Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 988, Dannflor wrote: ill put NotAScum in my boring solve
kinda where I'm at

I think NAS is performing NAS being lost in this game and we've actually tried to engage w NAS so it's kind of a bad look
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

It was in the context of a discussion. So…end point?
<(") | (")>
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Oblivion »

For example, the fact that you are still saying it wanted to "permanently ignore slots" by this point after it has explained itself several times by this point makes it believe that you are not acting in good faith, and rather trying to continue that narrative for your own benefit.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh god. Dann being scum would make me very unhappy.
<(") | (")>
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1001, Dannflor wrote: I don't think firebringer is scum

or gob really
same here tbh I think they're both like, so idiosyncratic in that conversation, I also enjoyed Jake's pop-ins and unenjoyed May's pop-ins
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

yeah that got a little word salady

basically, i thought if dave actually cared about not wagoning the top half of the draft he would either

1. not make that comment in the first place
2. subsidize the comment with concern about the wagon or tell people to save it for post-d1

i guess making that comment without realizing where pavowski was on the list makes more sense
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1009, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1007, Dannflor wrote: ok sorry firebringer is scum
Ohhh nvm, i love u again
In post 1010, Firebringer wrote: okay Gob and Dannflor can be town.

WOrstie still scum
I kinda love this exchange for no reason
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1105, Dannflor wrote: yeah that got a little word salady

basically, i thought if dave actually cared about not wagoning the top half of the draft he would either

2. subsidize the comment with concern about the wagon or tell people to save it for post-d1

i guess making that comment without realizing where pavowski was on the list makes more sense
For what it is worth, combined with what it is already describing it thinks this is further evidence that Dave is selectively choosing when to apply his logic based on his own evidence, and claiming ignorance or pushing narratives when called on it?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1024, Dannflor wrote: idk my hero solve would be like pavowski / may / notascum if i had three bullets and was forced to make decisions on nothing but gut instinct right now but i don't particularly think that's likely to be super accurate
unsure how I feel about the fact I'd shoot exactly the same three people
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1103, PenguinPower wrote: Oh god. Dann being scum would make me very unhappy.
you don't have to worry
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:41 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1036, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1035, gob wrote: just call them the worst
I will, if he requests it.
I'll answer to anything Duckland is cute
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It... can someone interact with its thoughts please? It feels like the conversation is moving past it and it's trying with what little energy it has.
But not older.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1040, Pavowski wrote:
In post 910, Dannflor wrote:
In post 906, Pavowski wrote: Upon review, the fact he's voting me the way he's doing it is probably +town for the duck.

That being said, I kinda like the wagon on him

Pedit: is quite a take
can you elaborate on duck
In post 874, the worst wrote:
In post 860, Dannflor wrote: i think the fixation on duck's inconsistency about voting him vs voting with him is the type of focus to come from scum more often than not, like it doesn't actually say anything about duck's alignment it's just poking holes at inconsistencies because that's easy to do. the follow up in just seems to draw out the bit way too far, like town does mildly inconsistent shit like that all the time and i find it hard to believe pavowski has never encountered that before and feels it's worth pressuring like this

i also think 251 is scummy
+1

overjustifying joining a popular wagon is already a bit of an eyebrow raiser but the things he's using as justification aren't actually scumtells. I'm not a consistent person, and am very rarely consistent this early in a game. Pav knows me I don't think he's thought through this much.

To boot, despite this being the main thing of substance that his posts have been focused on he hasn't joined the wagon at any point which is another eyebrow raiser

I'd consider pav someone who's p capable of recognising even my tone and stuff and there's just nothing there to make me think he's tried to sort me so far :p there's some other quirks in his posting I can dig out which make me think he's more invested in the arguments he's making than in, like, observing alignment indicative stuff
This post particularly feels like Duckworth operating in good faith on me, like it seems like he's moreso trying to rattle my cage than actually pushing a scumread, which would be easy to do here.

I probably do need a good cage-rattling, my head is all over the place, but I won't bring too much of my meta into this
ok but I'm rattling your cage, and asking you questions, and you're like "ooo wobbly cage"

I need you to be playing this game.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 1090, davesaz wrote: Getting scum early can help, I can't argue with that. But it's not the panacea that it's made out to be.

