Mini Theme 2330 - A Questionable Almost-Normal Game - Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:35 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1671, usesPython wrote:
In post 1637, JacksonVirgo wrote: I don’t want Ganski anymore, I’m also gone for the night. Where’s the consolidation wagon? I’m not doing Titus
Why not light?
Also new thoughts on PC since you thought they were a distraction for light
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:10 am

Post by usesPython »

Is there a PoE solve yet? Python/JV/Drew/Enchant, 11 alive so need 6 townies
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:28 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1673, usesPython wrote:
In post 1541, Black wrote: Reading over the EoD stuff again I think Drew's reaction to Lap's claim makes a lot of sense in a scum!Drew world. If scum has one or multiple godfathers then Lap's role probably scared the shit out of them to the point where they really wanted that fade to go through
This would require scum Drew to not only expect Disloyal Cop to be the designated cop type but also expect that everyone's some type of Cop (Since otherwise if not he'd be claiming the second ungated cop in a mini which would be an incredibly tough sell compared to just shooting Lap at night)
As i said at some point before, it’s possible Drew feared a bodyguard or something that would allow Lap to get a verifiable cop result off
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:30 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1672, usesPython wrote:
In post 1668, ketchup777 wrote: Proposed cop plan if Light gets hammered:

Ketchup+Jackson—> cop Hu Tao
Hu Tao+Black—> cop Jackson
Ranger+Titus—> cop Doctor Drew
usesPython+Doctor Drew —>cop Black
Political Clout—> cop Ketchup
If you're a modified cop check who you want to check

If you're a regular cop check according to the list and pretend you checked who you wanted to check unless you get a guilty/no result on the person you checked in the list
'pretend you checked who you wanted to check'; how will that work? do we only speak up if we didn’t get an inno and otherwise remain silent?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:44 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1678, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1672, usesPython wrote:
In post 1668, ketchup777 wrote: Proposed cop plan if Light gets hammered:

Ketchup+Jackson—> cop Hu Tao
Hu Tao+Black—> cop Jackson
Ranger+Titus—> cop Doctor Drew
usesPython+Doctor Drew —>cop Black
Political Clout—> cop Ketchup
If you're a modified cop check who you want to check

If you're a regular cop check according to the list and pretend you checked who you wanted to check unless you get a guilty/no result on the person you checked in the list
'pretend you checked who you wanted to check'; how will that work? do we only speak up if we didn’t get an inno and otherwise remain silent?
If we were Town Cop and would want to check Koba as a Disloyal Town Cop we'd Town Cop Black (according to the list) and say we have an inno on Koba

This lets the modifier cops post their results without immediately being obvious from deviating from the list while still letting them check who they want to check. If someone flips Town Cop later in the game it means they got an inno on the person in the list (since otherwise they'd have come out as Town Cop with a guilty/no result)
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:48 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1677, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1541, Black wrote: Reading over the EoD stuff again I think Drew's reaction to Lap's claim makes a lot of sense in a scum!Drew world. If scum has one or multiple godfathers then Lap's role probably scared the shit out of them to the point where they really wanted that fade to go through
This would require scum Drew to not only expect Disloyal Cop to be the designated cop type but also expect that everyone's some type of Cop (Since otherwise if not he'd be claiming the second ungated cop in a mini which would be an incredibly tough sell compared to just shooting Lap at night)
As i said at some point before, it’s possible Drew feared a bodyguard or something that would allow Lap to get a verifiable cop result off
Trading one scum to avoid a cop check is a very bad trade, and a setup with ungated disloyal cop + doctor just straight up wouldn't fly for balance reasons
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:07 am

Post by Black »

In post 1643, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1640, JacksonVirgo wrote: I want Black but if hammer is being risked gotta step this badboy up, talk tomorrow byee
It has been bothering me how she is twisting my eod actions into just one narrative instead of looking at all angles(which I believe townBlack would do), so I could flash wagon her.
I was looking at all angles though. That's why I didn't vote you
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:14 am

Post by Black »

If Drew is a godfather wouldn't he see the disloyal cop as the biggest threat to him and try to convince others to push the wagon through like he did?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:16 am

Post by Black »

JV could be a light partner if she flips scum. This counter wagon on me doesn't feel good
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:19 am

Post by Black »

In post 1667, ketchup777 wrote: It could be drew+light, as this would further explain Drew’s rushing to the hammer. It could also be Black though.

