Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2920, Flavor Leaf wrote: I have correctly identified Lap town.

I correctly identified you as JK.

I correctly identified that if Kyouko was town, HPE was scum.
I have correctly identified HPE as scum Day 1

I have correctly identified Lap was town

I have correctly identified Kyo was town

If you wanna say my read on Kyo was "blind" or had "no reasoning", you are welcome to. But actually Kyo was scum in Open 895 and I knew that and knowing that I knew what her scum range looked like, and she was just completely and utterly out of it.

And Hu Tao I am townreading because she correctly identified me as wolf in Flavorless Hell and I think she's good at reading me and the fact that I am her strongest read is exactly in line with what I'd expect from town Hu Tao. And yes I could see bus potential from her on HPE Day 1 but I think the interactions from HPE don't read bus, they read frustration. And she also has various meta differences between town and scum and unfortunately I am more sure about my own meta read than yours even though you are the one who has played with her more, for the same reasons I trusted my meta read on Kyo.

And yeah idk maybe she's scum hiding behind me but I don't see it, I don't see the agenda in her posting and I'd be willing to re-evaluate if Pavowski flips town and I am telling you that if you refuse to believe my read you can freaking vig her anyway

Pedit: fine, I will go through your ISO right now and see what cases for Hu Tao I missed.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:19 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Why do you have a 4 page ISO

:sob:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2950, DragonEater70 wrote: I have correctly identified HPE as scum Day 1
eh, but you moved off as soon as they gained momentum. thats a scum case on you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

well you know i have no agenda, and that i was shooting at scum the day you protected a scum from dying
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

night
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

End of the day, idk how you think you’re doing a good job to try and convince me that Pav is scum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:25 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If anything I’m moving further and further away from it
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:26 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Eh, unless I misfade her, my accuracy in catching scum her is very high.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:27 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You can always jail to stop a kill tonight if we misfade in where you think the remaining scum are. You know i won’t be vigging there, so best way to confirm your read is correct is to flip em, and convince me, then we get to vig/jail knowing you were correct.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:33 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2485, Hu Tao wrote: As in I was town and he thought I was scum all game
Which game was that?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Alright here are all of Flavor's cases on Hu Tao:

Spoiler:
In post 2338, Flavor Leaf wrote: The thing with Hu Tao is they don’t really stand for much this game, and kind of shadow coasting behind Dragon, and when Hu Tao is town, they don’t hide behind a townie. They might shadow coast as town, but it isn’t behind a townie, they’re just there.

This is a really strong case imo.
In post 2339, Flavor Leaf wrote: It also lines up with my one in Pav/HPE, one in DE/Hu Tao gamestate read from Day 2.

Damn, Kyouko fade just keeps showing it’s worth more and more.

Imma count HPE as a successful vig since I did shoot there that night. Y’all can deal. :lol:
In post 2347, Flavor Leaf wrote: His reasonings yesterday I kind of liked, and felt like genuine town Geraint. Like the post he made when i said I’d vig them (i didn’t) and they said “well i don’t want you to”

And Day 2 did happen during holidays, which they seem to had festivities of sorts going, like when they said “11pm on Christmas Eve, you lucky i posted at all”

Was super genuine.

I just don’t think Geraint been pushing an objective this game, and when they started posting more. Idk. I just don’t see HPE and Geraint aligned after both of their play yesterday.

I believe Geraint is the fade that scum wanted after HPE went down, which gives more reason for Hu Tao scum imo
In post 2389, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2388, Pavowski wrote: But why are you still alive in that case? Seems like a hell of a gambit, vs killing off a conftown slot
I agree, and that goes in the favor of DE. However, it does get DE a lot of town cred.

And the fact that almost nobody else seems too open to the idea means scum isn't on board with it.

I can see reasons why scum outside of DE wouldnt want to try and push there, especially if the team is like Purple-Hu Tao, which is another reason that team is what leans for me.

DE, if scum, has Hu Tao and probably Purple pocketed, and has been playing the angle with me all game, which I think is crucial.

JK'ing me also feels like self survival, either for themselves, or their teammate.

I really dont know how much I liked they saved HPE Night 2 with it.
In post 2390, Flavor Leaf wrote: they could just be town, but i think it's worth looking over.

