JupiterXV (1):
JupiterXV
KayJayQueue (1):
halfasleep
Purplemango (1):
Jake The Wolfie

Not Voting (2):
Purplemango, awesomeming327

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-03-26 01:07:06).

Mod NotesNone!
Last edited by Alianna on Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:26 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 685, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 682, halfasleep wrote:
In post 650, JacksonVirgo wrote: What’s not to like?
it seemed like the reach of the century and i didn't believe that you really thought you saw a slip there.
Have you read the game? I explained my thought process
i have, yes. but for posterity:
In post 440, JacksonVirgo wrote: VOTE: Jupiter

They perspective slipped actually
In post 443, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 423, JupiterXV wrote: wow I came back to thread after forty minutes on public transit and I think I've seen a lot of scum theatre, (JV, Jake, Purple)

half-asleep I will respond to purplemango for the sake of fairness, I have part of that post written and will work on it later
In post 248, JupiterXV wrote: VOTE: Jake this is scummier tbh
In post 433, JupiterXV wrote: it's honestly astounding that jakes's been on site for like five years now and plays like this as town does anyone know if this is normal
These are not consistent, quoting random skimmed “jake is scum” like posts but grab any of them. Why would someone who scumreads them insult their towngame here.
In post 450, JacksonVirgo wrote: “It’s astounding they’ve been on the site with this towngame”

Paraphrased. This wording and yours seems to show to me that your assumption is that they’re town. Which would be the perspective slip in question.

I know what you meant to say, a slip is a slip.
In post 454, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 433, JupiterXV wrote: it's honestly astounding that jakes's been on site for like five years now and plays like this as town does anyone know if this is normal
To be as clear as I possibly can as I’m going to be busy again really soon.

I know what you were trying to say, that they’re too bad to reasonably be town (which like, I don’t respect you saying and I think that’s incredibly disrespectful).

What you said was filled with the assumption that they actually are town. Most notably your use of “astounding that” rather than something like “astounding if”.

I believe this is because you know he’s town (aka you’re a wolf) and accidentally slipped that with your wording.
In post 490, JacksonVirgo wrote: Also now that I’ve gotten a response, I also feigned a lot of my confidence with the slip. I do think it’s a bad look but not like caught scum levels of a slip. Their reaction I don’t like at all, it doesn’t feel like a natural response to me (considering where I stand in the game) but at the exact same time they did come back and respond to me fast instead of waiting to see what the general reception was. I think the former is a bad look, the latter a good look but at the same time I’m not sure if scum!jup waits on that now that I’m writing this out but the reaction to it being fast and the almost immediate defeatism is just incredibly awkward. It honestly baffles me that it happened the way it did
anyway i think saying something you don't believe is 'astounding' is perfectly legible rhetoric and i find it hard to believe you got so much out of it. and i guess that makes two of us.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 696, Black wrote:
In post 695, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 692, Black wrote:
In post 690, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 681, Black wrote: I don't really think the scumreads on me make a lot of sense, but whatever. This game hasn't been very enjoyable so I wouldn't mind not playing it anymore
As someone once said about me:

I think Black feels a little
too
casual about being pushed. Like the kind of casual that scum try to imitate when they don't want to seem bothered by a push.
So you agree this is scummy behavior?
I’m saying it’s hypocritical from you specifically.
You do realize our reactions were very different right? I don't think I'm being hypocritical at all
Yes, my reaction was casual during the first 2 days of the game when I still assumed it was rvs and had no reason to think a vote on me was something I needed to really worry about especially with no explanation/accusation.

You got voted after 28 pages and plenty on content and you basically say you don’t care and wouldn’t mind not being in the game. Your reaction was definitely worse.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 700, Alianna wrote:
VC 1.10
Votecount 1.10

JupiterXV (2):
JupiterXV, halfasleep
Jake The Wolfie (2):
fireisredsir, Black
Black (2):
KayJayQueue, JacksonVirgo
Purplemango (1):
Jake The Wolfie

Not Voting (2):

Mod NotesNone!
again, i am not voting for jupiter.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:28 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

VC 1.10
Votecount 1.10

JupiterXV (2):
JupiterXV, halfasleep
Jake The Wolfie (2):
fireisredsir, Black
Black (2):
Purplemango (1):
Jake The Wolfie

Not Voting (2):

Mod NotesNone!
Halfasleep is voting me not Jupiter.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 702, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 696, Black wrote:
In post 695, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 692, Black wrote:
In post 690, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 681, Black wrote: I don't really think the scumreads on me make a lot of sense, but whatever. This game hasn't been very enjoyable so I wouldn't mind not playing it anymore
As someone once said about me:

I think Black feels a little
too
casual about being pushed. Like the kind of casual that scum try to imitate when they don't want to seem bothered by a push.
So you agree this is scummy behavior?
I’m saying it’s hypocritical from you specifically.
You do realize our reactions were very different right? I don't think I'm being hypocritical at all
Yes, my reaction was casual during the first 2 days of the game when I still assumed it was rvs and had no reason to think a vote on me was something I needed to really worry about especially with no explanation/accusation.

