Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 323, June wrote:
In post 321, Firebringer wrote: i think u shouldn't talk about warrior cats at all
I think you should feel the firey shot of my vigilante gun at night for saying this
Killing a dog is just bad manners
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 324, Firebringer wrote: idk who i would kill regardless of what Gob flipped. I haven't really been thinking about any associations if gob was scum. I don't even really think gob is scum right now, we are assuming a lot of things at this point and bound to be wrong on a few assumptions.

If gob is town then idk what that means for June or Dunnyboi
If gob is scum it probably means at least June is town
It can tell you who it would shoot if Gob was town and if Gob was scum, but it worries it will cause another "USING THE NUMBERS" argument...

But it has what it thinks are some decent ideas? Would you be interested in engaging with those?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 319, June wrote: i actually dont think in general 'this' is how i would play as a wolf anymore it's not really fun to do nothing and then die for it
Do you have a player in this game you're most afraid of being unable to read correctly?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:39 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i am almost curious on what ur thinking but ive kind of sorted u in my town pile so im not that curious because now i don't really need to sort u.

I am not that interested in going down wild mass guessing in worlds of gob alignment right now. Kind of want to explore other players independently instead of associations. I don't use associations until i get some actual flips underneath to know if i am at least living in the correct world.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:39 pm

Post by June »

In post 327, Oblivion wrote:
In post 319, June wrote: i actually dont think in general 'this' is how i would play as a wolf anymore it's not really fun to do nothing and then die for it
Do you have a player in this game you're most afraid of being unable to read correctly?
not really ask me at eod
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:39 pm

Post by Oblivion »

Apologies if that is a weird question, it just had this sudden sense of you as a player who is very anxious and desperately does not want to be put in a situation where the whole game relies on your choices, so I was interested in who if anyone you are most worried about.
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 329, June wrote:
not really ask me at eod
my ego says u should pick me
Show

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 328, Firebringer wrote: i am almost curious on what ur thinking but ive kind of sorted u in my town pile so im not that curious because now i don't really need to sort u.

I am not that interested in going down wild mass guessing in worlds of gob alignment right now. Kind of want to explore other players independently instead of associations. I don't use associations until i get some actual flips underneath to know if i am at least living in the correct world.
That is... a reasonable point, actually. It might do more harm than good making conversation about 3 layers deep on "if, then" scenarios.

It will keep these thoughts to itself, and perhaps bring them up later when they are more relevant?
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 332, Oblivion wrote: That is... a reasonable point, actually.
i do that, occasionally
Show

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 329, June wrote:
not really ask me at eod
In post 330, Oblivion wrote: Apologies if that is a weird question, it just had this sudden sense of you as a player who is very anxious and desperately does not want to be put in a situation where the whole game relies on your choices, so I was interested in who if anyone you are most worried about.
Can you tell me if this assessment of you is accurate, though? If you can't answer the question currently, that is.
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

We can discuss associations more day 2 or something, sure.
Show

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:45 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 335, Firebringer wrote: We can discuss associations more day 2 or something, sure.
Okay. It has one more question for you, then.

It is having a hard time engaging with people to try and solve them, and you seem to know pretty much everyone here. Which player do you think it would benefit the most from bouncing its questions and thoughts off of to develop a model for and possibly work together with if it can find them as town?
But not older.

May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Post by May »

In post 223, Oblivion wrote:
In post 219, May wrote:
In post 66, Oblivion wrote:
In post 54, Firebringer wrote:
In post 51, Oblivion wrote:
In post 45, Firebringer wrote: Jake submitted the best draft number.
It has interesting thoughts about that number. It felt it was strange to submit a number that would be guaranteed to be unique but had no chance of being lowest, as if the intended effect was to land squarely in the middle. It wonders why anyone would want that?
do u actually think ur going to get someones alignment from what numbers they picked. Or from all the history of this setup u looked at has anyone found scum from the draft numbers.

I personally don't care that much its a quasi funny intro to talk about the game but other than that its background noise to me.
It thinks it is a waste to leave information on the table when that information can assist us. That said, it doesn't think that the information itself is a useful tool for deciding our direction.

It is of the opinion that using that information as a Blade to delve into how others respond and play around it, like a sword dance, is valuable.

You don't watch the sword, you watch the footwork the sword forces to see the true intent of your opposition.

(It knows that is probably a corny metaphor but it quite likes it.)
This post kind of undermines any positive image for being the setup spec super jewelry of this particular run of the mech heavy setup so that's towny
It knows you are drunk and about to board a plane but could you take a moment to restate this so it can attempt to parse? It is truly lost on what this means.
The post isn't very lamisty

I'm about to deboard a plane and am not drunk it's miserable
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:50 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 337, May wrote:
In post 223, Oblivion wrote:
In post 219, May wrote:
In post 66, Oblivion wrote:
In post 54, Firebringer wrote:
In post 51, Oblivion wrote:
In post 45, Firebringer wrote: Jake submitted the best draft number.
It has interesting thoughts about that number. It felt it was strange to submit a number that would be guaranteed to be unique but had no chance of being lowest, as if the intended effect was to land squarely in the middle. It wonders why anyone would want that?
do u actually think ur going to get someones alignment from what numbers they picked. Or from all the history of this setup u looked at has anyone found scum from the draft numbers.

