JOAT uPick | FIN!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:48 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 977, Titus wrote:
In post 975, lemon.tangerine wrote:
In post 973, Titus wrote:
In post 972, lemon.tangerine wrote: reads on ppl you havent talked abt is the simple answer
Like WHO?
idfk who you havent given a read on yet. Plus it isnt even my question, however if i turned it into my question id ask for a Hu tao and doctor drew read
They haven't posted enough...
????
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:49 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 980, lemon.tangerine wrote: Hutao has more than enough posts to give a read there
Actual decent last 2 pages from you.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:50 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 992, Firebringer wrote: Why is Titus so hostile
In post 993, lemon.tangerine wrote:
In post 992, Firebringer wrote: Why is Titus so hostile
dunno, though its more entitled than hostile rn.

Titus just keeps failing at towntelling somehow tho
Actually agree with both of you
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:52 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 995, Bell wrote: Iso Drew and tell me they deserve to live that doesn't involve you being masons with them.
I will say that Drew usually becomes pretty obvious as the day goes as town and scum
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:54 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1007, lemon.tangerine wrote: P much with the attitude Titus has been having and going abt questioning me on justifying my reads, If they were a consistent town they wouldve asked me why i put them higher in their town reads and asked for reasoning same as hst

They didnt thus that post is a lie
Agreed!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:55 am

Post by Hu Tao »

It pains me to announce I may have been wrong on lemon. Please give me space during these trying times.
lemon.tangerine
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:57 am

Post by lemon.tangerine »

I give second chances
What you doing? Who do you scum? Is it me?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:30 am

Post by Bell »

247, taking a break may or may not have questions for Drew. I'm not sure if I should ask them now while it's fresh without having a complete picture or not. Constructive probably to wait but exhausted and also not sure if the questions will be better later given my own limits.

Yeah, I'll try to get it out.

So I'm at multiple inflection points on Drew,
I don't fucking know what inflection means *wikipedia* Ah it means the point when a curve changes, yeah sure that works.

1. So, Drew starts the game by paralleling their play from our previous game together, DefCon 6. In that game they went up to FB and aggressively buddied them, slaved their shot to FB and then couldn't back out when they shot at their scum buddy because, they were worried about my suspicion of them.

Question 1 (221#): There's an obvious town perspective here, Drew think: "While I was scum in the previous game, FB was still right on scum and I think they're town here again or, whatever my history with them: I'm happy to sheep them early. I do not think about or notice that there are similarities to my approach here to the last game and I won't worry about other people's interpretations of that/fail to consider how those similarities may set others off in a negative direction, only considering that hey, I'm making a reference to a previous game some people will get it and I hope they buy my selling of this perspective where I sheep somebody that killed scum last game"
Would Drew not realize that they'd get pushed this way? Did they not have an argument set up to push back against it? Drew is not me, they don't think like I do as mafia where usually I'm just sitting on counter arguments in anticipation of challenges. Not even unusual for me to have that as either alignment really. I guess I'm trying to figure out how self-conscious Drew is and how that self-consciousness manifests in in their scum/town games. For scum Drew I have this interpretation of circumspect neutrality with some missteps, But I don't think I have it yet.
Question 2: Drew does do some of the poking I think their scum game is missing (229, 247, I think some later posts), but in a different manner, namely instead of baiting people, they're throwing shade at them, it doesn't look the same but the effect is similar. They are casually slipping in meta on other players while remaining noncommittal. They are non-committal in multiple posts. *is* Drew usually careful to remain neutral with only the softest of challenges to other players?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:32 am

Post by Bell »

I think Drew remembers that they were called out for doing nothing this game, but I'm not sure if their current token attempts to react in real time is them trying to push against it, or if they'd be doing more if they were scum because they'd be more motivated not to step on the same land mine. It's trying to interpret if Drew half-asses their homework and then apply it to Mafia.

*head desk*.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:50 am

Post by light_ganski »

catch up continued: up to pg12

bell v pooky in the first few pages looks SvT. that's gut though
(203) - verbose self meta is :igmeou:
(210) - why is bell encouraging dayvigs

agree with titus (237) re the vibes from joyboy. need to look at the broccoli again up until that point
243 - I don't like bell's vibes up to this point, but I feel like I'm being stupid about bell's roleclaim?
247/248 - yh millers should claim D1 and bell didn't claim miller so why are people calling him a miller?
irrelevant anyway bcos I think bell is the scummiest so far - 251 and 252 - again about his own meta - doesn't imo do anything to progress the game

lots of theory discussion with the newbie which is fine and good but also not really worth discussing here
dunnstrall's q in 261 is something I'd also want answering bcos joyboy looks :igmeou:
nothing wrong with dunnstrall's posts per se but RH complimenting his pushes seems very premature
lemon tangerine seems v low energy
don't get bell's paranoia list in 273
also trying to get to grips with firebringer's energy, not sure where the vibes are at with them but I think it's giving town
if bell is maf 282 could be distancing laplacian before pivoting to attack dunnstrall on the same grounds? like that's mostly a vibe read tho
293 seems what I'd expect to follow on from LTO's opening as town

this seems like a fine vote based on the first 12 pages VOTE: bell
standby for more, comrades
A work in progress
my GTKAS // get to know a ganski

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:54 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 293, LadyTerminallyOffline wrote: There are several slots who did the "roleplay" or "conversational silly" style posting:

Light_Ganski (Lightly)

from me, it isn't roleplay ;)
A work in progress

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:56 am

Post by Bell »

That’s the second time I’ve been blind voted this game.

