Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:28 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Right then, Dan gets off the list of backup Kiras, and my current solve remains unchanged.

I will compromise to avoid deadline if necessary, but I still strongly prefer Klick.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:36 pm

Post by Freedom »

i'm going to iso hu now but she's nullish rn
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 324, Radical Rat wrote: I thought the push on HPE was weak, and expressed as much, but what stuck out to me was your insistence on it being a red herring, and your supposition that Action Dan was Kira based on basically nothing. I wanted to wait and see how things developed, and then they just got worse.

Your reaction to HPE claiming a shitpost seemed to indicate you thought it WAS signaling Kira, but that doesn't quite align with your red herring claim earlier. I thought perhaps you might have been a Follower either misdirecting to protect Gimli, perhaps assuming HPE was the other partner and being worried someone else would interpret that as a signal, or potentially Dan's Follower, trying to do a reverse psychology, which would explain why you never actually voted Dan.

But then Gimli's suggestion that Kira won't look scummy combined with you being absent from his PoE pool due to "investigative depth" that doesn't exist, with you yourself describing your reads as vibe-based, made all of the pieces Klick into place.

You jumped at HPE because, as Kira, you're looking for these signals, and having seen something that you think looks like a signal but directed towards someone else, you tried to push that narrative. No matter whether it lands on Gimli or Dan, it's not you. Gimli's oddities would put him as a strong Follower candidate, and then Dragon immediately jumping on me as soon as I suggested I thought you were Kira... well I think he's overplayed the hand now.

So I suppose to answer your question, Klick, what I'm looking for... is justice.
Rereading this, meh I can see your points of Klick being Kira. But I feel annoyed cause I want to have some townreads I'm confident of. And I'm also still reading Rat as scum.

Rat, would you mind untunneling Klick for a bit and pushing elsewhere as if Klick flipped not-Kira (which would helo me read you better if you are town and in fact also help me read Klick better), and then you can go back to pushing him?

I mean you can't be 100% sure he's Kira anyway and your tunnel makes you hard to read and the gamestate pretty annoying yo operate in. If you die then I will seriously consider pushing Klick. If you don't you can resume pushing him tomorrow after we have info from a flip and detective, which will like help, I guess.

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Dan has made sense so far with his read on me. I can find it believable.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:23 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 602, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 324, Radical Rat wrote: I thought the push on HPE was weak, and expressed as much, but what stuck out to me was your insistence on it being a red herring, and your supposition that Action Dan was Kira based on basically nothing. I wanted to wait and see how things developed, and then they just got worse.

Your reaction to HPE claiming a shitpost seemed to indicate you thought it WAS signaling Kira, but that doesn't quite align with your red herring claim earlier. I thought perhaps you might have been a Follower either misdirecting to protect Gimli, perhaps assuming HPE was the other partner and being worried someone else would interpret that as a signal, or potentially Dan's Follower, trying to do a reverse psychology, which would explain why you never actually voted Dan.

But then Gimli's suggestion that Kira won't look scummy combined with you being absent from his PoE pool due to "investigative depth" that doesn't exist, with you yourself describing your reads as vibe-based, made all of the pieces Klick into place.

You jumped at HPE because, as Kira, you're looking for these signals, and having seen something that you think looks like a signal but directed towards someone else, you tried to push that narrative. No matter whether it lands on Gimli or Dan, it's not you. Gimli's oddities would put him as a strong Follower candidate, and then Dragon immediately jumping on me as soon as I suggested I thought you were Kira... well I think he's overplayed the hand now.

So I suppose to answer your question, Klick, what I'm looking for... is justice.
Rereading this, meh I can see your points of Klick being Kira. But I feel annoyed cause I want to have some townreads I'm confident of. And I'm also still reading Rat as scum.

Rat, would you mind untunneling Klick for a bit and pushing elsewhere as if Klick flipped not-Kira (which would helo me read you better if you are town and in fact also help me read Klick better), and then you can go back to pushing him?

I mean you can't be 100% sure he's Kira anyway and your tunnel makes you hard to read and the gamestate pretty annoying yo operate in. If you die then I will seriously consider pushing Klick. If you don't you can resume pushing him tomorrow after we have info from a flip and detective, which will like help, I guess.

