Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:03 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Why does out of game connection change a thing for who is doing the pocketing (if any)
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1100, JacksonVirgo wrote: Why does out of game connection change a thing for who is doing the pocketing (if any)
she's been portraying herself as someone being pushed from multiple directions, which isnt particularly true for her slot, but you seem to have bought that narrative as you said she endured a 'barrage' of pushes. you're susceptible to white knighting your 'woe is me' friend and she is posting in a way that points at a possible existing dynamic where she is scum and she is appeasing you both by townreading you much more than your posting deserves, and by pushing your scumread real hard without anything substancial to back it up.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It is true, I’m also not stupid(?) like you are seemingly making it out that I am

wiki // GTKAS
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1102, JacksonVirgo wrote: It is true, I’m also not stupid(?) like you are seemingly making it out that I am
its not true

she was only voted by three slots TOTAL after RVS in this game: black, fireisred and halfasleep. her wagon got to 2 votes total. fuck I have three votes on me right now and you don't see me throwing a fit, do you? mango had three votes on him at a time. jake even got to E-1 (with his own help). multiple slots have been pushed much more strongly than KJQ, but that's not your perception, because her AtE got to you. because she is your friend, and you're susceptible.

I'm not calling you an idiot, mafia is a pretty hard game at times. this is a particularly hard game. but feel free to feel insulted *shrug*
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:43 pm

Post by Gimli »

I take you feeling insulted as a towny emotion fwiw
I'll tie your legs
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:43 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’m just going to ignore how condescending you are right now

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:43 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Don’t keep it going

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’ll respond to what you said soon

wiki // GTKAS
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm just trying to solve, mate, you don't have to take it to heart
I'll tie your legs
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

There’s a difference between taking something to heart and requesting to be treated with respect.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It’s not a fuzzy line

wiki // GTKAS
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:49 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1109, JacksonVirgo wrote: There’s a difference between taking something to heart and requesting to be treated with respect.
point to where I disrespected you
I'll tie your legs
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1103, Gimli wrote:
In post 1102, JacksonVirgo wrote: It is true, I’m also not stupid(?) like you are seemingly making it out that I am
its not true

she was only voted by three slots TOTAL after RVS in this game: black, fireisred and halfasleep. her wagon got to 2 votes total. fuck I have three votes on me right now and you don't see me throwing a fit, do you? mango had three votes on him at a time. jake even got to E-1 (with his own help). multiple slots have been pushed much more strongly than KJQ, but that's not your perception, because her AtE got to you. because she is your friend, and you're susceptible.

I'm not calling you an idiot, mafia is a pretty hard game at times. this is a particularly hard game. but feel free to feel insulted *shrug*
There’s a lot more to a push than simply votes, and it doesn’t matter how I react to it or you, we’re different people. Throwing every single person under the same umbrella is a naive approach at best. Her reaction to it I consider lining up with my read on her and as such it’s a stronger read at the end of the day.

Calling it throwing a fit is also unacceptable please choose better terms.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1111, Gimli wrote:
In post 1109, JacksonVirgo wrote: There’s a difference between taking something to heart and requesting to be treated with respect.
point to where I disrespected you
Again, you’ve been condescending this entire time. I’m asking you to stop

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I would really appreciate you accept my wishes wrt all that, it’s making me apathetic towards you and that’s not good if you’re town or if you want me to turn my read around

wiki // GTKAS
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:03 pm

Post by Gimli »

I really don't see where its condescending - I'm TRing KJQ, even, while maintaining that the way she interprets how much she was pushed this game is greatly exaggerated, and I think that since the very beginning - but since you decided to make it personal I have my go-to approach to these things.

I'm sorry if calling it a 'fit' is disrespectful, I didn't know. english isn't my first language. I meant posts such as the one where she asks what will people do when she flips green (with one vote on her), and things like 'i get scumread if i talk about x i get scumread if i talk about y'. those seem like, super defensive. and I really don't see how she was pushed that hard, and I read this game so very much at this point.

hero solve KJQ/ming
I'll tie your legs
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Calling it a fit is dropping it to something no better than impulsive emotional nonsense essentially, which it isn’t. It’s incredibly demeaning for what is actually happening. You have a consistent track record for writing off any disagreements with your own reads as lesser or even, shockingly to me, AI. You’ve written my read on black as scummy because for as much as I can see it just differs from yours and you’re just so much better than me and I should just know (not how the game works).

