Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:53 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 417, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: This game has so much information packed into 17 pages it's making my head spin. Sorry, I don't have time to detangle it right now.

However, it wouldn't hurt to give an ordered list based on feels.

From town to scum: Cuddle, Klick, Erinys, Gimli, Aureal, Tao, Dan, Rat, Drew.
Welcome! Can you explain what the feels are based on? Did you skim the whole game, read a few pages, or what?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:54 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 422, Radical Rat wrote: Drew out of ten Doctors agree: You should vote Klick
Wazzat you say? Vote Drew? :thinking:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:25 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

My thoughts on the red herring signaling thing are like... It's a delicate balance, it's SUPER delicate. Both the Assistant and Followers will want to signal who they are to the Detective and Kira respectively but when scum has to correctly signal to and identify each other to be cohesive, town is going to be on high alert for that, and likewise with Detective/Assistant and scum. This one would like to think it can do better to signal to Kira "hey im a follower!! yahoo!!" than latching onto Gimli, especially if Gimli were my Kira. The main benefit to Kira-Follower identification is both not wasting Kira's time with failed kills, and more importantly: Shinigami Eyes. Last time we condemned a Follower D1 and detective died and we had to scramble to find Kira but in the long haul of a full 5 days, Followers do NOT want to stick their necks out, because it means less chances of successful identification of the Detective, and less time to prove yourself to Kira. If Kira has both Followers figured out and one blurts out "Hey [Player]'s visible name is fake, it's [Name]" then that's gg unless we catch Kira the next day. This isn't actually very relevant to anything right now other than "we should probably look harder for non-surface level signaling" and guys PLEASE ME TRUST ME ITS NOT SIGNALING THIS ONE WAS JUST FUCKING AROUND WITH GIMLI Image
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:30 pm

In post 427, HighPrincessErinys wrote: My thoughts on the red herring signaling thing are like... It's a delicate balance, it's SUPER delicate. Both the Assistant and Followers will want to signal who they are to the Detective and Kira respectively but when scum has to correctly signal to and identify each other to be cohesive, town is going to be on high alert for that, and likewise with Detective/Assistant and scum. This one would like to think it can do better to signal to Kira "hey im a follower!! yahoo!!" than latching onto Gimli, especially if Gimli were my Kira. The main benefit to Kira-Follower identification is both not wasting Kira's time with failed kills, and more importantly: Shinigami Eyes. Last time we condemned a Follower D1 and detective died and we had to scramble to find Kira but in the long haul of a full 5 days, Followers do NOT want to stick their necks out, because it means less chances of successful identification of the Detective, and less time to prove yourself to Kira. If Kira has both Followers figured out and one blurts out "Hey [Player]'s visible name is fake, it's [Name]" then that's gg unless we catch Kira the next day. This isn't actually very relevant to anything right now other than "we should probably look harder for non-surface level signaling" and guys PLEASE ME TRUST ME ITS NOT SIGNALING THIS ONE WAS JUST FUCKING AROUND WITH GIMLI Image
and also to try and coalesce this unhinged ramble into something tangible: This one has incognito, and put it on Gimli, which is only useful if this one is town with him (not that it can know if it IS town
with
him) as Kira has no need to put it on someone else and Followers have no need to put it on Kira as they probably aren't getting killed in like 2 days. Similarly, Followers wouldn't put it on themselves as they have fake names, same with Detective. This is really more NAI than anything but unless you think this one big brained enough to think about this pre-game then its also simultaneously moreso towny.
Get To Know A Doll
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:31 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 426, Aureal wrote:
In post 422, Radical Rat wrote: Drew out of ten Doctors agree: You should vote Klick
4 out of 5 Drew's do not recommend this
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:22 pm

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

In post 425, Aureal wrote:
In post 417, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: This game has so much information packed into 17 pages it's making my head spin. Sorry, I don't have time to detangle it right now.

