Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Elmo »

StrangerCoug wrote:I already named my other suspects—you and
MiteyMouse
Uh, where did you name her as a suspect?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Elmo wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I already named my other suspects—you and
MiteyMouse
Uh, where did you name her as a suspect?
StrangerCoug wrote:I think it's obvious that I like an Apothecary lynch better, but
I see the case on MiteyMouse
, and I think LlamaFluff is scummier than Ythill. There are still some things I don't like about Cephrir (mostly early today), but I have more reason right now to believe Cephrir is town than scum.
I think seeing the case on somebody implies that that somebody is a suspect. My top three suspects in order are Apothecary, LlamaFluff, and MiteyMouse.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count

Apothecary 4 - (StrangerCoug, MacavityLock, Corvuus, Qwints)
Ythill 1 - (LLamaFluff)
Cephrir 1 - (MiteyMouse)
MiteyMouse 2 - (Elmo, Cephrir)
Qwints 1 - (Ythill)

Not voting 2 - (Apothecary, Jazzmyn)

With eleven players alive, it takes six votes to lynch.

Deadline is 18th December 10 pm GMT.

Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Apothecary »

Wait, Ceph, I thought you wanted to lynch me? I mean, you seemed pretty content with all of it.
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:Ythill - You claim qwints/Atlas is scum given that he showed knowledge that Apoc is town in 630? I read it as coaching but not necessarily scum-town coaching since he nearly said "do A B C and I will unvote you". I dont see the motivation of scum telling town what to do in order to not get lynched.
You must see something in what I've brought up, because you're not spouting the Ythill-is-scum-protecting-his-buddy theory I'd expect from you at this point.
I sort of see what you are getting it here is why, but with this whole circle of suspicions going on I really am lost. At this point its something like you think I am scum who slipped and said Atlas/qwints is town, and Apoc is my buddy, but qwints just slipped and said Apoc is town and I just am trying to look for something to get a better read on what exactly is happening here.

I think the best thing for me to do here is just to go finish up my work, get some sleep and wake up hoping to of come to a conclusion I trust about whats going on here.

Like I said, I dont see the complete scum-qwints town-apoc motivation for the coaching thing, as with a deadline where apart from apoc, MM is the only real person who could get wagoned, but that would mean a likely qwints-apoc scum team and MM town. So im a burnt out from finals and confused with all the interactions circling around here.

At deadline, I would be more inclined to vote for Apoc then for qwints just given my early reads on the two players, plus either of them would really help get a solid read on the alignment of others since they seem to be the center of attention.

@Apoc - Vote please?
@SC and Ceph - Is MM or Apoc scummier? Why?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

LlamaFluff wrote:@SC and Ceph - Is MM or Apoc scummier? Why?
LlamaFluff, you're not reading this game. I just said which one I think is scummier four posts ago, and I've been pushing that person like mad. He's non-committal, he's misrepresented me, and a bunch of other things that it's too early in the morning for me to think about this game.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 am

Post by qwints »

confirm vote: Apoth

We've given Apoth every chance to redeem himself. My read is that he's afraid to give us anything more because he's afraid of outing his scum buddies. At this point we've gotten all we can out of him before the lynch.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Ythill »

The day is winding down and it semms as if Rx is going to be the lynch no matter what is said. I'm not entirely against this, since I've seen a fair amount of evidence against him, but I still think qwints is the better play.

Again I ask, if you are one of those who suspect SC is lying scum, why let Rx hang when SC is voting for him and pushing for his lynch?

Anyway... a little late day summary of my beliefs...

SC, Mac, Corvus, and qwints are all voting Rx. I think Mac and corvus are town. I'm undecided on SC but, really, my only points against him are buddying and the claim itself. I never did agree with the early case against him, but doc is a common scum claim and he hasn't been playing like a doc should IMO, so I'm going to watch him closely and will probably propose a future wagon on him before LYLO. Qwints is my PE#1 due to tells dropped across the replacement which is usually a very good indicator of a role's alignment.

MM was on my scum list when I arrived. The main reason was her level of participation, which seemed out-of-character for her. I have since completed a meta-scan, however, and noted that her participation level has declined similarly everywhere and so have bumped her back down to MotR. I will not take action against her until I've gotten a read on a replacement.

Llama is a tough one. His attack on me was forceful. Then I counter-attacked and backed down myself. Now he has backed down. I do see how a townie might have gone through that change of mind, but it still piques my interest a bit, because I can also see scum going for a perceived easy target, realizing the backlash potential after the fact, and taking advantage of an opportunity to avoid further bloodletting. I suppose Llama is still on my suspect list, but he's at the bottom of it.

The remaining players (Cephrir, Elmo, and Jazz) are a little harder to read. I have no comment at all on Jazz except to caution everyone that this role has been allowed to fly under the radar. Ceph I see mostly as town but there are a few small reasons to question that read. Elmo seems scummy occasionally, but mostly null. I should examine these three roles more carefully on D2, but it's kind of pointless now.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Ythill »

qwints wrote:
confirm vote: Apoth

We've given Apoth every chance to redeem himself. My read is that he's afraid to give us anything more because he's afraid of outing his scum buddies. At this point we've gotten all we can out of him before the lynch.
This push is interesting.

At this point, Rx will be the deadline lynch in just over two days. You say that he is, "afraid to give us anything more," but it is you who seems to be rushing the day.