KJQ has been treated pretty poorly wrt the push on her that had been substantially different than the push on myself or you. That’s not even considering the difference in who we all are because that’s barely even relevant.

You’re talking about her being defensive even though being defensive isn’t AI at all by itself and if I were in her shoes as a town I would probably be much MORE defensive. If at any given point nothing seems to be doing shit, would you not consider that frustrating at the very least? If you’re not able to see it, maybe try putting yourself in her shoes somewhat. And not in some shallow self-validating way but properly in her shoes

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:14 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

You’re also constantly going on about townreading people but putting them in your solve and that’s incredibly jarring

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It’s essentially people showing that they don’t care what you do and will think you’re scummy regardless. It takes a very particular person to not be defensive in that circumstance.

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 pm

Post by halfasleep »

i'd just like to say i'd really like it if we didn't devolve into personal recriminations again.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

As would I, just asked him to stop or it’ll just bottle inside me and nobody wants that, unless you do >:C

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I don’t think my reads matter. What will further elaborating on my scumread on Gimli do? Will I just continue to get condescended to and told I’m wrong by the same 2 people? What’s the point? To give more ammo to use against me that I’d need to defend against but then also be told I’m being too defensive? Like, if you’re scum, good job. But at what point is enough enough? Is it because I’m the only one engaging? You couldn’t get legs for Jake, purple, ming, Jupiter burnt out on his own, and now that Jackson isn’t gaining traction, will it just be right back to me? It doesn’t matter how much effort I put into my analysis because the players that aren’t really participating aren’t reading it anyway and the ones that are, are lying in wait to tear everything I say apart. Except for the one person who agrees with me but even that’s not allowed, because you have to attack the fact that we are townreading each other too. Give me one good reason to give you more of my time and effort. If the reason is so that I’m not mislimmed, at this point, it would be incredibly satisfying to get to watch those wanting me out on Day 2 when they have to humble themselves when they see I’m town. And I know if this happened, you’d still find a way to make my elimination my own fault. If you all can’t see that that’s what we’re moving towards, I don’t know what to tell you.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1121, KayJayQueue wrote: I don’t think my reads matter. What will further elaborating on my scumread on Gimli do? Will I just continue to get condescended to and told I’m wrong by the same 2 people? What’s the point? To give more ammo to use against me that I’d need to defend against but then also be told I’m being too defensive? Like, if you’re scum, good job. But at what point is enough enough? Is it because I’m the only one engaging? You couldn’t get legs for Jake, purple, ming, Jupiter burnt out on his own, and now that Jackson isn’t gaining traction, will it just be right back to me? It doesn’t matter how much effort I put into my analysis because the players that aren’t really participating aren’t reading it anyway and the ones that are, are lying in wait to tear everything I say apart. Except for the one person who agrees with me but even that’s not allowed, because you have to attack the fact that we are townreading each other too. Give me one good reason to give you more of my time and effort. If the reason is so that I’m not mislimmed, at this point, it would be incredibly satisfying to get to watch those wanting me out on Day 2 when they have to humble themselves when they see I’m town. And I know if this happened, you’d still find a way to make my elimination my own fault. If you all can’t see that that’s what we’re moving towards, I don’t know what to tell you.
It really does feel like Gimli specifically doesn’t allow reads that don’t align with his own, that there must be something further going on if someone (or a group) are not on the exact wavelength that he is on, which goes without saying is an incredibly naive approach to the game. As you’re likely incredibly aware, but worth repeating anyway, his statements surrounding TMI are especially bad. Everything seems to heavily hooked into his own personal view of the game state like this heavily warped positive feedback loop.

There’s also people like fire who has been actively dropping in my reads substantially as they’re just hanging on and prodding the flames adding nothing of substance back into the game. I want that looked into further as well.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I don’t like Gimlis approach to this game. To put it simply it all feels like he wants to push a particular conclusion and builds a case around that instead of what town should be doing which is the exact opposite.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1123, JacksonVirgo wrote: I don’t like Gimlis approach to this game. To put it simply it all feels like he wants to push a particular conclusion and builds a case around that instead of what town should be doing which is the exact opposite.
By extension to this I believe that his reasonings for things are so focused and not at all substantive. I called out why us knowing each other outside of the game changes which of the two of us is the evil, it shouldn’t it changes absolutely nothing yet he’s pretending it does. It’s all fluffed logic in order to push who he wants to push. That’s simply it. The end.

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”