Eminence in Shadow: Season 1 [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:27 pm

Post by Big Chungus Gaming »

like what is the separating factor here that makes them only plausible as town here?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Can you link that most recent cephrir scumgame you spoke of, BCG?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:31 pm

In post 1451, Gamma Emerald wrote: Can you link that most recent cephrir scumgame you spoke of, BCG?
oh its not recent, its just the most recent I have played in. scp upic, where i got your slot miskilled before turning on cephrir and then being pocketed by dwlee and killing t3 lol

we need enchant to sub into this game now to make this a soft reboot of that game now lmao
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I had a feeling it was that one
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

On one fateful day. His sister had been kidnapped by the cult. Cid discussing the kidnapping with his followers announced that his sister was being held in a location he randomly threw a knife at. Shockingly he was right.

Day 1 - Our Story Begins
Vote Count 1.15

Sir Cakez [3][E-6] - Alisae, ssbm_Kyouko, Sakura Hana
Big Chungus Gaming [3][E-6]-T3, Penguinpower, Dunnstral,
Alisae [3][E-6] Gamma Emerald, SirCakez, KawaiiKame,
Dunnstral [2][E-7] - PookytheMagicalBear, Save The Dragons,
Gamma Emerald [2][E-7] - Luka, Whemestar
Penguinpower [1][E-8] - Big Chungus Gaming,
PookytheMagicalBear [1][E-8] - Cephrir,

Lurking in Shadows (Not Voting - 2) : Klick, jjh927,

With 17 Alive, It Takes 9 to Eliminate.
Deadline is (expired on 2024-01-07 15:45:00)

Mod Note: No current prods
Last edited by Firebringer on Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1423, Alisae wrote:
In post 1422, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1408, Alisae wrote:
In post 1362, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1307, Alisae wrote: I'm too town for elim and I don't even have to try hard to do it
I have to vote this bullshit
VOTE: alisae
this is a wolfclaim from cakez btw.
I know him enough to know this
Wait what?
no way he believes im mafia
I could be off here but I don't actually see where he called you mafia
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1449, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 1448, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1437, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: cephrir alignment kinda important to really crack this game open imo, last time i played vs scum him it did take me many game days to bury him and only thru sheer luck of a replacement who self cleared for me and several blunders around his slot - I find it high priority to have any investigatives used on that slot.
It'd be a waste at this point I'm pretty sure he's town
if thats the case, what would make them scum here? because i went back to the game where they were caught only in late game, and his posts in THAT game were better than here - and that I attribute to having mechs to hide behind.
I actually can kind of see where you get a scumread of me from if that game is your primary meta lmao

I'm kind of hard to pin down with meta. At one point notoriously so. I will say that at baseline I make "better" posts as scum because I care about appearing to make sense, but I'm very aware of that baseline so idk if it's even useful anymore
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

STD won't give away whatever magic keys he has to reading me, I don't have a clue how he does it but I have to admit his accuracy has been remarkable thus far
Bartleby the Scrivener
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Ceph is good at efforting and trying hard as scum

He feels more relaxed here and open with his thoughts

He also gets annoyed or tilted easily on here (Sorry babe) and he has had personal frustration leak into the game to a point where he was sassing gamma and later apologized for it. I don't think scum cephrir does that. But town cephrir can be more biting because he's not worried about drawing negative attention to himself.

My natural inclination is to scumread cephrir. The fact I can townread him so easily makes me just think he's really town here
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Ugh now I'm nostalgic for the days when people were actually scared of me
Bartleby the Scrivener
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1447, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 1446, T3 wrote:
In post 1445, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 1442, T3 wrote:
Why do you townread pooky?
because he has towny tone for him, and he responded more smugly to him getting pushed and not all grr angy and tilted
You don't think that scum Pooky can respond smugly to being pushed?
if you think I'm wrong, disprove me instead of trying to subtly sow doubt into my read/discredit me for it
I can't disprove you unless I look at meta which I might do at some point

I don't remember Pooky's reactions when pushed in previous games but I find it highly unlikely that he always gets angry when pushed as scum
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by T3 »

Oh maybe you are right

viewtopic.php?p=13521081#p13521081
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1458, Save The Dragons wrote: Ceph is good at efforting and trying hard as scum

He also gets annoyed or tilted easily on here (Sorry babe) and he has had personal frustration leak into the game to a point where he was sassing gamma and later apologized for it. I don't think scum cephrir does that. But town cephrir can be more biting because he's not worried about drawing negative attention to himself.

My natural inclination is to scumread cephrir. The fact I can townread him so easily makes me just think he's really town here
This feels like a more accurate way of describing the general gut reason why I feel like Ceph is town so that feels good
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:14 pm

In post 1458, Save The Dragons wrote: Ceph is good at efforting and trying hard as scum

oh yeah well
pee pee

and also poo poo
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Pooky
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:13 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Spoiler:
ok but I'm still going to call him mafia because it's more fun that way, I think you're right though but don't tell him!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1438, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: oh i forgot to include a vote rofl VOTE: penguinpower
You forgot because it was made up.