I personally don't care that much its a quasi funny intro to talk about the game but other than that its background noise to me.
It thinks it is a waste to leave information on the table when that information can assist us. That said, it doesn't think that the information itself is a useful tool for deciding our direction.

It is of the opinion that using that information as a Blade to delve into how others respond and play around it, like a sword dance, is valuable.

You don't watch the sword, you watch the footwork the sword forces to see the true intent of your opposition.

(It knows that is probably a corny metaphor but it quite likes it.)
This post kind of undermines any positive image for being the setup spec super jewelry of this particular run of the mech heavy setup so that's towny
It knows you are drunk and about to board a plane but could you take a moment to restate this so it can attempt to parse? It is truly lost on what this means.
The post isn't very lamisty

I'm about to deboard a plane and am not drunk it's miserable
What is... lamisty?
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 336, Oblivion wrote:
In post 335, Firebringer wrote: We can discuss associations more day 2 or something, sure.
Okay. It has one more question for you, then.

It is having a hard time engaging with people to try and solve them, and you seem to know pretty much everyone here. Which player do you think it would benefit the most from bouncing its questions and thoughts off of to develop a model for and possibly work together with if it can find them as town?
Depends on what ur looking for. If u want a more analytical player, Id go with Dunnstral. His specialty is game mechanics and he probably has a lot of gears turning thinking about how people would draft going on in the back of his mind right now. I wouldn't say he is an easy sort to me though also he isn't going to be extremely active for you to real time engage with most of the time.

If ur looking for active player, tough one. If you can get June interested in this game she could be good to bounce back and forth with, doubt u could do that day one with her.

The worst and Brian Skies might be good bouncing ideas of from but lack activity in general these days im affraid.

Penguinpower will usually not take the game too seriously for 90% of it. I think he will be crtuch for the night game though.

davesaz might be good for bouncing of about setup talk but with players I don't think so.

if u want active player to constant ping ideas of from though Jake the Wolfie is probably the best bet. How good that back and forth and how useful it is, idk. No offense jake but Ive never considered ur town game strong.
Show

June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:55 pm

Post by June »

In post 334, Oblivion wrote:
In post 329, June wrote:
not really ask me at eod
In post 330, Oblivion wrote: Apologies if that is a weird question, it just had this sudden sense of you as a player who is very anxious and desperately does not want to be put in a situation where the whole game relies on your choices, so I was interested in who if anyone you are most worried about.
Can you tell me if this assessment of you is accurate, though? If you can't answer the question currently, that is.
i'll be worried come eod when we are wagoning unless i am somehow struck with conviction. this doesnt happen tho
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:59 pm

Post by May »

I was in the air so little how is there all the pages
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 341, May wrote: I was in the air so little how is there all the pages
It... may have spent the free time it has here attempting to get a foothold into the game and generate content for itself and others to better solve. It tries to be more verbose within its own posts to avoid making too much spam but... alas.
But not older.

May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:06 pm

Post by May »

You're already town tho
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:09 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It being town has nothing to do with it finding scum, though. It wants to try and get Mental Models of everyone, then solve.
But not older.

May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:15 pm

Post by May »

In post 238, Oblivion wrote: Can it say that while it intellectually understands that all this masonry talk is kind of town block building from the foundation of what appears to be prior friendships for the sake of building something, emotionally this just feels like an in-group deciding who is and isn't town based on said friendships and gaining voting block control to dictate how things go, and it really doesn't know how to remotely interact with it. It feels massively uncomfortable, and it makes it sort of not want to interact with anyone who participates.

In short, it sucks that the depth of about four different players content in this game is wholy this thing, and that this thing is more or less just an exclusion method. It hates it, quite a bit.
Do you wanna b besties
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 314, Oblivion wrote:[...]

You've done more relevant words to help it understand your Mental Model here regarding something that can't even begin to be considered alignment indicative than you have about the entire actual game so far. It gets from you that you have, in yourself, at least some confidence in your ability to read and play this game, and so my question is this: Where are your reads, why aren't you engaging with players to generate content, and why are you so comfortable sitting back and letting things play out without your thumb on the scale, so to speak?
The book of Genesis in the Christian Bible begins with the Christian creation story. It relays the ordeal of how Yahweh created the universe. From there, the rest of the Bible tells various Christian stories about what happened in this universe.

A game of Mafia is similar to this, in that the first day, the first few pages even, sets the stage for how the rest of the game will play out. Now, because the creation of either is an entire ordeal, it is also very difficult for me to grasp at anything except the cosmic straws left before me.

In more literal terms, I don't meaninfully engage with the beginning of a game because I am awful at it, and people much better than me can work their way through it for me.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:22 pm

Post by May »

In post 300, Jake The Wolfie wrote: If you somehow had a reliable method to appear town in even over 50% of your games, you would probably have some mastery over some part of human psychology and should probably be doing better things besides / in addition to playing Mafia.

This really boils down to "Mafia would be fundamentally flawed if there were a general method to fool people into believing that you are town."
Don't worry, I play competitive pokemon when I'm not playing this beautifully flawed game
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I really hope that It doesn't turn out to be scum, I do not want what happened last time with Jackson to happen again.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:24 pm

Post by Firebringer »

May r u an alt
Show

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”