BooneyToonz XVIII: Lights, Faeries, Action! [END]

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by Night Lights »

feels like a stark contrast from some of the things Sakura was saying earlier. It kinda feels like she was trying to pretend like the scumreads didn't bother her but I think it's pretty obvious they do. I don't think it's scummy to be bothered by scumreads but trying to play it off like your not bothered doesn't feel great

In post 196, Sakura Hana wrote: That being said, im pretty sure my fame as a scum player will prevent me from being obvtown moving forward anyway so im probably not gonna care if im enlightened or not.
In post 218, Sakura Hana wrote: Nevertheless i'm never being enligthened so, feel free to scumread me, not gonna change my fate anyway.
In post 220, Sakura Hana wrote: As i said before im too exhausted from my previous game to even bother reversing any scumreads this game, specially since i dont need to, all i need is to find 3 town.
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Night Lights »

Man sometimes I
really
wish we could edit grammatical errors. They make me feel like an idiot but I just type fast :cry:
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 450, Night Lights wrote: It kinda feels like she was trying to pretend like the scumreads didn't bother her but I think it's pretty obvious they do.
I dont think there's
anyone
that is never bothered by scumreads.
In post 450, Night Lights wrote: I don't think it's scummy to be bothered by scumreads but trying to play it off like your not bothered doesn't feel great
It doesn't really. It's like a bunch of bottled emotions.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Something Cool »

In post 407, Night Lights wrote:
Drew is playing pretty casually and it doesn't feel like he's trying to be townread. This feeling makes SC's reads on Kitty and Drew more interesting to me. They townread Kitty because he's not trying to be townread but they scumread Drew for not trying to solve. I'm not really understanding that
I don't know why that's hard to understand, this is something that happens in every mafia game ever. Different people - different reads, even if on surface level it's similar.

The impression I had gotten from Kitty is "making posts without caring how he is perceived" and the impression I had gotten on Drew was "making posts to make posts but without an actual intent to solve".

This read did change in light of Drew's recent posting, though.
Hydra of usesPython (They/Them) and DragonEater70 (He/Him)

Conveniently color coded:
Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by Something Cool »

In post 418, Sakura Hana wrote: I really hope scum has some night actions to make this game more interesting coz im very bored with just "find 3 townies and autowin".
I agree with this btw

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by Night Lights »

In post 452, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 450, Night Lights wrote: It kinda feels like she was trying to pretend like the scumreads didn't bother her but I think it's pretty obvious they do.
I dont think there's
anyone
that is never bothered by scumreads.
In post 450, Night Lights wrote: I don't think it's scummy to be bothered by scumreads but trying to play it off like your not bothered doesn't feel great
It doesn't really. It's like a bunch of bottled emotions.
I despise getting scumread as town. It makes me paranoid, it feels like I'm playing bad and I'm failing at my objective and it has caused me to lose motivation to play before

I really hope you know this is just a game and I'm not personally attacking you by thinking you could be scum. I want you to enjoy the game <3
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by Something Cool »

In post 421, Sakura Hana wrote: VOTE: Drew
I feel like the path to victory here is to do the opposite of what Hu Tao wants.
So since hu tao says im scum with drew then ill vote drew.
I get where you're coming from, but I'm not sure if that plan is the wisest because scum!Hu Tao can just SR her partners this way?

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by Something Cool »

In post 442, Alianna wrote:
In post 422, Something Cool wrote:
In post 371, Alianna wrote:
In post 369, Night Lights wrote:
In post 358, Alianna wrote:
In post 356, Aureal wrote: I feel like Hu wouldn't ever expect to get enlightened herself if she pushed a scumKitty wagon through here based on ~vibes~ :o
I mean, there's also the WIFOM aspect of "no scum is crazy enough to push their scumbuddy through 24 hours into the game because vibes." :lol:
Yep I thought this too, but I decided it's probably not very likely

Can you stop being so town
I can lurk and then you won't have to read "I townread Alianna" so much. And then I won't have to actually put in the effort to get properly caught up! It's a win-win situation! :lol:
Considering that today's spare is like either you or Kitty, I do agree you could lurk if you wanted to. But if you have any useful reads that'd be nice.
I would not expect my reads to be useful if I were you, accuracy is not one of my strong points lol.

