Mini #717 - Alpha Centauri Smalltown (Game Over!)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by iamausername »

"Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded."

-- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"

-=Vote Count #8=-

Cephrir (2) - Oman, Empking
Occam (2) - MonkeyMan576, Drunken Piper
Gremwell (2) - Occam, charter
Crazy (1) - farside22

Not Voting (5) - Cephrir, christiano drago, Crazy, Gremwell, MacavityLock

7 to lynch.

-=Raging Rabbit replaces Crazy=-
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by charter »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not being panicky, I'm trying to get an explanation for being FOS'd without reasoning.
I don't know why you were Fos'd, but you pretty much blew up over it. Also, I just looked back over your posts because I can't really remember you talking very much. You've said about as little as Gremwell. You aren't trying to find scum either, you're just trying to fit in and avoid suspicion.
farside22 wrote:
charter wrote:Ha. Thought it seemed wierd, but I didn't really read it carefully. But yeah, MM is now a solid number two, right after farside,
Why did you have to wait till someone else pointed it out before saying anything?
I read it once briefly, I thought it was odd. When Oman pointed it out I gave it more attention and realized why it was odd. For the love of god, stop trying to use pointless crap. Try and actually do something useful in this game. Why not comment on Gremwell's utter lack of contribution, or his recent very scummy idea? Why not comment on MM's gross overreaction to being called likely scum in the event Occam is scum? Why do you only post terrible logic and pointless questions?
Cephrir wrote:MM did flip out a little but I don't think it was too bad. The worst thing he's done has been terrible logic (this being that farside and Occam basically can't both be scum). Gremwell I get, but I'd rather not lynch him yet since he's the doctor. I would be suspicious of Empking, but I know that he always plays like this. We seem to have quite a few lurkers which needs to be fixed.

Empking, I'd like to know why you don't think my vote was random. Don't just steal everyone else's reasons.
Not lynching someone because of their role is dumb. While doctor can be useful, in hands of scum it's way worse. Stop trying to start a lurkerhunt as well and comment on the people that are talking, they've said plenty.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not voting for Gremwall because I think Occum is scum. I agree with Farside that selfvoting is scummy and I am also suspicious of him claiming that BP townie is worthless.
You forgot "I'm scum with Gremwell". That holds more water than the reasons right there.

I honestly can't see why no one else will wagon Gremwell. What do the rest of you guys want? How do you propose getting him to start talking?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

charter wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not being panicky, I'm trying to get an explanation for being FOS'd without reasoning.
I don't know why you were Fos'd, but you pretty much blew up over it. Also, I just looked back over your posts because I can't really remember you talking very much. You've said about as little as Gremwell. You aren't trying to find scum either, you're just trying to fit in and avoid suspicion.
farside22 wrote:
charter wrote:Ha. Thought it seemed wierd, but I didn't really read it carefully. But yeah, MM is now a solid number two, right after farside,
Why did you have to wait till someone else pointed it out before saying anything?
I read it once briefly, I thought it was odd. When Oman pointed it out I gave it more attention and realized why it was odd. For the love of god, stop trying to use pointless crap. Try and actually do something useful in this game. Why not comment on Gremwell's utter lack of contribution, or his recent very scummy idea? Why not comment on MM's gross overreaction to being called likely scum in the event Occam is scum? Why do you only post terrible logic and pointless questions?
I don't thinks it's crap and I would appreciate if you stop calling things I say crap.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by charter »

Your last two 'arguments' against me have been
farside wrote:Chater: post 56 your predicition post why would you vote for the person you predict is the SK?
I've already been over (about four times now) how that wasn't serious. Occam was random.

And then it was
farside22 wrote:
Which I went over.

Both of these are pointless things to question. (And I was talking about what I was saying was useless crap, and you're trying to spin that against me somehow)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

charter wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Cephrir wrote:MM did flip out a little but I don't think it was too bad. The worst thing he's done has been terrible logic (this being that farside and Occam basically can't both be scum). Gremwell I get, but I'd rather not lynch him yet since he's the doctor. I would be suspicious of Empking, but I know that he always plays like this. We seem to have quite a few lurkers which needs to be fixed.

Empking, I'd like to know why you don't think my vote was random. Don't just steal everyone else's reasons.
Not lynching someone because of their role is dumb. While doctor can be useful, in hands of scum it's way worse. Stop trying to start a lurkerhunt as well and comment on the people that are talking, they've said plenty.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not voting for Gremwall because I think Occum is scum. I agree with Farside that selfvoting is scummy and I am also suspicious of him claiming that BP townie is worthless.
You forgot "I'm scum with Gremwell". That holds more water than the reasons right there.

I honestly can't see why no one else will wagon Gremwell. What do the rest of you guys want? How do you propose getting him to start talking?
So anyone who doesn't want to bandwagon Gremwell is automatically scum? My policy is not to change my vote unless I think the new person I'm voting for is more scummy than the person I'm currently voting. My reasons for my vote are sound, weather you agree or not.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Empking »

Cephrir, you don't random vote someone with that amount of votes unless you're an idiot. I don'yt think you're an idiot so I doubt its a random vote. But I'm voting you for one small reason when MM and G are very scummy.