Welcome! Can you explain what the feels are based on? Did you skim the whole game, read a few pages, or what?
I did skim the whole game.
You can call me "Willow".
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:23 pm

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

In post 429, Doctor Drew wrote:
I want to meet the 5th Drew. He sounds like a fun guy.
You can call me "Willow".
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 431, Little Will o' Wisp wrote:
In post 429, Doctor Drew wrote:
I want to meet the 5th Drew. He sounds like a fun guy.
Nah you don't, the 5th Drew hates whiskey and is always about srz bizness
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:21 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 428, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 427, HighPrincessErinys wrote: My thoughts on the red herring signaling thing are like... It's a delicate balance, it's SUPER delicate. Both the Assistant and Followers will want to signal who they are to the Detective and Kira respectively but when scum has to correctly signal to and identify each other to be cohesive, town is going to be on high alert for that, and likewise with Detective/Assistant and scum. This one would like to think it can do better to signal to Kira "hey im a follower!! yahoo!!" than latching onto Gimli, especially if Gimli were my Kira. The main benefit to Kira-Follower identification is both not wasting Kira's time with failed kills, and more importantly: Shinigami Eyes. Last time we condemned a Follower D1 and detective died and we had to scramble to find Kira but in the long haul of a full 5 days, Followers do NOT want to stick their necks out, because it means less chances of successful identification of the Detective, and less time to prove yourself to Kira. If Kira has both Followers figured out and one blurts out "Hey [Player]'s visible name is fake, it's [Name]" then that's gg unless we catch Kira the next day. This isn't actually very relevant to anything right now other than "we should probably look harder for non-surface level signaling" and guys PLEASE ME TRUST ME ITS NOT SIGNALING THIS ONE WAS JUST FUCKING AROUND WITH GIMLI Image
and also to try and coalesce this unhinged ramble into something tangible: This one has incognito, and put it on Gimli, which is only useful if this one is town with him (not that it can know if it IS town
with
him) as Kira has no need to put it on someone else and Followers have no need to put it on Kira as they probably aren't getting killed in like 2 days. Similarly, Followers wouldn't put it on themselves as they have fake names, same with Detective. This is really more NAI than anything but unless you think this one big brained enough to think about this pre-game then its also simultaneously moreso towny.
Holy essay
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

This seems contradicting. So much information that you don't have time to go through it, yet you're able to give a reads list in order.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Hi Kira, I am your loyal follower. Please do not kill me at night. Thank you.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

According to HPE I cannot be a follower as I would not want to stick my neck out.

See how weird that is?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 434, Hu Tao wrote:

This seems contradicting. So much information that you don't have time to go through it, yet you're able to give a reads list in order.
I actually do enjoy that I am being scum read that much
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 435, Hu Tao wrote: Hi Kira, I am your loyal follower. Please do not kill me at night. Thank you.
Oh. Okay. Thanks for letting me know.

VOTE: Gimli
-furtiveglance
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:17 pm

In post 435, Hu Tao wrote: Hi Kira, I am your loyal follower. Please do not kill me at night. Thank you.
In post 436, Hu Tao wrote: According to HPE I cannot be a follower as I would not want to stick my neck out.

See how weird that is?
Be pedantic (okay no, maybe not the right word. maliciously compliant?) about it all you want but that just seems like the play to make as town too, tbh. Hit Kira with the delicious WIFOM of "are they just actually fucking saying it out loud?? should i believe them?? What Are They Cooking???????". Followers can only be killed by Kira if assassinated or one erroneously says the name of the other thinking they're Detective. Trolling Kira by proclaiming you're a Follower and that Kira shouldn't waste time writing your name down is both funny and again, probably a valid strategy if done right. Of course its not foolproof because if you're not actively going "look how stupid saying that is thats so dumb ugh" and trying to rebuke me for reasons unknown then you're probably going to raise some eyebrows from town.
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:18 pm

In post 437, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 434, Hu Tao wrote:

I actually do enjoy that I am being scum read that much
FWIW this one didn't manage a proper catchup/refreshening but it did look at your ISO and think you were town
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:19 pm

In post 439, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 436, Hu Tao wrote: According to HPE I cannot be a follower as I would not want to stick my neck out.

