BooneyToonz XVIII: Lights, Faeries, Action! [END]

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Something Cool »

I feel like as town you tend to have a more flowy state where you push people for being scum without really being invested in it that I'm not seeing in your Sakura push, idk how to explain it

-Python
Hydra of usesPython (They/Them) and DragonEater70 (He/Him)

Conveniently color coded:
Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 649, Something Cool wrote: You should know by now
Nah, I don't really keep track of other player's behavior that well. I try but my memory is shit so I end up forgetting a lot

What about my Sakura read did you feel was unreasonable?
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 650, Something Cool wrote: I feel like as town you tend to have a more flowy state where you push people for being scum without really being invested in it that I'm not seeing in your Sakura push, idk how to explain it

-Python
This might be true. I feel like I'm getting better at the whole town thing though. I'm evolving
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 643, Something Cool wrote:
In post 632, Night Lights wrote:
I think reducing the Day to "me, you, and Python arguing" and "people townreading Alianna" isn't fair and isn't true. There's been a lot more than that and it's only been 2 days into the game

Why has your opinion changed on ending the Day early? I'm not really buying the above as a legit reason
In short, both Python and I feel like we're crowding the thread, and I personally feel drained by this day phase.

Maybe you are right and we are getting more content to read off of, I just feel frustrated with how the game is going, because it feels either it's going to be a boring town sweep, or a torturous slow trudge through the day phases.
So what you’re saying is you regret spamming the thread to double the original length in the span of 8 hours?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:54 am

Post by Night Lights »

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 649, Something Cool wrote:
In post 647, Night Lights wrote:
In post 644, Something Cool wrote:
In post 617, Night Lights wrote:
Why am I scum
You kinda had a low key unreasonableness vibe when interacting with Sakura that I don't think you'd have as town

-Python
Hmm. Ok. I'd have to check the town games you've played with me to see if this is a real thought you'd have but I'm feeling pretty lazy atm

I feel like I was somewhat unreasonable in F&I but I could be wrong. Do you have an opinion on this?
You should know by now that we pretty much only ever make "real thought" type pushes as scum anyways, especially d1.

And the only thing I remember about FaI is us pushing Drew and Bulge for the most tinfoil pre-flip associatives on the planet

-Python
Ha, at least you finally admit it Python.

Also, I think Python and I are similar in that 90% of what we do as scum would be exactly we do as town. I have admired Python for being able to read me correctly as a whole when others consider me some 'weird unreadable enigma' lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 651, Night Lights wrote:
In post 649, Something Cool wrote: You should know by now
Nah, I don't really keep track of other player's behavior that well. I try but my memory is shit so I end up forgetting a lot

What about my Sakura read did you feel was unreasonable?
This sticks out a bit to me, too much fireball?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t see myself voting for Night Lights this game ever
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 657, Gamma Emerald wrote: I don’t see myself voting for Night Lights this game ever
Shocker!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 657, Gamma Emerald wrote: I don’t see myself voting for Night Lights this game ever
My opinion on them isn't as strong, but I get the sentiment.

I do wish Ali would post though, much like Alianna they will obv town at some point if town.

Black, please allow Ali out of the basement please.
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Night Lights »

In post 659, Doctor Drew wrote: I do wish Ali would post though
Yeah me too

This is the second time I've hydra'd, both of them with a hyper poster (was with Shea last time), and both times they just... didn't post
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by Night Lights »

Whatever. Probably just gonna lurk for awhile
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 610, Something Cool wrote:
In post 602, Aureal wrote: Also I asked for your input on potential night actions. :(
Missed it the first time. If town have night actions it's gonna be any of:
  • A protective action if jesters have a nightkill
  • A low power investigative role that doesn't get red/green checks like Motion Detector, Detective, or Role Cop (Can't be high power because a red check mechanically autowins the game and a green check is also strong as hell)
  • A low power co-ordination role like Neighborizer or Messenger (Can't be something like Mason because that probably autowins town the game)
-Python
You seem pretty convinced that there should be a nightkill though, and having a protective in that case also has investigative power because blocking a kill on someone means they're clear. There would likely be some question still of whether there just wasn't a nightkill at all or it was blocked, depending on the timing, but it could still be decent info. Which seems a little unbalanced if there's nightkills. And how would there even be nightkills, when it's a fact there isn't a factional one and vig is apparently restricted to town only? Could there be some sort of two-part killing action that requires two jesters to both use their action in order to make a kill? Something along the lines of arsonist where a target is marked and killed later?

On the other hand, if there's no nightkills, why is there even nights when there can't reasonably be useful investigations either? Nights are basically about play and counter-play around the primary thing each faction uses to try to get an advantage- kills and investigations.

