Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 2023, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 2008, Skygazer wrote: but i think (and deeply hope) the game will probably end before i actually have to start casing dann
Of all the people to mind meld with....
my brain can function sometimes !!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I realise I probably am coming across more.shady than I mean x
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1818, JupiterXV wrote: also no deaths AGAIN? is scum deliberately making no kills?? why are they doing this that makes no sense
In post 1819, JupiterXV wrote: scum if ur seeing this thanks for making us win easier
scum posts
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 2021, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 1998, Aisa wrote:
In post 1994, OutWorldER wrote: Like, I think it's really convenient for Aisa that she's entirely absent when Black is getting run up. And Aisa also seemed to be less active during D2 and her play around T3 just kinda comes off as wanting to defend T3 and trying to get him out of his situation while also not wanting to be implicated herself.
You may like to consider that when I last posted on Day 1 I was voting T3, who was the largest wagon (viewtopic.php?p=14005598#p14005598)
Okay?? Black votes literally right after you, and we know Black was Maf. There's no reason that can't be a bus, especially when it was very obvious that the momentum was shifting to T3 as people were souring on the Kurta wagon.
Sure, I'm aware that could be interpreted as a bus and I'm fine with you thinking that. Just thought it was worth a shot to point out that I probably wasn't avoiding the thread to avoid voting scum - I was already voting scum after all.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1331, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 1172, Titus wrote:
In post 1170, Dannflor wrote: I would vote kurtapika before T3
We can eliminate both of them but I feel much stronger on T3. The difference is like night and day.
to add my own opinion on the matter: i don't have strong opinions on either. i used to hard scumread kurta but idk they haven't done anything at all i think it's kind of hard to scumread someone lurky
In post 1365, JupiterXV wrote: @titus yeah that makes sense, i can see where you're coming from. personally i really don't think t3 is as likely to be partnered with black as a lot of you do (and i also personally think that black's other partners are probably less obvious).
i also genuinely do not buy that, if t3 were scum, that he would've submitted the kill. like not for one second- he was the consensus wagon on d1 up until black fucked up
In post 1378, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 1366, OutWorldER wrote: I think I could buy T3 submitting the kill if Titus is just correct and it's Black/T3/Kurta because at that point it just becomes a 50/50.
i mean it's hard to buy t3 submitting the kill if there's no proof of it lol
were i in t3's position i would have my partner submit it, regardless of how scummy they are
In post 1393, JupiterXV wrote: gang what're the chances that afrayed and t3 are partnered
In post 1647, JupiterXV wrote: read a bit and fonna make my thoughts as consice as possible cuz typing on a phone is painful
- t3 is the lim that makes the most mechanical sense
- hiwever i think his ate leans towny his reactions seem very genuine. im reluctant to vote him
- if titus doesnt die does this game turn into something like "follow the cop" but with jailkeeper? does doc have limited protects in a row or can we keep titus alive forever
- limpoop for me is between kurta, project, aisa, and maybe ccs havent seen much from thst slot
scum posts
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:45 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Eh...I'm having trouble seeing it.

I did have a realization though that scum have the option to concede so I kind of don't want to dismiss it outright because the fact that they haven't speaks to either a good position or a large amount of motivation.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:55 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 2003, Dannflor wrote: hope you're doing ok jupiter!
In post 2004, Skygazer wrote:
In post 2003, Dannflor wrote: hope you're doing ok jupiter!
^ same!!
hi i'm ok dw. was just checking up with doctor, the plan was to get stitches removed today but they weren't healed well enough so i couldnt
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:56 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 2028, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1818, JupiterXV wrote: also no deaths AGAIN? is scum deliberately making no kills?? why are they doing this that makes no sense
In post 1819, JupiterXV wrote: scum if ur seeing this thanks for making us win easier
scum posts
how? it didn't make sense to me
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:58 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 2030, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1331, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 1172, Titus wrote:
In post 1170, Dannflor wrote: I would vote kurtapika before T3
We can eliminate both of them but I feel much stronger on T3. The difference is like night and day.
to add my own opinion on the matter: i don't have strong opinions on either. i used to hard scumread kurta but idk they haven't done anything at all i think it's kind of hard to scumread someone lurky
In post 1365, JupiterXV wrote: @titus yeah that makes sense, i can see where you're coming from. personally i really don't think t3 is as likely to be partnered with black as a lot of you do (and i also personally think that black's other partners are probably less obvious).
i also genuinely do not buy that, if t3 were scum, that he would've submitted the kill. like not for one second- he was the consensus wagon on d1 up until black fucked up
In post 1378, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 1366, OutWorldER wrote: I think I could buy T3 submitting the kill if Titus is just correct and it's Black/T3/Kurta because at that point it just becomes a 50/50.
i mean it's hard to buy t3 submitting the kill if there's no proof of it lol
were i in t3's position i would have my partner submit it, regardless of how scummy they are
In post 1393, JupiterXV wrote: gang what're the chances that afrayed and t3 are partnered
In post 1647, JupiterXV wrote: read a bit and fonna make my thoughts as consice as possible cuz typing on a phone is painful
- t3 is the lim that makes the most mechanical sense
- hiwever i think his ate leans towny his reactions seem very genuine. im reluctant to vote him
- if titus doesnt die does this game turn into something like "follow the cop" but with jailkeeper? does doc have limited protects in a row or can we keep titus alive forever
- limpoop for me is between kurta, project, aisa, and maybe ccs havent seen much from thst slot
scum posts
i genuinely thought there was a chance that t3 could've flipped town, though... i don't think it's fair to scumread me based on this
why would i, as scum, defend t3 even though he was clearly going to die? didn't you try to defend him too? why am
i
the scummy one here???
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:59 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 1365, JupiterXV wrote: @titus yeah that makes sense, i can see where you're coming from. personally i really don't think t3 is as likely to be partnered with black as a lot of you do
like i'm pretty sure i touched on the reasons behind this point too- black looked like she spewed t3 as town w that intent to hammer post
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

scum posts
wait didnt u say 1818 was towny... im confused now man
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by ProjEctRy »

