Kemusan - Game Over

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:11 am

Post by Gypyx »

btw i've never found the courage to ask but like why do you type it "Gyphx"
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:14 am

Post by Bell »

Monosyllabic.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:16 am

Post by Gypyx »

Pretty convoluted syllabe but yeah it works
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:16 am

Post by Bell »

I kind of speed read. So I miss stuff and fill in the blanks.

I had a similar problem with datisi, that I always wrote as “datasi” because I liked subvocalizing “dat-ah-si.”
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:17 am

Post by Bell »

How do you pronounce your name?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:19 am

Post by Bell »

Or dat-tah-see.

I only fixed it when I think he started taking offense lol.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:22 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2753, Bell wrote: I kind of speed read. So I miss stuff and fill in the blanks.

I had a similar problem with datisi, that I always wrote as “datasi” because I liked subvocalizing “dat-ah-si.”
that's actually mad interesting, tbh i'm not better at all this in that i've also read fireis as "fireisdesire" for like half the game lol

i pronounce it Gy-Picks, with a G like in "Igloo"

tbh i've also considered changing it in some way cause i've gotten a fair share of people reading it as "Gypsy" and that was NOT the impression i wanted to give out lol

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:25 am

Post by Bell »

There are 116 posts in our neighborhood since someone asked.

We’ll be going over both neighborhoods when we review.

I was thinking more along the lines of sphinx, when reading your name. But I thought that wasn’t what you were going for. But it sounded cool.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:25 am

Post by Bell »

How many posts are in your neighborhood?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:26 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2758, Bell wrote: How many posts are in your neighborhood?

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:26 am

Post by Bell »

For real?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:26 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2757, Bell wrote: There are 116 posts in our neighborhood since someone asked.

We’ll be going over both neighborhoods when we review.

I was thinking more along the lines of sphinx, when reading your name. But I thought that wasn’t what you were going for. But it sounded cool.
well it could become that :P suggestion box is open

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:27 am

Post by Bell »

Oh well.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:27 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2760, Bell wrote: For real?
yeah for real for real

i've kinda chosen to not talk too much during intermission and then i think we both preffered to put everything on the table for everyone to see

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Bell »

Please note, I'm not done.

This is neighborhood summary.

1. First posts: I'm whining and making a stray comment that I like some of mitski's song.
HST then whines.
2. HST says they were holding back on pushing Cabd because they thought they would suicide on FF if they town read ff. Said they felt sad that they didn't defend FF from all the rock throwing they were enduring as people called them scum, alas it was all for naught. Later down the line they talk about how they mind melded with LLD because LLD said the same thing about their read.*^1.
3. I replied that I was pretty neutral on Cabd because his child bit him and his house was on vacation at the bottom of a lake. Again.
4. HST said that they had been town reading them initially and been giving them slack because of RL stuff but then their patience was reduced because Cabd seemed to intentionally be doing nothing when they were around. They stated their entire play on day 1 was based in FF town. Then they said their scum read became pretty strong after they posted about the Lavar slip because they felt that Cabd town would have consistently pressured Lavar rather than just poking them once.
5. HST felt that it was great that Cabd died, but since Cabd did it on purpose it wasn't satisfying since they weren't caught.
6. Ah. interesting, they asked what had happened in the neighborhood when Enchant left. It's a little on the nose.
7. They speculated that we were likely going to get shot.
8. I speculated that the double self-kill seemed like bad play. Because math > soft fuzzy wuzzy advantages.
9. HST says it was a good, or at least not bad, play because their entire play for the day was based on the FF read and letting them live as long as possible.
10. HST asked the age old question, if I am to die Bell, what is the point of it? What's the point of doing anything? And they came to the natural conclusion that motivates our entire species: Bragging rights (I'm joking, small beans reason to try).
11. Set up question, I forgot how long the intermission lasts, vaguely remembered they tended to be short. HST corrected me.
*1. I countered that hiding a read on a player is also a means by which you're afforded flexibility. If things don't work out you can say whatever or make up whatever you're thinking, it's trajectory hiding. Not scummy, on its own but it provides deniability and obfuscation.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

gonna describe our hood after that

2. tired so correct me if i'm misguided but isn't it kinda weird to assume scum would suicide on someone? that just doesn't sound like the scum play i'd usually expect without a reason to expect it (like, in that case i'm thinking just being in the scum PT and knowing their plans)

i'm seeing other weird stuff like 3. and 9. but i belive it's self explainatory (like, yeah mindmelding with your only scumbuddy is bad and arguing scum is doing good plays is bad)

gonna do our read PT too before going to bed

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by Bell »