VOTE: Black
This vote feels worse than Jackson's though. Thinking Drew+light is partnered and then voting for me is ???
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:20 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1682, Black wrote:
If Drew is a godfather wouldn't he see the disloyal cop as the biggest threat to him and try to convince others to push the wagon through like he did?
Pretend the setup is
Setup
  1. Mafia Godfather

2. Mafia Godfather

3. Mafia Godfather

4. Town Disloyal Cop

5. Vanilla Townie

6. Vanilla Townie

7. Vanilla Townie

8. Vanilla Townie

9. Vanilla Townie

10. Vanilla Townie

11. Vanilla Townie

12. Vanilla Townie

13. Vanilla Townie

What does scum Drew believably claim that lets him get away with immediately believing that Lap is fake claiming while also being a balanced questionable setup
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:21 am

Post by Black »

Drew's vote gives me pause because he's always talking about dancing with me and stuff but this game he hasn't shown much interest in interacting with me at all. My thoughts about his EoD behavior are pretty typical of me to have so I'm not sure why that is pushing the needle for him
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1683, Black wrote: JV could be a light partner if she flips scum. This counter wagon on me doesn't feel good
You don’t think I’d commit to a bus given my position?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:24 am

Post by usesPython »

Also same question we asked Ketchup, why not just shoot Lap at night?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:25 am

Post by Black »

In post 1685, usesPython wrote:
Pretend the setup is
Setup
  1. Mafia Godfather

2. Mafia Godfather

3. Mafia Godfather

4. Town Disloyal Cop

5. Vanilla Townie

6. Vanilla Townie

7. Vanilla Townie

8. Vanilla Townie

9. Vanilla Townie

10. Vanilla Townie

11. Vanilla Townie

12. Vanilla Townie

13. Vanilla Townie

What does scum Drew believably claim that lets him get away with immediately believing that Lap is fake claiming while also being a balanced questionable setup
I'm sorry I don't understand. Why would scum!Drew think this is the setup?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:25 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1686, Black wrote: Drew's vote gives me pause because he's always talking about dancing with me and stuff but this game he hasn't shown much interest in interacting with me at all. My thoughts about his EoD behavior are pretty typical of me to have so I'm not sure why that is pushing the needle for him
Nah you just miss his dances
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:25 am

Post by Black »

In post 1687, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1683, Black wrote: JV could be a light partner if she flips scum. This counter wagon on me doesn't feel good
You don’t think I’d commit to a bus given my position?
What position?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:26 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1686, Black wrote: Drew's vote gives me pause because he's always talking about dancing with me and stuff but this game he hasn't shown much interest in interacting with me at all. My thoughts about his EoD behavior are pretty typical of me to have so I'm not sure why that is pushing the needle for him
You're too hung up on dayplay here. Drew also doesn't pass our mountainous vibecheck, it's just that his play around the setup strongly suggests he's town
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:27 am

Post by Black »

In post 1688, usesPython wrote:
Also same question we asked Ketchup, why not just shoot Lap at night?
The fade was right there in scum's grasp. It's much more optimal to push that through and then aim for another PR N1
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:27 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1689, Black wrote: I'm sorry I don't understand. Why would scum!Drew think this is the setup?
The exact setup doesn't as long as scum don't know it's an all cop game, do you think the gamestate supports this or not?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:28 am

Post by Black »

In post 1692, usesPython wrote:
You're too hung up on dayplay here. Drew also doesn't pass our mountainous vibecheck, it's just that his play around the setup strongly suggests he's town
I have a hard time reading play when it involves setup and balance so I'm just trying to read what I can here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:30 am

Post by Black »

In post 1694, usesPython wrote:
In post 1689, Black wrote: I'm sorry I don't understand. Why would scum!Drew think this is the setup?
The exact setup doesn't as long as scum don't know it's an all cop game, do you think the gamestate supports this or not?
I have no clue what the gamestate supports :lol:

What does that even mean

I think if the scumteam has godfathers and they see a Disloyal Cop claim then they would probably expect there to be other ways to catch them, right?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:30 am

Post by usesPython »

As in if scum knew it was all cops we'd expect almost everyone to have pretty decent cop equity ready to go instead of some people barely looking like cops
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:30 am

Post by Black »

In post 1571, JacksonVirgo wrote:
I think I'm unironically warming up to Ganski
Jackson what caused this?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:35 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1696, Black wrote:
I have no clue what the gamestate supports :lol:

What does that even mean

I think if the scumteam has godfathers and they see a Disloyal Cop claim then they would probably expect there to be other ways to catch them, right?
Our point isn't if town has other ways of catching Godfathers but that Drew explicitly played d1 EOD as a Cop would and that the gamestate doesn't support the belief that scum Drew would know to aggressively take heat and fake cop here over just letting the opportunity pass and blasting Lap at night

Scum Drew would specifically need to know everyone's a cop in order for his EOD play to make sense as scum, which is the only mechanical question that's necessary to sort Drew

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”