DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I think Kairyuu is telling the truth.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by malthusis »

Unvote
I think Tajo's claim is believeable enough for now. Before I reput my vote though,

Mod: Can you post a vote count please?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"Personal name: Ryoko Asakura. Target judged to be hostile. Requesting deletion of target's organic information interface."

ZazieR is being prodded.

In other news, I hope this vote count is correct... - Tar

The Twenty-Fourth Vote Count (aka the "My God! It's Full of Stars!" Vote Count)

2) Kinetic/Context (0) - DrippingGoofball, Kairyuu
3) DrippingGoofball (2)
4) veerus (0)
5) malthusis (0)
6) Kairyuu (0)
7) ZazieR (0)
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0)
9) dahill1 (0)
10) TehVariable (0)
11) hp [leaves] (rep. The Internet who rep. pacman281292) (0)
12) qwints (0) - Pesco47, Vi
16) ShadowGirl (2)
18) Seraphim (rep. XSilentSinX) (0) - Stef, Machiavellian-Mafia, hasdgfas, hasdgfas, qwints
20) populartajo (5) - Kinetic
21) Pesco47 (1)
22) Stef (0) - Cephrir, populartajo, hp [leaves], TehVariable, veerus, dahill1
23) Cephrir (9)
24) Xylthixlm (0)
25) StrangerCoug (0)
26) Electra (0)
27) Vi (0)
28) Machiavellian-Mafia (0)

Not Voting (9): ZazieR, ShadowGirl, Seraphim, Xylthixlm, StrangerCoug, Electra

Votes required to lynch:
????

FoS Count:

2) Context (0)
3) DrippingGoofball (2) - StrangerCoug, hp [leaves]
4) veerus (0)
5) malthusis (0)
6) Kairyuu (0)
7) ZazieR (0)
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0)
9) dahill1 (1) - populartajo
10) TehVariable (0)
11) hp [leaves] (rep. The Internet who rep. pacman281292) (0)
12) qwints (0))
16) ShadowGirl (0)
18) Seraphim (rep. XSilentSinX) (0)
20) populartajo (0)
21) Pesco47 (0)
22) Stef (0)
23) Cephrir (1) - ShadowGirl
24) Xylthixlm (2) - TehVariable, Vi
25) StrangerCoug (0)
26) Electra (0)
27) Vi (0)
28) Machiavellian-Mafia (0)

Not FoS'ing (15): Context, DrippingGoofball, veerus, malthusis, Kairyuu, ZazieR, dahill1, qwints, Seraphim, Pesco47, Stef, Cephrir, hasdgfas, Xylthixlm, Electra, Machiavellian-Mafia

Current Deadline:
????
First Mod Deadline Review:
????

End Point of Order!
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by qwints »

This game is going crazy fast.
unvote
based on the claim. I should have be read-up sometime over the next day.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I believe Kairyuu, so
vote: Cephrir (Xylthixlm)
for the investigation.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

StrangerCoug wrote:I believe Kairyuu, so
vote: Cephrir (Xylthixlm)
for the investigation.
WTF? Kairyuu
confirmed
my info.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Umm. Stragercoug. I don't really care who we investigate, but I think your reasons for wanting it to be Xyl is flawed, quite so actually. He accused me of being Mao based on information he was given about my Night action. The information was entirely accurate (I
did
use Dreams of Reality). He came to incorrect conclusions, but he still made the correct move based on the situation. I overextended myself in searching for Mao, and it lead me to seem like I
was
Mao to him. The natural conclusion is to accuse me, which he did.

@Xyl: Mind if I ask what the ability that allows you to know the name of my power is? I'm curious.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kairyuu wrote:@Xyl: Mind if I ask what the ability that allows you to know the name of my power is? I'm curious.
It was a one-shot ability to choose a player and learn the name of any non-Ultimate ability the player used that day. I can't tell you my ability's name because that would give away my role.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Hmm. May I ask the origin of your role then (since you need to claim that for my Ultimate to activate anyway)?
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

This is what you get in a mind screw game for not being careful—you screw your own mind.

