum is Bingle.
Can you elaborate on why you find it pretty hard to imagine

Mandate is a slot that I find it pretty easy to imagine that he'd play around a partner like that
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 262, Mandate wrote: Sakura Hana you aren't making a lick of sense.

I'm not calling you scum right now but...
In post 331, Mandate wrote: I think that

Dannflor shinybrassobject Sakura Hana Brown Eyes Keyleth contains a lot of town players probably
In post 433, Mandate wrote: Actually I think I jumped the gun on Sakura

I think she is slightly more likely town than scum but nowhere near as towny as any of the people in my list

Also Meuh sounds kinda town now too jeez

Ok that's enough for today goodnight everyone
In post 545, Mandate wrote: It's also worth pointing out I do think Sakura is probably town she just isn't there yet? But yeah. Am interested in your thoughts on those 3.

Ok sure fair enough you don't scumread any of them
In post 674, Mandate wrote: Oddly enough people are saying stuff like Sakura Hana is the easiest player in the game to read but I think our #1 loss condition is Sakura+Dunn being 2 scum here and I'm actually very stressed about it
In post 818, Mandate wrote: Keyleth I don't scumread Sakura I have her as like 90% town I'm just really angsty about losing to the last 10%

I simply don't think Dannflor can present as cohesive a narrative as scum as he did this game, i found it very easy to track exactly what Dannflor was thinking that never entered his posting and then his future posting followed the unspoken trajectory more than the spoken trajectory. Scum try to (usually succeed too) keep narrative cohesiveness from post to post but they usually struggle to have a coherent ""out of thread pov"" that underlines the posts that they actually make. I don't think Dannflor does this successfully as scum.
In post 974, Mandate wrote: My initial impression was that scum Sakura would not vote the person she said she was townreading in that way but it's the kind of play that town makes sometimes because it seemed more like a pressure let's see what this does vote but eh

I don't wish to pretend in 100% sure Sakura is town but she still pings town and has no scum pings from me
In post 1034, Mandate wrote: I do feel, uh, pretty unreserved about Sakura town now so that's nice
idk i don't feel this is an unlikely progression to have on a buddy
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

@Mod: You forgot to send a daystart PM

I'll be back later.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

itching to hammer test
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

actually that doesn’t make sense there’s nothing to test in this gamestate
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: bingle
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

so, if this is correct the team would have to be exactly sakura/implosion/shirou

or someone is trolling/giving up
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1322, Lazy Shirou wrote: given my lone vote on Meuh isn't doing much and the main alternative wagon is a townread of mine, I shall help poke this

VOTE: implosion
In post 1715, Lazy Shirou wrote: i want to say i've developed my opinion on implosion but i did in fact skim his posts because they felt kinda dense to analyze and understand all the context he was replying to

maybe nearer the weekend

i'll unvote him for now to be fair given he posted more since i last sat down to properly digest his posts

UNVOTE:
so there's no follow up to this progression where shirou sits down and appears to reevaluate implosion, he just kinda keeps soft pushing implosion but not really following through
In post 3989, Lazy Shirou wrote: I think the scum team may be something like Ali/Implo/Dann at the moment, with [Bingle/RCE] filling the spots if any of the first three are town

Good night you all~
rule of 3 game solved
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Dannflor »

i guess it's kind of interesting to me that implosion and shirou have purportedly not town read each other all game but im struggling to find any direct interaction between the two of them
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Dannflor »

idk im aware there's a high chance I'm conf biasing myself into the conclusion that I want right now but I do think that sort of soft distancing is kind of required for scum who is angling to go the spare route, which obviously has been the case since implo's EV post
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

VOTE: Sakura
May i offer an alternative?
Truth be told, i've never been into this self-towncasing thing, i've always believed that as long as i'm myself people will just read me correctly anyway.
But this game is different, and as of right now this is the only person i know 100% to be town.
And i dont really know who the heck can be scum anymore among the remaining people, but the truth is, half of you are.