You and Dragon don't seem to be on the same page with this- you're talking like you expect 7/2 with nightkills. Dragon seems to have talked himself out of the idea that there's nightkills though, by his backtracking on the idea that voting a more null slot like Kitty early would be a good idea.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 650, Something Cool wrote: I feel like as town you tend to have a more flowy state where you push people for being scum without really being invested in it that I'm not seeing in your Sakura push, idk how to explain it

-Python
Mmm

Black is more aggressively focused on her pushes as scum whereas she pushes in more places but less vigorously? Something like that?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 663, Aureal wrote: Mmm

Black is more aggressively focused on her pushes as scum whereas
when town
she pushes in more places but less vigorously? Something like that?
-furtiveglance
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Something Cool »

In post 662, Aureal wrote:
In post 610, Something Cool wrote:
In post 602, Aureal wrote: Also I asked for your input on potential night actions. :(
Missed it the first time. If town have night actions it's gonna be any of:
  • A protective action if jesters have a nightkill
  • A low power investigative role that doesn't get red/green checks like Motion Detector, Detective, or Role Cop (Can't be high power because a red check mechanically autowins the game and a green check is also strong as hell)
  • A low power co-ordination role like Neighborizer or Messenger (Can't be something like Mason because that probably autowins town the game)
-Python
You seem pretty convinced that there should be a nightkill though, and having a protective in that case also has investigative power because blocking a kill on someone means they're clear. There would likely be some question still of whether there just wasn't a nightkill at all or it was blocked, depending on the timing, but it could still be decent info. Which seems a little unbalanced if there's nightkills. And how would there even be nightkills, when it's a fact there isn't a factional one and vig is apparently restricted to town only? Could there be some sort of two-part killing action that requires two jesters to both use their action in order to make a kill? Something along the lines of arsonist where a target is marked and killed later?

On the other hand, if there's no nightkills, why is there even nights when there can't reasonably be useful investigations either? Nights are basically about play and counter-play around the primary thing each faction uses to try to get an advantage- kills and investigations.

You and Dragon don't seem to be on the same page with this- you're talking like you expect 7/2 with nightkills. Dragon seems to have talked himself out of the idea that there's nightkills though, by his backtracking on the idea that voting a more null slot like Kitty early would be a good idea.
Jailkeeper would keep the nightkill ambiguity, and the specific wording is that Dark Jesters do not have a factional kill
by default
so you can make it work without being bastard by just gating the nightkill behind LE or by requiring a Jester gets limmed to use it

-Python

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 661, Night Lights wrote:
Whatever. Probably just gonna lurk for awhile
No Ali, come back if you are town.
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Something Cool »

Actually hot take, if there's night actions but no nightkills is it worth it to no lim?

-Python

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 667, Something Cool wrote: Actually hot take, if there's night actions but no nightkills is it worth it to no lim?

-Python

Okay fine, maybe you can have a townread after all.

Though I bet you'd be better at faking this than Snivy. :igmeou:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 665, Something Cool wrote: Jailkeeper would keep the nightkill ambiguity, and the specific wording is that Dark Jesters do not have a factional kill
by default
so you can make it work without being bastard by just gating the nightkill behind LE or by requiring a Jester gets limmed to use it
JK is just an extra layer of ambiguity about
what part
the JK's target played in the kill attempt: killer or target, it doesn't make it any more ambiguous whether there was a kill than a standard doc protect would be. I guess gating it where the enlightenment level is 1+ would fit, though.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

Likewise, I suppose it wouldn't be completely out of the question for there to be an investigative that only works at level 2 (which should only happen when there's only one more town than jester I think?) because forcing a 1v1 isn't an autowin there.
-furtiveglance
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by Something Cool »

In post 670, Aureal wrote: Likewise, I suppose it wouldn't be completely out of the question for there to be an investigative that only works at level 2 (which should only happen when there's only one more town than jester I think?) because forcing a 1v1 isn't an autowin there.
Forcing a 1v1 is always an autowin in 7/2 because you just make everyone vote outside of the 1v1 until you either win or hit 2/1 and just vote for the person not in the 1v1 and win from plurality rules

-Python

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by Something Cool »

Actually a 1v1 is an autowin in 6/3 as well, as long as the setup can reach 2/1 LE 2+ a 1f1 wins the game

-Python

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Aureal »

Okay yeah, I see what you meant about only being able to have two nightkills, so just being tied to the LE is inadequate.

Spoiler: a few examples
Start: (LE0) 7:2 -Jester (LE -1) 7:1
D2: -Patron (LE0) 6:1
D3: -Patron (LE1) 5:1
D4: NK -Patron (LE1) 4:1 -Patron (LE2) 3:1
D5: NK - Patron (LE2) 2:1

Start: (LE0) 7:2 -Patron (LE 1) 6:2
D2: NK -Patron (LE1) 5:2 -Patron (LE2) 4:2
D3: NK -Patron (LE2) 3:2

Start: (LE0) 7:2 -Patron (LE 1) 6:2
D2: NK -Patron (LE1) 5:2 -Jester (LE0) 5:1
D3: (LE0) 5:1 -Patron (LE1) 4:1
D4: NK -Patron (LE1) 3:1 -Patron (LE2) 2:1
D5: NK -Patron 1:1 is game over

If this is how the game will play out, with us being forced into a situation where town only outnumber jesters by one regardless of how successful we are, does that counter-balance the difficulty of jesters needing to all be voted out? Hmmm
-furtiveglance
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 603, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 412, Hu Tao wrote: Kitty is more reserved as scum. And he seems free here. I could tell from the first few posts
:igmeou:
I'm town.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”