Skitter thought it wasn't weird.
And obviously Cabd, LLD, and Enchant didn't either.

I mean, enchant's a fairy, I don't expect to understand them, but the other two do their homework.
Sort of.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:35 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2766, Bell wrote: Skitter thought it wasn't weird.
And obviously Cabd, LLD, and Enchant didn't either.

I mean, enchant's a fairy, I don't expect to understand them, but the other two do their homework.
Sort of.
no what i mean is like, it's kinda out of nowhere, (don't think it's ever been done in dance?) so i'm calling informed on that, yeah with hindisght obv it makes sense

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by Gypyx »

1. i say i plan on dropping thoughts here cause i didn't feel so at easy in the thread at the time of intermission starting
2. i say i'm sussing RH9 / skitter / RCE / STD and townreading fireis / HST / enchant
3. Spiffeh asks me to elaborate on the skitt pair
4./5. i'm surprised and confused night is so soon
6. Spiffeh claims he was townreading enchant, bummed out about his flip
7. I say it's cool and maybe scum just wants to kill someone directly
8. I elaborate that STD was basically switching between posting styles for no apparent reason and that skitter is mostly a gut read, but also that i'm big wrong already so let's maybe be cautious, also thinking we could've died today or LLD / fire (gotta remember idk why i thought that)
9. announcing i'm taking a break from mafia

the sleepiness is coming, more coming later

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by Bell »

I’m going to revisit 9.
But I’m going to continue recounting the neighborhood.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:37 pm

Post by Bell »

My 9. Not your 9.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:40 pm

Post by Bell »

12. HST states they get why Cabd left, but doesn't understand why Enchant left. Given FIR wasn't town read well. It's a fair point.
13. I replied that I don't think Enchant or Cabd gave away much, then stated that Enchant probably*2 left because someone directed them to.
14. HST is parallel posting and suspects Enchant left to deny information.
15. HST makes a a joke solve of RCE and Sircakez where a string of unfortunate incidents resulted in them pairing up.
16. I make a statement about sheeping FF.
17. I start actually giving voice to my feelings on LLD that I dare not directly voice in the thread for fear of consequences (read: LLD). I note that they set themselves up day 1 with the intent to garner influence. LLD talks about power a lot, so, while it's noted I don't and didn't think it was scummy on its own.
18. HST responds that they town read LLD for mind melding in their approach to FF, i.e., say nothing in the hopes that FF lives longer. They need a second look they say.*3.
19. HST proposes a division of labor, I'll look at LLD and they'll look at Skitter. *4. This is after they speculate on FF's final reads list, noting that they were wrong because enchant was scum.
20. HST whines about the number of posts FF has.
21. They say they have a weak town lean on Skitter so that's why they'll look at skitter.
22. Then they ask me if I've ever played with Skitter scum, I have not. They said they've played with Skitter twice both times they were town.
23. HST starts making some notes to self. They looked at their assumptions and particular points: around how far in advance (if at all) Cabd planned to kill themselves. Did Enchant let give forewarning before they left. And then they speculated that Enchant may've posted how they posted because they knew they were expendable. Based on meta, I didn't really think it was unique to scum enchant. They kind of always seemed resigned to death. Fairies live short lives.
24. HST teased me.
25. HST gets distracted by a shiny, makes an RH9 read, notes that RH9 seemed to want to pair with Ydra, but had mentioned they were okay with Ydra pairing with Enchant even though they had admitted they couldn't read enchant so it was weird they were okay with it. Says they're going to make paranoia posts and asks that I be innoculated and tolerant of their paranoid ways.
26. I lay out my issues with what I observed of LLD day 1, if enchant had planned to leave and LLD is scum then:
a. LLD had advocated for Enchant death poorly, not really explaining themselves, essentially blunting their own case then became absent only to pop in again at the last minute to say they told us so. I note that LLD positioning for influence as scum makes sense here because a large swathe of players lost influence because they were wrong about Enchant. I tend to examine the concept of fairness that people share and think that LLD would leverage that sense that LLD didn't get a turn to kill a scum read while everyone else had their shot and messed up, so it's only fair that *they* get a turn now. This is exactly what LLD did and exactly what Firebringer and Spiffeh were drawn into. I made a counter argument to the mind meld, pointing out that while it could be a mindmeld it could also just be that they didn't say anything because it didn't benefit her to say anything when your enemy is making a mistake*5.
27. I take a moment of self pity, realizing that likely if I hadn't pushed to save Enchant and had just not played at all, Enchant probably've died.

