Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:38 am

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

I'll put a hairball in your burrito if the slide dream isn't pushed up to top 3.
Best to get rid of bad dreams early me thinks.
They also won't discard it and will likely discard an unknown, so what dreamer can do is dreamer can learn the unknown dream and then either choose that dream or remove slide dream from play.
It'll make day hell because any abilities that affect the vote are awful to deal with but better to deal with it sooner rather than later.
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:40 am

Post by Silver Ravens »

Dunn checking in.
In post 88, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: VOTE: Gimli

I-I'll have to place my vote here for now!

They have been trying to vibe but do not past the vibe checks! Are an X on the extra scale!

Your order shall be downgraded to a kids meal.
These aren't linked correctly.

I don't see an issue with . The slide stuff is not something mafia would have known ahead of time, If I'm understanding the setup correctly. So their reaction to the slide reveal does not seem particularly indicative or "extra" to me.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:40 am

In post 98, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 91, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: I also didn't expect people to talk about the dreams this much when if anyone besides me remembers last game trying to play "guess the dream" was a waste of time until like D3. Although they mostly had some amount of logic you could connect the dots to. Doing so D1 is. . .eh?
yeah like the slide thing has no relationship to what's presented already so I don't expect anyone to guess anything right from names.

but you can see some stuff about how the thinking process behind some guesses is more towny or a scum faking it and is a point of interest to me. whats your take on that from current guesses?
Isn't this just factually incorrect? Unless the scum team is aware of every dream or has a power to know the answer of most they're able to make guesses just like the rest of us. There's no reason to fake something that is also unknown information. Just because you're scum does not mean everything you do is fake. That's also why I have opinion on the guesses because it's a shot in the dark with no value behind it.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:41 am

In post 101, Silver Ravens wrote: Dunn checking in.
In post 88, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: VOTE: Gimli

I-I'll have to place my vote here for now!

They have been trying to vibe but do not past the vibe checks! Are an X on the extra scale!

Your order shall be downgraded to a kids meal.
These aren't linked correctly.

I don't see an issue with . The slide stuff is not something mafia would have known ahead of time, If I'm understanding the setup correctly. So their reaction to the slide reveal does not seem particularly indicative or "extra" to me.
"Link posts Maria put in some effort Maria it'll be fun they said"

can't I just be lazy? boohoo.
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:43 am

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 102, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
In post 91, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: I also didn't expect people to talk about the dreams this much when if anyone besides me remembers last game trying to play "guess the dream" was a waste of time until like D3. Although they mostly had some amount of logic you could connect the dots to. Doing so D1 is. . .eh?
yeah like the slide thing has no relationship to what's presented already so I don't expect anyone to guess anything right from names.

but you can see some stuff about how the thinking process behind some guesses is more towny or a scum faking it and is a point of interest to me. whats your take on that from current guesses?
Isn't this just factually incorrect? Unless the scum team is aware of every dream or has a power to know the answer of most they're able to make guesses just like the rest of us. There's no reason to fake something that is also unknown information. Just because you're scum does not mean everything you do is fake. That's also why I have opinion on the guesses because it's a shot in the dark with no value behind it.
Well if you believe this then I'm confused about why you thought 67 was bad. I thought that you thought that they were faking a reaction.
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:43 am

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 103, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: can't I just be lazy? boohoo.
What do you call a lazy cat?
A cat
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:44 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 97, Von Payne wrote:
In post 94, Gimli wrote: VOTE: Von Payne
That's not very nice Kira

~B
I thought you'd have reads and not just dream speculation even in your first point, and I find your subsequent reliance on it to be rather like a convenient way to appear towny
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:45 am

In post 104, Silver Ravens wrote:
In post 102, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:

Well if you believe this then I'm confused about why you thought 67 was bad. I thought that you thought that they were faking a reaction.
Faking a reaction=/= Overplaying a reaction
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:45 am

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 100, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: I'll put a hairball in your burrito if the slide dream isn't pushed up to top 3.
Best to get rid of bad dreams early me thinks.
They also won't discard it and will likely discard an unknown, so what dreamer can do is dreamer can learn the unknown dream and then either choose that dream or remove slide dream from play.
It'll make day hell because any abilities that affect the vote are awful to deal with but better to deal with it sooner rather than later.
My opinion is that the dream is closer to neutral than bad. There might actually be some bad dreams with negative effects.

