Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5625 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:51 am

Post by davesaz »

Tell me specifically why you won't do Bella or Bingle.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5626 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 5625, davesaz wrote: Tell me specifically why you won't do Bella or Bingle.
As far as I've seen you've given an actual reason to do neither, so...
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5627 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:13 am

Post by Bingle »

Alright, so I'm pretty happy with a yes lim actually happening at this point, despite the original vote being a PoE poking of the bee's nest . I don't think Dave scum tries to go toe to toe with me here, especially on this shaky of a basis: there's no payoff.

Yes's responses to Drew have all been reasonable, but they also seem to be treating Drew like he's wrong, not like he's being manipulative. I get a vibe of "Gotcha!" in a way that feels like yes is more concerned with making himself look good than the actual content of the argument.
In post 5603, yessiree wrote:
In post 5602, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 5599, yessiree wrote: I have an 100% accuracy reading the Doctor Drew baby

Ain't nothing you can do 'bout it
Remember when you said that and I was town
Remember when I didn't call you scum in the end
For example, this doesn't look like yes trying to decide whether Drew is actually scum or not. It's a "I was technically correct" completely sidestepping the original BoP supposition that yes should be able to try to suss out Drew's actual alignment here and doesn't seem to be trying to do that. I frankly don't give a shit about the BoP read, but the reaction to it makes me think scum. I haven't really given this game much thought the last few days, but I'm going to try to do a reads wall shortly with impressions of all slots, so hopefully we can get some real interaction going.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5628 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post by Bingle »

Firebringer - I talked about the Naerys interaction, but I really do think Fire is just solid town here. I will be shocked if the NK isn't one of the two of us.
davesaz- The VCA seems halfassed and lacking context and I never did get a boiling down of the why behind the conclusions as requested, but trying to shade me seems like a weird place to be as scum dave here. Dude has put actual effort into not wanting to vote in yes/Drew, which makes me think he could only possibly be paired with them (if he's scum he can just let that pair of eliminations happen and be happy, I think.)

Bellaphant - I remember really liking something about Bella, but I just reread her and she honestly feels pretty hollow. I still vaguely feel like she's willing to be eliminated, which is major townpoints for me (Not saying she is, but genuinely giving off an aura of being completely unafraid of the lim). There's a couple posts that are slightly worrisome ( particularly seems sheepy in a bad way.)
Doctor Drew - Probably town? He's approaching me in the normal buddying fashion, but it's not overbearing and I don't get the sense he's trying to leverage me to save his own ass, so I'm content to let him live solely on vibe check.
Theta Alpine - Looking back, Theta did this whole weird dance of trying to write off the naerys case as an activity issue, which is a pretty weirdly shaky ground to try to protect a buddy off of. Lemon was going down and thetascum had to know that and also that all of those interactions would look like absolute ass later.
Enchant - The sum total of enchant impression I have at the moment is "God I wish this game was over" but also he's been weirdly hammershy, which doesn't match any enchant interactions I've ever had.
usesPython - I thought town, but they've been really gung ho about this whole let's just all vote for our townreads and not worry about anything else, which is a good way to feed town apathy and then allow scum to 'shake things up' and win despite being in the PoE in a few days. I'm not a fan anymore.
yessiree - See above.

The bottom three are the only ones I don't find myself townreading to some extent, but I definitely prefer a yes lim atm.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5629 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:55 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 5628, Bingle wrote: usesPython - I thought town, but they've been really gung ho about this whole let's just all vote for our townreads and not worry about anything else, which is a good way to feed town apathy and then allow scum to 'shake things up' and win despite being in the PoE in a few days. I'm not a fan anymore.
Lets all vote scum then literally do not care as long as we're killing people. Game should have ended like two weeks ago with how little is going on
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5630 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:38 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5628, Bingle wrote: Dude has put actual effort into not wanting to vote in yes/Drew
I don't understand this part, IIRC I voted yes on multiple occasions. I don't think I've said I wouldn't vote Drew -- that's implied as part of not really TRing anyone. ;) Not to mention I don't think Drew has been a wagon at all the whole game, though I must admit I have not attempted to figure out a max drew wagon point yet. I might just do that since you've made me curious by mentioning it.
In post 5628, Bingle wrote: The VCA seems halfassed and lacking context and I never did get a boiling down of the why behind the conclusions as requested
The VCA part of it is 100% of the why. Bad voting patterns -> scum. Finding those patterns is a heck of a lot of work, especially looking
between the mod's VC
which is what I'm doing here. Relying solely on the official vc's is why others' VCA doesn't work. I know it's uncomfortable that one of the conclusions is that you're scum.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5631 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:40 am

