Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I do think that the effort put into disproving that I am "agreeable" might be a townie thing though.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:39 pm

Post by Appearance »

we have less than a day left now so i want everybody on a coalition.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:55 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 495, Appearance wrote:
In post 491, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 483, Klick wrote: From my perspective we've already mindmelded several times and I'm fairly annoyed that we've gone from likely winning to the current position off of you getting antsy
This point is going to look really really funny if you are town and DV is scum and then we win by swapping you and DV for Kyo and Ydra.

It would look even funnier if all four of you are town and the scumteam is exactly T3/implo but idk if that's the case.
i mean, what has t3 done this whole phase?
tbh i'm all for you including ydra and kyo in the coalition.
In post 496, Appearance wrote: but at this point, it's very likely t3 is either scum or dead weight.
In post 497, Appearance wrote: so, it would not surprise me if scum is exactly t3/implo.
????

I'm probably misreading this but are you saying you think it's implo/T3 simply because T3 is either scum or dead weight, and you arbitrarily decided he's scum rather than dead weight?
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:58 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 502, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 483, Klick wrote: From my perspective we've already mindmelded several times and I'm fairly annoyed that we've gone from likely winning to the current position off of you getting antsy
This point is going to look really really funny if you are town and DV is scum and then we win by swapping you and DV for Kyo and Ydra.

It would look even funnier if all four of you are town and the scumteam is exactly T3/implo but idk if that's the case.
In post 496, Appearance wrote: but at this point, it's very likely t3 is either scum or dead weight.
In post 497, Appearance wrote: so, it would not surprise me if scum is exactly t3/implo.
????

I'm probably misreading this but are you saying you think it's implo/T3 simply because T3 is either scum or dead weight, and you arbitrarily decided he's scum rather than dead weight?
it's also partially poe based since t3 is null at best for me.
dv/klick/kyo are townleans.
ydra/elements/you are town.
that leaves t3/implo as scum.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:59 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 503, Appearance wrote:
In post 502, DragonEater70 wrote:

????

it's also partially poe based since t3 is null at best for me.
dv/klick/kyo are townleans.
ydra/elements/you are town.
that leaves t3/implo as scum.
as in this is where my reads are rn.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:00 pm

Post by Appearance »

of course if the coalition with klick/dv does fail, then i'm open to be proven wrong.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:43 pm

Post by Prism »

Ydrasse has been prodded. She has 24 hours to post before I begin searching for a replacement.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:23 pm

Post by Klick »

Implosion/T3/Kyouko is where my hard PoE lies atm
I don't feel 100% about Ydrasse since she's kinda dropped off the face of the planet but we have to get 5/7
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:25 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 499, DeasVail wrote: I'm not certain that your posting is from a scum place, Kyouko, but I think that there is a lack of thinking about the reasons behind the behaviour of mine that has bothered you, beyond the thought that "DV does thing I don't like = scum". This could be town relying on pattern recognition scumhunting, or scum trying to push through with reasoning for a scumread, I'm not sure.
This is what I'm seeing and interpreting as scum motivated
It feels like either a conscious choice or at least a particularly closed mind when it comes to the DV read
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:28 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 499, DeasVail wrote:I do understand that this sort of thing can make the game less fun for others, and so I haven't wanted things to become too... "cliquey" (lol), but it is probably natural that I would interact with him a little differently.
The problem is that my townread on you is based on things that are inherent to knowing you well
I think you're talking like you're a jury member and not like you're about to gently slide a knife in my back
It's a comfort and confidence thing. But your posting style looks like it could be not-those-things to people with less context on you
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm

Post by implosion »

Dragon, I understand your frustration at me if you're town but tbh I'm just tired. Your play toward me has been tiring to deal with. If you are town I respect your play toward me but I hope you can understand how it's been really demotivating. I don't really have much interest in hard declaring who I think scum in the coalition is until after it fails. I'm not confident in my reads this game by and large. Hell, it's entirely possible the coalition is passing with like t3/kyouko as scum, it just seems far too easy.
In post 388, Klick wrote: Scum!implosion likes using valid points to push an agenda

Frankly I think town!implosion tries to push his own opinion here
I feel like implosion is trying to give little away
Idk. I'll be more engaged after the coalition fails, because at that point I'll have political capital (as dragoneater might bonk me for saying) or if it doesn't then I will have played this game optimally in the sense of effort put in for victory to come out. I feel like if I were scum here with someone on coalition I would have much more reason to effort since how I'm perceived would be a massive part of my team winning (since scum off coalition is positioned to win much better than scum on). Or if I were scum without my partner on coalition then obviously i'd need to do something >_>