Unvote: Cephrir (Xylthixlm)

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

No.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I'm suddenly thinking it's more likely for Tarhalindur to put in a "punisher" role to discourage mass claims than a role that requires a mass claim to function.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:23 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:This is what you get in a mind screw game for not being careful—you screw your own mind.

Xyl is by a long shot the towniest, sharpest scumhunter in the game.

For his vote, StrangerCoug becomes suspect. Now I have to look up the player order to vote for him, grrrrr.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:24 pm

FOS: Electra
(StrangerScum)
unvote, vote: Electra
(StrangerScum)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:This is what you get in a mind screw game for not being careful—you screw your own mind.

Xyl is by a long shot the towniest, sharpest scumhunter in the game.

For his vote, StrangerCoug becomes suspect. Now I have to look up the player order to vote for him, grrrrr.
My vote was based on a misunderstanding of how the claims were related. Honest mistakes ≠ scummy.

TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by TehVariable »

I didn't get any fakeclaims. However, I did get the ability to request any fake role pm that I want (and I may be using that soon just to make a wacky, completely improbable one).
You would of course say this anyway, whether it's true or not.
"Endless Eight" (which I suspect has something to do with the deadline, "The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya" (which sounds cool, and kinda supports my claim), and "Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!" (which I suspect makes the game into kingmaker for the day)
Ok, let me breifly go through Haruhi flavor for what I remember of these. I'm not sure if they'll have much germane to the actual effect, but it may be helpful for people good at speculation.

Editor in Chief was a short in book 8 where Nagato is confronted by the student council club president to actually do something literaturey or have the club (and it's budget) cut. Well, Haruhi (who uses the literature club room for her SOS Brigade) won't stand for this, and makes the Brigade write various parts of a literature club handout, and it ends up being a collection of stories written by each SOS Brigade member, though IIRC, only Kyon's and Yuki's are actually shown in the novel.

The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya is basically the third book which had Lone Island Syndrome (generally the whack a mole flavor, so check other MS' for details on that). It also had Mysterique Sign, where the Brigade ends up fighting a data monster type thing that looks like a sand spider IIRC? (Too bad tar isn't still alive :(). It also had Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, which was the story detailing how Kyon ends up helping middle school Haruhi make that alien sign due to some time travel hijinks. So, this book is essentially a collection of short stories.

Endless Eight is was a time loop at the last two weeks of summer holiday that was repeated a ridiculous amount of times until the Brigade completed EVERYTHING they had to do for summer (including summer homework, which somehow got neglected eight thousand or so times...yeah, gotta love Haruhi). I suspect that this will somehow include a time loop mechanic til we complete some specific action (might be fun to use :P).

As for your previous choices, Where did the cat go was in the sixth? book I believe, right after the Brigade had been trapped in an abandoned house in the middle of a snowstorm (and the factions against the various people in the brigade were somehow to do with this. it's not very relevant unless you have Snow Mountain Syndrome as an ability), but anyway, this is a repeat of lone island syndrome, except that the Brigade already knows it's fake, so it's a less "terrifying" mystery for them. Essentially, it revolves around Koizumi being the supposed murderer, and being caught because Shamisen, Kyon's cat from The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00, was the key to the mystery, being seen walking away from the "scene of the crime" and somehow this all relates to everyone's alibi. (I forgot much of it). In the end, figuring out that the cat had left and a duplicate had been put in it's place was the key to the crime. Not sure what effect this might have had.

Day of Sagittarius was a space age computer game the Computer Club challenged the Brigade to to retrieve their computer that Haruhi basically stole from them through forced blackmail (fun story if you don't mind thinking about Asahina being molested. Seriously, TV Tropes has like a long debate whether Haruhi is a sociopathic pervert or just a bored girl with too many powers she's unaware of and an active imagination) ANYWAY, Yuki ends up saving the day by countering the computer club cheating and kicking their asses in the game (that THEY developed...don't screw with aliens).

Finally, Wandering Shadow was something where there was a data based lifeform that somehow attached to dogs and made them listless and tired and just overall sick looking. So, dogs started avoiding this area, and this was cause for a mystery for the SOS Brigade to solve. Yuki of course discovered this lifeform, neutralized it in the infected dogs, and then cleared the area so dogs could walk in that area. No idea what that would do either.

