Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:53 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

VOTE: Aureal
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:32 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 671, ActionDan wrote:Jupiter saying Prism has "rancid vibes" really doesn't track well especially considering the conversation they had from 571 to 575 where Prism was treated cordially.
hi breaking out of my posting jail becaude tbh this pisses me off- have you read
any of my games ever
. that is literally how i express gutreads most of the timr
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:55 am

Post by Von Payne »

VOTE: Hu Tao
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:55 am

Post by Von Payne »

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:56 am

Post by Von Payne »

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:41 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Is that black or drew
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:00 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 664, Von Payne wrote: Gim's, is the 'whole lotta nothing' scummy from me? Or are you tunneled so much on Black that you will just ignore me all together? I am trying to navigate this day phase when I basically can only post now when on my laptop(I hate switching off of my main when phone posting since my phone hates to remember passwords to this damn site lol)......and when I do post at this time I don't get the engagement I am looking for, which I basically am begging for lol.....which is how I normally get myself into a game and form reads.

All that being said, I agree with you on Hu, after thinking about her some more this feels much less like the town version of her.

I also want more out of Aureal, since she exposes herself as town the more she posts, but she seems to have made like no impression on me, I could go that direction as well.

I do agree with you on Klick as well, probably the first time in awhile I am town reading Klick this early......or even at all lol

And ftr, I do lean town on you Gim's.......there is this bit of 'town leader' vibe that you are putting out that I remember from a game a few moon's ago

So again, lonely late night Drew is here if you want to keep me company

-Drew
okay, drew, I trust you. I think I was barking up the wrong tree with you two. I'm also thinking you're probably not scumming with catgirl, so my solve wasn't good anyway.

but also I want to push through the aureal flip now because I'm much more confident that aureal is scum in relation with hu tao. klick and DE are two townies who I think can read aureal very well, and we've all seen no reason to townread her yet - a player who is a locktownread on page 3 in most games - so that's where the flip goes. hu tao, in comparison, is someone that everyone that knows her is saying this is totally a possible route for town!hu tao to make. so we're not going there.

are you two with me? do you wish the join a wagon that has me, klick AND dragoneater?

also @kyoko: come to aureal with me and lets flip her today. we solve hu tao later. you trust me in this game, yes?

--------------------

as per who the third scum is, I'm starting to like the scumcase against sunflower. on re-read I see a whole lot of bad posting from both heads and it could be scum, but we'll deal with them later.

aureal > catgirl > sunflower would be my solve rn
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:29 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

I love how hu completely ignored my post on them and while replying and reacting to some votes and stuff going on, said nothing about stuff I posted. nothing is changed about my opinion on them.

Hu, Why do you think Catgirl is scummy, and why the vote there?

aureal making linked reads is pretty meh and can feel with agenda but overall I got the sense of frustration in them from the state of the game which I can completely relate to. but then they posted like 6 paragraphs with less than 1 paragraph of content in it so it also feels like extremely busy work. I'm not sure if I'm sold they are scum? but it's a slot I won't oppose a wagon on. This phase sucks for getting more content out of people which is why I'm pretty happy with just sticking to hu at the moment which I'm confident they will flip red even with all their performances and how people are buying the appeals they dropping left and right to pass the phase. and I think that's the correct move, cause I doubt having more phases will get anything extra out of them.

I don't think I scum-read cat girl at all. I think its a complicated slot and its not the phase to even try to read them and I think what they want out of this phase makes sense as a town perspective so I'm not concerned.

sunflower's slot is dropping some hydra member disconnections and variant reads in posts that can be a purposed method of trying and making them look real, yet their analysis also has a long body of busy work. I don't like their push on actiondan and insist on there tbh cause it felt like sheepy and choosy. yet I was fine with the pressure there cause till actions last post I was more concerned with that slot. But to want it elimed at that point was almost literally throwing a coin toss about a slot that was refusing to engage in the game and had no content. that of course changed a bit with actions last post about the slot and I'm actually fine with em right now.

One other thing is Aurel read on Klick, saying they think klick was deflecting attention from my case on hu by saying it's towny. I can't lie that I also got same feeling. I think there is a chance that hu is town and "performs" They are lost and do whatever they doing for whatever reason. but to say this play is not scummy cause it doesnt benefit scum is very flawd logic and disconnection from reality. as if hu is scum and doing this, that is exactly the same idea they want in people's head to just let them be and not engaged with. I dont think hu wanted this much attention and was trying to lie low with "I'm lost bits" on purpose. so if you guys have a meta that actually suggests he is capable of that and did that before I would like to analyze it.