:)
<(") | (")>
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:55 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Honestly I always get reads based on how ppl interact with my wagon when I get ran up day 1 and usually I’m always right so u guys are rly fckin this up
Im a dog that quacks
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1334, jjh927 wrote: Does anyone who scumreads Pooky want to discuss him with me specifically
Am I missing something or was the only person who took me up on this in any capacity whatsoever STD who doesn't even scumread Pooky
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:01 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1381, Klick wrote:
In post 1375, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1374, Cephrir wrote: Unrelated, I feel like kawaii's post quality is taking a dive and I'd like to know whether klick finds it significant or thinks this is in line w/ his stuff
Dunno how it's unrelated since we were just talking about them earlier, but I agree.
@Klick
thoughts?
Acknowledging that I've seen this and have thoughts, but am not in a place to sit and go into detail atm. Tl;dr is that I'm processing this but I lean towards still just being correct on Kawaii!town.

@jjh: I want to see if you can pick and share with me two of your reads that I will find *interesting*.

What would you find interesting? Something you disagree with, something uncommon to the thread as a whole, or something well developed? In terms of scumreads rn I have a list of people I would like to talk to, but no fully developed scumreads in that respect, so you'd probably have to be entertained by a townread at this time
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:56 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1374, Cephrir wrote:Unrelated, I feel like kawaii's post quality is taking a dive and I'd like to know whether klick finds it significant or thinks this is in line w/ his stuff
In post 1374, Cephrir wrote: Unrelated, I feel like kawaii's post quality is taking a dive and I'd like to know whether klick finds it significant or thinks this is in line w/ his stuff
Dunno how it's unrelated since we were just talking about them earlier, but I agree.
@Klick
thoughts?
Right, so I think more perspective on my Kawaii read is due

In the dead thread for the Volcano game, Kawaii wrote this to me:
Kawaii wrote:Klick you read me like a book, you were pivotal in my flip
Your distinction between my Monkey Business play vs. this game play was next level
This made it evident that my analysis of Kawaii between my town and scum experience with them was accurate, at least in Kawaii's eyes. He also posted saying that he thought he was 'insanely bad' at playing as scum.

This game started the day after Kawaii got eliminated in Volcano - that post I quoted above in the dead thread was posted the day AFTER this game started. So, assuming Kawaii drew Mafia here, I'm assuming that Kawaii would have what happened in Volcano fresh on their mind and would be looking to improve. I would also expect a low level of confidence, considering Kawaii thinks they're bad at scum.

Reading the start of this game, instead of seeing that, I feel like Kawaii's entrance is very natural. I feel like Kawaii started this game in their comfort zone, in contrast from last game. I don't see overcorrection of what Kawaii thinks is poor scum play. I think this is in line with how town!Kawaii would feel after not feeling great about last game.

And none of that context really changes with their drop-off. Kawaii currently feels a bit disconnected from the game, but I'm not feeling that that disconnection is AI necessarily. feels flexible with their thinking in a way that just looks a lot different to last time. I feel like Kawaii is kinda just doing their thing and it looks legitimate to me. 'Post quality' doesn't have much to do with their alignment here IMO.

This got jumbled a bit because I rushed it out before my lunch break ends in a minute. But it gets the point across I think
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1468, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1334, jjh927 wrote: Does anyone who scumreads Pooky want to discuss him with me specifically
Am I missing something or was the only person who took me up on this in any capacity whatsoever STD who doesn't even scumread Pooky
I went into detail on my (limited) thoughts on Pooky in previous posts, there's not a lot to say outside of that
In post 1469, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1381, Klick wrote:
@Klick
thoughts?
Acknowledging that I've seen this and have thoughts, but am not in a place to sit and go into detail atm. Tl;dr is that I'm processing this but I lean towards still just being correct on Kawaii!town.

@jjh: I want to see if you can pick and share with me two of your reads that I will find *interesting*.

What would you find interesting? Something you disagree with, something uncommon to the thread as a whole, or something well developed? In terms of scumreads rn I have a list of people I would like to talk to, but no fully developed scumreads in that respect, so you'd probably have to be entertained by a townread at this time
Surprise me! There are no wrong answers. I'm an easy person to gift for - as long as you put thought into it.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:09 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1470, Klick wrote: This got jumbled a bit because I rushed it out before my lunch break ends in a minute. But it gets the point across I think
This is plenty, thanks.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:47 am

Post by Luka »

In post 1468, jjh927 wrote:
So basically Pooky is evil
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:02 am

Post by Luka »

In post 1425, Sakura Hana wrote: You know what, sure, my vote isnt doing anything and i dont townread Cakez, heck i've gone into scumreading him a couple times but then back to neutral.
VOTE: Cakez
Vote feels bad and nervous

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”