Unvote

Vote; Monkeyman
because of his reaction to been called possible scum.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

Emp wrote:Cephrir, you don't random vote someone with that amount of votes unless you're an idiot.
But to be blatantly bandwagoning would be even stupider.
charter wrote:Not lynching someone because of their role is dumb. While doctor can be useful, in hands of scum it's way worse.
True. I suppose we can't vey well never lynch the good roles. I still need to look at a few more players before I place a vote.
charter wrote:Stop trying to start a lurkerhunt as well and comment on the people that are talking, they've said plenty.
I wasn't suggesting that we vote the lurkers, just that they post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:01 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I haven't been able to keep up with this game, but now that finals are done, I'll be working on a re-read. Expect something substantive mid-week.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Hello there. I appear to be a female tracker with a creepy haircut and a weird green thingy on my eye. Will get to reading shortly.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I'm at the start of page 6. Usually when a wagon builds up this quick it's a town wagon with some scum on it. Occam's self vote is a null tell. His argument with Piper reads like the all too familiar battle of two pissed off townies. Cephrir's shamless wagoning is somewhat scummy. Other than that, nothing too significant.

Will finish reading soonish, probably tommorow.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Oman »

Okay noobs, what have we got here.

I'd be hapy with a Monkeyman or Gremwell lynch. Monkeyman is rather transparent though, so Gremwell is more dangerous. Let me check roles.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Oman »

Vote Monkeyman
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm not sure what I did that was scummy besides asking for a reason for a reason why I would be guilty if Ocum is guilty, but whatever.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by Occam »

Roles aside I think Grem's played scummier. Monkeyman isn't far behind but I really don't think we ought to let the fact that this is an open setup get in the way of lynching scum.
Slice.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by charter »

Occam wrote:Roles aside I think Grem's played scummier. Monkeyman isn't far behind but I really don't think we ought to let the fact that this is an open setup get in the way of lynching scum.
Agreed.

I actually want to know why those voting MM picked him over Gremwell. I can see a possibility (remote though it may be) that MM just blew up over getting called scum as town. It doesn't excuse the rest of his scummy actions, but I think regardless, Gremwell is worse.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Oman »

I weighed them up as scummy-equals. MM simply has a more dangerous scum role.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by charter »

Whaaaat???
Are you kidding me? Politician? He botches using that once (before LYLO) and everyone will know he's scum. I don't see any use for Politician as scum before LYLO. Doctor cuts the chances of crosskills down by a lot. What makes you think politician is more dangerous in the hands of scum than doctor? (I don't see it, so I want to be enlightened)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Oman »

Wait, so now you're saying doctor is useful to scum but bulletproof isn't?

Plus its a risk reward thing, i'd rather kill a town politician than a town doctor. Also, I don't get that thing about messing up before Lylo, how do you botch a politician?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by charter »

Oman wrote:Wait, so now you're saying doctor is useful to scum but bulletproof isn't?
Where did you get this from?

Your reason for voting MM was he has a more dangerous scum role. I'm asking how you figure the politician is a more dangerous scum role than doctor.

The way I see it is, if the politician tries to sneak a vote in and quicklynches someone, it's going to be extremely obvious and MM will in all likelyhood be quicklynched himself. He can't use his role to scum's advantage without the consent of the town or giving himself up. If he manages to live until lylo, and he is scum, then he can quicklynch a townie for a win. I don't see his role helping scum before lylo. The doctor in the hands of scum significantly decreases the chance of a crosskill being sucessful. He can target his scumbuddies and just say "Oh, I felt they were protown".
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by Oman »

Didn't everyone hammer on Occam for saying Bulletproof was good for scum?

The thing is, do you think that Occam using his ability night one is anti-town?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:31 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

charter wrote:
Occam wrote:Roles aside I think Grem's played scummier. Monkeyman isn't far behind but I really don't think we ought to let the fact that this is an open setup get in the way of lynching scum.
Agreed.

I actually want to know why those voting MM picked him over Gremwell. I can see a possibility (remote though it may be) that MM just blew up over getting called scum as town. It doesn't excuse the rest of his scummy actions, but I think regardless, Gremwell is worse.
To me, Occum has messed up twice(undervaluing BP townie, self voting), while Gremwell has messed up once(withholding opinion).

I'm willing to go with the majority on Gremwell if we need my vote for a lynch, but I don't want to give the impression that I'm letting Occum off the hook.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Post by Oman »

Lulz, Gremwell's mistake is bigger than Occam's two put together.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:03 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Oman wrote:Lulz, Gremwell's mistake is bigger than Occam's two put together.
This may be true, but to me the fact that Occam has messed up twice shows a pattern, and to me a pattern is more damning than a one time occurrence. To me a one time occurrence would have to be nearly confirmed scum level damning to be overturn a vote on someone than messed up twice, unless the infractions were minor, which I don't feel is the case for Occam.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 am

Post by Empking »

charter wrote:
Agreed.

Gremwell is bad but I think the overreaction is worse.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:48 am

Post by Oman »

Not to mention he seems to be overcorrecting himself with posts such as this:
MM wrote:I'm not sure what I did that was scummy besides asking for a reason for a reason why I would be guilty if Ocum is guilty, but whatever.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”