Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:30 am

Post by Klick »

T-Bone is town. I'm pretty sure I said this earlier, but last time it was a joke based on their previous post and this time it's more serious
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 173, Klick wrote: I'm willing to expand on my thoughts on the CUDDLE TIME slot with the understanding that this is as far as I'm willing to take the discussion for at least like 24 hours; I don't want this to become the line of discourse that dominates my airwaves

In essence, I townread CUDDLE TIME because they've shown several instances of posting that has a clear focus on solving and making solving possible. This is from multiple heads. I don't believe the current goal from any of them is to get townread. There's an aggressive approach from them that seems to be trying to make plays happen early with the intent of drumming up info. This is very consistent from what I'd expect of town!Dragon and kind of town!Black as well.
I asked because I want to know what you're thinking. I don't want to argue with you about your conclusions, I don't care about those.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:31 am

Post by Klick »

I figured you wanted my insight for my-alignment reasons yes
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:33 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 171, T-Bone wrote:
In post 169, Doctor Drew wrote: I kinda think T-Bone is one to go rogue as town(ie making some head scratching reads/analysis), and I have only seen him as town, so despite me disagreeing with his take on the hydra, I don't think he is scum here.

Also no judgement here Bone, I am a master at head scratching reads and analysis.

Also, 2019 Drew would hate me sticking up for a hydra
Actually I'm hoping to break this down. You called my take head scratching analysis. Why? What do you disagree with?
Basically saying that hydra dissonance is anti-town(I half joked about this take l, since I used to believe this back in the day). But now I believe it to be more of a town tell, I have even used it to appear as town once in a hydra.

Now saying that, do you think anything one of the heads has said is actually scummy? Or even do you believe that the dissonance is forced?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:36 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 174, T-Bone wrote:
In post 172, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 167, T-Bone wrote: For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.
You can treat us like 4 different players if it helps you overcome your adversion to dissonance

Also what posts give you the impression that I'm scummy? Surely not the one where I say the policy lim crowd could have scum in it

-Black
I mean, that's pretty scummy by itself. AD did the math but grouping together any three players and saying 'one is scum' is about the most laziest thing you could do to pretend to give a take on the game. I know your protest to this is "but it's not any three players, it's three players pushing a policy lim". But then you also chose to deflect some real criticisms I had of your hydra displaying dissonance while literally disagreeing with Dragon in this thread about how you should respond to those criticisms and making a performance out of it honestly.
Can you stop calling my read lazy? You're the one advocating for a policy lim because it's too hard for you to read 4 people. That's about as lazy as it gets

I genuinely think scum could posture to get on our wagon and it would be very beneficial for them. Disguising their motive as a policy lim because "oh woe is me the hydra is overwhelming" makes sense to me. When we flip town scum can just blend into the 3-4 people wanting to policy lim us. You can call this read "lazy" but it's a real thought I had about the game

-Black
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:40 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 178, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 171, T-Bone wrote:
In post 169, Doctor Drew wrote: I kinda think T-Bone is one to go rogue as town(ie making some head scratching reads/analysis), and I have only seen him as town, so despite me disagreeing with his take on the hydra, I don't think he is scum here.

Also no judgement here Bone, I am a master at head scratching reads and analysis.

Also, 2019 Drew would hate me sticking up for a hydra
Actually I'm hoping to break this down. You called my take head scratching analysis. Why? What do you disagree with?
Basically saying that hydra dissonance is anti-town(I half joked about this take l, since I used to believe this back in the day). But now I believe it to be more of a town tell, I have even used it to appear as town once in a hydra.

Now saying that, do you think anything one of the heads has said is actually scummy? Or even do you believe that the dissonance is forced?
I get that impulse because naturally the counter to that is "if dissonance is scummy why would scum ever do it?" but then it's WIFOM anyway at that point.

