Mafia Reunion | Postgame

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:28 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 548, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 545, Theta Alpine wrote: i do expect scum to be on deas if this goes through though as it simply is too much of an opportunity for them to pass up on i imagine
i personally dont see major scum motivation for taking out DV here this way.

Like they're unrecruitable, sure, but Gamma and I also claimed that, so I feel like I am a bigger threat to scum than DV is right now.
i mean sure but what are the chances of gamma or you getting eliminated here at all
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:28 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

fuck it, let's just kill me

VOTE: Flavor Leaf

I hate cult games.

Theta is scum. I standby DV would always be the best fade Day 1. Have fun.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 543, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 540, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 533, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 529, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think I will be voting Flavor Leaf today since this feels like NQN2!Flavor
in what way?

because keep in mind, that was multiball, and I was essentially correct on 2 scum members there.
yeah but a) I correctly figured out you were scum searching for the other team and b) your push on DV here doesn’t feel right
i just dont see these 2 as being the same at all. in the scenario with a, my push WAS right.

i admit, im overdoing it on purpose with pushing DV, but I still standby it's probs the best fade. I helped get this game moving like I do every game.
You realize you’re essentially saying you are knowingly making a bad push? Since you’re arguing that your push was right in NQN2 and that it’s not the same as here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:neutral:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 552, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 543, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 540, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 533, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 529, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think I will be voting Flavor Leaf today since this feels like NQN2!Flavor
in what way?

because keep in mind, that was multiball, and I was essentially correct on 2 scum members there.
yeah but a) I correctly figured out you were scum searching for the other team and b) your push on DV here doesn’t feel right
i just dont see these 2 as being the same at all. in the scenario with a, my push WAS right.

i admit, im overdoing it on purpose with pushing DV, but I still standby it's probs the best fade. I helped get this game moving like I do every game.
You realize you’re essentially saying you are knowingly making a bad push? Since you’re arguing that your push was right in NQN2 and that it’s not the same as here
My pushes in NQN2 were absolutely legendary levels of good.

This is me bored af in this game, hopping in, seeing we have less than a day left, seeing a 3rd party claim, and going 'yeah, that's the best fade.'

you've seen me push players I've actively town read, and wanted them killed off Day 1 after they claimed Vanilla.

I just hammered Whemestar in that game while actively stating he was town.

And yet, everytime people like to fight the mentality on this, but then town goes onto stomp.

Dunno what to tell ya.

Am I making a good case? Eh, I would say it's a solid case.

Idk what the point of wasting time arguing against this instead of bringing up other options to fade. There's literally a day, stop wasting time, find scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

you think you're going to hit scum with less than a day left til deadline?

by all means, go for it.

maybe you'll catch the scum team sleeping. it's possible.

but i stand by that a semi coordinated scum team will very rarely get voted out Day 1. It almost always requires bussing.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

i mean i am not looking to continue arguing about this

i probably should try and put in effort and figure out who is a good chance of rolling scum here to be honest so maybe i will go try that
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:34 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

my pushes when I am scum are not bad.

my pushes when I am town appear bad (i think pushes are good even when they are wrong, but people still don't see the value in stuff like that for some reason)

do the math.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:35 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 556, Theta Alpine wrote: i mean i am not looking to continue arguing about this

i probably should try and put in effort and figure out who is a good chance of rolling scum here to be honest so maybe i will go try that
im talking to Gamma, not you.

You're obv scum imo.

So I am up for a Theta wagon or a DV wagon.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 518, Doctor Drew wrote: Pre Edit: Aureal, so you buy DV's claim as fact?
Yes Drew, I think there's a good likelihood of it being true. If true its existence is very useful to town. If false... what, exactly are you afraid of happening? Is allowing him to live to day three going to harm town somehow? Is knowing one person is going to target him one night going to cause town to lose? I'm serious when I ask for these examples. Think about the balance. Just screaming "we're gonna get screwed somehow!" is not useful at all.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 559, Aureal wrote:
In post 518, Doctor Drew wrote: Pre Edit: Aureal, so you buy DV's claim as fact?
Yes Drew, I think there's a good likelihood of it being true. If true its existence is very useful to town. If false... what, exactly are you afraid of happening? Is allowing him to live to day three going to harm town somehow? Is knowing one person is going to target him one night going to cause town to lose? I'm serious when I ask for these examples. Think about the balance. Just screaming "we're gonna get screwed somehow!" is not useful at all.
i think this is just severely missing the point that we have less than a day until deadline.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 559, Aureal wrote:
i would also argue this is far less useful than what Drew is talking about.

