Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:47 am

Post by halfasleep »

jackson, kjq and jake: i believe you all scumread thomith's slot at various points when it was jupiter in the driver's seat. how has thomith's posting affected your pereception of the slot so far?
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:51 am

Post by Thomith »

The fact that awesomeming has a largely similar ISO to Purple, but has received very little flack for it throughout the game I find a little concerning.
He feels like he is doing the same thing, by not really attempting to solve the game, while still posting and being present, but I can't really see any urgency to attempt to find scum either?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:52 am

Post by Thomith »

tinfoiling Gimli/awesomeming potentially? Need to double check those slots ISO's together as well as Jake/Jackson

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:53 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 950, halfasleep wrote: jackson, kjq and jake: i believe you all scumread thomith's slot at various points when it was jupiter in the driver's seat. how has thomith's posting affected your pereception of the slot so far?
I want to be clear that this isn’t meant to insult the previous slot owner.

I feel much better about the slot due to the level-headed approach to the game Thom seems to have. It feels like a more mature perspective and I’m getting more information than I did from the slot previously.

Now I run into a problem here because that’s the best way to fool me. I want to tentatively pull him out of my scum reads but I worry I’m falling into a trap of my own making by trusting it too much.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:56 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 951, Thomith wrote: The fact that awesomeming has a largely similar ISO to Purple, but has received very little flack for it throughout the game I find a little concerning.
He feels like he is doing the same thing, by not really attempting to solve the game, while still posting and being present, but I can't really see any urgency to attempt to find scum either?
I’d like to point out since I know no one else will, that I listed them both at the same place in my reads because, as you said, they’ve been very similar in my opinion. I’ve only commented more on purple because I’ve had pushback on him specifically.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:56 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Im cautious about Thom, I don’t want to make the contrast of him and Jup to made me read him town just for being a more level voice.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:57 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 953, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 950, halfasleep wrote: jackson, kjq and jake: i believe you all scumread thomith's slot at various points when it was jupiter in the driver's seat. how has thomith's posting affected your pereception of the slot so far?
I want to be clear that this isn’t meant to insult the previous slot owner.

I feel much better about the slot due to the level-headed approach to the game Thom seems to have. It feels like a more mature perspective and I’m getting more information than I did from the slot previously.

Now I run into a problem here because that’s the best way to fool me. I want to tentatively pull him out of my scum reads but I worry I’m falling into a trap of my own making by trusting it too much.
Huge mindmeld

wiki // GTKAS
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think ming has felt townier to me and generally more engaged in solving the game when he's been here
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:58 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 954, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 951, Thomith wrote: The fact that awesomeming has a largely similar ISO to Purple, but has received very little flack for it throughout the game I find a little concerning.
I’d like to point out since I know no one else will, that I listed them both at the same place in my reads because, as you said, they’ve been very similar in my opinion. I’ve only commented more on purple because I’ve had pushback on him specifically.
I more meant generally in the game, rather than people specifically, but that's good to know.
I basically noticed that awesomeming's ISO was similar to Purple, but looking at the VC's, awesomeming hasn't really been voted all that much (except by halfasleep), whereas Purple has had multiple votes at different times during the game day.

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:58 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

VOTE: Gimli

I don’t remember who I was voting

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:59 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Fire how detached from this game are you?

wiki // GTKAS
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:59 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 957, fireisredsir wrote: i think ming has felt townier to me and generally more engaged in solving the game when he's been here
I don't see a huge solving nature to most of his posts, at least any more than Purple?
Maybe I'm missing something, which posts seem like he is solving more than Purple?

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:59 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 946, Thomith wrote:
In post 340, Jake The Wolfie wrote: After reading the respective Day 1's from Black, her behaviour here is totally new and does not correlate with anything that she's done before, whether she be scum or town.

Therefore, I feel justified in saying that Black's actions are scummy of their own merit, and you'll need to pull some meta from her games yourself to convince me otherwise.
I'm... very confused by the post lmao.
It seems contradictory - Black isn't playing to her town or scum meta, so she is by default scum?
It feels like a stretch, unless I'm misunderstanding?
Ah, I see. A more accurate description of my thoughts them would be this:

If I were gauging Black's actions purely from her meta (as provided by the person I was talking to, in this case [NAME],) then I would be able to determine nothing, as that was new behaviour from her.

However, if I applied some theory to Black's actions, I would determine her to be scummy based purely on their own merits and not because of outside factors or influences.

Analogously, she isn't a thief because she has a history of stealing ice cream, she's a thief because we just observed her stealing ice cream.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

specifically i guess the difference for me is that mango has felt more like the focus has been on sharing reads and sometimes asking people to clarify reads whereas ming i felt has been applying actual pressure to people in a way that feels like town trying to solve

it's probable that there's also a playstyle difference between them which accounts for some of that, but i don't really see their ISOs as looking that similar
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:01 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 962, Jake The Wolfie wrote:[...]

If I were gauging Black's actions purely from her meta (as provided by the person I was talking to, in this case Jupiter,) then I would be able to determine nothing, as that was new behaviour from her.
[...]
I am so good at remembering to mad-lib things back into my posts.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:02 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 962, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 946, Thomith wrote:
In post 340, Jake The Wolfie wrote: After reading the respective Day 1's from Black, her behaviour here is totally new and does not correlate with anything that she's done before, whether she be scum or town.