Do you feel it will hurt the town to let this lynch happen at deadline? If yes, how? If not, why are you pushing? Also, please give any opinions you have about Llama's latest post (#654).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:34 am

Post by qwints »

Ythill wrote:The day is winding down and it seems as if Rx is going to be the lynch no matter what is said. I'm not entirely against this, since I've seen a fair amount of evidence against him, but I still think qwints is the better play.

Again I ask, if you are one of those who suspect SC is lying scum, why let Rx hang when SC is voting for him and pushing for his lynch?

Because you don't lynch a claimed doc on D1 w/o a damn good reason. Also, having a scum member on your wagon is not proof that you're town

Qwints is my PE#1 due to tells dropped across the replacement which is usually a very good indicator of a role's alignment.

I've already addressed this. I played to cover the contingency that Apoth is town because I don't know for sure that he is scum
Ythill wrote: Do you feel it will hurt the town to let this lynch happen at deadline? If yes, how? If not, why are you pushing? Also, please give any opinions you have about Llama's latest post (#654).
1. No, waiting two days won't hurt the town.
2. n/a
3. I'm just indicating that I am now more sure that Apoth is scum. The purpose is to make the case that he is the best target given the other cases (including one against me) that people are pushing.
4. I don't see much in Llama's post to reply to. It seems non-committal and maybe a little confused.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

Seeing as I'm voting MM I think it's obvious I think MM is scummier than Apoth, but I'm fine with lynching Apoth too as I've stated a lot of times.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Huntress »

OhGodMyLife replaces MiteyMouse :D
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Hey guys, nice to see some familiar faces!

I'll be caught up later tonight.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

LlamaFluff wrote:Jazz - Hows catching up going? We are close to deadline.
I am nearly finished. I've tried to update on the players whose profiles I still have outstanding as I go along, which has made it more complicated, but one way or another, I will post what I have on Wednesday.

Regards,
Jazz
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

So, as of page 15, I hate this doc claim, and SC is basically glaringly obvious scum. Can we get over the innate fear of lynching a claimed doc and make that happen or what?

Unless something surprising happens in the next 12 pages of reading I'm afraid the current leading wagon on apothecary is just gonna be your standard lurkerwagon, which at this point feels like its going to be full of fail.

Sigh. Back to reading.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by qwints »

It's simply not worth the risk of a mislynch. Maybe the doc was acting scummy to avoid being a nk target. Maybe he was just being an idiot. Or maybe SC is scum. It's just not worth it to lynch him on D1. If SC is scum and there is a doc in the game, he can counterclaim at LYLO or his being nk'd will out SC as scum.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

No, seriously, SC is scum. This is like, painful to me. There are at least three other players in this game who have expressed in no uncertain terms that they strongly believe SC is scum, despite his claim. These players should join me in lynching him, today, and not letting him squirm.

Its also really disappointing to see how much everyone seems to have bought into the obvious mollycoddling of miteymouse coming from sc's direction to make her/me his own personal fall guy.

So, we've got a bit more than 24 hours before the deadline hits. Lets get 'er done.

Unvote, Vote: StrangerCoug
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by qwints »

unvote, vote: StrangerCoug

You sound pretty confident. I agree that SC has acted quite scummy.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

My stances on everybody after a long and sometimes painful reread. I didn't realize upon replacing how little time I had before deadline, but you're welcome for finishing at least a cursory read tonight instead of waiting. I am very, very set on my town reads and my scum reads at this point. The final scum is hiding somewhere in the "meh" group. God in heaven I'm tired.

Town

Elmo
Corvuus
LlamaFluff
Qwints

Meh

Apothecary
Ythill
Jazzmyn
MacavityLock

Scumzors

Cephrir
StrangerCoug
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

unvote
vote SC

This should be able to swing by deadline
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by qwints »

That's 3 for SC and 3 for apoth.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by Ythill »

Neither is my top choice at this point, but I'll vote to hang Rx over SC if it comes down to it.

Noting the speed and ease with which Llama and qwints allowed themselves to be talked into lynching the claimed doc.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Apothecary »

This is quite an astonishing turn of events, in the couple of days I've been gone. It appears that everyone seems to have been swung rather quickly over to SC's bandwagon. Why is this? He's claimed doctor, so we should be a little more careful about our lynch here.

To qwints, why did you vote me after a single day had gone by where I failed to post? That seemed pretty odd. Was it just because we were nearing the deadline?

Where's Corvuus?
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Corvuus »

today is last day of my ASCB conference in SF so I am still V/LA to a degree but I will definitely be able to pick up speed and post by tomorrow.

However, I did come to check in (one of my other games was supposed to be at deadline for 17th) and my current impression is this:

SC I feel should die but I was willing to wait until a different day (tomorrow). I'd prefer SC to at least say something before anyone lynches him tho.

My reasoning being: If SC *is* doc, scum will NK him and we have chance of lynching scum somewhere else. If SC isn't doc but town, he will get NK'ed giving us more time. If he is scum (and doesn't die all the way until lylo) then as long as we get the other scum, it is basically game.

So while i dislike his play style and everything SC does/did, I think trying to lynch a different scum/scummy player is 'better' than the 'easy' lynch of SC. SC's alignment isn't certain to me so I think time will tell.

.... then again, lynching SC now (and if he is scum) helps for scumbuddy analysis and no mislynch.

Anyways, that is my quick thought before heading out for breakfast.

Corvuus
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:58 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I wouldn't call SC the easy lynch, its actually proving difficult to convince enough people to vote for him.

Hey, Cephrir, you're theoretically convinced enough that SC is scum to be voting me because I'm supposed to be his scumbuddy. Shouldn't you be helping lynch him before you try to lead a lynch based on positively knowing his alignment?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”