I really think hu is scum from top to bottom. this pattern of post and how they changed approach few times, is all consistent with a scum view point and not a town one in any universe and I think they are best option considering the situation in this phase.

I dont have a high town lean on prism unlike many it seems. I think what they did in game was pretty simple to fake as scum so far.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VOTE: ActionDan
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VOTE: Prism
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:32 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 am

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I disagree heavily with the assessment that people voting HT and AD makes them town. If anything the votes on them make them scum because except for Black most of their voters are my townreads.

Like, I do get where this is coming from but I feel this is extremely surface level analysis. Let's take a hypothetical world where the scumteam is ActionDan/Prism/Von Payne (that's just an example). In this world Prism and VP haven't been eager at all to vote AD and the people who piled on AD were just town. Or let's take another hypothetical scumteam of Hu Tao/Prism/Aureal (and this is again just an example, it could be ActionDan or Ydrasse or even Silver Ravens instead of Prism for instance). Again, neither scum partner jumped on Hu Tao. Prism/Aureal tried to push alt wagons. Or alternatively Silver Ravens tried to create a feeling of people piling on Hu Tao but voting her and immediately unvoting. None of this comes close to clearing for either Hu Tao or ActionDan. Now the question is do I scumread ActionDan? And well I'll get to this later because I have some other things I wanna touch first.

The townblock I currently want to work with is Gimli/Klick/Kyoko/DE. It definitely feels very pure to me. If the other three can townread each other then we'd be all set. Right now I'm mostly sheeping Kyoko on Hu Tao but would be willing to switch to Aureal or Prism (Gimli and Klick's scumreads apparently) if Hu Tao doesn't regain traction.

Sunflower and Catgirl Chipotle are both townreads I would like to revisit, but I don't I don't have the time and the brainpower to do that right now since my real life is kinda all over the place. I probably could do it on Saturday at the earliest, maybe even as late as Monday. If we run out of content posts by then I'll just revisit them for myself and if I end up scumreading them then I guess I could maybe just vote them at that point. But yeah right now I think they are town and tbh I'd rather just not wagon them Day 1 and instead look at them on later days based on flips. I definitely don't think it's likely that they're both scum right now.

Gimli: regarding your last post of why vote Aureal compared to Hu Tao - I don't think what Hu Tao has been doing today is "totally reasonable". I have seen her self vote as town, I have seen her be ignorant of setup as town, but I have not seen her go "oh wow I'm completely lost so I will just sheep ____" as town as she's done here and I've not seen her go "welp I'm a liability just lim me" either. So this could definitely be scum. It could definitely be town too, but the thing is that none of this is town indicative for Hu Tao since she dumbtells as scum as much as she does when she's town. With Aureal I don't consider myself as someone who's like very good at reading her. I'm guessing you decided I was good at reading her because of her AtE about my scumread of her? Well it's more based on other things. Like cause she thinks I've repeatedly incorrectly scumread her and I should know better than to do that again this game. Still, you are correct that I've found myself not really townreading her, BUT just as with Sunflower and Catgirls I would like to not lim her today (but am willing to switch to her as I said before). Yes this does mean that if your solve this page is exactly correct then I'd be putting off all scum lims until tomorrow but tbh I think there's at most 2 scum in that solve. If I'm wrong I'm sure we can read them Day 2 and figure it out.

Klick-
In post 653, Klick wrote: Right this second I also think Dragon's grasp and understanding of the setup looks decently towny. But I'm going to be stubborn and not let him leave null until I'm very confident ):<
Why is understanding of setup towny? I literally read up about the game before it even started signups so my understanding of it has no bearing on my alignment. Unless you mean the way I've been talking and thinking about it, which I'm not convinced this is what you meant. Elaborate please.
In post 653, Klick wrote: finally has me convinced that Dragon is town fwiw. I particularly buy into the worldview presented in point 3 with who his true nulls are and how he feels about them. This just feels like how Dragon is actually viewing the game.
In post 653, Klick wrote:
TOWN

DragonEater70
Kyoko Kirigiri
Sunflower
Von Payne
What? You've moved me from null to top townread just because I understand the setup and have said something about who're my null reads (which btw several of them are consensus nulls). Can you explain where the high level of confidence on my alignment is coming from? (yes, I'm simultaneously including you in my town core and questioning you. I think you are very towny but this take feels ridiculous. Sue me).

