Eminence in Shadow: Season 1 [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

There is no life in those bright bear eyes
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1273, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1268, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: cant get a mislim on koba so hes gonna try to get one on me ok cool story.

tell dunnstral in the scum pt to come follow i miss that dude
You don't believe this even a little bit.
The way I am mentally confbiasing on this right now must be experienced to be believed
Bartleby the Scrivener
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1275, Cephrir wrote: There is no life in those bright bear eyes
you cant see my eyes because i have the best shades
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:11 pm

In post 1276, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1268, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: cant get a mislim on koba so hes gonna try to get one on me ok cool story.

The way I am mentally confbiasing on this right now must be experienced to be believed
cool story bro
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:19 pm

Post by Big Chungus Gaming »

In post 1257, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1057, jjh927 wrote: But yeah why is anyone still focused on STD at all?
I personally voted him because it felt like a bettlejuice when he popped in to say "Hi", i think he also noticed what had happened coz of his weird "mic check" thing he said afterwards
In post 1089, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1057, jjh927 wrote: I think I'm dropping the chuuni bit but oh well

But yeah why is anyone still focused on STD at all? Dude is never going to say anything that is alignment indicative or that is going to convince anyone of anything.
I didn’t really see much change your posting by way of the bit
What does this even mean.
In post 1091, Cephrir wrote: Patient for what I clearly stated I had no intention of answering your question

Your posturing does not scare me
What is exactly scummy about BCG and where are they posturing.
In post 1093, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: holistic reads
Only reason im quoting this is coz i've seen this word mentioned and i dont know what it means.
In post 1113, KawaiiKame wrote: This is new, inspired by Sakura
How did anything i say inspire you to reach that conclusion?
In post 1142, Klick wrote: I lean towards your sort on Dunn coming from genuinely wanting to figure out his alignment fwiw.
Personally, I agree
In post 1148, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1120, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 1117, Dunnstral wrote: VOTE: Big Chungus Gaming
in context to what I personally perceive as "waking up" and improving my posting and knowing your level of play - I find this vote bizarre for a town POV - although I see some level of reasoning plausible, I find me dropping you from my townreads justified.

because from a scum POV, this is a grab to make sure to keep me viable in reaction to me picking up my behavior.

is PP town now btw? because I think - a more logical point to go towards in your shoes, at least to me if I believed your reads as they were, I would be wanting to push PP here and see how other slots act. I know better than to project my own thought process
everything is "i find this" and not "this is"
What does this have to do with anything.
In post 1173, Dunnstral wrote: I don't find the extreme omgus and bad faith arguments coming from Big Chungus Gaming slot to be town
I don't think Pooky is town either

It is annoying to me that both are being binned as town for wall posting arguments without really reading into the arguments. That's the feeling I get at least.
I disagree that they are being townbinned just for wall posting. I assume people have read the actual arguments (At least i have)
In post 1225, Save The Dragons wrote: cephrir is clearly town here
Explain how he is
clearly
town
In post 1230, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1222, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 1220, Gamma Emerald wrote: VOTE: cephrir
I feel like this is a decently scumread player with little motion to actually start anything there, I’m changing that
VOTE: cephrir

we will see how fast the actual explanations start rolling in
I would rather die than dance for you
This is probably the only post from Ceph that gives me pause about him, and thinking he's potentially town, I dont know if it's in scum's best interest to continue pushing this when it could cause them to die.
Now onto BCG, i believe they are very clearly town. Every assesment they presented in can be backed up by evidence throughout their own ISO. You can clearly see where their thought process comes from and how it changes after research. It's very clear that they are actually researching to be able to solve the game which is a very pro-town mindset.

After this I'm gonna need very compelling reasons for why BCG is scum, or stop this push. This looks wrong and atm BCG is in very real danger of elimination due to plurality.

I personally think out of the people voting BCG right now the most likely scum is SC.
VOTE: SirCakez
holistic meaning reads that take into account every player rather than specific ones in a vacuum. i.e. maybe i find 1 player somewhat towny - but I may have them as scum because they are only somewhat towny while I have many others as more towny than them.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1278, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

cool story bro
This post is a "and I'm going to get away with it" and you know that I know it and you're also right.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Most players keep their mustache twirling in the scum pt, but not pooky
Bartleby the Scrivener
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:47 pm

In post 1280, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1278, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

cool story bro
This post is a "and I'm going to get away with it" and you know that I know it and you're also right.
*twirls mustache in a very handsome way*
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:32 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1253, Firebringer wrote: VC HERE IN A HOUR
Must be a very long hour
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:10 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1272, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1266, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1264, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1261, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1260, Cephrir wrote: here are so many of you just desperate to do anything to keep this unpleasant person around which is odd but whatever.
So you didnt actually scumread him then?
No, I did and do, but I'm not operating under an illusion that you all are going to start listening to me suddenly.
I assume this means you arent willing to substantiate that scumread? Because as I explained earlier, it looks to me like they are genuinely trying to solve. I have a very strong townread on them, and if im wrong on both him being town and you being scum, then i need you to help me realize that instead of just shrugging it off and going somewhere else.
I do not have an ironclad case. If I continue to hold this read I think I will need other scum flips first to be able to formulate something a logical player would find compelling, and I know that they are someone who will dumpster me in an argument even if I am 300% completely right as I lack rhetorical skill and become sidetracked easily by behavior I find irritating, which they excel at performing. I'll return to it later or, more likely, be eliminated first. This is not going to satisfy you and that's ok.
No it's not ok.