Post by davesaz »

davesaz {'Firebringer': 2, 'unvote': 2, 'Titus': 2, 'Gamma Emerald': 1, 'RCEnigma': 2, 'furtiveglance': 1, 'Bellaphant': 1, 'yessiree': 3, 'usesPython': 1, 'Bingle': 1, 'Aristeia': 1}

This says I've voted yes 3 times, the most of anyone as of when the data was pulled. I need to rerun the extraction program to update it for today.
Nice try, but you're wrong on that part.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5632 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i kind of want to eliminate theta but i don't have energy to make a case
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5633 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

what even is the vote count
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5634 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5572, Alisae wrote:
V
OTECOUNT
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
yessiree (3)
Bingle, Doctor Drew, Theta Alpine
NOT VOTING:
davesaz, Bellaphant, Enchant
Firebringer, yessiree, usesPython
With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to flip!
Deadline: (expired on 2024-02-06 05:47:54)
Notes:
can i get updated vc mod

VOTE: Theta Alpine
Show

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5635 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 5630, davesaz wrote:
In post 5628, Bingle wrote: Dude has put actual effort into not wanting to vote in yes/Drew
I don't understand this part, IIRC I voted yes on multiple occasions. I don't think I've said I wouldn't vote Drew -- that's implied as part of not really TRing anyone. ;) Not to mention I don't think Drew has been a wagon at all the whole game, though I must admit I have not attempted to figure out a max drew wagon point yet. I might just do that since you've made me curious by mentioning it.
I'm not talking about voting history, I'm talking about where you want to be right now. There's a loud 1v1 between Drew and yes, where yes is admittedly the only one with any traction, but you're trying to make a new wagon against what is probably the second biggest consensus townread or his stated townread. I think that's town you and not scum you.
In post 5628, Bingle wrote: The VCA seems halfassed and lacking context and I never did get a boiling down of the why behind the conclusions as requested
The VCA part of it is 100% of the why. Bad voting patterns -> scum. Finding those patterns is a heck of a lot of work, especially looking
between the mod's VC
which is what I'm doing here. Relying solely on the official vc's is why others' VCA doesn't work. I know it's uncomfortable that one of the conclusions is that you're scum.
Two problems... You don't really quantify why they're bad. Like, part of the voting pattern analysis you're doing here is that a slot that was replaced multiple times doesn't often vote scum, when I replaced in and immediately solidified the lim on scum by voting scum when I could have attempted to derail.
In post 5588, davesaz wrote: 'Aristeia': 3, 'Titus': 2, 'usesPython': 2, 'unvote': 3, 'lemon.tangerine': 2, 'yessiree':1
Your data set:
davesaz {'Firebringer': 2, 'unvote': 2, 'Titus': 2, 'Gamma Emerald': 1, 'RCEnigma': 2, 'furtiveglance': 1, 'Bellaphant': 1, 'yessiree': 3, 'usesPython': 1, 'Bingle': 1, 'Aristeia': 1}
My slot voted for confirmed town 3 times, confirmed scum 4 times. There are 10 total votes and 3 unvotes. You, by comparison, have voted 15 times with 2 unvotes. 2 confscum votes, 5 conftown votes.

And all of that is completely half assed and meaningless without an accompanying analysis of when you or the collective I voted, why, and the actual impact on the thread. VCA is a shit tool in the hands of most players not because they're not looking at the context of the votes, just the raw numbers of the votes.