It is definitely an accurate portrayal of part of my scumgame that I try to use valid points though I kind of go with the flow/try to emulate my town game more often than I really have a distinct agenda. But the validity of what I say is almost definitely not really correlated with my alignment.
Appearance" wrote:i kinda feel like at this point, even demotivated town would want to get a coalition out there.
I'm pretty slow to vanity vote in most games and voting for a coalition of me/elements/ydrasse/klick/someone (which is where i'm at right now) is like an ultimate vanity vote lol

Since deadline is soon I'll help hammer something if someone on a coalition is refusing to vote, particularly if it has elements/ydrasse/klick
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:42 pm

Post by implosion »

Basically if those three are in it then I'd at least feel better about d1/d2 hunting

It is possible Klick is deepwolfing, I think the method of consistent effort they're putting in here and the persistence to their approach to the phase is really rarely scum though. If they're scum they're playing very well
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:43 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 408, Appearance wrote: fmpov town!implo puts aside his pride and votes for a coalition, instead of what he's been doing rn
Tbh I missed that deadline is in less than a day until now but I will probably vote for something soon, probably after catching up
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:54 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 425, Klick wrote: The accurate reason I'm town here is because I have high presence and interest and it shows through my posting
Yeah I tend to believe this
In post 440, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:"this has been established already" doesn't sound very natural to me. like the wording feels different than Klick usually sounds.
This whole post feels like really bad logic reasons to think Klick is scum similar to the early points kyouko made on Dragoneater. I feel like that phrasing is a natural outcropping of Klick being somewhat of a town leader this game and that really nothing in this post sounds like there's any reason it should be scum indicative. If kyouko is town I guess she maybe just views this sort of logic differently from me, like it's not like this can't come from town.

I feel like Klick should be pretty universally townread and this as reasoning + dragon's reasoning which seems to amount to "well implo looks like he might be partnered to Klick and maybe Klick is deepwolfing" are just, bad imo.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:10 pm

Post by Klick »

I feel all muddled and I don't have much time to devote left in this phase
I will also be able to hammer stuff
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:12 pm

Post by implosion »

My eyes are sort of starting to glaze over

I feel like this game is being fairly dominated by teaming ideas and that worries me. A lot of logic seems to hinge on who is a likely partner for me (granted not all of it, but a significant amount) and more generally on what teams would lead to the dynamic we have right now, and I tend to think that's something that's relatively gameable as scum. I'm sort of tired of giving the numbers rant but the odds of guessing the scumteam d1 are a priori 1/28, which is not good. I think it's fine to exclude particular scumteams people are worried about like me/kyouko/t3 but if the coalition fails then I think it's important to deprioritize that kind of viewing the game. I sort of vibe with DV's description of wanting the game to have more town-finding (though it doesn't specifically make me think DV is town).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:13 pm

Post by implosion »

It's sort of unclear to me what the actual viable coalitions are right now. I'd be fine with something with Klick but without DV but to Dragon it feels like they're a package deal
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 516, implosion wrote: It's sort of unclear to me what the actual viable coalitions are right now. I'd be fine with something with Klick but without DV but to Dragon it feels like they're a package deal
Considering I am not even voting and am generally waiting to be persuaded rather than doing the persuasion, I'd appreciate if you ignore what I thonk and just nom the coalition you want.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by Klick »

HURT: all
HEAL: Klick, Dragoneater, Elements, DeasVail, Appearance

To know where I'm at. I'll be prepared to change things around
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 354, Ydrasse wrote: HEAL: klick, dragoneater, elements, appearance, deasvail
Lol
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:24 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Alright Klick

I have an idea

You said your hard PoE is Kyo/T3/implo

What do you say about a coal of dragon/app/el/dv/ydra?

Then I won't have the paranoia about you and I am even going to as far as to say I will town lock you if it fails, if it's any consolation.

Pedit: no Klick is just too towny I can't resist having him in the coalition :sob:
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 519, Klick wrote:
In post 354, Ydrasse wrote: HEAL: klick, dragoneater, elements, appearance, deasvail
Lol
Why lol? That's what I was pushing on pages 6-14
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:26 pm

Post by implosion »

HEAL: Elements, Klick, Ydrasse, Dragon, Appearance

Split on whether I'd prefer Appearance or Deasvail in a void right now. I'd definitely vote for this with Appearance->Deasvail. If the version without Ydrasse is the prevailing preference then eh w/e probably
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:26 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay

Klick I don't want a reason to think you are town. Can you give me a reason why I should just have faith in our coalition (including DV)?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:27 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 522, implosion wrote: HEAL: Elements, Klick, Ydrasse, Dragon, Appearance

Split on whether I'd prefer Appearance or Deasvail in a void right now. I'd definitely vote for this with Appearance->Deasvail. If the version without Ydrasse is the prevailing preference then eh w/e probably
Hmmmm explain

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”