Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:22 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 922, KayJayQueue wrote: I could be wrong but I’m seeing purplemango’s posts coming from a newer player and not so much AI in any way but just from a stance of the game being a bit overwhelming and not really knowing what to comment on or how to read the flow. I don’t feel an overwhelming reason to scum read his ISO right now.
I don't really see him trying to solve the game at all.
None of his posts really seem like he is trying to figure out who the scum are, and only seems to start giving reads when pressured to, then only ellaborates when asked as well (which I do concede I could see as being a new player/overwhelmed player thing), but I feel like even then, there doesn't seem to be any urgency in trying to figure out who the scum are.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 922, KayJayQueue wrote: I could be wrong but I’m seeing purplemango’s posts coming from a newer player and not so much AI in any way but just from a stance of the game being a bit overwhelming and not really knowing what to comment on or how to read the flow. I don’t feel an overwhelming reason to scum read his ISO right now.
I agree with you, I think mango is probably the safer bet for anybody to pivot to so I don’t really trust or want that pushed at the moment
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Given I’m stubborn and want who I want

wiki // GTKAS
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 927, JacksonVirgo wrote:
I agree with you, I think mango is probably the safer bet for anybody to pivot to so I don’t really trust or want that pushed at the moment
This is my only concern to, the focus shifted to Purple a little too quickly/easily for my liking.

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:25 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 929, Thomith wrote:
In post 927, JacksonVirgo wrote:
This is my only concern to, the focus shifted to Purple a little too quickly/easily for my liking.
I’m glad you have that same concern. To be extra clear, I think it’s easy to pivot to regardless of alignment but that gives scum (if they are being pressured rn) an easier way to dodge that so that’s my main concern with that wagon right now.

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:25 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 926, Thomith wrote:
I don't really see him trying to solve the game at all.
None of his posts really seem like he is trying to figure out who the scum are, and only seems to start giving reads when pressured to, then only ellaborates when asked as well (which I do concede I could see as being a new player/overwhelmed player thing), but I feel like even then, there doesn't seem to be any urgency in trying to figure out who the scum are.
I agree with all of your points but I still want to give the benefit of the doubt at the moment. I’ll reassess in a bit. Hopefully he posts a bit more and things become clearer.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:27 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 227, fireisredsir wrote: i think kay has done alignment indicative things
I couldn't see anything in your ISO, but did you ever explain what "alignment indicative" things Kay has done?

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

mango is pretty coinflip for me rn which like yea sometimes those land on heads but i am not really gonna be that excited about flipping it
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:27 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 923, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 917, Gimli wrote: I'm back to thinking its virgo +1 and kay is being pocketed lol

that post of hers just doesn't vibe as a towny one to me? and yet virgo is like 'how does ANYONE not see this is towny' and I'm like... really? that's townie? idk, I don't think it's that townie, but maybe for a scum player that knows her alignment is town this looks towny af.
You’re incredibly off base. Your arguments are so filled with faulty logic it’s actually insane. You saying I’m scummy because “black is town and ur pushing her owo”, and just straight assuming my read here can only come about from TMI

Get your head out of your ass.
Aww Jackson, now there's no need for such insults. They only serve to further infuriate and muddy the game.
At the very least, it won't help convice anyone that you're right.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:27 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 933, fireisredsir wrote: mango is pretty coinflip for me rn which like yea sometimes those land on heads but i am not really gonna be that excited about flipping it
Yeah I’m with you on that

wiki // GTKAS
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:28 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 932, Thomith wrote:
In post 227, fireisredsir wrote: i think kay has done alignment indicative things
I couldn't see anything in your ISO, but did you ever explain what "alignment indicative" things Kay has done?

it wasn't a very strong thought it was mostly a response to jupiter saying that he thought kay hadn't done anything AI yet
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:29 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VC 1.12
Votecount 1.12

Gimli (2):
KayJayQueue, JacksonVirgo
Purplemango (2):
Jake The Wolfie, Gimli
Jake The Wolfie (1):
fireisredsir
KayJayQueue (1):
halfasleep

Not Voting (3):
Purplemango, awesomeming327, Thomith

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-03-26 01:07:06).

