Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her please

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Marisa Kirisame »

Please forgive my breaking of character, I'm tired.

VOTE: Daiyousei

The entire line of questioning in is really bad. Why does Daiyousei care about the fact that my scumread of Kaguya can be applied to other people? I'm explicitly fine with voting the other people. Why does Daiyousei care that I said I don't understand how anyone could have a townread on Kaguya? Even if only Kagerou was townreading Kaguya, nobody else was voting her. I didn't understand why nobody was interested in a Kaguya vote and said so. None of this is actually relevant to my alignment in any way and none of this even gives a reason not to vote Kaguya. It just feels like a discredit attempt, or at best an attempt to look like Daiyousei is questioning and investigative (and therefore towny). I also mentioned that her cases on both Aya and Kagerou were fake, and I stand by that.
In post 899, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: This isn't quite true because Aya definitely
broke character at the height of her frustration, and I don't believe she's mixed news terminology and the like into any of her posts since then.
Aya breaking character happened after Daiyousei's bad case on Aya and therefore has no relevance to whether or not the case was good.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

I agree with Sanae about that Kaguya post feeling very town. There are a few posts from Kaguya where I feel the good feelings. (, would feel weird to come from scum, and looks like actually trying to see my POV? I also like the string of posts starting at , it feels organic? The one asterisk is the townread on Aya could maybe be scum whiteknighting but I don't think it's likely. should be all the evidence I actually need.

In all honesty I'm like halfway through this ISO and I'm kinda surprised they have not garnered more townreads? I have been able to reference most of their posts as pretty freaking town.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1142, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: This is also the reason why the scumread got softened after I found out it was a Yuukaism (because those parts no longer applied to the read), why are you ignoring that?
My pings on your Yuuka vote did lessen a bit seeing that exchange, but it did not fully dissuade it. (and I mean, your position did not even change enough for you to move your vote)

And I am not actively ignoring anything. I was answering a question.

You are in my 3 man poe, you landed as my 2nd lowest person in that poe, and I was asked why. So I pointed out the things that pinged me.

I don't think that I have a slam dunk case, and I was not trying to make one. Those were just "The things that tipped you below Dai"
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:39 pm

Somebody talk me off the ledge before I put Kaguya in my town list because in a vacuum I am actually really liking their ISO?
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1147, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: That hyperposters are getting the occasional side-eye doesn't actually matter when the only wagons with more than one vote this game have been "bottom half of the activity count + Kagerou"
This is only a problem is zero of the scum are in the bottom half of activity count. Which is not something that I am actually worried about on Day 1 of a mafia game.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:47 pm

In post 642, Daiyousei wrote:

wow! this is by far the worst post i've seen all game! @_@ it contributes nothing to the hunting process and is obviously designed just to kick a clearly hurting player while they're down

in an iso vacuum i'm still not thrilled with aya's body of work but this post and sanae co-signing it in 598 makes me want absolutely nothing to do with voting aya for the foreseeable future and everything to do with exterminating the kagerou/sanae mafpair asap
I really hate this, I feel like it is trying to exacerbate the situation when I frankly raised an eyebrow at the same quote as Kagerou?
In post 902, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 893, Koishi Komeiji wrote: That said, this looks like a really weird way to talk about me when you have much wordier qualifiers on the rest of the people you were asked about? It's not like I haven't been majorly present since your last block of reads, I suspect I'm going to be showing up on this week's episode of Hyperposters Least Wanted, starting John Walsh.
you're in a unique position where i was very much not a fan of your predecessor, but was also starting to rethink that stance because i wasn't sure if it was because she was mafia or because her foundational ideas for how to play differed strongly with mine

and then the replacement happened, which means that i still feel how i felt about the slot prior to the replacement but my concerns may no longer apply going forward

so i couldn't just drop you in either the "interested in voting" bin or the "not interested in voting" bin with any sort of confidence, hence the couched wording
I'm not sure I like how cognizant they are of their own trajectory, however I know that I can be a bit susceptible to this too? But referencing their own posts here felt kinda weird

I can see why there are votes on this slot, although admittedly part of me wonders if there is a disconnect with players struggling with the length of Dai's posting?
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1141, Sanae Kochiya wrote:
In post 1129, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: People blatantly going "hmm yes I seem to be only townreading the hyperposters this is a problem" and then not fucking doing anything about it is annoying as hell
Clownpiece - I think that this post is very townie, especially in the context of their Marisa vote earlier - it seems like they sincerely care about the 'sorting in the hyperposters' and are annoyed that other people aren't. I like that this mindset has propagated over tens of pages
in this moment, that post does not sway me.

