Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Yukari Yakumo
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:29 am

Post by Yukari Yakumo »

VC 1.05
Kagerou Imaizumi [3]:
Kaguya Houraisan, Daiyousei, Eternity Larva
Kaguya Houraisan [2]:
Marisa Kirisame, Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi [2]:
Clownpiece, Koishi Komeiji
Aya Shameimaru [1]:
Yuuka Kazami
Daiyousei [1]:
Kagerou Imaizumi
Clownpiece [1]:
Reisen Udongein Inaba

Not Voting [3]:
Tenshi Hinanawi, Aya Shameimaru, Sanae Kochiya

With
votes,
votes to Eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-03-17 19:45:00)

Mod Notes
  • If you spot an error on the vote count, please let me know!
Last edited by Yukari Yakumo on Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svenskt Stål (12:21) you are pur evil hell spawn
Modding Account.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:36 am

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

In post 415, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 389, Eternity Larva wrote: @Kagerou i know you said reading the thread is difficult right now but i am most interested in your detailed reads on Clownpiece and Sanae when you get around to it
well i'd like to preface my Clownpiece read by the fact that i think i'm just not in a position to push people this game so my plan right now is to be a bit more laid back and act smug about it when she flips scum

firstly, that whole argument about numbers and all just kinda dragged on and on and in the end i don't think we even got anything out of it?

then, i get being curious about account generation, but the fact that :
- she went ahead and went with straight up numbers
- those numbers don't really match up with what other people have been told

makes me seem she was worried about finding something to start things off while also not caring very much about asking

Spoiler:
In post 177, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 162, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: i'd rather keep it vague for now but on top of not looking like they're solving (which granted maybe that's just how i view things) they've been trying to distract people from pushing fowards the game
I had a town lean on page one, and I that has grown to 4. 4 reads on page 7 seems like a pretty solid pace to me lmao.

Also, unsure what the stopping the game from going forward even means, so :shrug:

I kinda didn't know how to put it into words at the time but like, knowing your exact number of townreads on command is weird

the reaction to Ichirin's reaction was also something that hugely bugged me, to go into reasons :
Spoiler:
In post 288, Clownpiece wrote: I am just confused on why you don't seem interested in determining the alignment of the people who voted you.

You started by saying it was town voting you, I asked why we could not be scum voting you (the full scum team part was a joke, but that was the idea), and you responded by not even knowing who was voting you.

I would expect some level of suspicion from someone who thinks that they are currently in serious danger of being miselimed (which I already felt was an exaggerated response to 3 votes), but you actually seem completely uninterested in your voters for some reason.

Complaining that you aren't getting scrutinized certainely isn't a weird look, and while it's kinda dumb, i feel like if Ichirin called for their agressors to be scum, it would just get called OMGUS?
likewise
i'm also of the opinion that scum often looks more intensely for these sort of low involvement slip rather than town, since like, it's one of the only things town can reasonable do under pressure that is actually scummy

i'll also fully admit that this is hugely a gut read and that i'm proud of it (besides upgrading "i think this is scum" to "i think this is null at best" isn't really game advancing content here)

As for Sanane, as i've said already, i'm suspicious of her view of Yuuka's claim, , i get she was kinda overblowing here cause blah blah early game we already don't have much info early but that's not really clearing

she's also like really passive? I get not all townies can be at the front of the stage but a lot of her content is "agreeing with other people" and "explaining why she agrees with people"

this is somewhat related but when reading the phrasing of posting, i get huge vibes of "i'm posting for others to look at me in a good light" rather than "i'm posting cause i wanna figure out what's going on"
I’m too lazy to clip quotes. I think the townread number on command bit is the most compelling part of your argument here actually.

But only in a very general sense.

Yes I can see that kind of thing as much more scum indicative than town indicative. Even subconsciously scum are going to have a roadmap of what slots they think they can have miselimmed and it will probably manipulate their pool to townread in some way.

Just…mafia players are a lot more nebulous than that, it may not be as on the nose as that. But I like how you’re using your noodle.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:39 am

I’ll reread sanae, I remember something they posted and just going yup that’s town.

But I don’t even remember what that was or anything else they’ve said.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:42 am

In post 418, Ichirin Kumoi wrote:
In post 417, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 412, Ichirin Kumoi wrote:
In post 408, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I'm town
How very kneejerk of you.
What does this mean
Far as I'm aware you only have like, 2 votes on you? Just seems very odd to blurt this out as soon as more than one person is voting you, in a way I can't particularly describe.
I hope this is some sort of tongue-in-cheek deal.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:45 am

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

I’m going to stop promising a reread and instead opt to fly by the seat of my pants for the time being.

I have been successfully pocketed by Marisa, Yuuka, Clownpiece, and Larva.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:50 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

@Kagerou. Why aren’t you in a position to be aggressive?
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:53 am

Post by Kagerou Imaizumi »

In post 430, Yuuka Kazami wrote: @Kagerou. Why aren’t you in a position to be aggressive?
a mix of my mental state / the path i've chosen to take this game
awoooo !
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:54 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

And what path is that? ~_~
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:55 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

My tension meter is rising and I’m going to have to make a choice on you or explode I suppose.
Maybe both.
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:57 am

In post 432, Yuuka Kazami wrote: And what path is that? ~_~
teehee
awoooo !
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:57 am

Post by Daiyousei »

i knew all those fanworks about yuuka originally being a fairy were accurate!!!! ^_^
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:59 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 434, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
teehee
You get a pass for a day phase, but if you suddenly start pushing near the end of the day and they don’t flip scum I’m tunneling you.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:02 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I probably won’t even wait and immediately detail the wagon.
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:05 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 415, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: - those numbers don't really match up with what other people have been told
may i request a source on this, please? i remember ichirin pointing out the maths didn't math but then later realizing that the maths actually did math and it's just that the mod weighted things weird @_@
In post 415, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I kinda didn't know how to put it into words at the time but like, knowing your exact number of townreads on command is weird
In post 426, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: I’m too lazy to clip quotes. I think the townread number on command bit is the most compelling part of your argument here actually.