I've had several recent town losses where scum was eliminated d1 and it didn't help in the slightest. And more town losses than I can count where the only PR left that was capable of actually getting a guilty was forced to claim prematurely, NK'd, and scum skated to a win.
Would it be fair to say that those games were similar in relevant ways to this one?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1080, Dannflor wrote: dave what’s the point of being like “yeah look at how sus pavowski is” if you never intend to vote there or support a wagon there today
In post 1083, davesaz wrote: It's long term information. Like if / when I get killed...
Dave do you think pav/me/? is a possible solve, like do you see us as aligned, or just pushing two separate reads for now?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1111, Oblivion wrote: It... can someone interact with its thoughts please? It feels like the conversation is moving past it and it's trying with what little energy it has.
maybe

I guess I still would've expected a comment from Dave if he checked the list, and saw Pav was on the top half of the list and that people were starting to vote for him
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

whoops I meant to quote its other post
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:49 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1105, Dannflor wrote: yeah that got a little word salady

I think this is where that conversation got weird actually
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1111, Oblivion wrote: It... can someone interact with its thoughts please? It feels like the conversation is moving past it and it's trying with what little energy it has.
the main convo over the last page has been a bit of a fever dream in general. I'm around, and keen to discuss the things. I'm also still recovering from sickness this'll be cute
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

like at some point after Dave checks the list to see where Pavowski is, probably because he's thinking about moving his vote there?

but then he doesn't say anything further about pavowski until I specifically ask why he isn't voting there

i don't know maybe I'm picking at nothing and am overestimating how much dave actually cares about not wagoning potential PRs
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by the worst »

That's actually a really good observation my brain was not ready for that.

I can see a world where Dave doesn't care enough to, like, actively oppose the wagon given wagons are fun and it's still not very big?

I'd also be significantly more sceptical there if Pav is mafia
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1118, the worst wrote:
the main convo over the last page has been a bit of a fever dream in general. I'm around, and keen to discuss the things. I'm also still recovering from sickness this'll be cute
It knows the feeling, it has felt strongly like it's conveying its thoughts but it admits maybe it is feverdreaming.

Can you talk to it about May? It thinks you and I think differently about that slot.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1119, Dannflor wrote: like at some point after Dave checks the list to see where Pavowski is, probably because he's thinking about moving his vote there?

but then he doesn't say anything further about pavowski until I specifically ask why he isn't voting there

i don't know maybe I'm picking at nothing and am overestimating how much dave actually cares about not wagoning potential PRs
it also thinks this way, because it thinks in a world where Pav is town Pav is the easiest elimination and a good escape from day 1 if a scumteam were in threat of losing a member day 1. which makes it think perhaps dave is scum and scum with another possible elimination target from today? Does that track?
But not older.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1102, Oblivion wrote: For example, the fact that you are still saying it wanted to "permanently ignore slots" by this point after it has explained itself several times by this point makes it believe that you are not acting in good faith, and rather trying to continue that narrative for your own benefit.
My posts on this subject are strictly about game theory and strategy. They seem self serving because I'm at the top of the draft, but I have made the exact same two points in every game of this setup that I have played, regardless of my alignment or position in the draft.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1121, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1118, the worst wrote:
It knows the feeling, it has felt strongly like it's conveying its thoughts but it admits maybe it is feverdreaming.

Can you talk to it about May? It thinks you and I think differently about that slot.
I'mma drop some very surface thoughts because I'm aware I haven't been digesting this game as well as I need to and May isn't an easy sort.

I think May is really charismatic and very capable of leading original thoughts. I think May has been quick to test ideas and slow to commit to them, and I haven't minded May's ideas for the most part but there's really been nothing in there which has blown me away? Many of her earlier takes felt like they aligned with Firebringer's or were like, quite achievable by kinda following the tone of the thread.

I felt like the conversation between gob & Firebringer & Dann was about things which appear to align with May's interests and I was surprised to see her pop in without really advancing any reads or having a new perspective on anything

Like May is cool perspective incarnate as a player and I'm not seeing anything that excites me yet and it's making me increasingly nervous

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”