You got voted after 28 pages and plenty on content and you basically say you don’t care and wouldn’t mind not being in the game. Your reaction was definitely worse.
I'm glad we agree they were different reactions
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:35 am

Post by Purplemango »

In post 680, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 674, Purplemango wrote:
In post 532, Black wrote:
In post 530, Purplemango wrote: UNVOTE: black
I forgot i voted for her in like the first thing
Do you have any reads?
I kinda forgot about it and had busy day, sorry
Also i had something better but it got deleted
Anyway
More scum then town: jake, jacksonvirgo
In the middle of both: halfasleep, ming
Idk: jay
More town then scum: fireisredsir, black(???)
This is some interesting stuff.

Would you care to elaborate on any of it?
jake - I don't really understand the logic behind actions, at the moment it's getting better, but still too weird to be a town in my mind
Like, too much doesn't make sense

jacksonvirgo - similar to above, strange way of speaking, more like scum than town, but it might be their usual and I just don't know enough

halfasleep - it's hard for me to see her as scum, considering that she talked a lot and actively promotes the town, but it might just be a good cover or something ming - I can see too much as both scum and town, so he's in the middle as well

black - the way she talks makes more sense as a town, and her defense works for me I sort of understand her thought process

fireisredsir - probably related to the fact that I generally agree with him on some things, similar to the above, there is a good chance that will change

I have no idea about jay, and in general I also see jupiter as a town at the moment but it seems less relevant to me now
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:36 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 701, halfasleep wrote:
In post 685, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 682, halfasleep wrote:
In post 650, JacksonVirgo wrote: What’s not to like?
it seemed like the reach of the century and i didn't believe that you really thought you saw a slip there.
Have you read the game? I explained my thought process
i have, yes. but for posterity:
In post 440, JacksonVirgo wrote: VOTE: Jupiter

They perspective slipped actually
In post 443, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 423, JupiterXV wrote: wow I came back to thread after forty minutes on public transit and I think I've seen a lot of scum theatre, (JV, Jake, Purple)

half-asleep I will respond to purplemango for the sake of fairness, I have part of that post written and will work on it later
In post 248, JupiterXV wrote: VOTE: Jake this is scummier tbh
These are not consistent, quoting random skimmed “jake is scum” like posts but grab any of them. Why would someone who scumreads them insult their towngame here.
In post 450, JacksonVirgo wrote: “It’s astounding they’ve been on the site with this towngame”

Paraphrased. This wording and yours seems to show to me that your assumption is that they’re town. Which would be the perspective slip in question.

I know what you meant to say, a slip is a slip.
In post 454, JacksonVirgo wrote:
To be as clear as I possibly can as I’m going to be busy again really soon.

I know what you were trying to say, that they’re too bad to reasonably be town (which like, I don’t respect you saying and I think that’s incredibly disrespectful).

What you said was filled with the assumption that they actually are town. Most notably your use of “astounding that” rather than something like “astounding if”.

I believe this is because you know he’s town (aka you’re a wolf) and accidentally slipped that with your wording.
In post 490, JacksonVirgo wrote: Also now that I’ve gotten a response, I also feigned a lot of my confidence with the slip. I do think it’s a bad look but not like caught scum levels of a slip. Their reaction I don’t like at all, it doesn’t feel like a natural response to me (considering where I stand in the game) but at the exact same time they did come back and respond to me fast instead of waiting to see what the general reception was. I think the former is a bad look, the latter a good look but at the same time I’m not sure if scum!jup waits on that now that I’m writing this out but the reaction to it being fast and the almost immediate defeatism is just incredibly awkward. It honestly baffles me that it happened the way it did
anyway i think saying something you don't believe is 'astounding' is perfectly legible rhetoric and i find it hard to believe you got so much out of it. and i guess that makes two of us.
That’s like not at all what I was calling out
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:36 am

Post by Black »

Halfasleep would you like to join the Jake wagon? I would be fine going for Kay but I would feel worse about it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:39 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 705, Black wrote:
It’s funny that you think you’re making some great point here, you’re not. My point was you saying that to me originally was unnecessary because I had no reason to not be casual at that time. Now you’re doing what you accused me of doing, but you actually should be defending yourself instead of being casual which is what you claimed was a bad move on my part/AI. If it’s not AI, then you’re just a hypocrite. If it is AI, then you messed up.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:40 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 694, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 689, halfasleep wrote:
In post 668, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 661, halfasleep wrote: i'd also like you to consider how being more concerned with defending yourself than anything else might look. you only have one vote (mine) on you i don't understand why you're this indignant about it.
Take a look at that thread and tell me I don’t need to be worried with defending myself. It’s ridiculous to try to tell me that nearly all the active players are agreeing with posts that sus me and I am too concerned with defending against that.
i'll be more clear: it's a team game. you can still win if you die. in my mind appearing more concerned with self-defense is likely to be a scumtell or possibly a PR slip. i would really hope you're not doing the latter
If I thought “we can still win if town dies” was a good strategy, why wouldn’t I have just hammered Jupiter? I clearly stated that it was a team game during that conversation and that I felt if he was town he was screwing over his team by giving up.

