PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 3546, JupiterXV wrote: post 3513 is really towny and now i’m at a dilemma

why is 3513 really townie
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:53 pm

In post 3550, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Like maybe OWER thinks dannflor is the doctor for whatever reason ???? - like I guess if OWER is mafia and he thinks there's no way afayeed knott claims doctor like the way he did AND dannflor's townread of shiki has to do with Dannflor thinking that Shiki is pretending to be doctor to shield doctor dannflor?!?!? like thats a really far out there thing. I honestly dont know. Its really wild to me that scum even made that nightkill because if Dannflor is not the doctor then he is one of the most likely targets for being doctored and if you shoot into a doc protect there you get completely blown out many many times.
rethinking this I realize this might be an incredibly convoluted reason that doesnt make any sense and the simplest and best explanation for why dannflor got shot was because Jupiter didnt want to face him today but I still do not feel good about doing NKA this way because it feels like a really easy way to get blown out.

I cannot help but think that OutworldER is some kind of mustaching twirling supervillain and Jupiter is some kind of clueless townie who is completely lost.

I recognize this interpretation of the game state could be completely ass backwards so I'm going to need to actually interact in real time with Outworld because there's a few things I need to figure out what the hell he was thinking when he did stuff.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:09 pm

In post 3381, JupiterXV wrote: i know one of (bella/python) is town but i don't know which one is.
who were you trying to talk about here and what is your thought process
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:21 pm

In post 3542, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 3536, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3534, tired person wrote: pooky, i want to know what you think about jupiter in isolation.
i havent actually isoed or read jupiter in depth but the brief snippets I skimmed are all over the place and im p bad at reading people who r all over the place.

i've been thinking over and over whether it makes sense for Jupiter!scum to do some LAMIST gambit at EOD yesterday where he's like yo just vote me out i dont want to be at elo and gambling the town doesnt take him up on the gamble and I really do not know if he has the skills to pull that move there with a roomread.

what I really hate is how outworld reacted to it right there and then and said it must be coming from Town!Jupiter and then Dannflor was like hell no.

It feels like over the top TMI on outworld's part because like how do you suddenly get that lvl of surety that its not a gambit?

comparing the two of them I feel like Jupiter is
suffering
more than Outworld is and I would expect the townie in the pair to be suffering because this is not a pleasant experience if you're town to go 9 days of not knowing wtf is going on. Outworld's vibe is that he's in control and he has a plan and that feels scummy to me

i gtg guests r here lets actually play the game tonight
what’s a roomread

a roomread is your read of the room - basically you looking at a group of people and deciding whether they would take you up on your suggestion of yeeting yourself so you wont be around in elo.

like if someone like dannflor sees you offer yourself up and just says yea sure i'll just yeet you like what do you do atp? you p much gave yourself up for no reason ? - you'd have to read that dannflor + others will
not take you up
on your offer as mafia.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

well i mean the reason i said i'd be ok with that was because everyone wanted to flashwagon me and i was like yeah everyones gonna wanna kill me in the day after so i dont really wanna deal with that hassle
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:47 pm

In post 3539, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 3536, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: what I really hate is how outworld reacted to it right there and then and
said it must be coming from Town!Jupiter
and then Dannflor was like hell no.
where did I say this.

are you referring to this post?
In post 3444, OutWorldER wrote: the thing is like

if Jupiter's scum he gets literally nothing out of not letting the mislim go through on Project if Jup's scum and Project's town

so idk
where 3 posts earlier I said:
In post 3441, OutWorldER wrote: tbh though it probably is just Jupiter
I am going to need you to show up to realtime interact with me at least one of the next nights. I am free after 9pm EST today, tommorrow, tuesday etc. you can bring as many questions as you want me to answer.

alternatively if you are not available any nights I am going to need some times where you are available so we can actually talk this game out. I am reasonably certain I can figure out your alignment if you give me the time and I will not tolerate you deciding to ghost me
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 3553, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3381, JupiterXV wrote: i know one of (bella/python) is town but i don't know which one is.
who were you trying to talk about here and what is your thought process
i was trying to use mechanics (particularly doctor mechanics and titus NK) to figure out who doc was and by extension who was mafia, particularly involving the limpool. i ended up being way over in my head though and also completely wrong.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

OMG POOKY HI
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 3552, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Jupiter is some kind of clueless townie who is completely lost.
HEY
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

well i mean im completely lost yeah but that feels insulting despite the fact that it's probably true
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:48 pm

In post 3555, JupiterXV wrote: well i mean the reason i said i'd be ok with that was because everyone wanted to flashwagon me and i was like yeah everyones gonna wanna kill me in the day after so i dont really wanna deal with that hassle
yes I understand that is why you said it and I can see you as town plausibly having that attitude at that point in the game and you do not want to deal with being the losing elim at elo