But I am self aware that I sometimes when someone is arguing against me about themselves, my opinion become harder to change.

So, I will come back to this post tomorrow, and see if I can see what you see then.
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:49 pm

I'm townreading Koishi and Yuuka on page 20.
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:49 pm

(Yes, I'm behind)
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1157, Marisa Kirisame wrote: page 20
:eek:
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:52 pm

Sorry :(
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:58 pm

In post 505, Koishi Komeiji wrote: My bias to town read active players is a massive issue this game if there's at least one, but definitely if there's two, high-energy scum.
In post 512, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: I’m thinking Koishi is town plus the list from the top of the page, which I am now repurposing for my own needs.
I also want to townread this even though it's probably really easy to post as scum, because it's so easy scum probably won't do it. Or something...
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:58 pm

IDK how Koishi's post got into that quote :eek:
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:02 pm

Town:
Yuuka - Playing way too aggressive for scum, actively antagonizing others makes it very easy for others to want to murderlate you
Marisa - Liked a lot of their early play, will reevaluate after catchup
Larva - Good body of work and like the things they are saying
Kagerou - 2chaotic2bescum
Koishi - I liked the attempt to reaction test me and the follow up on Reisen stepping in the way
Kaguya - see: earlier this page

Lean Town
Aya - Lean, I can kinda see some solving but want to see what they do when they return to us
Clownpiece - I like most of what clownpost says I just like the ones in the town list more?

Leftovers
Sanae - back and forth on this. I just dunno. I don't disagree with the paranoia about the hyperposters but I don't feel much attempt to try and sort it?
Dai - talked about earlier this page
Ichirin - I feel like they were scummy and then vanished and everyone forgot they were scummy lol
Reisen - I feel very meh about the ISO, and I don't understand them stepping in the way of a reaction test on their only true null read?
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:04 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Sanae Kochiya, She/Her of the slightly smug looking green hair
Things I liked

-Willingness to throw out early town reads, as in posts and . And .
-Mindmeled with my catchup post-brain reading along as of post , that scum almost certainly has a role name (and to add, a fakeclaim given mod meta) that does not match an account.
-The scum read of Dai as of post is not something she has really budged on since. I usually put scum reads that are completely inflexible that are latched onto early as a pretty large town indicator, scum tend to be more shifty, especially in an anon game where voting pattern meta is not a thing.
-in its entirety. I don't know that in an anon game I roll scum and I play this self-aware of my not voting and then giving a weasel-out to my reads unless I am scum with exactly the two people I claim to be scum reading and feeling cheeky as possible.
-The fact that not ALL of her reads are inflexible, only the Dai one. Specifically, she had already changed her mind on my slot before the replace-in.
-Post , especially since my reaction was much the same just more verbose.
-Post for following up on it as well.
-Post for being emotionally intelligent but not diverting from path (602 much the same)
- snap-read because sometimes a single post just really does matter and calling it there limits a scum-Sanae's options in a way she wouldn't be aiming for.

Things I disliked

-Post - So you can indeed induce reads based upon the style of questions and how they drive the game forward, but don't seem to see that in the new me yet? Weird.

Things I cannot Grok?

-, a little bit? Explain using more words to me because it doesn't make sense.

Overall Verdict: Would probably die for.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:05 pm

Imagine formatting your thoughts instead of just spewing them on the thread
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:06 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1165, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Imagine formatting your thoughts instead of just spewing them on the thread
Well, it's also how I collect all those random thoughts from my notes PT. Otherwise my post count would be quadrupled and my longer reaction tests would never work out.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:09 pm

Do Kaguya next pls
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Clownpiece, They/Them that may move on from piece to violence, actually
Things I liked