If you wanna be useful, find another option, make some scum cases. no point arguing on the DV or not.

End of the day, DV is not town, if we can't make another fade happen, you fade them. Don't see what's so controversial about that take. That should be the standard.

In the mean time, if you really really dont like the idea of fading DV, find an alternative, quit focusing on defending DV here. Find and present another option, and maybe it'll be worth.

I've been leaning Theta for a minute. Maybe look into that.

But yeah, this defense is the least useful thing happening still. This post has been made multiple times now. Let's move on from that defense post.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

yes and you want to go with the choice that not only is guaranteed not to be cult but also is apparently detrimental to cult for existing

could just go with a choice that might be cult instead
alter of rautherdir
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:01 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

there are 4 people on the DV wagon.

And I am not one of them.

People coming at me for it still to this point are faking it.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by Roden »

I think Leaf makes a good point

Tbh we have zero reason to believe DV is a benign 3P or that he's being 100% honest about his wincon
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:03 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

and we can just wait for day three to take out deas
alter of rautherdir
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 520, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 510, DeasVail wrote: VOTE: Flavor Leaf

Join me, my dear invited guests!

Flavor Leaf wishes to have all of you scurry along with him like rats to the pied piper, but not if I have anything to say about it!

It is true, I am not part of the town, and
do I know whether Flavor Leaf is town or scum? No! I do not. But do I care? Only a little if I'm being totally honest.
The point is that such a spectacular coup would be fun!

If there is a more boring and sensible option then I will join in on that, but until then…
See what i mean.

they are inherently not here for town, and only claimed because they wanted they were looking to be faded, and didnt want to use their other ability yet. Then when it looked like it wasn't gonna work, they used the ability.

they're an unreliable narrator.
Honestly you're kinda asking for this sort of reaction with the way you're carrying on. :P

Not saying I'm going along with it, but I can feel the annoyance in it. I've been in the position of having a really ridiculous role that makes people paranoid before- it sucks and I now have a perma-blacklist on DkKoba because of it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

DeasVail needs to live.

Even if you don't believe his wincon, or his intentions, he's an extra chance for scum to miss.

The ONLY scenario in which we don't want DV alive at night is if he's actually cult fakeclaiming 3P.

And if DV is trueclaiming? Scum want him out because he's unrecruitable and incentivized to work with us. Arguing that scum wouldn't push him makes no sense because of that.

Titus' role doesn't CC at all, and I have no idea why she thinks it does.

This whole always eliminate 3P dogma is bullshit, even if Deas claimed SK I'd want him alive to generate flips and soak up recruits tbh.

If we are given any reason to suspect he's lied about any part of his role, we can eliminate him. Until then, I'd like to keep the odds of scum successfully recruiting as low as possible.

VOTE: NK15

I don't think everyone parroting the always kill 3P thing is scum, but I do think you're by far the scummiest one doing it.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 525, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 390, DeasVail wrote: I have two potential methods of winning. Either:
- I identify the real names of anyone who targeted me the previous night, or;
- immediately upon my elimination I correctly identify the number of people who have been converted (which I thought I could achieve by just being eliminated day 1 and guessing zero, but I misinterpreted and it’s only after the first night that that counts)

I also can be publicly confirmed as the host of the reunion if need be but that makes me immune to eliminations the following day, so I didn’t really want to do that unless asked.

I have a night action where I can visit someone and learn their real name. They will get notification of being visited but not that it was me specifically.