I have been there myself more than once.

what did you think was TP's alignment at that point in time, who did you think was the mafia
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 3551, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3546, JupiterXV wrote: post 3513 is really towny and now i’m at a dilemma

why is 3513 really townie
i don't know. probably because it's about bella. you answer the question but you show very clearly that you're not sure how to answer for your replacement or come up with excuses. i think maybe this is just because of my own baddish view on bella but i think if you were scum here maybe you'd try to defend yourself more.
also oops i forgot to UNVOTE:
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:49 pm

In post 3560, JupiterXV wrote: well i mean im completely lost yeah but that feels insulting despite the fact that it's probably true
why is it insulting

being lost is fine - to err is to be human.

everyone in this game is pretty lost since you've gone 6 days without eliminating mafia and nearly on the verge of choking away a near perfect start.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:53 pm

In post 3558, JupiterXV wrote: OMG POOKY HI

hi I'm going to ask you some questions about your thought process throughout Day 8 - pls answer as best you can, if you don't remember just say that. don't make up anything if you can't think of an answer because I have a very keen sense for detecting "made up bullshit" and I recognize even town will make things up if they do not know or remember or feel the need to backwards justify a stance at some point in time.

when you made this post
I assume you are talking about Bella/Project.

Why did you rule out OWER as a suspect
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 3550, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3541, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 3508, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3507, tired person wrote: i think you implied that you think it's jupiter but i am not sure if the only reason is sheeping dannflor or something else also.
mostly dannflor and nka - like why does outworldER shoot dannflor if dannflor's last words to the thread are "never kill outworldER"

like the only reason would be to lock in reads and he's worried dannflor will 180 the read again AND he is also highly sure the rest of you are too demotivated to try to overturn thread consensus.
ok yeah but why would i kill dannflor as scum :sob: :sob: im not as oblivious to NKA as to just.... openly kill sm1 who scumreads me ????? i mean maybe to make this exact argument but idfk man. (rhetorical question btw)

also posting is a pain on the ass on mobile so if i miss anything lemme know.

well sure its wifom but also If you believe Dannflor is going to be gunning for you and he's clearly the loudest voice in the thread then your best bet is to shoot him at night so he doesnt live to today and push you.

sure it looks bad for you but that's just kind of the price you pay because if you leave him alive and he hardshoves you you might die from that. I dunno how much you know about dannflor's meta to know about whether he's overstating confidence or bluffing or posturing in order to manipulate the nightkill - afaik you are a total n00b to this site and have not much experience with Dannflor so you wouldn't know if you can gamble that he's lying about reads - heck I've played plenty of games with Dannflor and I don't know whether his statement about OWER is geniune belief or some kind of gambit.

im also arrogant enough in my own scumhunting abilities that I might just ignore dannflor's read on OWER but i'd feel pretty shitty if i was wrong.

the nightkill points to you because it is the easiest nightkill for you to make.

Does OWER shoot Dannflor there or does he shoot Bella or TP and go into 4p? I really dont know?

Like maybe OWER thinks dannflor is the doctor for whatever reason ???? - like I guess if OWER is mafia and he thinks there's no way afayeed knott claims doctor like the way he did AND dannflor's townread of shiki has to do with Dannflor thinking that Shiki is pretending to be doctor to shield doctor dannflor?!?!? like thats a really far out there thing. I honestly dont know. Its really wild to me that scum even made that nightkill because if Dannflor is not the doctor then he is one of the
most
likely targets for being doctored and if you shoot into a doc protect there you get completely blown out many many times.
this is my first game on this site, yeah, so the only person whose meta i'm semi-familiar with is t3 and barely so, ebcause i only saw games from him that were like... mafia variants? like they had the same style of mafia but they were when he was like 11 or something and it was like "find the assassin" and everyone sucked at mafia so it was barely real mafia

that's on tangent anyways, but yeah i guess that makes sense. honestly if i were scum here i'd be in a bad position regardless of whether i killed shiki. i think as of night 8 i probably would've gone for either OWER or tired person for the kill but i'm not sure if that matters here in this discussion. i accept suspecting me for NKA. there's not really an argument i can make here to defend myself from it, at least not one that you would believe anyways. you can do that if you want
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 3563, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3560, JupiterXV wrote: well i mean im completely lost yeah but that feels insulting despite the fact that it's probably true
why is it insulting

everyone in this game is pretty lost since you've gone 6 days without eliminating mafia and nearly on the verge of choking away a near perfect start.
yeah, i know it shouldn't be, haha. i've just been throwing really hard this game and it's just like yeah I wish i did better, feels a bit like you're rubbing salt in the wound
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:55 pm

In post 3563, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
why is it insulting