Mod NotesNone!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:29 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 917, Gimli wrote: I'm back to thinking its virgo +1 and kay is being pocketed lol

that post of hers just doesn't vibe as a towny one to me? and yet virgo is like 'how does ANYONE not see this is towny' and I'm like... really? that's townie? idk, I don't think it's that townie, but maybe for a scum player that knows her alignment is town this looks towny af.
You’re incredibly off base. Your arguments are so filled with faulty logic it’s actually insane. You saying I’m scummy because “black is town and ur pushing her owo”, and just straight assuming my read here can only come about from TMI

tone down a notch please and thank you

I gave a lot of reasons why I think you could be scum and you're simplifying that as 'black is town and you're pushing her'.

I don't see what you're seeing about that kay post. it seems like a kind of 'woe is me' post that could come from either alignment. again, if I'm scum and she is a townie and she is doing this, maybe it'd feel as a very townie thing, cause you get to read into people's emotions better when you know their alignments. which is why I feel like it could be TMI.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 936, fireisredsir wrote:

it wasn't a very strong thought it was mostly a response to jupiter saying that he thought kay hadn't done anything AI yet
Gotcha, missed that post - let me take a look.
Has anything happened since that may have strengthened these thoughts?

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 785, JacksonVirgo wrote: Kay, I think Fire is pretty substantially townie which I’ll explain soon if needed, I don’t think I ever did explain that properly.
Did I miss this post, Jack?

If not, I’m patiently waiting.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:31 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 934, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

Aww Jackson, now there's no need for such insults. They only serve to further infuriate and muddy the game.
At the very least, it won't help convice anyone that you're right.
I don’t think any of that are insults? A little aggressive, sure. I’ll rephrase.

Gimli, I don’t think your arguments are substantial at all. They seem to be the arguments made to force yourself to a conclusion that you want it to. Whether that is an agenda like I’m inherently believing or confirmation bias it’s the same deal. The logic surrounding TMI and then read accuracy especially as I called out are the most potent examples of it that I can call off my head. I don’t believe you should be even remotely making those arguments, so if you’re town I’d like you to touch base for a moment and reassess what’s actually scummy and what’s not.

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:32 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 918, Thomith wrote: I'm going to do a proper read through/catchup tomorrow because I'm exhausted today so haven't done much other than skim through parts of the thread and keep up with what is happening today.

On a skim read I find myself not liking Purple, and due to recent posts such as I find myself raising my eyebrows at halfasleep. I also don't like the "I only replace into town slots" from Gimli, and the TMI thing seemed weird to me at the time, although I appreciate it was explained since.

I don't want to eliminate Kay today.
I'm not super convinced by the Jackson/Jake solve fully, so want to look at those ISO's together at some point to see if I'm missing something.
i like how this looks, i think.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:35 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 941, JacksonVirgo wrote:[...]
Thank you.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:36 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Kay had been barraged for a decent while, the frustration (or whatever the word is) for what people are actually expecting from here is extremely apparent there. I see it coming from a place where she genuinely feels targeted no matter what she does, which I completely empathise with.

wiki // GTKAS
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:39 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 939, Thomith wrote:

it feels like my read on kay flips with every post she makes so i would say yes things have happened and no my thoughts are not straightened

currently i think her badgering jackson for their read explanation on me is towny but then maybe she'll make another post and ill change my mind again idk
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:39 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 340, Jake The Wolfie wrote: After reading the respective Day 1's from Black, her behaviour here is totally new and does not correlate with anything that she's done before, whether she be scum or town.

Therefore, I feel justified in saying that Black's actions are scummy of their own merit, and you'll need to pull some meta from her games yourself to convince me otherwise.
I'm... very confused by the post lmao.
It seems contradictory - Black isn't playing to her town or scum meta, so she is by default scum?
It feels like a stretch, unless I'm misunderstanding?

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:41 am

Post by Thomith »

I like Jake's posting and questioning, which make me even less convinced by the Jake/Jackson solve.

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:43 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 945, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 939, Thomith wrote:

it feels like my read on kay flips with every post she makes so i would say yes things have happened and no my thoughts are not straightened

currently i think her badgering jackson for their read explanation on me is towny but then maybe she'll make another post and ill change my mind again idk
so true bestie
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:46 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 195, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 193, halfasleep wrote:
In post 182, awesomeming327 wrote: Also if you have reads based on any better evidence I'd love to hear it... or do you just want to stay in RVS forever? Discouraging early reads is one of the most unhealthy playstyles possible
i didn't think we were still in RVS even if the game is a little slow. and i'm not discouraging early reads. i don't think i'm being subtle at all about who i'm currently scumreading lol
provide reads then.
I'm curious as to what
your
reads are?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”