Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:59 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 145, Von Payne wrote:
In post 140, DragonEater70 wrote: Second, you do you Black. I'm happy with my read.
I'm surprised you're so confident in that read tbh. Gimli's first 20 posts of Death Note have a ton of solving in them

I'm curious, if I showed you games where scum!Gimli was aggressive and tried to seem like he was solving early would that change your mind at all?

~B
See the thing is that the
way
he want about solvong was completely different in Death Note. Throughout all that game I mentioned how I felt he was pocketing me and Klick, which was true. Because he wasn't questioning people's alignments sincerely, he was just townreading the guys he knew would want to townread him and towncore with him. And here he did the opposite. And you can say "well can't he do the opposite as scum", but I just don't think that's his scum playstyle and I do think it's instantly recognizable as his town paystyle whereas in death note it looked good on the surface but wasn't it.

It's kind of like how when you are in a dream (when gimli is scum), you might
think
that you are not dreaming (that he's town), but when you are awake, you
know
you are awake (that he's town). Idk how better to explain it but that's how I feel about Gimli.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:59 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 148, Prism wrote: This doesn't have anything to do with alignment but seeing "townpilled" and "mafpilled" convinces me that I need to be wheeled into the nursing home. I can see clearly the culture that led to this moment, and I understand that it evolved to leave me far behind.
this post is based and townpilled

:blossom:
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:00 am

Post by Sunflower »

hi, :sunny: here, just letting everyone know that I have no idea what "townpilled" means and for this entire phase fire is the only one who's gonna be solving, i'll just sit around and look pretty
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 148, Prism wrote: This doesn't have anything to do with alignment but seeing "townpilled" and "mafpilled" convinces me that I need to be wheeled into the nursing home. I can see clearly the culture that led to this moment, and I understand that it evolved to leave me far behind.
I will note that I used it jokingly under the influence of it being roughly midnight, and qould not use these terms under normal circumstances.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:01 am

Post by Sunflower »

i have to go soon but i wanna follow up on the thought about the car seat since my time was tragically cut short - :sunny:
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 153, DragonEater70 wrote: I will note that I used it jokingly under the influence of it being roughly midnight, and
would
not use these terms under normal circumstances.
EBWOP
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:03 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 126, Klick wrote:
In post 66, morph the cat wrote:
Someone has had a revelation!

This slide never seems to end...

It's a water slide! It goes on and on and on! What's not to like?

The day deadline is extended by 3 days. All players become loved, negating the first two votes on them. At deadline, if no elimination has been achieved, there is a plurality elimination instead. Ties in plurality are resolved by the
Bad Dream
team's selection in twilight.

Every single negative consequence of this dream can be negated by us just all agreeing that it should be negated and playing accordingly. (Assuming we all agree that the impact of these is negative)

We agree that we're ending the day by the usual deadline. We also agree that when someone reaches majority, we collapse onto them regardless of our reads.

I think this dream is neutral in earlier days, and negative-utility as we approach ELo. Which probably makes it a good early choice
Wow is this going to be the first time that I vote Klick and it's NOT a reaction test? Cool cool!

VOTE: Klickity Klick
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:08 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'll have more reads to share tomorrow probably, but yeah it's past midnight and I can feel my brain melting.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:10 am

Post by Prism »

Anyway, two points. First, I think Dragon was a lot more hostile and skeptical when accused of virtually anything in Pizza Kids.

Second:
In post 143, DragonEater70 wrote: It probably came out wrong so I just wanna clarify that I don't think I was necessarily the driving force in getting out of RVS even though Prism did post a scumread of me and you did post a question/shade/idk of me so I'd say it did achieve something wrt to getting out of RVS, but again my objective wasn't that, I just had a read and I posted it because that's what you do with early reads, you post them and hope that somehow or another you're going to end up out of RVS

Have I created a word salad? Perhaps. However I'll have you know that it was a word salad made by a townperson.
And also that my read on Gimli is real and confident and, to use a usesPython term (sort of), townpilled. And also I think, if I'm allowed to indulge in usesPython imitation, that questioning that read is cringe and mafpilled.
The bolded might be an indicator that it is late for Dragon and that he is sleep deprived. But it seems to me likely that Dragon is self-conscious of how convoluted the answer was. While he was ready for disagreements with the Gimli read ("Second, you do you Black. I'm happy with my read."), he was totally unprepared for reactions that were skeptical of Dragon himself.

I'd also note that Black immediately got more explanation when she, too, expressed skepticism of Dragon himself.

So I'd dayvig him.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:12 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 152, Sunflower wrote: hi, :sunny: here, just letting everyone know that I have no idea what "townpilled" means and for this entire phase fire is the only one who's gonna be solving, i'll just sit around and look pretty
SAME :lol:

we can look pretty together

~B
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:13 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm fine with black's latter posting and I think rejoining the game to post some more after saying you're gonna leave points to town

I can see why I'm ticking so hard as town to DE as I'm doing something very different this game - its not on purpose, of course, it's just a mood. I don't know if it's terribly alignment indicative - I can see why maria wants to kill me for 'trying to flow and failing', to take an opposite stance - but his read is right and I think he genuinely believes it so this is all fine.

