Spoiler:

vote count 8.1 !

JupiterXV (1):
Dannflor
ProjEctRy (1):
OutWorldER

not voting (4):
ProjEctRy, shiki, JupiterXV, Bellaphant

with 6 alive, it takes 4 to reutilize someone's revenant. day 8 ends in (expired on 2024-01-22 17:40:25)

moderateur notes
  • eoap
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3274, OutWorldER wrote: It's a combination of thinking the others in my lim pool are just townier than him (I mostly disagree with you about Jupiter, for example), some specific stuff I highlighted during D2 that I can't be arsed to grab the post for, and the fact that nothing he has posted since has ever dissuaded me from the tunnel. I think he slots in nicely to a lot of theories (the "concede with upside" theory that Shiki posted, for example) and just in general his posts, even today, really give me only the bare minimum impression of "solving", and even the content he has posted today is regurgitated from what I said, and I think Shiki also said it was a repeat of something she was saying earlier too.
I guess it’s like mildly concerning to me that you are still holding on to stuff from D2 but can’t resummarize it when asked

I don’t really know why regurgitating others’ posts is something more likely to come from scum either

Do you think Jupiter has been solving?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:29 am

Post by Dannflor »

Here’s another thought:

In a world where OutWorldER is scum, is his best bet to take a shot at the doctor, making at least one clear in the lim pool, or would he rather take shots at Titus over and over *knowing* that the odds of him getting jailed before the doctor are pretty slim?

Logic also applies to me probably if that tickles you
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: OutWorldER

yeah i actually believe this makes the most sense rereading D1 and D2
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:14 am

Post by shiki »

In post 3270, shiki wrote:
In post 3268, shiki wrote: do you think bellaphants first post today

would be likely from someone

who had made specific read of titus?

would like other opinions on this too i guess

this:

In post 3137, Bellaphant wrote: What's bothering me is I can't work out if targeting Titus last night was a good or bad move from scum and then what that means.

Scum submitting kill Titus x 5 feels super level 0, but scum submitting kill Titus x the one time they felt she was going to jail the Dr and was right about it is obviously super good.

is the post in question

basically coming into the day once i saw the titus flip none of my thoughts were - oh maybe the scums got titus - i am only somewhat familiar with titus we have played a few games together previously and this game thus far, by my general impression was that titus would be unlikely to go for hero play, especially since was otherwise trying to make everyone play the game in a safe way

but if the scums were to have had a specific read of titus that she would be likely to play it unsafe there, then!!
feel free to delete this ghost
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:15 am

Post by shiki »

In post 3274, OutWorldER wrote: I think he slots in nicely to a lot of theories (the "concede with upside" theory that Shiki posted, for example)

hm, does that really seem like a likely thought process from a newbie to you?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:17 am

Post by shiki »

In post 3274, OutWorldER wrote: and even the content he has posted today is regurgitated from what I said,

why do you think projectry's opening of today posts are more likely to have been scums reworking your posts rather than a mindmeld type of situation?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:18 am

Post by shiki »

In post 3282, shiki wrote:
In post 3274, OutWorldER wrote: and even the content he has posted today is regurgitated from what I said,

why do you think projectry's opening of today posts are more likely to have been scums reworking your posts rather than a mindmeld type of situation?

will look at this more tonight when i get a chance but to me i guess at the time it did not feel like projectry was copying your homework
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:23 am

Post by shiki »

In post 3278, Dannflor wrote: Here’s another thought:

In a world where OutWorldER is scum, is his best bet to take a shot at the doctor, making at least one clear in the lim pool, or would he rather take shots at Titus over and over *knowing* that the odds of him getting jailed before the doctor are pretty slim?

Logic also applies to me probably if that tickles you

to me taking the 1v1 would be the best bet, (like if you were a scums here what would you have done the night following my replace in?) but i am not sure how outworlder would feel about odds in do or die 1v1,

but also! it doesn't really matter what i think would be his best bet, but rather what he thinks would be his best bet which seems to be taking shot at the doctor from recent discussion
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:26 am

Post by shiki »

In post 3279, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: OutWorldER

it's funny to me because i wanted to ask you what you thought the clearing interaction for outworlder was earlier and then!

i'll have to look closely at when outworlder joined the black wagon and such and! if black/t3 were trying to get outworlder onto counterwagon

because outworlder had already made a case for that wagon right and then chose black

also added to my to do pile
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:13 am

Post by Bellaphant »

? I've made it fairly clear that I just dont think Titus made good choices for town..I think Dan implied similar, I'm not sure how this is a scummy take?
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:21 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 3277, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3274, OutWorldER wrote: It's a combination of thinking the others in my lim pool are just townier than him (I mostly disagree with you about Jupiter, for example), some specific stuff I highlighted during D2 that I can't be arsed to grab the post for, and the fact that nothing he has posted since has ever dissuaded me from the tunnel. I think he slots in nicely to a lot of theories (the "concede with upside" theory that Shiki posted, for example) and just in general his posts, even today, really give me only the bare minimum impression of "solving", and even the content he has posted today is regurgitated from what I said, and I think Shiki also said it was a repeat of something she was saying earlier too.
I guess it’s like mildly concerning to me that you are still holding on to stuff from D2 but can’t resummarize it when asked

I don’t really know why regurgitating others’ posts is something more likely to come from scum either

Do you think Jupiter has been solving?
I'm mostly holding onto to stuff from D2 because D1 and D2 are where the majority of content is, and it's hard to resummarize because those days were all the way back in the very early days of November and December. This game has been going on for two months at this point, I'm somewhat drained of motivation to go back and reread the entire thing.