You know you could accidentally hammer someone and impact the game state negatively, right?
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:58 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 1036, Bell wrote: That’s the second time I’ve been blind voted this game.

You know you could accidentally hammer someone and impact the game state negatively, right?
I *did* check it wasn't a hammer first, thank you
A work in progress

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:59 am

Post by Bell »

Oh, thank you. *tips hat* ‘s good of you.
lemon.tangerine
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:01 am

Post by lemon.tangerine »

In post 1038, Bell wrote: Oh, thank you. *tips hat* ‘s good of you.
you do realise that post from them is a massive redflag?
What you doing? Who do you scum? Is it me?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:05 am

Post by Bell »

No. I’m too busy being grateful they don’t suck as either alignment. It really ruins the game when quick hammers happen.

My brow scrunched up slightly when they said they were doing a catch up post and were voting based on that. There’s no real indicator they weren’t blind voting.

I guess you could say they’re doing due dilligence and the fact that they were aware shows a more cautious approach which could be defensive or anticipatory. But it could also be a personality tell.

Explain your interpretation?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1033, Bell wrote: I think Drew remembers that they were called out for doing nothing this game, but I'm not sure if their current token attempts to react in real time is them trying to push against it, or if they'd be doing more if they were scum because they'd be more motivated not to step on the same land mine. It's trying to interpret if Drew half-asses their homework and then apply it to Mafia.

*head desk*.
Essentially I repped into this game knowing it could be a bit of a shit show(in a good way), so up until yesterday I have been posting mainly fluff(and lol at using Defcon for meta, yes i am sheeping my vote to Fire as a tongue in cheek reference to that.

Also I did chuckle that he told me to vote Ircher, since it was him that nuked me in that game lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Relativistic Harmony
Relativistic Harmony
they/them
Goon
Relativistic Harmony
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:47 am

Post by Relativistic Harmony »

drew, what your thoughts on the votes on you?
~rh
Hydra of TemporalLich and RH9
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:49 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Phone posting a bit, so bear with me.

To answer Question 1 some more, I am not self conscious about my posts or my vote here, clearly since I allowed another player to choose who to vote for(unless you think I am scum with FB).

Generally speaking I am not self conscious at all about how I look, since after years and years of being scum read as town I just am gonna do what I do, and hopefully you can figure out when I am town(like Hu alluded to, it becomes obvious my figure out my towniness pretty early to those who have played a bunch with me).

And if I get scum read for how I go about things, fuck it, I am not gonna worry about a push on me when I know I am coming from a righteous place.....and if that leads to a mislim, then hopefully my death was not in vain.

I start a staycation in a few hours, so I knew I wasn't gonna be super active until then.

Maybe then I can assist you to stop overthinking Drew early D1 role madness large game fluff.

Pre Edit: How many votes are on me? Didn't even check
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:52 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1042, Relativistic Harmony wrote: drew, what your thoughts on the votes on you?
~rh
Looking back a few pages all I see is Bell, and others telling him how wrong he was lol.

I am not about Bell anyways
Relativistic Harmony
Relativistic Harmony
they/them
Goon
Relativistic Harmony
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:52 am

In post 1043, Doctor Drew wrote: How many votes are on me? Didn't even check
2 from memory.
they're maid cafe and bell.
i don't remember bell's reasoning but maid cafe claimed it was for 'pressure'.
~rh
Relativistic Harmony
Relativistic Harmony
they/them
Goon
Relativistic Harmony
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:53 am

from memory, your reaction to maid cafe's post didn't seem to be that serious.
~rh
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:54 am

Post by light_ganski »

catchup page 13-??

lemon tangerine's posts here (307 thru 311) are pure fluff and setup spec but there's been a lot of fluff so far
maid cafe is irritating me , not the roleplay I'll allow that but so far I'm getting "roleplay to disguise that i'm not playing the game"
ig 316 implies townhunting from lemon but like. I could type that and post it and go back to doing nothing and it wouldn't show anything ygm?
318 is a bad vote but idk if its scummy bad or just bad bad
its hard to read ppl when it feels like half of them are still in rvs and half of them are serious
idk where relativistic is getting their lemon read from in 324 bcos I've seen nothing actually town indicative from them so far

pooky's scumreads in 349 seem. mostly fine. agree re bell and joyboy. wld like to understand the relativistic TR though. god that page was contentless.

352 thru 354 from joyboy are bad again. LTO is a terrible push here and this feels like trying to get a rise out of the new to the site player to fabricate a scumread
god joyboy is really bad. agree w pooky bear that bell v joyboy could be theatre because the interaction between 355 and 368 seems very inorganic
A work in progress

Relativistic Harmony
Relativistic Harmony
they/them
Goon
Relativistic Harmony
they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:54 am

so i'm interested to hear if you think they're genuinely voting for pressure or are just using it to justify themselves.
p-edit: @drew
~rh
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:54 am

Post by light_ganski »

think pooky bear is town so far btw (page 15)
A work in progress

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”