Basically, a mislim doesn’t doom us, sure. But I know for a fact that I’d be a mislim and what information would it give town? If anything the fact that you think I slipped as a PR and still pushing me makes it seem like scum is trying to mislim a PR.
1. why wouldn't you hammer. because there's no reason for you to want to end the day so early or look like you want to. bizarre argument.
2. again, nobody is voting with me. you're not in particularly present danger of being today's lim i don't understand why you think you are. i'm engaging with my scumread to get information from your replies. i'm not actively campaigning for more votes for you and if 3 players suddenly move their vote on you i'd unvote since i wouldn't comfortable letting you sit at e-1 at this point.
3. oh come on. 'possibly' doesn't mean i think that i'm acknowledging other possible explanations. i was overlooking you just being defensive as a personality point so i'll acknowledge that too.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:41 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 703, halfasleep wrote:
VC 1.10
Votecount 1.10

JupiterXV (2):
JupiterXV, halfasleep
Jake The Wolfie (2):
fireisredsir, Black
Black (2):
Purplemango (1):
Jake The Wolfie

Not Voting (2):

Mod NotesNone!
again, i am not voting for jupiter.
In post 704, KayJayQueue wrote:
VC 1.10
Votecount 1.10

JupiterXV (2):
JupiterXV, halfasleep
Jake The Wolfie (2):
fireisredsir, Black
Black (2):
Purplemango (1):
Jake The Wolfie

Not Voting (2):

Mod NotesNone!
Halfasleep is voting me not Jupiter.
Fixing this now.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:43 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 707, JacksonVirgo wrote: That’s like not at all what I was calling out
ok then, what am i misunderstanding here?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:43 am

Post by Black »

In post 709, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 705, Black wrote:
It’s funny that you think you’re making some great point here, you’re not. My point was you saying that to me originally was unnecessary because I had no reason to not be casual at that time. Now you’re doing what you accused me of doing, but you actually should be defending yourself instead of being casual which is what you claimed was a bad move on my part/AI. If it’s not AI, then you’re just a hypocrite. If it is AI, then you messed up.
My initial point was that you were reacting in the kind of casual way that I would expect from scum. I didn't react the same way as you so I reject your claim that I'm being a hypocrite

I think it's pretty clear you don't like me and that's very apparent in the way you are talking to me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:44 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 713, Black wrote: I think it's pretty clear you don't like me and that's very apparent in the way you are talking to me
That’s an interesting thing for you to say.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:47 am

Post by Black »

In post 714, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 713, Black wrote: I think it's pretty clear you don't like me and that's very apparent in the way you are talking to me
That’s an interesting thing for you to say.
I'm sensing hostility from you and I'm not sure why. If I'm wrong I apologize but there's a bite when you're talking to me that makes me think you just dislike me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:47 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 708, Black wrote: Halfasleep would you like to join the Jake wagon? I would be fine going for Kay but I would feel worse about it
i've obviously not had an easy time with jake this game but my gut still pinged town when i was taking to him. definitely my shakiest townread though.
i'd probably be happier with kay or jackson today but i don't see it going that way. it's possible i end up compromising on jake at day's end but i'm definitely not there yet with the time we have left.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:48 am

Post by halfasleep »

*talking to him. i make no comment on whether or not i'm taking to him
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:01 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 706, Purplemango wrote: jake - I don't really understand the logic behind actions, at the moment it's getting better, but still too weird to be a town in my mind
Like, too much doesn't make sense

oh hey! here you are! anyway can you elaborate where you are on jake? i agree his style is hard to parse but i'd like to hear exactly what you think doesn't make sense.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:09 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

This game is so cursed, even more than the other micro where scum did nuthin
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:11 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 719, JacksonVirgo wrote: This game is so cursed, even more than the other micro where scum did nuthin
No kidding
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:15 am

Post by halfasleep »

ok i need to backread this black/jackson/kay argument for sure. the posts came in pretty hot while i was typing my own stuff and i lost track of what the disagreement even was. am i right in thinking it started from jackson not liking black's change in jupiter read and black not liking kay's read on her?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:21 am

Post by Black »

In post 719, JacksonVirgo wrote: This game is so cursed, even more than the other micro where scum did nuthin
:lol:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess