JOAT uPick | FIN!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
LadyTerminallyOffline
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by LadyTerminallyOffline »

In post 587, LadyTerminallyOffline wrote:
In post 586, Bell wrote: not doing anything.
Is there any reason you did not bring up Sakura Hana in the same statement? (I understand giving Light a break as she is currently marked as on a vacation)
Jumping back in my own posting to find my starting point from the weekend. I feel like this is more relevant now. Did Bell ever elaborate on their answer about what "something" is and I missed it?
In post 591, Bell wrote:
In post 587, LadyTerminallyOffline wrote:
In post 586, Bell wrote: not doing anything.
Is there any reason you did not bring up Sakura Hana in the same statement? (I understand giving Light a break as she is currently marked as on a vacation)
They did
something
and I like them.
Rather other people like them and think well of them and yeah, V/LA. I don’t have partners, so it’s a waste of your time to fish for them, if you’re town.
The last part really does seem performative as well. A fade-away "If you're town" in the same vein as "I should throw shade just to show I am doubting this person" but I've been told that is me being biased since it's against me in point four of my case so just noting it here.
Show
I don't want to subscribe to your new posts.

This is a Playstyle Alt (TM) of Cabd.

I don't meta and avoid being too personal or conversational on this one, instead playing more traditional questioner.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by Bell »

Sigh. If I must I guess I can pull out the mena and and Kora stuff. Which is more recent, but I don’t really agree with them.

I think my own meta of pooky is fine. They’re fitting with what I conceptualize to be their scum play.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by Bell »

I don’t really think Pooky adapts their play much. On meta. They don’t have a lot of give aways and what they do works fine for scum them.
LadyTerminallyOffline
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:20 pm

In post 1449, Bell wrote: Suddenly I remembered why I hate digging through meta and just tell people to do it themselves.

Pooky: I think my take on Pooky is colored by often having read his recent games either knowing his alignment or seeing his first few days of posting from a more removed point. But I'd disagree with Bell in that regard, that usually I can see where town-Pooky is pushing people toward content or doing things he can sort rather than going off into the outfield to pick daisies like he does as scum. I think he's a bit like Cabd-scum in that this can change if he sees something shiny worth doing in the main game as scum, but then it tends to be more--insular?--like the LOLMasons in that FakeGod game. I'm not seeing anything here so far that makes me think town!Pooky. That might change in a couple game days with more data, but that's where I am now.”

That’s penguin alien who was in a hydra with Cabd.
Cabd was saying in the game as Pooky’s read didn’t move that they were scummy because they weren’t trying to sort them. Calling them lazy initially before Cabd started to dip into scum suspicion and they became progressively more disappointed in them.
Then pooky just baited us into getting eliminated because he had a silly role and didn’t actually need to live.

So it wasn't even the person stating it that you said it was. And you're telling me that PookyTheMagicalBear was intentionally playing to die. And I'm supposed to just... assume that what, PookyTheMagicalBear in this game is also attempting to die? Are you telling me now with 100% sincerity that not only do you think this Penguin alien person was accurate, but also that PookyTheMagicalBear has not changed his play at all from a three year old game where he was trying to die, apparently?

Where EXACTLY in THIS thread do you see PookyTheMagicalBear "picking daisies"? Because I am going to state at this point that you appear to have thrown out a bunch of absolute hogwash in the hopes that we'd take you at face value and not bother following up researching what some random person said. Why should I respect either of the players you are citing? Did they win that game? Do they have a proven track record of being able to read PookyTheMagicalBear in a meaningful higher than average accuracy? I don't know, and at this point, I do not really care.
Show

I don't meta and avoid being too personal or conversational on this one, instead playing more traditional questioner.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:23 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 1426, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1420, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1419, HolySpiritTurtle wrote: Unfed troll is sad troll
I suggest trolling maria, its very easy to do and yields many reactions.
u don't need to put much effort in
is maria even playing anymore or did she get bored and ghost
Yes, I've been playing Granblue relink and it's so good.
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:25 pm

Post by Bell »

Quick question in all this. You keep using quotes, “picking daisies”
“Pooky manuals”
But I did not say either of those things.
Do you just not know how quotation marks work or what
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:25 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

How much did I miss Pooky? Catch me up to speed because you and I both know I can either pretend to read the last 20 pages or you can tell me about it :^)

aka beeboy and MariaR
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:26 pm

I miss PenguinAlien she was cool
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:27 pm

In post 1457, Maid Cafe wrote: How much did I miss Pooky? Catch me up to speed because you and I both know I can either pretend to read the last 20 pages or you can tell me about it :^)
I still haven't gotten my coffee beautiful.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:28 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 1459, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1457, Maid Cafe wrote: How much did I miss Pooky? Catch me up to speed because you and I both know I can either pretend to read the last 20 pages or you can tell me about it :^)
C-coming right up! We can talk reads over coffee, if that fits your interest of course. . .

aka beeboy and MariaR
LadyTerminallyOffline
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:28 pm

In post 1453, LadyTerminallyOffline wrote:
In post 1449, Bell wrote: Suddenly I remembered why I hate digging through meta and just tell people to do it themselves.