I like prism's mech talk, and I understand what alisae is talking about - I think they're both making sense. I'll take the nice looking dreams over the known bad thing myself though.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:14 am

Post by Sunflower »

re:prism i was surprised at how appeasing/understanding his answer was to me but i just thought "oh how nice that makes sense maybe he's town" and then had zero thoughts past that

how easily i fall for such things

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:22 am

Post by Von Payne »

I agree with Prism that Dragon feels meh. The confidence in the Gimli read feels unnatural to me

I think Dragon can be performative as town but here he feels a little more theatrical than usual. Not really sure what to make of that. My initial thought is NAI because I think some behavioral things like that just vary from game to game depending on setup, playerlist, IRL stuffs, etc

~B
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Sunflower »

i think his making confident reads off very limited and incomplete meta understanding, and the self-absorbed way that he interpreted gimli's entrance, both are pretty towny from him though so eh

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:25 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 158, Prism wrote: First, I think Dragon was a lot more hostile and skeptical when accused of virtually anything in Pizza Kids.
I don't think this is inaccurate characterization of me at all, I am very much aware that I'm playing very differently to that game, but I also feel this is a vastly different gamestate than Pizza Kids and I think it's a bit of a stretch to think it's alignment indicative that I'm responding to things differently while ignoring the context, tbh.

RE the second point, I'm not even sure what you're trying to convey? Black said she didn't agree with my read, I said I don't really care about that, then she actually asked a question regarding why I had the read so I explained it... How is responding differently to two different things remotely related to my alignment???
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:28 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 160, Gimli wrote: I can see why I'm ticking so hard as town to DE as I'm doing something very different this game - its not on purpose, of course, it's just a mood. I don't know if it's terribly alignment indicative
I think the read on you is pretty bad. He didn't even really seem interested when I pointed out that there are other games where you!scum fake solve and push early

I think town probably reevaluates the read after that. Scum that is trying to pocket a townie or scum that doesn't want to budge on a buddy yet probably holds firm here

~B
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:28 am

Post by Sunflower »

let's all just agree that everyone is playing very different than usual this game and we can ignore meta completely

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 am

Post by ActionDan »

Reading up.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 am

Post by Sunflower »

unshackle yourselves from the burden of past expectations and past lives. forget everything you knew. release the weight from your shoulders. join me and together we can experience mafia in its purest form. no past. no future. only dreams.

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:34 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 163, Sunflower wrote: i think his making confident reads off very limited and incomplete meta understanding, and the self-absorbed way that he interpreted gimli's entrance, both are pretty towny from him though so eh

Why do you think the meta stuff is townie? It seems like an easy read for scum to make. When given pushback on the read they can just say "it's just how I feel" and keep the fake read going

~B
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:35 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 166, Sunflower wrote: let's all just agree that everyone is playing very different than usual this game and we can ignore meta completely

In post 168, Sunflower wrote: unshackle yourselves from the burden of past expectations and past lives. forget everything you knew. release the weight from your shoulders. join me and together we can experience mafia in its purest form. no past. no future. only dreams.

I get meta'd in every game I play in and it's already happened this game so while I appreciate your movement and would love to join, I lack faith that we can change the world :lol:

~B
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:35 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 165, Von Payne wrote:
In post 160, Gimli wrote: I can see why I'm ticking so hard as town to DE as I'm doing something very different this game - its not on purpose, of course, it's just a mood. I don't know if it's terribly alignment indicative
I think the read on you is pretty bad. He didn't even really seem interested when I pointed out that there are other games where you!scum fake solve and push early

I think town probably reevaluates the read after that. Scum that is trying to pocket a townie or scum that doesn't want to budge on a buddy yet probably holds firm here

~B
you think there's a decent likelihood the interaction between me and DE is SvS? does scum locktown their buddies early like this?

also, why do you expect DE to reevaluate? he played with me plenty, I think more than your experience playing with me. I think its reasonable to stick with his read and agree to disagree with your read.
I'll tie your legs
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:38 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 171, Gimli wrote: you think there's a decent likelihood the interaction between me and DE is SvS? does scum locktown their buddies early like this?
Decent? I woudn't say that. I think it's possible. But I think it's more likely it's SvT and you're being pocketed
In post 171, Gimli wrote: also, why do you expect DE to reevaluate? he played with me plenty, I think more than your experience playing with me. I think its reasonable to stick with his read and agree to disagree with your read.
Do you think his meta read on you is accurate?

~B
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:44 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 170, Von Payne wrote:
In post 166, Sunflower wrote: let's all just agree that everyone is playing very different than usual this game and we can ignore meta completely

In post 168, Sunflower wrote: unshackle yourselves from the burden of past expectations and past lives. forget everything you knew. release the weight from your shoulders. join me and together we can experience mafia in its purest form. no past. no future. only dreams.

I get meta'd in every game I play in and it's already happened this game so while I appreciate your movement and would love to join, I lack faith that we can change the world :lol:

~B
are you suggesting that my expectation that you provide reads was me meta'ing you?

I didn't want to go over my early posts at you further since you started to engage, but I disliked your entrance not just for being much dream speculation but for being too agreeable on top of it. its not meta the same way you're discussing my meta with DE. my read wasn't robotic the way you took for anyway.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:48 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 172, Von Payne wrote:
Do you think his meta read on you is accurate?

~B
I think he believes it genuinely and isn't faking it. I don't think I have a strict meta other than posting saturday night and not concentrating on watching a dude reacting to another dude reviewing chicken wings on a restaurant (I'm vegetarian and don't know why I like it)
I'll tie your legs

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”