*2. Enchant is a supernatural creature, a fairy, normal rules don't always apply to them.
*3. Will check when I go through the thread if they ever followed up or checked in with LLD to get them to clarify their statement.
*4. Revisit this later.
*5. Quote that may or may not have been lifted from Napoleon.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2768, Gypyx wrote: 1. i say i plan on dropping thoughts here cause i didn't feel so at easy in the thread at the time of intermission starting
2. i say i'm sussing RH9 / skitter / RCE / STD and townreading fireis / HST / enchant
3. Spiffeh asks me to elaborate on the skitt pair
4./5. i'm surprised and confused night is so soon
6. Spiffeh claims he was townreading enchant, bummed out about his flip
7. I say it's cool and maybe scum just wants to kill someone directly
8. I elaborate that STD was basically switching between posting styles for no apparent reason and that skitter is mostly a gut read, but also that i'm big wrong already so let's maybe be cautious, also thinking we could've died today or LLD / fire (gotta remember idk why i thought that)
9. announcing i'm taking a break from mafia

the sleepiness is coming, more coming later
2. Can you expand on 2? Did you provide any reasoning in that post or was it just a list?
3. Did you elaborate on it? You did! You did elaborate on it, neat.
4/5: Spiffeh without giving an exact time, was Gypyx posting parallel to when enchant flipped? Does their confusion about what happened seem forced or fake to you? As mentioned, It was *probably planned for Enchant to live right after Cabd if they managed to get enchant through. Posting confusion there is prime time for feigning ignorance.
8. May or may not revisit this.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:30 pm

Post by Bell »

28. I agree that their argument for RH9 scum is worth pursuing. I speculated that the difference in RH9's posting may be due to scum coaching, but also stated that it didn't seem like RH9 was being closely managed by the scum team if they were openly commenting on Enchant. Speculated that if RH9 is scum the point is probably mute because we'll be dead.
29. I considered if Gypyx/Spiffeh, FB/LLD contained no scum they might be killed instead(Second most town pairing, FB/LLD could be a mafia nightmare if neither are scum).
30. I say I think we're gunna die, HST agrees since we're widely town read.*6 *7.
31. We lived. the first thing I say after that is that if HST is scum they made a wonderful meal out of casing RH9 when they knew they were going to die but that they needed to slow down on all the town tells because they're doing it too well.
....>_>/. They responded with a death emoji.
32. HST: Speculated that we were spared because scum thought they could drag us down.
33. HST: says they dislike how Skitter is approaching us and don't agree on the angle.
34. I'm following LLD's play and stating they appear to be doing exactly what I said they'd do. I notice that how LLD is speaking with me is different than usual and wonder if that's because she's trying to manage me. It still works, imo. Even if I was immediately paranoid of them, if they had said it differently I might've dug my heels in. I posture in the neighborhood that I have no good side so LLD is wasting their time trying to stay on mine.*8.
35. HST makes that massive post they drop in the wrong thread. *9
36. HST realizes that they may be trying too hard to figure out who the scum are through trying to interpret Cabd, when figuring out who the town dance pairs are might be easier.
37: They go into who they think are likely town: Sircakez, Spiffeh, LLD.
38: HST provides a soliloquy on the nature of leadership and responsibility as a T-T pairing, given they tend to play scummy in their usual games. will they rise to the occasion? Or will they die alone, abandoned by their Gods and countrymen? Find out next time. 39: Notes that if I'm deep scum it would take more effort and paranoia spiraling than they're comfortable with so they'll just take the loss in stride. *10.