To those two questions, yes, and maybe. I think I explained what about Black's behavior I didn't like (and even compared it to Dragon's who I did like). Maybe because I can see a world where Black is doing it out of spite.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:41 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 179, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 174, T-Bone wrote:
In post 172, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 167, T-Bone wrote: For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.
You can treat us like 4 different players if it helps you overcome your adversion to dissonance

Also what posts give you the impression that I'm scummy? Surely not the one where I say the policy lim crowd could have scum in it

-Black
I mean, that's pretty scummy by itself. AD did the math but grouping together any three players and saying 'one is scum' is about the most laziest thing you could do to pretend to give a take on the game. I know your protest to this is "but it's not any three players, it's three players pushing a policy lim". But then you also chose to deflect some real criticisms I had of your hydra displaying dissonance while literally disagreeing with Dragon in this thread about how you should respond to those criticisms and making a performance out of it honestly.
Can you stop calling my read lazy? You're the one advocating for a policy lim because it's too hard for you to read 4 people. That's about as lazy as it gets

I genuinely think scum could posture to get on our wagon and it would be very beneficial for them. Disguising their motive as a policy lim because "oh woe is me the hydra is overwhelming" makes sense to me. When we flip town scum can just blend into the 3-4 people wanting to policy lim us. You can call this read "lazy" but it's a real thought I had about the game

-Black
You just played a game with me so you know I like explanations. I'd have been less critical with this explanation up front.

HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:45 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 164, CUDDLE TIME wrote: cs357 was a townie that scum!HPE pushed, so this "defense" of saying it's just something it likes to do and comparing the two situations feels like a scumclaim more than anything else.
He was also an extremely annoying shitposting ratlord.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:49 am

Post by ActionDan »

@black: Seems to me the main problem was the way you phrased it differently than your intent. I happen to agree those 3 posts in succession merit questioning. But leaving it as 'lookie here, surely there's a bad un in this batch of apples' isn't saying anything much on the surface. T-bone has said his piece about the dissonance of the klick read whiplash (if I'm understanding correctly) which was warranted before extra fuel to the fire was added.

I am now curious about the HPE and Hu tao's reasons.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:51 am

Post by Klick »

So HPE, is ActionDan Kira or just the other Follower
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:54 am

In post 184, Klick wrote: So HPE, is ActionDan Kira or just the other Follower
Kira Followers don't know who the other follower is.............. Klick, you read the setup..................... right................................?
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:56 am

UNVOTE: Cuddle
Also just going to let the hydra sort itself out, see if its a clusterfuck like this one predicted.
Get To Know A Doll
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:59 am

Post by Enchant »

Vote Count

Official Vote Count 1.02
I should had posted it in first votecount really.

ExecutionWith
votes in play, it takes
to execute someone.

CUDDLE TIME
(3): Hu Tao, Radical Rat, Aureal
HighPrincessErinys
(3): ActionDan, Klick, CUDDLE TIME
T-Bone
(1): Doctor Drew
Klick
(1): Gimli

Not Voting
(2): T-Bone, HighPrincessErinys

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-02-27 17:44:05).

Grace Period: No one can be hammered for (expired on 2024-02-18 17:44:05)

Mod notes: :up: :up: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: B A
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:19 am

Post by Klick »

In post 185, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 184, Klick wrote: So HPE, is ActionDan Kira or just the other Follower
Kira Followers don't know who the other follower is.............. Klick, you read the setup..................... right................................?
Yes
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:22 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 107, Gimli wrote: aureal and black/cuddle are towny, black's townread on aureal matches my impressions.