See how weird that is?
Be pedantic (okay no, maybe not the right word. maliciously compliant?) about it all you want but that just seems like the play to make as town too, tbh. Hit Kira with the delicious WIFOM of "are they just actually fucking saying it out loud?? should i believe them?? What Are They Cooking???????". Followers can only be killed by Kira if assassinated or one erroneously says the name of the other thinking they're Detective. Trolling Kira by proclaiming you're a Follower and that Kira shouldn't waste time writing your name down is both funny and again, probably a valid strategy if done right. Of course its not foolproof because if you're not actively going "look how stupid saying that is thats so dumb ugh" and trying to rebuke me for reasons unknown then you're probably going to raise some eyebrows from town.
In other words: Hu Tao thinks too small and therefore cannot be Kira.
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:23 pm

In post 441, HighPrincessErinys wrote: In other words: Hu Tao thinks too small and therefore cannot be Kira.
dont actually take this seriously btw this ones seen HT bring two scum games back from the brink basically solo and it wasnt lying in normal 2322 when it said it cant read her
Get To Know A Doll
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:25 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Hi I probably won't post much, or at all, until Sunday

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:34 pm

Post by Enchant »

Vote Count

Official Vote Count 1.05
When you run out of room to write in the notebook, you may ask the original Shinigami owner for another. How many Death Notes would you need?

ExecutionWith
votes in play, it takes
to execute someone.

HighPrincessErinys
(2): ActionDan, Gimli
Klick
(2): Radical Rat, Doctor Drew
Gimli
(2): CUDDLE TIME, Aureal
Aureal
(1): Hu Tao

Not Voting
(3): Little Will o' Wisp, HighPrincessErinys, Klick

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-02-27 17:44:05).

Grace Period: No one can be hammered for (expired on 2024-02-18 17:44:05)

Mod notes: b
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:09 pm

Post by Gimli »

HPE could easily be kira with aureal and maybe will o'wisp as followers

all aureal did this game wrt HPE was soft defend it

o'wisp had a reads list that puts HPE as the third towniest slot (!)

of course, you wouldn't put your kira as your towniest slot when it hasn't been towny, but you also wouldn't toss it in a POE
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:13 pm

Post by Gimli »

all t-bone did in game was get really loud with the hydra

all mentions to HPE aren't reads but there's a great deal of soft defending it by pushing the hydra really hard
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:20 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 428, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
with
okay

can you explain why incognito would be useful if you're town with me? granted I haven't read the setup yet
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:22 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 413, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 378, Gimli wrote: have a pretty busy day so I can't be around rn

I read the game before going to bed which served to strenghten my klick and cuddle townreads, especially the latter's scumcase on me is very towny. I did like RR's push on klick on a townposting level, as it came across as genuine.

HPE seems detached from the game and I'm ready to flip it (sorry for always flipping you though, HPE)

Gimliiiiiii

Stop pocketing meeeeee :(

It's not faaaaaaair!

Must resist pocket!
Can't resist pocket...
UNVOTE:
But what if he's Kira?
But what if he's not Kira and I am going to mislim him again and feel really bad?
UNVOTE:
But you know you can vote Gimli without limming him, right?
Ugh, fine
Alright, I will keep this vote until either Gimli posts more towny things or I find a better person to wagon. Or one of my other heads finds a better person to wagon.

Yes, I am aware that this is performative. That's kinda my thing. Doesn't mean it's not a true (albeit somewhat exaggerated) representation of my thoughts.

- Dragon
you're too cute, DE

question for you: if I'm kira, then who are my followers?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:28 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'll tie your legs

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”