Pooky: I think my take on Pooky is colored by often having read his recent games either knowing his alignment or seeing his first few days of posting from a more removed point. But I'd disagree with Bell in that regard, that usually I can see where town-Pooky is pushing people toward content or doing things he can sort rather than going off into the outfield to
pick daisies
like he does as scum. I think he's a bit like Cabd-scum in that this can change if he sees something shiny worth doing in the main game as scum, but then it tends to be more--insular?--like the LOLMasons in that FakeGod game. I'm not seeing anything here so far that makes me think town!Pooky. That might change in a couple game days with more data, but that's where I am now.”

That’s penguin alien who was in a hydra with Cabd.
Cabd was saying in the game as Pooky’s read didn’t move that they were scummy because they weren’t trying to sort them. Calling them lazy initially before Cabd started to dip into scum suspicion and they became progressively more disappointed in them.
Then pooky just baited us into getting eliminated because he had a silly role and didn’t actually need to live.

So it wasn't even the person stating it that you said it was. And you're telling me that PookyTheMagicalBear was intentionally playing to die. And I'm supposed to just... assume that what, PookyTheMagicalBear in this game is also attempting to die? Are you telling me now with 100% sincerity that not only do you think this Penguin alien person was accurate, but also that PookyTheMagicalBear has not changed his play at all from a three year old game where he was trying to die, apparently?

Where EXACTLY in THIS thread do you see PookyTheMagicalBear "picking daisies"? Because I am going to state at this point that you appear to have thrown out a bunch of absolute hogwash in the hopes that we'd take you at face value and not bother following up researching what some random person said. Why should I respect either of the players you are citing? Did they win that game? Do they have a proven track record of being able to read PookyTheMagicalBear in a meaningful higher than average accuracy? I don't know, and at this point, I do not really care.
I refuse to believe you're not doing this on purpose and I sincerely hope that the rest of the thread votes you and that you were not being truthful about being able to post after you die.
Show

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:28 pm

Post by Bell »

Well, no. pooky is not trying to die in this game.
They weren’t trying to die in that game until day 3, they took a massive turn. But was playing co NBC conventionally until that point.

I respect maybe 3 players as accurate in mafia. Cabd is one of them. I probably respect them too much.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:29 pm

In post 1460, Maid Cafe wrote: C-coming right up! We can talk reads over coffee, if that fits your interest of course. . .
wow she's mesmerizing
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:31 pm

Post by Bell »

We’re playing a game of mafia right now. So you’ll have to forgive me for largely deciding to examine it through the lense. We can maybe talk about that after the game if I’m wrong if you want. I think you seem to be pivoting and using your emotions as an excuse to do so.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:32 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

Hey LTC, if I told you I find it hard to believe Bell's play comes from mafia would you hear me out? I can sense you're a bit tense in tone. This maid is here to lend you some support.

aka beeboy and MariaR
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:33 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1460, Maid Cafe wrote:
C-coming right up! We can talk reads over coffee, if that fits your interest of course. . .
Maria talking reads with a player......
not reacting to being called beautiful....

Is this even maria or is it beeboy
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
LadyTerminallyOffline
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:33 pm

In post 1465, Maid Cafe wrote: Hey LTC, if I told you I find it hard to believe Bell's play comes from mafia would you hear me out? I can sense you're a bit tense in tone. This maid is here to lend you some support.
I am willing to hear out third parties to this back and forth yes. I'll be back in an hour after I've re-read the events from the weekend anew. A fresh perspective is welcome.
Show

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm

In post 1466, Firebringer wrote:

I put the over/under for beeboy posts in the game at 1.5
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

Oh right, hang on I forgot what you expect from me *ahem*

Duh, I know I'm beautiful glad you have eyes though Pooky~ Please keep praising me.

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:35 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 1468, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

I put the over/under for beeboy posts in the game at 1.5
Beeboy told me he was drinking at a birthday party and I haven't heard from him since and it's a shame cause I wanted to force drunk beeboy to play cause that would've been hella funny.

aka beeboy and MariaR
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:35 pm

Post by Bell »

I sincerely don’t know why you would think I wouldn’t be able to post after I die, why I’d lie about that and think it was largely said from a place of emotion than of logic as it’s mostly meant I think to be a put down more than anything.

You aren’t showing this level of disrespect to other players who has used less substantiated. this level of frustration does not appear to be in line with your frustration with others. It does appear to be consistent with your statements which goes back to my conception of you as dense.

And maybe you don’t appreciate that and this is you venting after that. Since it did seem to genuinely bother you.

But Mafia. In a game of it. People say things.

On the other hand,
Joyboy
Joyboy
Goon
Joyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:35 pm

Post by Joyboy »

HEY, I ORDERED EVERYTHING ON THE MENU ON PAGE 6!
WHERE IS MY EVERYTHING!
Joyboy
Joyboy
Goon
Joyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:35 pm

Post by Joyboy »

I WANT MEAT!
Joyboy
Joyboy