I also want to reiterate I did not mean it as an insult to say you are lost or others are lost in this game. it is easy to get lost, this game is hard sometimes.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 3556, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3539, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 3536, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: what I really hate is how outworld reacted to it right there and then and
said it must be coming from Town!Jupiter
and then Dannflor was like hell no.
where did I say this.

are you referring to this post?
In post 3444, OutWorldER wrote: the thing is like

if Jupiter's scum he gets literally nothing out of not letting the mislim go through on Project if Jup's scum and Project's town

so idk
where 3 posts earlier I said:
In post 3441, OutWorldER wrote: tbh though it probably is just Jupiter
I am going to need you to show up to realtime interact with me at least one of the next nights. I am free after 9pm EST today, tommorrow, tuesday etc. you can bring as many questions as you want me to answer.

alternatively if you are not available any nights I am going to need some times where you are available so we can actually talk this game out. I am reasonably certain I can figure out your alignment if you give me the time and I will not tolerate you deciding to ghost me
i mean I'm here right now.

the only question I can really think of is why do you think I callout and discredit my own scumteam on D1 if I'm scum. Dann flipped flop back and forth on that point.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:56 pm

In post 3566, JupiterXV wrote: yeah, i know it shouldn't be, haha. i've just been throwing really hard this game and it's just like yeah I wish i did better, feels a bit like you're rubbing salt in the wound
ok I recognize the way I said it was a bit insulting but I did not mean it that way
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

also im repsonding to ur other thingies rn
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:57 pm

In post 3568, OutWorldER wrote: the only question I can really think of is why do you think I callout and discredit my own scumteam on D1 if I'm scum. Dann flipped flop back and forth on that point.
I don't have enough meta knowledge of how you interact with partners to really know whether you discredit your own scumteam.

if there is a sequence of play you believe to be extremely unlikely to come from you as mafia I am happy to look at it in the context of what is going on in the game.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:00 pm

In post 3431, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 3429, JupiterXV wrote: i mean flashwagon me if you want idc VOTE: jupiter
i know sure as hell that if project isnt scum i do NOT wanna go to elo
just vote Project please. I don't feel like no-elimming here, I want to know Project's alignment, not sure TP can be convinced to vote you, and we still have to sort Bella.

I think Project's hedginess around self-hammering also feels scummy still so
I want you to explain this post
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 3564, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3558, JupiterXV wrote: OMG POOKY HI

hi I'm going to ask you some questions about your thought process throughout Day 8 - pls answer as best you can, if you don't remember just say that. don't make up anything if you can't think of an answer because I have a very keen sense for detecting "made up bullshit" and I recognize even town will make things up if they do not know or remember or feel the need to backwards justify a stance at some point in time.

when you made this post
I assume you are talking about Bella/Project.

Why did you rule out OWER as a suspect
yeah, i was talking about bella/project. i don't remember exactly why, but i was going through mechanics at the time. i ruled out OWER as a titus jailkeep (aka doctor slot) for... i don't remember what reason let me check. yeah, i worked through the logic in 3382- OWER claimed VT. roleblocking someone who claims VT doesn't work, since she's not roleblockign anythhing. in order to root out who the doctor was, you needed to figure out who titus roleblocked.
so i came to the assumption that titus didn't roleblock inside the semi-consensus townpool (which she ended up doing with TP), and rather went for people who were in the consensus limpool, me, bella, or project. i know she didn't go for me since i'm not doctor, so it had to be between bella and project, who were most likely to be scum and doctor respectively.
i ended up being wrong in the end, as it was TP, but that was kind of what was going through my head at the moment. then i ended up voting OWER because i wasn't sure who was doc, and OWER was also slip sliding into consensus limpool and could feasibly be mafia due to a) not being roleblocked b) claiming VT.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 3550, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Like maybe OWER thinks dannflor is the doctor for whatever reason ???? - like I guess if OWER is mafia and he thinks there's no way afayeed knott claims doctor like the way he did AND dannflor's townread of shiki has to do with Dannflor thinking that Shiki is pretending to be doctor to shield doctor dannflor?!?!? like thats a really far out there thing. I honestly dont know. Its really wild to me that scum even made that nightkill because if Dannflor is not the doctor then he is one of the
most
likely targets for being doctored and if you shoot into a doc protect there you get completely blown out many many times.
i will actually say that I did think Dann was the doctor when I made my fake-slip at the end of yesterday, which is why I even made the attempt because I was actually pretty sure he died regardless

my thinking was that since Project/Bella/Jupiter hadn't claimed doc and Titus had no reason to jail the claimed Doc in AK's slot than she had probably gotten paranoid about Dann and jailed him.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

sorry if that doesn't make sense. i'm willing to explain my though process as of those posts further if you want

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”