It's possible Bingle's just town and i dont need to do this, but i'm more certain of this being a game winning move, specially coz it's Dann who has been pushing for Bingle.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4165, Sakura Hana wrote: It's possible Bingle's just town and i dont need to do this, but i'm more certain of this being a game winning move, specially coz it's Dann who has been pushing for Bingle.
Um... Bingle's town and you don't need to do this. Sakura, if I'm scum why the fuck do I solidify the Alisae spare? Its the functional equivalent of having the lurker scum come in and bus the powerwolf for towncred two days before MYLO. I'm not that dumb.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4166, Bingle wrote:
In post 4165, Sakura Hana wrote: It's possible Bingle's just town and i dont need to do this, but i'm more certain of this being a game winning move, specially coz it's Dann who has been pushing for Bingle.
Um... Bingle's town and you don't need to do this. Sakura, if I'm scum why the fuck do I solidify the Alisae spare? Its the functional equivalent of having the lurker scum come in and bus the powerwolf for towncred two days before MYLO. I'm not that dumb.
I don't claim to know or have the answer to everything, the thing is tho, your result is an accident due to Dannflor, he's been behaving weird all game which has been pinging me, and if he's scum then you can't be town or he'd be pushing hard for a game losing move.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4159, Dannflor wrote: actually that doesn’t make sense there’s nothing to test in this gamestate
You can test whether hammering me wins the game. Spoiler: it does.

Seriously, though... Look at all of my actions this game. I've pretty clearly been okay with being backseat while we were on a path that was good for town, and when I actually step in and DO something it's put us at 1 yeet til victory.

Let Ydrasse's people go, Dann. You don't have to torture her with the rest of this game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:43 am

Post by implosion »

hi. can we please for fucks sake not make this day take fifteen minutes total because i essentially know for a fact as town that we can't win without my vote or scum throwing but we can fuck up the day without my vote!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Besides it was me who prompted you to look into Alisae's ISO

I only started doubting you were town when Dannflor made a push for you to be spared today since yday.
Alisae says you're fine but i cant shake those feelings.

Of course it's probably only a matter of moments before Dann comes and hammers you anyway so i doubt anyone cares.

Now care to explain why voting for Alisae makes you town? Because i doubt it's the equivalent of whatever you say.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4167, Sakura Hana wrote: I don't claim to know or have the answer to everything, the thing is tho, your result is an accident due to Dannflor, he's been behaving weird all game which has been pinging me, and if he's scum then you can't be town or he'd be pushing hard for a game losing move.
What's his other option? Not push me as town? He already shut that door. And notice, if he's scum he's doing a pretty great job of not voting me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:43 am

Post by implosion »

In post 4153, Dannflor wrote:
In post 4135, implosion wrote: Basically that it's always possible that I'm mistaking you playing well for you being town.
I don't know what this has to do with the quote from alisae

I also don't know what to do with this read at all

it feels like you're saying there's no amount of town I could be that would lead you to fully trust me which is not really a position I feel you've expressed before today
this isn't what i said??

i said i trust sakura more than you right now
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4169, implosion wrote: hi. can we please for fucks sake not make this day take fifteen minutes total because i essentially know for a fact as town that we can't win without my vote or scum throwing but we can fuck up the day without my vote!
I'm not gonna stop trying to win this game in fifteen minutes, no. Sorry? I guess?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:45 am

Post by implosion »

In post 4148, Bingle wrote:
In post 4139, implosion wrote: One, sure it's committal. What else is Bingle supposed to do yesterday if Bingle is scum? Try to start a different wagon?
Try to start a wagon on someone other than the person who flipped town and wasn't actually that tr-d ITT? I mean... yeah, probably. I think outside of RCE/Sakura everyone had Ali as a never spare before yesterday happened, and I certainly could have chosen literally anyone to push as a spare instead.
This is just, factually entirely untrue i think? i might go back and check, i might be wrong, but i feel like alisae was solidly in the townpool for a significant amount of people. i definitely didn't have alisae as never-spare, ut i did have lots of reservations about sparing em

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”