Also I think starting off the game strong could be a better choice. The slide gives us nothing to work with, not even a majority vote scramble. Which could make the following days more difficult.
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:48 am

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 106, Gimli wrote:

~B
I thought you'd have reads and not just dream speculation even in your first point, and I find your subsequent reliance on it to be rather like a convenient way to appear towny
Why do you think they would have reads? Show your thought process.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:49 am

Post by Gimli »

I think we should probably claim our dream choices out loud, in case that can be valuable information later on, you know, to spot liars
I'll tie your legs
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:50 am

Post by Silver Ravens »

Well you know what I'm choosing!
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:53 am

dream quality is irrelevant here.
promoting revealed dream is always correct here.

Revealed Dream
Unrevealed Dream
Unrevealed Dream

Wolves discard revealed dream? Great, we don't have to deal w/ it. TBH I think we will have to deal w/ that dream eventually? Plurality isn't even that bad, we all should be competent enough to prevent a tie and if a tie does happen then that's informative as well.
Wolves discard unrevealed Dream? That's also fine. Dreamer has 2 revealed dreams to work w/.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:54 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 109, Silver Ravens wrote:
I expect black as a townie to speculate not only on mech but also on people

having black's entrance being solely agreeable mech talk (and I agree with maria on the futility of these conversations in a broad sense even tho I will partake them), did not feel like a towny entrance, hence my vote.
I'll tie your legs
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:07 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 106, Gimli wrote:

~B
I don't have any reads. I read the setup and the dream post and then briefly skimmed through everything else

I'm not even sure if scum or town are more likely to speculate on dream stuff so I disagree with your assessment that I'm trying to seem townie. It's Moonlight phase. If I'm understanding correctly we should all be talking about dreams for 24 hours

I don't play much on weekends. If you wanna prioritize solving then that's fine but I'm spending the little time I have here talking about dreams

~B
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:09 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 113, Gimli wrote:
In post 109, Silver Ravens wrote:
I expect black as a townie to speculate not only on mech but also on people

having black's entrance being solely agreeable mech talk (and I agree with maria on the futility of these conversations in a broad sense even tho I will partake them), did not feel like a towny entrance, hence my vote.
I'm not a robot. I don't follow a set behavior. If a setup calls for a 24 hour period where we talk about mech then I'm gonna do my best to participate

~B
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 am

Post by Prism »

Alisae is incorrect. The dominant strategy is to vote the best-looking dreams available.

First, we may see the dream again means we may not. The moderators will have extras, and this one is unlikely to be the best dream available. Second, even if we do see it later, it will likely be more desirable later: a neutral, known dream is better than dreams that all look bad.

Finally, if you are worried about scum discarding a good dream, this option is always available barring role interference. It is best to stack the selection to ensure a desirable dream remains. Scum will also likely have one selection override, but picking the slide Day 1 will not get them to burn it.

I don't really enjoy the extended dialogue about this from a quality of life perspective.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:14 am

Post by Sunflower »

i've heard i talk in my sleep
but my voice is too weak
to hear the words i say
and i've been trying like hell
to wake myself up
but dreams fall hard today

:blossom:
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:15 am

Post by Sunflower »

i wanna vote for the car seat one for obvious reasons

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:19 am

Post by Prism »

I also don't think it's correct that speculative dream quality is irrelevant, if that is not obvious, but I will engage with that point anyway.

I think the utility of having two revealed dreams to pick from on Day 1 is not terribly high when one of those dreams is neutral.

In the worst case scenario where the chosen revealed dream is unpickable, the question is "Do we prefer a voted-in but unrevealed dream to the slide?" The answer to that is still no.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:19 am

Post by Sunflower »

wow hydras are great i can just talk to jupiter instead of y'all. why have i never done this before

see you nerds when we're actually in a day phase

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:20 am

Post by Prism »

Correction: The question is "Do we prefer a voted-in but unrevealed dream to the slide?" The answer to that is still till yes.

Beware the danger of shifting around your sentence structure mid-drafting.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:21 am

Post by Sunflower »

:sunny:
HIII ITS JUPITER
oops caps
will have access to MS for like the next five minutes, still phoneposting. ill try to read up now !!!
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:21 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 120, Sunflower wrote: wow hydras are great i can just talk to jupiter instead of y'all. why have i never done this before

see you nerds when we're actually in a day phase

:sunny:
yesssss talk to me im so cool
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:21 am

Post by Sunflower »

im bad at mech but i think i agree with the people saying that we shouldn't vote for the slide

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”