Therefore, I feel justified in saying that Black's actions are scummy of their own merit, and you'll need to pull some meta from her games yourself to convince me otherwise.
I'm... very confused by the post lmao.
It seems contradictory - Black isn't playing to her town or scum meta, so she is by default scum?
It feels like a stretch, unless I'm misunderstanding?
Ah, I see. A more accurate description of my thoughts them would be this:

If I were gauging Black's actions purely from her meta (as provided by the person I was talking to, in this case [NAME],) then I would be able to determine nothing, as that was new behaviour from her.

However, if I applied some theory to Black's actions, I would determine her to be scummy based purely on their own merits and not because of outside factors or influences.

Analogously, she isn't a thief because she has a history of stealing ice cream, she's a thief because we just observed her stealing ice cream.
Cool, that makes more sense. Thanks

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:04 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 963, fireisredsir wrote: specifically i guess the difference for me is that mango has felt more like the focus has been on sharing reads and sometimes asking people to clarify reads whereas ming i felt has been applying actual pressure to people in a way that feels like town trying to solve

it's probable that there's also a playstyle difference between them which accounts for some of that, but i don't really see their ISOs as looking that similar
i guess there's not a ton of it but early on he felt like he was using votes and pressure to try to get things moving, and felt like a town pov to me
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I want to say that I also believe ming is a rl friend of Jupiter’s and because of that might have felt more comfortable participating at the beginning of the game where purple may not have. Having someone familiar around can be a game changer.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 96, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 94, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 91, JupiterXV wrote: gamers do yall think jake voting purple is scum-motivated or not
The comment before the vote makes it seem like an excuse for jumping on a bus (that was only 2 votes at the time, so not even a bus)
Bad answer
VOTE: KayJayQueue

The correct answer is:
3rd vote scum theorem
In post 179, awesomeming327 wrote: Bad morning

VOTE: JupiterXV

for unnecessary AtE
In post 182, awesomeming327 wrote: Also if you have reads based on any better evidence I'd love to hear it... or do you just want to stay in RVS forever? Discouraging early reads is one of the most unhealthy playstyles possible
In post 195, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 193, halfasleep wrote:
In post 182, awesomeming327 wrote: Also if you have reads based on any better evidence I'd love to hear it... or do you just want to stay in RVS forever? Discouraging early reads is one of the most unhealthy playstyles possible
i didn't think we were still in RVS even if the game is a little slow. and i'm not discouraging early reads. i don't think i'm being subtle at all about who i'm currently scumreading lol
provide reads then.
These are the only posts I can find that would indicate him applying pressure, but I'm not seeing them outright being "solving" posts?

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

id like to see more from him especially now that the game came to life a bit with replacements but i think i haven't really seen anything from mango that has stood out to me as feeling towny, while i have from ming even if there isn't much
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 967, KayJayQueue wrote: I want to say that I also believe ming is a rl friend of Jupiter’s and because of that might have felt more comfortable participating at the beginning of the game where purple may not have. Having someone familiar around can be a game changer.
along these lines is this is why im not that excited about wagoning purple, it feels like punishing someone for not finding their footing when it's automatically going to be harder for them to find their footing and that may not be related to alignment

and as i said a while ago i think they felt a little more lost/disconnected in their town game than in their scumgame so i don't think it's a scumtell
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:10 am

Post by Gimli »

I've cleared KJQ given her posting about thomith in this page

I do think it's jackson/mango

I understand I should probably revisit ming but I feel fine about all the other slots.

I agree with KJQ about thomith, but I'd also add that the guy who self voted and hardclaimed VT with like one vote on him after hypocritically pushing someone else for self voting is probably a townie almost every single time.

I've been agreeing with a lot of fireisred in this game, including having the same solves while reading the game from start to finish in several key points of the game.

I feel better about KJQ, I think she is a player I have a hard time grasping cause of both being too new to mafia but too smart to take for granted, and some of her passionate defensive posting can come across as scummy, but I think I'm fine with her atp. all in all her evaluation of thomith makes sense when she is a townie.

jake's posting felt good since the gambit and I'm fine writing him off as a townie as well.

halfasleep is still my strongest TR. nuanced and engaged in the game, seems to be evaluating players and not just faking that she is doing that. I like the way she cased KJQ, even though the case itself was maybe not strong, but it feels like a towny effort. also the way she asks questions to everyone feel like a player evaluating on everyone and trying to solve.

so I'm left with virgo who just doesn't feel very town at all and, by the way he postures himself, can definitely post very hard as scum (and probably depends on it), and mango is the POE safe place that will likely flip scum here imo.

again I understand I should revisit ming, I'll do that in a bit.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:12 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’m purposely not commenting on that until others do

wiki // GTKAS
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:17 am

Post by Gimli »

ming feels like a towny evaluating the game and not giving a crap about how he looks. there are a great many number of townpings in his ISO. it has nothing to do with mango's ISO, that is a lot more bland and filler looking posts with no organic reactions to anything.

I understand thomith thinking I'm scum with ming because I'm pushing the other lurker guy but it's a very different ISO, like fireisred said.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 am

Post by Thomith »

Since two people are saying the Purple/ming ISO's are different, I'll look again tomorrow when I'm less tired, because I'm not seeing it, but could just be missing something.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”