It's not just that he's regurgitating posts, it's that outside of stuff he copied the homework for he's failed to present anything else substantial. Project hasn't even presented so much as faint suspicion except a really vague post about Shiki earlier today.

I've said before that Jupiter's posting gives the impression of
wanting
to solve but not really knowing the way to go about it.
In post 3279, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: OutWorldER

How? Black was actively trying to turn things around on me when she and T3 were attempting to wagon Titus at the end of D1 after I called out her and T3. D2, I'll give you I waffled about the T3 elim for a bit, but so were a lot of people.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:28 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 3281, shiki wrote:
In post 3274, OutWorldER wrote: I think he slots in nicely to a lot of theories (the "concede with upside" theory that Shiki posted, for example)

hm, does that really seem like a likely thought process from a newbie to you?
Maybe not that exact thought process but it doesn't seem wild that a newbie would just default to shooting the most prominent threat every night without putting much thought into it, especially in a scenario it seems like victory is out of reach.

I didn't consider this beforehand and I after a pause for consideration you're correct that it could be. Is there a reason that he couldn't be mafia and have the same thought process (especially one that multiple people have come to), though?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

I’ll reread and go through the ISOs step by step explain my thoughts on why OutWorldER is making sense to my brain right now when I get access to a computer

Then y’all can tell me if I’m being insane or not
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:33 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 3286, Bellaphant wrote: ? I've made it fairly clear that I just dont think Titus made good choices for town..I think Dan implied similar, I'm not sure how this is a scummy take?

i... don't know if i think that post was scummy - just that it was noteworthy and wanted others opinions on it - i could make an argument as to why it is scummy and i could make an argument as to why it is towny, like i said i am always scumbrained

and but so then anyway your thought upon entering the day certainly differed from outworlder's and projectry's (and dannflor's slightly later post re:outworlder and the path the scums took here makes a similar assumption - which is maybe a little hm to me as well)

right they assumed titus mistakenly jailed the doctor whereas you were thinking of levels and such

like even though there should not be a way to get there when mapping it out because multiple levels below are identical and thus lower level approach should have always been submitted from the jailkeeper side

there is a potential point at which the jailkeeper is perhaps intentionally targeting the doctor because a successful save wins the game just the same as a successful block and it may be easier to identify the doctor and thus the next level for the scums is the level zero play - to once again target titus
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:35 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 3290, shiki wrote: (and dannflor's slightly later post re:outworlder and the path the scums took here makes a similar assumption - which is maybe a little hm to me as well)

makes a similar assumption to that of outworlder's and projectry's, is what i meant there
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:39 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 3137, Bellaphant wrote: What's bothering me is I can't work out if targeting Titus last night was a good or bad move from scum and then what that means.

Scum submitting kill Titus x 5 feels super level 0, but scum submitting kill Titus x the one time they felt she was going to jail the Dr and was right about it is obviously super good.

idk would have really liked outworlder to dive deeper into it i guess because there is clear difference between how outworlder was viewing the game at this point and how you were and so his thoughts could be illuminating towards either of your alignments but then kinda just handwaved it as part of greater townread on you, shrug
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:49 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 3288, OutWorldER wrote: Maybe not that exact thought process but it doesn't seem wild that a newbie would just default to shooting the most prominent threat every night without putting much thought into it, especially in a scenario it seems like victory is out of reach.

i guess to me jupiterxv's 'i'd just be submitting nightkills there would be bodies and clears' does seem like the likely newbie default here to me

at least from night 3 on right

like night one t3 gets jailed maybe kill was blocked
night two could see the newbie defaulting to shooting the most prominent threat, titus, who was then saved
at this point, following that thought process, i would think the newbie would think, oh i need to target someone else to get a kill through, or at the very least the night following that one

like it doesn't seem impossible to me that a newbie would have any number of other approaches, and like skygazer said much earlier t3 could have left gameplan as well,

but i will blindly submit titus until i lose hoping something else happens does not seem like the default to me no
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:56 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 3288, OutWorldER wrote:

I didn't consider this beforehand and I after a pause for consideration you're correct that it could be. Is there a reason that he couldn't be mafia and have the same thought process (especially one that multiple people have come to), though?

nope it's certainly not exclusionary but that doesn't make it evidence of projectry actually being mafia

like dannflor probably wouldn't be playing today much if any differently in this situation if he were mafia right? but does that make him a scums?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:58 pm

Post by shiki »

anyway i will do my to do list tomorrow sorry i haven't forgotten just long day and now i've run out of time tonight
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:13 am

Post by JupiterXV »

prodge- really busy since it's end of semester in the following week or two.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:15 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 3277, Dannflor wrote: Do you think Jupiter has been solving?
to answer this: absolutely not at this point I've just given the fuck up
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:16 am

Post by JupiterXV »

eventually i'll find some motivation to play this game
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:53 am

Post by ProjEctRy »

Prodge - hopefully respond properly tonight.
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:29 am

Post by ProjEctRy »

I don’t dispute my lack of contribution the past few days, but I think I’ve already said this is because I’m pretty lost.

I openly admit that I rely heavily upon other people to do the investigating. I’m struggling to do it myself so I try to look at what people are saying and then decide myself whether I agree with it or not. I appreciate that can look suspicious, but it’s just unfortunately the position I’m in.

There has also been a lot of meta discussion lately and because of my lack of experience I’m struggling to really to contribute to that.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”