I hope that flavor helps you with your choice.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

It's not a massclaim. It's an origin claim. A single origin claim. Granted, it needs to be followed by other origin claims, but the result is a pro-town ultimate activating to give the town useful information (if I survive long enough). You already know all of my powers, and none of them involve killing anyone. Are you saying you do not believe my claim any more? I highly doubt that Tar would put in diatomically opposed roles like that. If he did, then it would be physically impossible for my ultimate to activate. I doubt that would happen, even in a Tar game.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Origin claim: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

That should get you one step closer to activating your ultimate, Kairyuu :D

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:10 pm

TehVariable wrote:
I didn't get any fakeclaims. However, I did get the ability to request any fake role pm that I want (and I may be using that soon just to make a wacky, completely improbable one).
Who said that? Who are you quoting?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:12 pm

OK, I checked myself. This was a Kairyuu quote.

How on Earth is a fakeclaim ability townie???

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Wow. So these actually come from the story? Sweet. You mentioned two more of my abilities in there. Lone Island Syndrome and Snow Mountain Syndrome are both powers that I have. The final two are "Live a Live" and "The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya" if you have any flavor on that for me (I intended to read/watch the series, but never got around to it).

Also, yes, I would claim that about my role. You are entirely correct. You can believe me or not, it is up to you. My life is in the hands of the town during the Day and the other factions during Twilight. There is nothing I can do about that.

Also, unless those other two are particularly interesting, I will probably be using one of the Syndrome powers or Endless Eight because they have the most interesting potential (leaning towards the time loop, as it seems fun).
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

It's not DGB. I am a neutral role. I explained that already. I'm pretty much in my own little world right now. My winning depends only on me being able to screw with the rules for awhile and get Mao killed, and my ultimate is a lesser amount of rule altering and getting everyone to origin claim.

Also, thanks SC, now when you don't die instantly maybe Xyl will believe me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Kairyuu wrote:Also, thanks SC, now when you don't die instantly maybe Xyl will believe me.
Someone else is trying to kill me? What? Am I such a threat to the scum?

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

WTF? How does that quote have anything to do with you at all DGB? Strangercoug origin claimed, and when people see that he doesn't die because of it then maybe the rest of you guys will join in. No one said anything about wanting you dead.
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by TehVariable »

Kairyuu wrote: Wow. So these actually come from the story? Sweet. You mentioned two more of my abilities in there. Lone Island Syndrome and Snow Mountain Syndrome are both powers that I have. The final two are "Live a Live" and "The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya" if you have any flavor on that for me (I intended to read/watch the series, but never got around to it).
Hmm, I wonder what Lone Island Syndrome could be...I know Tar uses the FLAVOR of it in Whack A Mole, but not sure if he actually made another ability for it.

Snow Mountain Syndrome was basically where they got trapped in a snowstorm, found a mysterious house with time dilation like crazy, Yuki gets powered down but leaves a puzzle for them to solve. Dopplegangers of the brigade appear (leading to a Ho yay and a Les Yay, IIRC), and this ends up being a key to the key that lets them leave the house and get back to where they meant to go.

Live A Live...I forgot about, and don't feel like looking up.

This link: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... iya_Haruhi might help.

Finally...the Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya...is confusing if it's the book I'm thinking of. I haven't read it in full since I haven't found a complete translation yet...but up to current...there appear to be diverging timelines (or maybe that's that translator stuff for different translations of the book, but the events, while similar, seem to diverge a bit). Anyway, Kyon basically meets the anti-brigade. They have their own time traveller, esper, and alien, as well as a Goddess figure they want to promote (that happens to be one of Kyon's old friends). They want to get Kyon to somehow get Haruhi to transfer her powers to this friend, and that's all I really gathered.
Kairyuu wrote: to screw...the rules
Do you by any chance have green hair?

SC wrote: Origin claim: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Why? Kairyuu hasn't reached his ultimate yet, and needs to activate 3 more dreams of reality to do so. This is pointless for the time being.
DGB wrote: Someone else is trying to kill me? What? Am I such a threat to the scum?
lolwut?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”