Hmm I didn't really give AD's post a lot of attention yet. But it's also 1 AM and I've been sleeping at 3 AM the last two nights so maybe tonight I'll try to sleep "early". lol. Anyway on a very surface read AD's post is meh. The explanation of the self vote makes him go up from really scummy to roundabout null again, the things about hating my play aren't the most contrived reads I've ever seen but I do think they're fakable. Alright bye I'm going to sleep now and then look at this more in detail tomorrow.

This is post 64/100 btw. Since we missed doing it at 50 can we at least try to E-1 someone before 75? I really really don't want someone to be E-1'd after 100 posts and then claim and then we can't even discuss the claim.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:34 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:35 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I don't see myself giving thr effort so I'm fine with being gone. Just don't be upset with my flip, you all want this.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

Another unofficial vote count:

Hu Tao (6): Kyoko Kirigiri, Von Payne, Catgirl Chipotle, Aureal, DragonEater70, Hu Yao
Aureal (2): Klick, Gimli
Gimli (1): Sunflower
Sunflower (1): Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens (1): Prism

Not Voting (1): Ydrasse

-----
In post 681, Gimli wrote: but also I want to push through the aureal flip now because I'm much more confident that aureal is scum in relation with hu tao. klick and DE are two townies who I think can read aureal very well, and we've all seen no reason to townread her yet - a player who is a locktownread on page 3 in most games - so that's where the flip goes. hu tao, in comparison, is someone that everyone that knows her is saying this is totally a possible route for town!hu tao to make. so we're not going there.
Look Gimli, calling me normally a page 3 locktownread is such a terrible take that just for you I compiled a list of almost all of my recent town games here and assessed how I was read by people in them. I'm never a page 3 townread,
ever
(not even just limiting it to your own opinion). Do you seriously think I was lying when I said I'm typically floating around null and regularly have to fight to try to not get voted out?

Newbie 2108: got a bit of D1 suspicion, pushed as counter-wagon to scum D2, would likely have been voted in ELO if I hadn't voted first
Micro 1068: like I said, I made a readlist to try to generate content in a slow game, promptly got booted for it
N2110: the aforementioned game where I managed to get a lot of townreads quickly upon replacing in, but still got miseliminated D3 since I'd been townreading you and was one of the two not mechanically cleared players
Micro 1070: literally sitting at E-2 in every single VC until after you replace in
N2111 :mystical unicorn game where I was townread by everyone by the end of D1 but hardly by "page 3", also Black was scum and that has some sort of knock-on effect of making me look townier
N2114: miseliminated D1
Micro 1072: miseliminated D1 (on the same day as the previous game! that was really bad week for me -_-)
Mini 2295: barely survived D2 since I was off the hasty D1 scumflip and was pushed again the next day until petapan replacing in got LLD to reconsider and we got scum who'd been pushing me instead, and yet still I got some paranoia suspicion even afterwards
Micro 1073: replaced in and was slow enough to act in voting my scumread that I started getting run up at the end of the next day by townies who actually wanted to vote scumRanger with me but got tired of waiting, but it's okay because Aisa the Martyr fixed everything (she's the only one who thought I was obvtown and she was still second-guessing herself in the Martyr PT, it was funny XD)
Team Mafia: "Gimli wants me to reiterate Aristeia/Korina T/T and Aureal scum" :?
Open 878: fought like hell D3 and barely managed to avoid being counterwagoned instead of scum (I wasn't so obvtown to Aisa this time but she made the right call in the end)
N2122: replaced into Shea's spot so I didn't have to do much to establish myself, was mostly read as null/town the rest of the game and managed to actually get to decide the ELO for once after turning the D2 flip onto scum
Mini 2308: focused on mech early and was largely ignored then just kinda sank into nothingness as other games and the setup and being scumread by my townreads sapped my morale, and got quickhammered in "surprise, it's actually ELO"
Veiled Committe: other game, miseliminated D1, not going into it
Open 880: blew off playing D1, got wagoned for it, whined and made them back off for a bit, got wagoned again at deadline and saved myself from getting hammered by 2 minutes with my elaborate fakeclaim strategy that I'd spent the day devising instead of having reads
Weird Dreams: was literally a mason with Rat and Alianna and even though they were obvtown to everyone they couldn't get enough support to get people to vote me into the Nightmare with them, and was actually the weak counterwagon at EOD1; oh and I got shot N2 because Ircher thought I was their traitor since I'd been siding with scumKyoko's push on Ranger
Micro 1079: STD made a meme expressing his suspicion of my suspicion of him, also I got voted by Flavor Leaf in ELO without me even really getting to participate in ELO
Open 882: got a scumread slot into a better position upon replacing in and caught onto scumDrew but T-Bone turned on me in ELO and voted me instead
Open 885: Black is scum again here so it's another magical unicorn game where I'm mostly townread (I'm sure it has nothing to do with how I was using lazy meta to townread her! :o) though Snivy and Alianna got sus of me D2
Open 890: another game I started really lazily then had momentum go towards me a day before D1 deadline though on the last day I did manage to be the consensus townread when we just needed one, town just had a lot of lucky breaks here
Mini Theme 2315: played as a goose, it was great until I PoEed the last two scum down to HPE and Hu Tao but Hu managed to wriggle her way out of ELO while I was just starting to actually explain anything
Micro Theme 1093: well this was a game that technically existed, lol, there was no real pushes D1 then we locked right onto scum the next 2 days
Open 892: was one of tied D1 wagons and couldn't recover from it the next day due to the nomination mechanic only allowing 3 players to be voted on
Open 900: got suspicion from a couple of townies D1 but obvtowned as much as I can by putting my foot down and insisting we yeet scumDrew, then got paranoia voted in ELO anyway without me even posting
Mafia Reunion: was a pretty mixed bag, Dan and Titus really scumread me and the traitors both were gunning for me even though I was townreading their cult leaders
Open 903: barely present this game, the IC started up a wagon on me