Hu Tao hasn't really double looked over any slot, and has been content shadow coasting, and I think the town read on Hu Tao by Dragon is too much.
In post 2446, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1135, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1118, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1113, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1094, Flavor Leaf wrote: Hu Tao, can you talk about the PV/CW - Hu Tao/DragonEater dynamics to me? What are your thoughts on the 4 of you, not necessarily your read, but your thoughts on the 2 v 2 as a general thing.
I think that cw is probably town but will vote wrong tomorrow so he needs to go. Still a small chance he flips scum so better now then later. Pav seems to be the one who does soft defenses of cw so I think he could be the scum that wants cw alive for tomorrow.

In terms of Dragon and me. Could dragon ve pocketing me? Idk, I don't think so. Last time I played with dragon scum he was obvious and I called it day 1. I don't see that here. I think it's weird cw tries to push that me and dragon are a pair and his read seems very surface level which is why I think there is a chance cw flips scum.
I'm gonna locktown Hu Tao

So that makes 4 I'm never voting - Purple, Flavor, Hu Tao and myself.
Can you explain why Hu Tao is town? I agree with the points I'm reading from cw against Hu Tao, but I have been severely tunneled in this game up until today. Specifically you mentioned it looks like cw is opening ISOs and ignoring context, and maybe because I've been tunneled I'm missing the fact that context is missing?

I feel in isolation and without fact-checking them that the cw posts about scum!HT make sense. Flavor being conftown and Laplacian flipping town really turns this game upside down for me. I also noticed about Thomith a few days ago when looking at his ISO that from the way he talked about Hu Tao I'm pretty sure he was banking on investigating them. I haven't looked for their meta together yet but it might be HT had reason to believe that could happen if they've played together in games where Thomith was an investigative before
Yeah, this is really good observation.

In addition, Day 2 we were really never going to be able to agree on a scum fade because of the effort HPE, DE were putting in, and I do think HT has some scum potential as the 3rd here.

It's almost always Hu Tao or Geraint.

I actually have a VCA reasoning for why the team has a big chance of being HPE/DE/Hu Tao from Day 2 that I'll get into after my reread.
In post 2460, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1500, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1498, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1489, Flavor Leaf wrote: It’s the way they both wanted people to know they are very much still on the wagon. But they literally aren’t :lol:
:roll:

VOTE: kyouko
This is E-2 - don't E-1 me without Gamma's catchup.
naughty of hu tao. They gave a 'nice gesture' earlier with their unvote (Hu Tao's unvote was rough because they double unvoted after Pavowski unvoted, Dragon did so later as well), but they didn't stay unvoted before Gamma's catchup right after HPE got pushed by Kyouko?
In post 2702, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2699, Hu Tao wrote: Good point. I guess since day 2 it's felt like flavor has been running the show as clear, I haven't put much effort into casing since then. I've been trying to poe it out. Same reason I voted hpe.
So when I start asking for people to case MORE is when you decide to case LESS?

lol

VOTE: Hu Tao

Jail me Dragon
In post 2788, Flavor Leaf wrote: Hu Tao read evolution is the worst of the gang, and if we aren’t going Purple, they’re the 2nd since they stop where i think scum’s at if they’re town or are scum themselves
In post 2884, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2883, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2717, Flavor Leaf wrote: Gamma saying you imply my shot wouldn’t go off
missed this, this was not my idea I had in mind. My idea was “that’s only last day if scum wins it”
Which I felt like was Hu Tao attempting to manifest a scum victory
Honestly, it’s Dragon and Hu Tao and that’s why this day phase is so stuck like this.

VOTE: Dragon

Go next and let me shoot and die.

Am gonna go over this in a bit, but I wanna respond to some points you made at me first.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:14 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2764, Flavor Leaf wrote: Meta reads are still able to be explained.

Now that I’m thinking about it, Hu Tao has explained their meta read on Dragon. (I have the counter to it, but they did explain why they are reading it that way) so could be Purple/Dragon.

Dragon has been pushing gut reads as meta, and they’re not explaining it, because it’s gut. Kyouko was a meta read, and why were they able to explain it with Kyouko and not Hu Tao or Purple?
Okay, you are right, I am not properly explaining my reads on these two. Let me try.