Macro tools are almost always poor at interpreting small data sets without expert analysis. Just ask literally any economist.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5636 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 5572, Alisae wrote:
V
OTECOUNT
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
yessiree (3)
Bingle, Doctor Drew, Theta Alpine
Bellaphant (1)
davesaz
Theta Alpine (1)
Firebringer
NOT VOTING:
Bellaphant, Enchant, yessiree, usesPython
With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to flip!
Deadline: (expired on 2024-02-06 05:47:54)
Notes:
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5637 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:39 pm

Post by Bingle »

Updated.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #5638 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 5627, Bingle wrote: Yes's responses to Drew have all been reasonable, but they also seem to be treating Drew like he's wrong, not like he's being manipulative. I get a vibe of "Gotcha!"
What do u mean by this
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5639 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:43 pm

Post by davesaz »

I don't see any votes on Drew. How can it be a 1v1?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5640 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 5639, davesaz wrote: I don't see any votes on Drew. How can it be a 1v1?
In post 5553, yessiree wrote: Drew incorrectly reading me can only mean one thing

everybody vote Drew so i can hammer this fool
In post 5563, yessiree wrote:
In post 5560, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 5559, yessiree wrote: Why do u keep flip flopping on me
The only people I have had solid town reads on(that are alive), are python and Fire
not asking why u dont hard tr me

im asking what specifically you're seeing from me that making ur evaluations fluctuating
In post 5569, yessiree wrote:
In post 5567, usesPython wrote: Do we think both scum are deepwolf types or is there a liability on the team?
yeah you know what, im sticking to my guns on the town core i posted before

would rather not be super paranoid right now when the simple answer could be the correct one

me vs drew could just be TvT and a big waste of time
Do you not see the Drew/yes fight over the last few pages?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5641 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 5638, yessiree wrote:
In post 5627, Bingle wrote: Yes's responses to Drew have all been reasonable, but they also seem to be treating Drew like he's wrong, not like he's being manipulative. I get a vibe of "Gotcha!"
What do u mean by this
I mean I feel like you're trying to point out where Drew is wrong as a means of discrediting the read instead of actually approaching the read to see if it's real. I'm not sure how I can put that any more clearly.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5642 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 5641, Bingle wrote:
In post 5638, yessiree wrote:
What do u mean by this
I mean I feel like you're trying to point out where Drew is wrong as a means of discrediting the read instead of
actually approaching the read to see if it's real
. I'm not sure how I can put that any more clearly.
you literally just quoted one of my posts where i did just that
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5643 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 5627, Bingle wrote: Yes's responses to Drew have all been reasonable, but they also seem to be treating Drew like he's wrong,
not like he's being manipulative.
this part is bothering me too - 'manipulative", why should i treat Drew as being manipulative when he admitted himself he's just sheeping u, who's he manipulating?
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5644 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Post by yessiree »

gonna be busy with work until Feb 2, semi-vla but i'll check this thread when i can

might as well do this now

VOTE: theta
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5645 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 5643, yessiree wrote:
In post 5627, Bingle wrote: Yes's responses to Drew have all been reasonable, but they also seem to be treating Drew like he's wrong,
not like he's being manipulative.
this part is bothering me too - 'manipulative", why should i treat Drew as being manipulative when he admitted himself he's just sheeping u, who's he manipulating?
I feel like you're being deliberately obtuse here.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5646 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

If yess is town and Bingle is scum I will quite the site*

*void in the US
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5647 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:31 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 5646, Doctor Drew wrote: If yess is town and Bingle is scum I will quite the site*

*void in the US
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5648 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 5647, usesPython wrote:
In post 5646, Doctor Drew wrote: If yess is town and Bingle is scum I will quite the site*

*void in the US
Jeez, at least when I post an image it is much smaller
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5649 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:34 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 5640, Bingle wrote: Do you not see the Drew/yes fight over the last few pages?
If yes didn't feel strongly enough about it to vote, no I didn't pay attention to it. "vote this clown and I'll hammer" isn't a way to get me to follow.
I'm voting one of my scumreads. There are something like 8 or 9 days? If I can't get one of my scumreads I'll certainly compromise. If someone approached me with some respect I might listen.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”