Mini Normal 2313: I am sitting in a room (game over)

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 2849, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m fine with Wiz, don’t worry—after all, it’s miles better than how Bob misspelled my name as “Ami.”

And thank y’all! I just don’t know how well my playing dumb strategy will work next time now that I have more experience under my belt. :wink:
lol same, he called me 'Meryl' :lol:
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Merlyn »

a final pagetop, thank you scum gods
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:19 am

Post by Skygazer »

Merlyn your new avi is great
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:30 am

Post by Black »

In post 2852, Skygazer wrote: Merlyn your new avi is great
+1! Absolutely adorable
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:45 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 2853, Black wrote:
+1! Absolutely adorable
:heart: :heart:
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:21 am

Post by BlackStar »

I felt like your posts came across as disingenuous, Wiz. It just seemed like you were trying way too hard to come across as concerned and level-headed at all moments in time, which most members of the town aren't able to manage. But you did a great job of adapting to the situation and trying to offer up other targets of suspicion.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:05 am

Post by pisskop »

I look forward to a rematch wiz.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:19 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 2855, BlackStar wrote: I felt like your posts came across as disingenuous, Wiz. It just seemed like you were trying way too hard to come across as concerned and level-headed at all moments in time, which most members of the town aren't able to manage. But you did a great job of adapting to the situation and trying to offer up other targets of suspicion.

Oh, yeah, you had me in your sights really early and never let up—was the honestly about half the reason I kept on pushing you for elimination. You were so dogged about it—probably would’ve sunk us handily if you had another day or two to convince everyone.

I really think that, if in your next game people are more willing to listen to you, you’d be a really hard scumhunter to beat.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:44 am

Post by bob3141 »

I would say scum shouldnt feel bad about losing as this set up was heavily townsided as the mason/babysitter gatting only being roaming was a little broken. Allowing a defacto 4 clear block to form by day 2 and unless scum hit the babysitter night 1 or 2 then you would still get that fourth clear.

Funnilly enough although i was town ive always been in habbit of picking who i would nk as scum (as town its me looking for town pr). but i would killed charles n1 as i sensed a mason. Then titus N2 as she made it quite clear that they had a vengful role.

pretty much by day 2 this game was lock town win just by mech
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:36 am

Post by bob3141 »

But even if scum nk mason/babysit then you still have 1 vig (town kill plus veng kill) and both those could still end up landing on scum.

with 2 solveable roles left and one sure clear and a very usable role left. so 4 nights with 3 dictated nk even if scum hit babysitter n1 with high likelyhood of one scum being killed by either vengful or mistaken babysitter
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:01 am

Post by Skygazer »

I mean scum came really close to winning. It was never a forgone conclusion until Annie accidentally told on himself with the last night kill. I think the babysitter mechanic can be pretty swingy and that could have easily killed a conftown or obvtown player by accident. Roaming did not work as well to gate as I thought it would, primarily because scum didn't know about the roaming modifier and couldn't adjust accordingly.

People were still trying to kill Hu Tao despite the soft clear. Your slot was very killable too. Black maybe could have been misyeeted with a good fakeclaim from scum. And the four 1-shot ____ cop thing could have set scum up looking good off of setup spec for a bit imo (but no telling exactly how that would have worked out if Merlyn true-claimed).

So yeah it probably could have been balanced better but the bigger problem was just swing, I don't think the balance was like egregious or anything.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:05 am

Post by Skygazer »

I will say that as this game played out, my appetite to design normals that are on the complexer side of things kind of dissipated.
i have the most queues
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2861, Skygazer wrote: I will say that as this game played out, my appetite to design normals that are on the complexer side of things kind of dissipated.
2 mafia with 4 traitors when?
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:33 am

Post by pisskop »

I really did like the babysitter mechanic, and Romain was a nice twist
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:03 am

Post by Skygazer »

i prefer arugula
i have the most queues
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:05 am

Post by pisskop »

I should try that.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:53 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2860, Skygazer wrote: I mean scum came really close to winning. It was never a forgone conclusion until Annie accidentally told on himself with the last night kill. I think the babysitter mechanic can be pretty swingy and that could have easily killed a conftown or obvtown player by accident. Roaming did not work as well to gate as I thought it would, primarily because scum didn't know about the roaming modifier and couldn't adjust accordingly.

People were still trying to kill Hu Tao despite the soft clear. Your slot was very killable too. Black maybe could have been misyeeted with a good fakeclaim from scum. And the four 1-shot ____ cop thing could have set scum up looking good off of setup spec for a bit imo (but no telling exactly how that would have worked out if Merlyn true-claimed).

So yeah it probably could have been balanced better but the bigger problem was just swing, I don't think the balance was like egregious or anything.
I didnt intend to imply egregious but just heavily. Although to clarify i do generally see normals in general being far too town sided to begin with. The issue was that the base setup was balanced on paper par usual balancing but that roaming modifier is usually seen as far stronger gatting than it actual is. And complex games are hard to balance as you start needing to take account of psychology. Which makes roaming in effect nearly as strong as ungated as the goal may be open but scum has no way of ever knowing.

Overall the set up was nice its just the game hit an edge case so thats what i meant about lock win for town on day 2. Just need gatting to add ambiguity or delay pay off from one shot cop roles for town

My slot wasnt really killable although that more due to my endgame i tried setting up in day 2. the whole macho thing had two objectives, bait scum into giving themselves away in the thread and the main one get huo tao into endgame if they were town. But its not an easy game for scum once all the Nk are rail roaded.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”