*6. Yeah, I didn't know that scum traditionally kill the IC pairing if they were paired with town. Firebringer saved me a lot of thinking by mentioning this.
*7: Revisit this, Re: Punctuation.
*8: May revisit to see if cross communication occurred.
*9: Revisit this for T-HST and S-HST.
*10: May or may not revisit. But it will be very minor if I do.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:49 pm

Post by Bell »

39. HST anticipates people will come after them as the weak link.
40. I say stay the course, I express frustration that Gypyx is not town telling, then tell HST we can try to kill the contrarians first if they're worried about scum shifting the game where the minority becomes the majority.
41. I give myself a sarcastic pat on the back for telling gypyx not to scum read us if they can't town tell. I throw a jab at HST for Gypyx calling one of their posts, icky. They don't acknowledge it.Typical. I state that after engaging with Gypyx I got nowhere.
42. I complain that LLD spent the entire time arguing about why they should be given a chance and then once that battle was won, they didn't go straight into solving but disappeared, like the point was to be given that chance instead of to actually do the solving part afterward. I softened on it though because I can relate to spending so much time defending myself that I don't really hunt.
43. HST blames me for asking Gypyx to try to do what they did with that brain dump, saying it was natural that they couldn't do it and that only an abyss starer could do so.
44. HST spends time complaining on the uncertainty of neighborhood activity and solving, stating that they do not know if FB and LLD are solving in their neighborhood or not. They're aware they're being a hypocrite and say as much *11.
45. HST says they also got nowhere with Gypyx because she just said normal things in response to them and their questions.
46. HST notes that SC and RCE disagree on which town pairs have town in them. Create a list of where people are.
47. HST says they probably aren't going to read their own large post that they wrote and try to reach a conclusion/do something with it. This was unprompted.
48: HST thinks that their massive post is outdated given that finding a town/town pair is more important.
49: HST wants to keep track of everyone's reactions. Doesn't really think people are going to come out with strong opinions given that the players in this game can be kind of wishy-washy (Lookin' at you spiffeh).*12.
50. I state my preference for FB's approach and state that my typical approach to scum hunting is POE anyway. Though by this point I've showed that in thread.
51. I get annoyed at Skitter for 2486. Pointing out that LLD's claim that they pushed Enchant hard just wasn't true from my perspective. LLD can murder people when she wants to, she knows the motions and she didn't do it. I speculate that the scum team probably had thoughts/'plans' in place for whether Enchant died or not and didn't agree that it was an either/or or that scum are incapable of having multiple contingencies at once. I point out that Cabd did not weigh in heavily on the Lavar/Enchant debate. They stepped on the scale, but only lightly and express confusion that Skitter agrees with the premise when it doesn't make sense in the first place.
52. I realize LLD was rebutting somebody's argument and say as much.
53. I asked HST if they still think the FB/LLD pairing is t/t.
54. HST says yes, but expresses some misgivings given LLDs disappearance.
55. HST complains about neighborhoods and how it conflicts with their playstyle that people are posting in them instead of in the main thread. *13.
56. I disagree, say I think that people tend to post about the same in their neighborhoods and in the thread. I state that HST can ask about people's posting activity in the neighborhood but that I want to get the answer to my question about people's 4 strongest town reads.

*11: Revisit. Mech spec. angle.
*12: Spiffeh is sometimes uncertain whether he is or is not a mouse.
*13: The irony!

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”