-Post and the willingness to townbin early.
-Post , If I'd gotten a role and account name difference and been in the game from the start I'd have been playing 20 questions with GuyInFreezer too, until I beat all of the mech out of him I possibly could, then one extra thwack for good measure.
-Post , willingness to push back on a different mod answer. I feel like if clownpiece is scum here they just let that one sit? There's no real loss to dropping it.
-is another "I agree with this person on mech" and they're pushing people into the townbin early with no regards for keeping enough people in the elim end of the kiddie pool
-Post is another callback to it and this sticking point being a sore spot just bleeds green all over the floor. Mop up in the clown wigs aisle, please.
-The poking at my predecessor in and are the exact things I would have done from the outside. Those sorts of probing and direct questions gather tons of data and are usually the best possible tool of Realtime interactions. as well.
-I'd say the focus on mech is a little high, but like, at the same time, it's all been trying to mech-solve ways to town read people, which in a a game like this, I don't think scum are hurting for town reads, they want extra gimmie scum reads instead, ideally not on their partners. This bullet point started off as me trying to think of something I actually hated but then I realized that actually no, it's part of this section, deal with it.
-...Is that my logic on Clownpiece-town being used in the past by Clownpiece in post to town-read my predecessor? Wild.
-is actively shutting down the highest-vote wagon, and in a game state like this, what usually happens is that votes will start to slide around, but all of a sudden out of nowhere a wagon will form on a player with immense strength. Usually off of a case or some sort of "gotcha". Mafia are usually eager to see if this will jsut happen to anyone not in their faction, so actively shouting down wagons you disagree with in THIS specific sort of game state is extremely protown marking, IMO.

Things I disliked

Things I cannot Grok?

The entire section and back and forth with the Blue-haired one is something a little deeper-reading-into-it than I thought the reaction was. But this is probably style mismatch?

Overall Verdict: Would absolutely die for.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 709, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Makes me feel a little worse abt Kagerou,
Makes me feel a little better abt you but also that you have a ridiculous amount of confidence in your scumgame so I probably shouldn't be

In short, not really
Honestly don't really remember what I was thinking at the time, I think in real-time you came off better than Kagerou, so I tipped Kagerou a little lower, but at the same time I was sort of cognizant that you seem to have a good scumgame and know how to vibe, so I shouldng award townpoints even though the vibes were good
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:09 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Kaguya, They/Them that looks like an Akiha knock-off but probably predates her character design by years idk
Things I liked

-and , a naked vote followed up with explanation the next post, but going out of your way to naked vote to make it stand out, like putting it in bold in an otherwise boring essay.
-and , while somebody would have done this eventually, initiative is there, but still making to put a nice little conditional bow on the read.
-Post is still my favorite post of the early game, sue me.
-Post (in hindsight knowing what that reason is) to me screams "townie putting info into the thread just in case they die and the flips help people figure it out"
-Post , especially knowing later that the snap town read-them-for-it post is gonna happen. It was like the trailer for the big movie.
-The cheeky question -flip back about the Marisa read in though. Crisp.
-is actually a pretty decent tl;dr of an ISO. Or rather, I find it absolutely believable that Kaguya got there from where they started.
-is a decent take
-the SECOND answer in to the how do ISO query is actually completely in line with behavior and motive of a townie getting left in the dirt by a shitty hyper poster who is missing a keyboard so phone posts to death. Not that I know anyone who would to that.
-Knowing post exists means I'm skipping over a lot of the back-and-forth about Aya-posting because that entire section of the game I am not touching until Aya comes back, tbh?

Things I disliked

-to me seems to be uh, wasted post. It's the sort of mech busywork that's very surface level and doesn't actually push the game forward, really?
-and when not followed up with a list or reason for how that was being determined and failing to answer that later still kinda sits sour with me
-I didn't really like the answer of , but I get that it may be "time I have to spend on the game" indicative more than anything else
-just feels weird.

Things I cannot Grok?

-I don't know to +town or +scum the whole "I am town" thing and then the snark in post after it. So it goes here in the null callouts!
-I'm terrible at getting anything out of back and forth like the ones in

Overall Verdict: Town. Don't know if worth jumping on the grenade for though!
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:11 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

I'm doing three more of these tonight and then I'm probably taking a break to let my brain recover. I will pick two but let the active banter-y folks pick the third! The two I am gonna do next are Kagerou and Yuuka.
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: sie/hir

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:13 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

Direly need to get back into the swing of things, I'll reread from my last post sometime soon.
They're pronounced like see/hear.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:14 pm

I can respect your reasons to dislike, I feel like the interaction with Ichirin about the “I’m town” post might be something we need to revisit later with more information.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:14 pm

I’m not weighing in on which others you do bc I already had one I picked

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”