- Dragon
Top 2 most likely to be kira?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:51 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Well, the flip we're actually guaranteed to get is going to be Kira, Detective, or Neither.

If Klick manages to flip Detective, Dan immediately becomes the biggest suspect, and my attention would turn to trying to figure out whether he's a Follower hoping to distract from Kira with his claim, or Kira banking on us assuming Kira wouldn't be so bold.

If Klick flips as neither, and we get no further information, I will work under the assumption he was a Follower, and my gaze shifts toward Gimli. In this scenario, I probably start townreading you. My working theory would be that Klick saw HPE's interaction with Gimli as a signal, believed that HPE was the other follower, and was worried that the Town would pick up on that, and started attempting damage control by calling it an intentional red herring and trying to drag attention to Dan instead.

If Klick flips neither, and we get a flip claiming him to be Town, and that flip comes from a trustworthy source, I have to re-evaluate everything. My pool would probably become HPE/Hu Tao/Willow, because they're the ones who are basically in my Town pile by default, but I don't have any strong, direct reads on.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:47 am

Post by ActionDan »

I will be very busy today. I will compromise only on gimli, klick, and HPE. No one else
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:53 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 593, ActionDan wrote: You said he was exposed to you voting him for reactions in another game so I wouldn't put much stock into a reaction test in which he had foresight. I agree that his thinking on you and T-bone and ofc the HPE vote were perfectly reasonable and fine. But not on Gimli and not on me. They are simply not reasonable reads that Klick, being an intelligent mafia player, would have. I've gone over why that is in my previous posts. I don't know if you want a refresher.

---

Considering that deadline is approaching and I do have 4 votes, I feel compelled to claim that I am either Assistant or Detective. If I am not, a theoretical Assistant can CC me.
I missed this

VOTE: Gimli

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:53 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Willing to vote Klick maybe

- Dragon
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:53 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Argh whatever

VOTE: Klick
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:03 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Also

I was gonna write a mechpost about how the detective should claim D3 and the assistant should never claim but I think it's maybe, a tiny bit, too late for that.

What I do think is a good idea is that the detective should aim for people he suspects as being followers, not Kira. A detective inno doesn't clear someone of being Kira (since they could've given the death note away), but it does clear someone of being a follower. Also we should massclaim at the start of each day if we got the note or not, and if someone doesn't claim receiving it but does have secrets they are guilty.

- Dragon
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:03 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 604, Hu Tao wrote: Top 2 most likely to be kira?
My thoughts were Gimli and Aureal.

- Dragon
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:04 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Actually Klick could still be a Gimli follower which is why I voted Gimli earlier.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:13 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 611, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 604, Hu Tao wrote: Top 2 most likely to be kira?
My thoughts were Gimli and Aureal.

- Dragon
Join me on Aureal
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:14 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I think this game would have been more fun if I was Kira or a follower. This is too hard as town ngl :lol:
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:37 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Hu Tao, could you please TLDR me your reads?

- Dragon
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:23 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 615, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Hu Tao, could you please TLDR me your reads?

- Dragon
You town is the only one I'm confident in. Areal I think has a chance of being scum.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:24 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Drew I think might be town too. Unsure
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:46 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant like give explanation of these reads.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:56 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Mostly all is gut and not worth trying to explain again if I'm being honest
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:29 am

Post by Enchant »

Vote Count

Official Vote Count 1.07We have no time for flavor.

ExecutionWith
votes in play, it takes
to execute someone.

Klick
(3): Radical Rat, ActionDan, CUDDLETIME
ActionDan
(2): Gimli, HighPrincessErinys
Aureal
(1): Hu Tao
Gimli
(1): Aureal

Not Voting
(3): Little Will o' Wisp, Klick, Freedom

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-02-27 17:44:05).

Grace Period: No one can be hammered for (expired on 2024-02-18 17:44:05)

Mod notes: Busy kinda.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 am

Post by Freedom »

VOTE: klick
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:22 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

bruh
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:22 am

Post by Freedom »

i trust dan to be trueclaiming given the lack of ccs
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:23 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Oh. 1 day left. Uhh... I think I remember liking Klick before ill need to double check

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”