In post 2024, Bellaphant wrote: Project over Jupiter, surely? Honestly I'd kind of be down to lim aisa just to get it out of the way, but I'm also tipsy.
Feeling lost but in regards to recent posts I town read this from Bella. If she was the last remaining scum she wouldn’t care whether it was me or Jupiter. There isn’t much need for scum to make such comment / question this.

I’m only really certain on Titus for obvious reasons. Dann I feel has to be town due to setting up the Black wagon, but there is just something about him I don’t trust. Otherwise, everyone else I’m largely unsure of. I’ve had suspicions of people, but they are never shared by other people so I lose confidence in them.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

also i just remembered afrayed made a comment on me being new to the site- just wanted to clarify that i've been playing mafia for two years and i'm not new to mafia in the slightest
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

would you be able to share past completed games of yours?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2036, JupiterXV wrote: wait didnt u say 1818 was towny... im confused now man
i am a fickle man and changed my mind
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

also like my old account on this site was yeezys so if you want you can read my only game on there where i was like 12 and also had the most atrocious townplay known to mankind
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2033, JupiterXV wrote:
scum posts
how? it didn't make sense to me
there is something somewhat unbelievable to me that you've played mafia for several years and yet you also couldn't fathom a situation where scum would ever deliberately no-kill

perhaps it can be chalked up to site meta but it feels over the top

i also think in general scum are more likely to have big reactions to the events (or non-events) of night actions
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 2039, Dannflor wrote: would you be able to share past completed games of yours?
i can link you to stuff on AoPS but my only two recent completed games on there are incredibly bad and i am SO INCREDIBLY spiteful towards newbies (who i was playing with at the time, who were also maybe in the age pool of 10-12) so actually uh
be warned
i have one thats a scumgame and another thats a towngame
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by ProjEctRy »

In post 2041, JupiterXV wrote: also like my old account on this site was yeezys so if you want you can read my only game on there where i was like 12 and
also had the most atrocious townplay known to mankind
Think I can give you a run for your money on that! :wink:
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 2042, Dannflor wrote: there is something somewhat unbelievable to me that you've played mafia for several years and yet you also couldn't fathom a situation where scum would ever deliberately no-kill
but where is the situation?? there is literally no strategic advantage. i could always coast a nightless as scum but it's always quicker to root out people who are potential threats and move the game on.
no killing is just stupid and means scum has too much time on their hands.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 2044, ProjEctRy wrote:
In post 2041, JupiterXV wrote: also like my old account on this site was yeezys so if you want you can read my only game on there where i was like 12 and
also had the most atrocious townplay known to mankind
Think I can give you a run for your money on that! :wink:
project, i literally signed myself up to be pocketed in my first game on this site
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1647, JupiterXV wrote: - if titus doesnt die does this game turn into something like "follow the cop" but with jailkeeper?
does doc have limited protects in a row or can we keep titus alive forever
In post 1847, JupiterXV wrote:
oh, i thought about doc. doc can't protect the same person twice in a row,
so they can't be on titus n3 since titus claimed d2
idk i also think this is kinda weird

like first you ask if the doctor can protect titus over and over

and later you for some reason just assume that they can't

that feels unnatural if you started out unsure and were hypothesizing the game might turn into follow the cop

it seems like maybe you were trying to force a town slip by seeming uninformed by how the setup works
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2045, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 2042, Dannflor wrote: there is something somewhat unbelievable to me that you've played mafia for several years and yet you also couldn't fathom a situation where scum would ever deliberately no-kill
but where is the situation?? there is literally no strategic advantage. i could always coast a nightless as scum but it's always quicker to root out people who are potential threats and move the game on.
i mean this doesn't really make sense

why is scum not killing then

obviously it's because they will start generating clears as soon as they do because whoever titus targets will then be clear

surely you understand that by now
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 2043, JupiterXV wrote: i can link you to stuff on AoPS
fyi my username there is "adrastea"

okay here's my scumgame, occurred in summer https://artofproblemsolving.com/communi ... efest_2023

and here's my more recent towngame, which i played in prior to leaving the site. there are a few posts deleted in the second one because i had an outburst due to poor mental health and the site administrators yelled at me. just to explain why there might be gaps. /shrug https://artofproblemsolving.com/community/c49h3172821

would reccomend reading scumgame before towngame, in the second game there are meta arguments made against me based on my scumplay in the first game
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 2048, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2045, JupiterXV wrote:
i mean this doesn't really make sense

why is scum not killing then

obviously it's because they will start generating clears as soon as they do because whoever titus targets will then be clear

surely you understand that by now
oh

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”