It’s weird and I’ve been out of sorts working out what to even do with myself this game.
In post 499, Narration wrote:

insert flavour later

DeasVail is confimed to be the
Reunion Host
. All eliminations that target him the following day will fail.
also, looking at this.

i dont think these are the same thing?

it looks like it's specifically 'eliminations that target him', like a night action vigilante/scum kill would be immune, but then again, it does say following day, not phase.

regardless, i dont think this applies to getting voted out, which is what I feel it was trying to be pushed as.

I think DV has already shown they are playing in bad faith and not with a town agenda, so for everyone saying they can town side, how would you ever trust them?
I feel confident that elimination means the standard use of elimination- by vote, not
any
method of being removed from the game like nightkills. It means we can't vote him out day two. Not that he can't be killed at night.
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 564, Roden wrote: I think Leaf makes a good point

Tbh we have zero reason to believe DV is a benign 3P or that he's being 100% honest about his wincon
I got hard hounded for suggesting it. There were literally 4 people on DV already, he was underpressure. I'm not ever going to assume that they were telling the truth. It's also not our responsibility to help DV win.

would I like to hit scum today? Sure.

But people are focusing on the idea of hard defending DV without offering an alternative. DV already showed he does not have town's best interest in mind when they said they don't care whether im town or scum. I was one of their biggest oppositions at the time, and that vote and turn onto me 'because it would be fun' is a completely self aligned move hidden behind promises of 'fun'.

As time goes on, we have to get rid of them likely anyways in case they aren't telling the truth, and id rather that than some compromise panic wagon almost assuredly going to be on town.

"It might not!"

You're right. There's a chance. There's a chance we all go $50 on a bunch of lottery tickets to split between all of us, and then we win and share the money too.

I just don't think the odds are good, deadline kind of snuck up on us, and we have a perfectly find fade candidate right in front of us.

It's an option. It doesn't have to be the only option, but if we can't come to some sort of fade in the next 24 hours, why fight it.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

See? We have another alternative in Radical Rat fade popping up right there.
Narration
Narration
he/him
Goon
Narration
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Narration »

Day 1 Count VI

Notes
  • With 15 remaining, it takes 8 to form a majority.
  • My mod ISO is here.
  • Thomith replaces DXtreme
  • Gamma Emerald replaces Celebloki
  • Please let me know if you have any queries or there are errors in my VCs.
Day 1
concludes in (expired on 2024-01-05 08:45:00)

Moderator Account Of RH9, specifically for Themes
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:11 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 568, Aureal wrote:
In post 525, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 390, DeasVail wrote: I have two potential methods of winning. Either:
- I identify the real names of anyone who targeted me the previous night, or;
- immediately upon my elimination I correctly identify the number of people who have been converted (which I thought I could achieve by just being eliminated day 1 and guessing zero, but I misinterpreted and it’s only after the first night that that counts)

I also can be publicly confirmed as the host of the reunion if need be but that makes me immune to eliminations the following day, so I didn’t really want to do that unless asked.

I have a night action where I can visit someone and learn their real name. They will get notification of being visited but not that it was me specifically.

It’s weird and I’ve been out of sorts working out what to even do with myself this game.
In post 499, Narration wrote:

insert flavour later

DeasVail is confimed to be the
Reunion Host
. All eliminations that target him the following day will fail.
also, looking at this.

i dont think these are the same thing?

it looks like it's specifically 'eliminations that target him', like a night action vigilante/scum kill would be immune, but then again, it does say following day, not phase.

regardless, i dont think this applies to getting voted out, which is what I feel it was trying to be pushed as.

I think DV has already shown they are playing in bad faith and not with a town agenda, so for everyone saying they can town side, how would you ever trust them?
I feel confident that elimination means the standard use of elimination- by vote, not
any
method of being removed from the game like nightkills. It means we can't vote him out day two. Not that he can't be killed at night.
Voting and eliminating that way is not targeting. That is worded incorrectly if that is the correct.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

there is scum taking the defense side of DV 100%. probably scum pushing them too, so that's fair.

but yeah, i'd say 1 scum on each side at least.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

the beauty of the DV push.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”