P-edit: I actually like it because I tend to prefer townhunting over scumhunting anyway.

I also prefer townhunting, but townhunting works best when people scumhunt, lol.

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by Alianna »

Update from bottom of page 10 (reading through this game verrrrrry sloooooowwwwwlllllyy): Python has good vibes and Dragon has weird vibes and has really weird vibes and it looks like Black noticed the vibes too. Once again not sure if I'd call it scummy though.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by Something Cool »

In post 450, Night Lights wrote:
feels like a stark contrast from some of the things Sakura was saying earlier. It kinda feels like she was trying to pretend like the scumreads didn't bother her but I think it's pretty obvious they do. I don't think it's scummy to be bothered by scumreads but trying to play it off like your not bothered doesn't feel great

In post 196, Sakura Hana wrote: That being said, im pretty sure my fame as a scum player will prevent me from being obvtown moving forward anyway so im probably not gonna care if im enlightened or not.
In post 218, Sakura Hana wrote: Nevertheless i'm never being enligthened so, feel free to scumread me, not gonna change my fate anyway.
In post 220, Sakura Hana wrote: As i said before im too exhausted from my previous game to even bother reversing any scumreads this game, specially since i dont need to, all i need is to find 3 town.
Are you real? I think Sakura has been consistently saying that she's not feeling it and kinda despaired because she's being scumread. This is mega consistent.

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by Something Cool »

In post 458, Alianna wrote: Update from bottom of page 10 (reading through this game verrrrrry sloooooowwwwwlllllyy): Python has good vibes and Dragon has weird vibes and has really weird vibes and it looks like Black noticed the vibes too. Once again not sure if I'd call it scummy though.
When do I not have weird vibes on Day 1?

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 455, Night Lights wrote: I really hope you know this is just a game and I'm not personally attacking you by thinking you could be scum.
I know, you're either town legit scumreading me or scum doing it's job but.
I literally came here and i get scumread, im like "ok fine, after snowing so many people on my last 2 scum games it's expected anyway"
then a bunch of other people start scumreading me and im like "well if im gonna be scumread no matter what i do i might as well just troll a bit to at least enjoy a game that's gonna be autowin"
And then i get scumread for trolling as well so im like "why am i even playing this game"
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by Something Cool »

K sorry for the hyperposting I'ma go now.

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Something Cool »

Wait I STILL didn't overtake Black in posts despite the hyperposting??? Wtf.

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 460, Something Cool wrote:
In post 458, Alianna wrote: Update from bottom of page 10 (reading through this game verrrrrry sloooooowwwwwlllllyy): Python has good vibes and Dragon has weird vibes and has really weird vibes and it looks like Black noticed the vibes too.
Once again not sure if I'd call it scummy though.
When do I not have weird vibes on Day 1?
See highlighted sentence.
That is correct, should have been more explicit.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by Night Lights »

In post 459, Something Cool wrote:
In post 450, Night Lights wrote:

Are you real? I think Sakura has been consistently saying that she's not feeling it and kinda despaired because she's being scumread. This is mega consistent.
Bro are you even reading my posts? I just pointed out three of her posts that makes it seem like she doesn't care about getting scumread. So they either bother her and she was pretending that they didn't or they don't bother her. I don't know what's so hard to understand about and it low-key feels like you are trying to white knight her rn
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 291, Something Cool wrote:
In post 288, Night Lights wrote:
In post 287, Something Cool wrote:
A perfect game would require 0 jesters to be widely townread and 3/7 townies to be widely townread, do you think that's likely to happen this game?