HPE is always hard to grasp but this game it seems to be a bit on edge like nervous?

klick entered the game with a comment I dislike and I tried several times to write out the reasoning but meh maybe later
Could you please elaborate on that reasoning? I don't understand why you dislike Klick's comment, I think he's correctly predicting that there's going to be hydra dissonance with that set of players (yes, I know that's what the next few pages are gonna be about). And that, as he said, he's talking about Drew's post being a non sequitur because there hadn't been hydra dissonance
yet
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:25 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 118, ActionDan wrote: I might have found Aureal's aggression and questioning towny if it weren't for her being in the wrong at every turn. It sours me.
What on earth does that mean? What am I wrong about?
Slightly related but flavor discussion makes me itchy as I can see it being used as an avenue to communicate to Kira who their followers are. I haven't seen anything explicit yet though.
Are you kidding me, the hydra already clearly pledged their allegiance to me, the god of the new world of justice! :twisted:
As many have said Klick's entrance is doodoo.
You explain this too please.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:27 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 121, T-Bone wrote: Please put Cuddle Time to L-1 and I will insta-hammer no questions asked.
Before or after the grace period expires? :shifty:

BTW happy scumday!
-furtiveglance
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

I was gonna do it before because that would have been funny.

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:35 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 123, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 63, Aureal wrote: How's the hydra townie? I think trying to throw shade over Rat's joke is pretty sus actually. It can be harder for scum to pick up on jokes, that really seemed tone deaf.
I don't think it's that sus. I do agree that a large focus on flavor spec/setup spec is easy for scum to do to look like they're town and contributing. Granted it's quite early to be able to tell if Rat is scum doing this, but I do think it was definitely worth pointing out.
You don't...
think
your own slot's behavior is that sus? :thinking:

*sigh*

Wow I can't even make up my mind which of these wagons is better, they're both so full of sussy behavior it's crazy.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:40 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 125, ActionDan wrote: @cuddles : I can't shake that your post 7 and 8 doesn't come from scum. Rest of your hydra's posting is fine.
In post 7, CUDDLE TIME wrote: VOTE: HIGH PRINCESS SCUMRINYS

We've been opposite alignments for 4 games in a row, don't see a reason it would change now.
In post 8, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Okay bye I'm going to play the marathon NewD3 now.
????

The first one totally sounds like something I would say, and I'm always town so maaaaaybe I could kinda see it being towny (but really that's probably just a personal quirk of mine). But I definitely disagree on the second, it feels somewhat pre-emptively defensive to need to announce that you're leaving to do something else.
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:50 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 64, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 63, Aureal wrote: How's the hydra townie? I think trying to throw shade over Rat's joke is pretty sus actually. It can be harder for scum to pick up on jokes, that really seemed tone deaf.
You should understand hydra dissonance lol
Also, RE: Hydra dissonance

I was mainly making a reference to a game where Aureal and I hydra'ed and there was one day in particular where we were not agreeing lol
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:52 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 129, ActionDan wrote: Not really saying much when the chance of there being at least one scum in any 3 names is 16/21. That's higher than 75%
Huh?

You know what, I'm not even gonna try to work out what this math is, it doesn't even matter. There's a base 1/3 chance that any of your slots is scum, but categorizing them by behavior is going to shift those odds. It's something people do pretty commonly.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:04 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 160, Klick wrote: The big hydra is town
If you think their presence is net negative you should probably talk to and about other slots
Still not seeing it, sorry! I don't think it's a net negative or whatever and I don't care about 'hydra dissonance' (especially after actually having been in a hydra now, lol) or think they need to present a united front. Actually I might prefer it if they don't, even?? Trying to smash their individual thoughts together only seems like it'll muddle any chance of reading them on personality traits.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:14 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 164, CUDDLE TIME wrote: cs357 was a townie that scum!HPE pushed, so this "defense" of saying it's just something it likes to do and comparing the two situations feels like a scumclaim more than anything else.
lol

So, this was a game at least two of you were in with HPE? Meaning HPE would expect you to easily be able to reference its alignment there?

Okay honestly I have zero idea why anyone of any alignment would do that. "Hey guys look at this game where I was scum and doing what I'm doing here, so obviously I'm not scum here!"?? It's just asking for someone to do exactly what you're doing here in calling it out.

I guess HPE just honestly feels that's something it would do regardless of alignment?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

Post by Aureal »

Note to self: never hydra in a game that has T-Bone in it :eek:
-furtiveglance

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”