(Hmm I may like talking about myself too much :shifty: )

In post 674, Klick wrote: Catgirl's response is to laugh my posting off, and Aureal's is to try to discredit while insinuating I'm scum for... reading her incorrectly?
In part, yes. Maybe I have you too much on a pedestal after what you did in the micro but it feels really bad for you to be so wrong on me here. And you're just flat-out ignoring my argument about the gamestate giving you the opportunity to push me here, so that doesn't help my opinion of your alignment. If you can supposedly read me so well and you're town, you ought to know that coming down on me like a ton of bricks without letting me get a chance to do things in my own time is counterproductive and makes things worse for us all (not to mention just plain frustrating me). There's even more examples I can cite from the games above if my descriptions don't give enough clues about how I react to being pushed for bad reasons and how well that tends to works out.
I think Aureal's main focus is on providing reasons not to eliminate her (she hasn't hit her 'power spike' - neither have I! It doesn't mean anything about my alignment) and to look elsewhere ('here's all these theories about what might be happening - please pick one of them').
Congratulations, you've figured out that I don't want to be miseliminated! This should not come as a surprise to anyone! Yes, I'm bloody well trying to do what I can to convince people not to do it and go for possible scum instead! You're making it sound like a bad thing! I have to start somewhere- so what exactly is it do
you
supposedly think that I
should
be doing here then, if not theorizing and trying to make reads with what I've got? I don't normally do much of this until we have several flips to work with but this game is totally messed up like that and I have to almost play backwards and you're using that to blame me for having messy reads that I typically struggle to form this early because the doors are so wide open to so many possibilities that it's not worth bothering. You're trying to make me regret spending hours thinking and writing and trying to fight my way into this game and not just blowing things off like Ydrasse and Hu. I like this playerlist, and I want to actually PLAY with it! I
want
to have conversations like this but this posting restriction does not allow for basically any such thing; we'll be out of posts in no time if people just start asking each other questions so I've tried to refrain from doing that. If you're legitimately trying to push me then you do not understand how hard of a restriction this is for me: I probably have some OCD tendencies about efficiency so posts being a draining resource
really
hurts me. I'm one of those people who plays video games and hoards all of the good items instead of using them, and logs into the MMO every day for the daily reward even though I have so much of it there's barely anything I can do with it anymore, and doesn't go 1.5 miles to the store just to get a couple of things unless I can plan it into my route while doing something else. This HURTS. We totally skipped the fun part of the game- I don't
want
to spend even more hours going through ISOs and re-reads on frigging DAY ONE with no info but that's what I'm going to have to do here I guess.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:42 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: sunflower
i guess i would vote this i haven't thought too hard about this game but some of their posts have felt strange to me i could probably verbalize if/when i go back. i don't know if i'm interested in an aureal wagon though i prefer it to hu tao.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:58 pm