Purple I have observed a clear trend where I was able to place him correctly, 1 for 1, as town or scum on like our last 3-4 games based on:
1. The level of analysis in his reads.
2. His reaction to being pushed.
3. His attitude towards strong town players (which in his perspective would be me and you).

As town, there's reads that are like believably reads. I am not expecting him to go and make a huge, 7 paragraph scum- (or town-) case on someone, but you can see that there's thought put into it. Which I have been feeling this game. In his posts where he says things like "I think you could be scum but it's not efficient to vote you right now", there's more nuance than I'd expect from scum him because he's not a very high effort scum player. Or more exactly his play as scum is not very high level, meaning he focuses on charm moreso than on trying to look analytic.

As town when pushed he tries to question the push and produces more reads (as he'd done here), as scum when pushed I think he just tends to either bus his partners to save himself, or just flail and then give up if the push continues.

Also as scum he tries to "appeal to" the town leaders and sort of play around them, but might counter their reads (but doesn't really push them). Whereas as town he does his own thing, and often scumreads the town leaders (though he can end up sheeping them). I think this has been his approach to both my and your slot this game.
In post 2926, Flavor Leaf wrote: And if you’re town that sure of your reads, make better cases for Hu Tao/Purple, because if you’re that certain, and if you are correct,

That is the wincon.

I need to be convinced for it to happen.

And I have specifically told you the reasons you have given me just aren’t good enough FOR ME to agree with them. That’s fine for how YOU got the read, now improve on it and make more town cases.

Because I have town cased Hu Tao more than you have.

This is like when Hu Tao needed my vote to get FireScum, and they weren’t being self aware enough to know that they weren’t gonna hit scum unless I got convinced, and even in that game, I had the 2nd scum dead to rights and new that if we went to another day on certain slots, it leads to a scum fade and dissolution the next days.

So i target slots that even if hit town, can lead to a gamestate where it works for most scenarios.

In a scenario where I am right that there’s scum in Hu Tao/Drag/Purple (and I believe this to be correct even if Pav ends up being scum, I can see a world where Pav is in that Firebringer slot) then I am setting a situation up where it protects from all angles.

I’ve been pretty good with reads lately except for when I go against my gut, so it’s not happening here without better reasons.

I even outright found meta reasons for Purple to be scum here, and by knowing you had incorrect meta on me at times, on top of already seeing meta as supplementary, meta ain’t doing it for me here.
Fine, I will read your cases on Hu Tao and then I will either vote her or make a towncase for her.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:14 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'm starting work though so it will be after that
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:18 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I agree with your Purple meta from what I’ve seen in a town game of theirs.

That being said, I don’t believe they’ve shown that here.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:32 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2932, Flavor Leaf wrote: DragonEater70 (2) - cw357, Flavor Leaf
Pavowski (2) - Hu Tao, DragonEater70
Hu Tao (1) - Pavowski
Purplemango (1) - geraintm

The fact that the 3 on my POE are so split up shows that that is where the town are at. Because they don’t know.

Pavowski has made so many anti-scum moves this entire game.

There is scum on Pavowski 9 out of 10 times this game
If we end up going for pav I'll vote there
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:yawn:
I’m confused how you seem dead set on two specific slots being scum after not really doing much, alongside your personal beliefs on the early game, which imo should lead to less solid reads even at this stage
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:03 am

Post by Ausuka »

Also replacing Gamma Emerald. I'm going to freeze the deadline at 4 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes until we get replacements.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:22 am

Post by Ausuka »

Random Nurse replaces cw357.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:23 am

Post by Random Nurse »

*sighs*

"Hi."
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:25 am

Post by Random Nurse »

I see we're on Day 4. Any IMPORTANT highlights I should know?

VOTE: Hu Tao
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:45 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2959, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2485, Hu Tao wrote: As in I was town and he thought I was scum all game
Which game was that?
I'd have to check
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:46 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Is that not hammer on me?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:47 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Oh well. Good luck finding last 2 scum.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:48 am

Post by Hu Tao »

This game was hell for sure.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:48 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2956, Flavor Leaf wrote: If anything I’m moving further and further away from it
Next time try not to be so caught up in your views and be willing to compromise

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”