-Python
I think it's generally easier to find town than scum, so it's possible. I'm not sure the liklihood though
Playerlist is:
  1. Gamma Emerald
  2. Doctor Drew
  3. Alianna
  4. Hu Tao
  5. KittyTacky
  6. Sakura Hana
  7. Something Cool [DragonEater70 + usesPython]
  8. Aureal
  9. Night Lights [Black + Alisae]
Drew is always scummy, Sakura's expressed an interest of taking it chill this game, Kitty's meh, We're beefing so that'll split the playerlist

That leaves:
  1. Gamma Emerald
  2. Alianna
  3. Hu Tao
  4. Aureal
Odds of a perfect game where we only lim consensus town doesn't look good to us tbh

-Python

You seem to be missing an opinion on a slot here... :igmeou:

*trying not to panic at the thought of the hydras being scum together*
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 307, Something Cool wrote:
Also Black I think I was subconsciously still thinking that scum had an ability to interfere with day play (aka nightkills) when I suggested the plan of not sparing consensus towns. So you are probably right that just doing consensus town works the best here.
Dragon, how many jesters do you think are in this game?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by Night Lights »

In post 461, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 455, Night Lights wrote: I really hope you know this is just a game and I'm not personally attacking you by thinking you could be scum.
I literally came here and i get scumread, im like "ok fine, after snowing so many people on my last 2 scum games it's expected anyway"
then a bunch of other people start scumreading me and im like "well if im gonna be scumread no matter what i do i might as well just troll a bit to at least enjoy a game that's gonna be autowin"
And then i get scumread for trolling as well so im like "why am i even playing this game"
I get it

Fwiw I think this sorta feels like townie frustration because I can relate to it, but I've been burned by AtE before so I'm not willing to commit to that read yet
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Night Lights »

In post 466, Aureal wrote: ...

You seem to be missing an opinion on a slot here...

*trying not to panic at the thought of the hydras being scum together*
He did say we were beefing
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by Night Lights »

They*

Thought Dragon wrote that
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 311, Something Cool wrote:
In post 308, Aureal wrote: So you decided to ask me something random rather than say, answer the question I asked you right off the bat which remains unanswered? :igmeou:
What question is that?
This is gonna be one of those games, huh? :neutral:
In post 140, Aureal wrote:
In post 132, Something Cool wrote:
You wanna TvT, don't you?
No.
Alianna faking cluelessness?
Alianna faking cluelessness again?
You think those are faking?

- do I even need to sign?
Yes I have no idea who you are.
In post 308, Aureal wrote: Why do you think Kitty is over random to be town?
He doesn't feel like he's trying to be townread
This doesn't really feel like a thought you would typically have. More like, you'd be annoyed at him not giving reads.
-furtiveglance
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 390, Night Lights wrote:
In post 372, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 274, Something Cool wrote:
In post 270, Gamma Emerald wrote: Why Kitty?
After Hu Tao said she's confidently TRing him I did an ISO of him and I think he's nulltown.

I also think that mechanically it's more optimal to spare a nulltown on Day 1 than a top townread
UNLESS
we have reason to think that lowering enlightenment/increasing enlightenment has a mechanical effect beside advancing us toward wincon (EX: a town role that only works at 1+ enlightenment would make us want to spare a confident townread Day 1).

Pedit: I am also fine with doing Alianna. What's making you doubt your Hu Tao read?
I know this is modWIFOM but this seems like the kind of mod to make complex games so enlightenment definitely affects SOMETHING.

However! I just realized. To reduce swing and give negative feedback, what if enlightenment buffs evils?

UNVOTE:

WIFOM wifom...
In post 381, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 295, Night Lights wrote:
In post 291, Something Cool wrote: Odds of a perfect game where we only lim consensus town doesn't look good to us tbh
I think with the confirmation that Enlightenment can go into the negative it would be super risky to fade anyone close to null D1. I could be wrong but I absolutely think we should go for the towniest player here
Right right right I thought it was capped at zero. nvm what I said.

VOTE: Something Cool
Uhh...was this you considering fading a scummy player to avoid an enlightenment buff?
I was going forward with the plan to fade a nulltown player instead but I realized it's dumb. I have a stream of consciousness way of playing.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 468, Night Lights wrote:
In post 461, Sakura Hana wrote:
I get it

Fwiw I think this sorta feels like townie frustration because I can relate to it, but I've been burned by AtE before so I'm not willing to commit to that read yet
I wasnt expecting you to commit to it. You don't even need to, just need to find 3 townies and we're done here.
Anyway, rant's over, im going to do what i said what i was gonna do and only post votes and unvotes from here on out since that's all you guys need from me anyway.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh right... plurality, so dont even need my vote either.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”