I want to tread carefully here, because this looks like you're trying to reach out to me via feelings, because you know that's how I operate, but logically it does seem like you don't really have anything on BCG and are blowing up your read out of proportion. I specially dislike how after BCG makes a long post your immediate reaction is "They arent gonna be eliminated because of long post", instead of engaging with their logic, if there's anything to scumread about it.
I've went and ISO'd BCG, as well as other related parties like Dunn and by extent Pooky trying to figure out if there's anything in here, but no matter how many times i read in this, I don't see any reason to believe any analysis or conclusions that BCG has drawn have been done with malicious intent and looks like legit research is being done. Worst case scenario would be TMI on kyouko, but if they really have that read accuracy, then this is expected and NAI.

As it stands, all i can get is that you probably scumread BCG on a gut read, and that's even if you're actually town. I've tried to reach out to you, but your response is just "Ah well i cant explain it, i'll explain it later if im not eliminated".

Once again, my goal here is that if you're town you either show me why BCG is scum, or you see why i think they're town and possibly agree with me.
Don't worry about how satisfied you think i'll be with whatever case or reasons you might have, that's for me to judge.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:19 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

VOTE: gamma until Ali tells me otherwise
Im a dog that quacks
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1284, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1260, Cephrir wrote: here are so many of you just desperate to do anything to keep this unpleasant person around which is odd but whatever.
No, I did and do, but I'm not operating under an illusion that you all are going to start listening to me suddenly.
I assume this means you arent willing to substantiate that scumread? Because as I explained earlier, it looks to me like they are genuinely trying to solve. I have a very strong townread on them, and if im wrong on both him being town and you being scum, then i need you to help me realize that instead of just shrugging it off and going somewhere else.
I do not have an ironclad case. If I continue to hold this read I think I will need other scum flips first to be able to formulate something a logical player would find compelling, and I know that they are someone who will dumpster me in an argument even if I am 300% completely right as I lack rhetorical skill and become sidetracked easily by behavior I find irritating, which they excel at performing. I'll return to it later or, more likely, be eliminated first. This is not going to satisfy you and that's ok.
No it's not ok.

I want to tread carefully here, because this looks like you're trying to reach out to me via feelings, because you know that's how I operate, but logically it does seem like you don't really have anything on BCG and are blowing up your read out of proportion. I specially dislike how after BCG makes a long post your immediate reaction is "They arent gonna be eliminated because of long post", instead of engaging with their logic, if there's anything to scumread about it.
I've went and ISO'd BCG, as well as other related parties like Dunn and by extent Pooky trying to figure out if there's anything in here, but no matter how many times i read in this, I don't see any reason to believe any analysis or conclusions that BCG has drawn have been done with malicious intent and looks like legit research is being done. Worst case scenario would be TMI on kyouko, but if they really have that read accuracy, then this is expected and NAI.

As it stands, all i can get is that you probably scumread BCG on a gut read, and that's even if you're actually town. I've tried to reach out to you, but your response is just "Ah well i cant explain it, i'll explain it later if im not eliminated".

Once again, my goal here is that if you're town you either show me why BCG is scum, or you see why i think they're town and possibly agree with me.
Don't worry about how satisfied you think i'll be with whatever case or reasons you might have, that's for me to judge.
I don't have anything it's just vibes... I don't know where this idea that I have amazing reasons came from and I never intended for it to become a big deal
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I was actually not trying to ATE there fwiw, nor especially trying to reach out to you although maybe that would be smart - I just think that you're town so if you're misreading me then I'm probably doing something wrong
Bartleby the Scrivener
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1285, WhemeStar wrote: VOTE: gamma until Ali tells me otherwise
No
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:56 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Like I could try to explain my vibes but every time I've ever tried to do that I've felt dumb writing it and if anything convinced other players to listen to me less so I'm not gonna
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

btw gun to head if competent players haven't TR'd Gamma yet then she probably is just a wolf.
I remember Gamma being like super easy to TR when she's town so.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

viewtopic.php?t=91760 here gamma was very easy to tr early
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:01 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 1290, Alisae wrote: btw gun to head if competent players haven't TR'd Gamma yet then she probably is just a wolf.
I remember Gamma being like super easy to TR when she's town so.
Gamma is nai to me
She's hard to read
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

key word there is competent
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:05 pm

Post by Alisae »

viewtopic.php?t=91847 here is an example of wolf gamma replacing in. She died on a whim but town was also just very obvious during the game
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

Top Town:
Sakura
Alisae
Kyouko

Prob Town:
Kage/Klick
T3
PP

NAI:
Dunn
Luka
Gamma

Need to analyze:
Fenrir, Cephrir, Star,
pooky, bcg, jjh, cakez
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:14 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 1293, Alisae wrote: key word there is competent
Why is my play incompetent in your eyes? What's holding me back?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:45 pm

Post by Klick »

Relatable af
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:08 pm

Post by Cephrir »

pooky case:

not so cuddly now huh
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1271, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1269, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1265, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1263, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1260, Cephrir wrote: I can see that this is obviously not going to work so I'll stop. I mean, not that I was really trying very hard. the above concern they will actually go through is very not founded though, there are so many of you just desperate to do anything to keep this unpleasant person around which is odd but whatever.

VOTE: pooky
Who are you calling unpleasant???
I find it hard to believe you can't piece this together so I think this is probably you starting shit
Based on the vote I thought you meant pooky but I quickly thought it might have been BCG
KEEP IN MIND: I made in a mod error in my last completed game I ran because someone ranted about shit that had zero consequence on their night action in the NA submission PM! So
yes
, I really do need this shit clarified!
why r u trying to convince cephrir you really need this shit clarified if you think hes mafia
Because who he’s referring to will influence my opinion of his play this game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”