Yes I can see that kind of thing as much more scum indicative than town indicative. Even subconsciously scum are going to have a roadmap of what slots they think they can have miselimmed and it will probably manipulate their pool to townread in some way.

Just…mafia players are a lot more nebulous than that, it may not be as on the nose as that. But I like how you’re using your noodle.
not to answer for piece on this, but with the way i've set up how i'm playing this game to make sure i don't have a sudden out-of-body experience i could very easily produce an exact number of confident townreads instantly if i really wanted to
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:17 am

In post 436, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 434, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
teehee
You get a pass for a day phase, but if you suddenly start pushing near the end of the day and they don’t flip scum I’m tunneling you.
it would be so funny if i did

you're really making me wanna do it Yuuka
awoooo !
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:19 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Go ahead.
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:19 am

In post 438, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 415, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: - those numbers don't really match up with what other people have been told
may i request a source on this, please? i remember ichirin pointing out the maths didn't math but then later realizing that the maths actually did math and it's just that the mod weighted things weird @_@
In post 415, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I kinda didn't know how to put it into words at the time but like, knowing your exact number of townreads on command is weird
In post 426, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: I’m too lazy to clip quotes. I think the townread number on command bit is the most compelling part of your argument here actually.

not to answer for piece on this, but with the way i've set up how i'm playing this game to make sure i don't have a sudden out-of-body experience i could very easily produce an exact number of confident townreads instantly if i really wanted to
i'm honestly working off the general memory of no else having received specific numbers, which i agree no one else did / looked into it?

Not to answer for piece but *answers for piece*
nah i'm kinda messing with you :P will wait for piece's answer before saying more about this though
awoooo !
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:20 am

In post 440, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Go ahead.
:oops:
awoooo !
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:32 am

Post by Clownpiece »

I am not gonna be around, but did have a minute to skim through.
In post 425, Yukari Yakumo wrote:
VC 1.05
Kagerou Imaizumi [3]:
Kaguya Houraisan, Daiyousei, Eternity Larva
Kaguya Houraisan [2]:
Marisa Kirisame, Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi [2]:
Clownpiece, Koishi Komeiji
Aya Shameimaru [1]:
Yuuka Kazami
Daiyousei [1]:
Kagerou Imaizumi
Clownpiece [1]:
Reisen Udongein Inaba

Not Voting [3]:
Tenshi Hinanawi, Aya Shameimaru, Sanae Kochiya

With
votes,
votes to Eliminate
I think that I am actively against a Kagerou wagon for day 1. They are not trying to fit in, while also not trying to steer us anywhere, and it is just enough for me to want to give them time to cook I guess.

Also, I have experienced being called scum as town for similar reasons to the "is self aware of how many town reads they have" before, which I actually think boils down to the way I exist in the thread, and without doing any actually looking back, I feel like those accusations have generally come from town?

I am not married to them being town, but I feel like I don't want then going over day 1.

fwiw Kagerou, I do not have the number of town reads ready off the top of my head, but my response to seeing someone say I was not solving was an immediate "that feels like an odd characterization of me, as I feel like I actually have more reads then normal for this stage of the game." And once I stopped to think about my reads, it is pretty easy to produce a count of how many town reads I have.
makes me seem she was worried about finding something to start things off while also not caring very much about asking
I actually asked a lot of questions about account/role generation before the game started, and I am still pretty sure that the way I explained it on page 1 was the correct way everything was generated. I actually think that Ichirin (the person who said that my answer was not in line with what the mod asked them about generation) misunderstood the "Mod Choose Randomly For Me" option. I just did not think that it was worth getting further in the weeds on it.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:33 am

In post 309, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
Ahh I didn’t even connect that her role name was your account name!
Did anyone else find this post sounded somewhat artificial?
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:37 am

Post by Clownpiece »

But basically, when we joined we had the option of "mod please pick for me" and "here are my 3 picks"

Ichirin thought that the "mod please pick for me" option would have made the odds basically unknowable, but the thing is I
Actually chose that option
, and the result was that the mod gave me 3 random picks, with a picture and a 1 line description. and told me to sort them.

So either path resulted in a ranked list of 3.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:39 am

I also agree with Clownpiece's stance on Kagerou, I think their approach to this game would be an incredibly strange choice for scum to make, but it' not totally out of the realm of suspicion. I would rather not eliminate them, and I only townread one of the three wagon constituents.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:41 am

Post by Clownpiece »

I would also say that I don't think that I am the one who drug out the discussion on the topic.

I wrote post 20 to be very precise, to state that I got my numbers from the mod, and to welcome everyone to double check my numbers with the mod, because I thought including all of that would make it NOT be a continued discussion.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:51 am

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

VOTE: ichirin
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:51 am

I forget who originally accused you of that but I also found that strange- I felt people wondering about MY questions were what dragged things out, but everyone seemed to direct it at you instead.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”