Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:05 am

Post by Sunflower »

OUWGAHWGH PAGETYOP WILL CATCH UP LATER
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:15 am

Post by Sunflower »

ok um well based on what i've seen catgirls is likely town may reread in full eventually.von payne if you guys die do we still get to post in thread at night. right
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:15 am

Post by Sunflower »

:sunny:
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

Why is catgirl likely town. And how is that question important about the neighborhood?
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:24 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 986, Von Payne wrote:
In post 978, Von Payne wrote: Thank you for being our first guests and for taking your shoes off before you came in :]

I kinda want to recruit Aureal tomorrow. Not only is she probably town but I think she'll keep the vibes mellow ya know

~B
Oh crap what if I killed Aureal by saying this

Quick somebody scumread Aureal

:dead:
This is the post btw. The ones they nade night 1. It screamed like a fake concern to me. Knowing the guilty later and now that we saw aureal flip, it stood out to me as a fake attempt to set aureal up as potntial future night recuit.

Now it has another layer, cause aureal was their second highest tr and tgey say they theorized it role blocks people
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:34 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1979, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 986, Von Payne wrote:
In post 978, Von Payne wrote: Thank you for being our first guests and for taking your shoes off before you came in :]

I kinda want to recruit Aureal tomorrow. Not only is she probably town but I think she'll keep the vibes mellow ya know

~B
Oh crap what if I killed Aureal by saying this

Quick somebody scumread Aureal

This is the post btw. The ones they nade night 1. It screamed like a fake concern to me. Knowing the guilty later and now that we saw aureal flip, it stood out to me as a fake attempt to set aureal up as potntial future night recuit.

Now it has another layer, cause aureal was their second highest tr and tgey say they theorized it role blocks people
I was first to think we might be a protective role, I also can usually figure out Aureal when she is town, and I thought the town slipped on D1 and convinced Black that I was right about Aureal. It was after this that Black started to theorize that maybe we are a more JK role.

Part of the reason we chose Catgirl was that we think they knew about our potential ability(when I am home on my laptop I can find the posts they made that made me think this), so I started to town read them since it felt like they were reaching out to us, and why would scum keep us alive knowing this.

Black wasn't so convinced and thought they had scum equity, so in lieu of not choosing Prism, catgirl seemed like a good middle ground and 'cover all your basis's sort of choice for our hood.

Also, how would we ask the mod about something that Black and I are only theorizing?

'Hey Mod, can you confirm that this theory we have about our role that you made no mention of in our role PM?'

Do you really think they would answer??

:twisted:
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:38 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1296, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
In post 1294, Prism wrote: I'm not in opposition to it but I still don't understand why I am the top candidate for the neighborhood. That is something I envision Alisae and Maria wanting for themselves, not for me.
I think you are a prime night kill target
This was the post that made us think Catgirl had the same idea about our role as we did

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:40 am

Post by Von Payne »

Kirigiri is going berserk over this and I'm not believing it at all :lol:

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:44 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1951, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: and I don't believe your possible jail keep/roleblock theory. how could you have this "suspicion" about how your role supposedly works and not ask mod about it?
We were thinking it was a side-effect of our role that we weren't supposed to know about. Asking the mod wouldn't do us any good
In post 1951, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: also that role makes absolutely no sense design wise as town. that is a mass jailkeep in addition to night enabling. what the fuck
I'm notoriously awful when it comes to balance so it never occurred to me that it might not make sense
In post 1951, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: also why the fuck you went for sunflower your highest town read night 1 if that was the case?
We started off by thinking we had a protective role. I was the one that had the roleblocking theory and it was a pretty recent development
In post 1951, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: NOTHING makes sense with your claim and play
It makes complete sense, but yet again you are making things up and twisting our words in order to make us look bad. You're not trying to sort us

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:49 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1962, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: BOTH heads specifically said they were null town leaning catgirl. Thats not a slot you get for potential blocking. That is not the way you treat a null read after public neighboring them
We targeted Catgirl for a few reasons. The roleblocking thing was barely one of them. I don't even think Drew was really on board with that idea, it was mainly something I was theorizing and an extra incentive to target Catgirl
In post 1962, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: That is not what you do to your highest town read on night 1 either
We didn't even think about the roleblocking aspect N1
In post 1962, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: This makes no sense action-wise. this makes no sense design-wise, this makes no sense cause he claims its ambiguous and they are not certain if it does it. You can't start the game unless confirming you know your role. this is not a bastard game
If it's impossible that there is an aspect to our role that we don't know about then that's our bad. Like I said I'm not great with balance, I'm not sure if Drew is or not but we both legit thought this could be possible

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1963, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: I need Von to explain because do you
think
you have some of hidden action? If so, why?

Or are you just saying you
do
have that power?

How long have you been thinking this? Since game start? N1? etc.

Because if either of these were the case why would you do it on two slots you've openly said you TR? Why would you block there? I'm confused.
We thought recruiting people would have a side-effect of protecting them. We were essentially keeping people awake which made us think they couldn't be harmed by Bad Dreams. How can someone have a Bad Dream if they don't go to sleep?

Drew came up with this theory on 3/14. Our initial plan was to just recruit the towniest people and hope that scum would try to kill one which would hopefully prove or disprove our theory

Again, the block theory was presented by me a few days ago so we didn't have that in mind earlier in the game

Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

How can you suspect sonething being part of your role and not asking mod about it at all?

You said you were theorizing blocking not protecting litteraly last page. So what was it you were theorizing?

What were all reasons for choosing catgirl?
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:56 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1966, Silver Ravens wrote: Von Payne, what makes you think your role would prevent the bad dreamers from acting at night? Surely your role tells you what it does, is there some confusion?
We thought this was a complex game and that it was possible we weren't told everything about our role

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:01 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1986, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: How can you suspect sonething being part of your role and not asking mod about it at all?

You said you were theorizing blocking not protecting litteraly last page. So what was it you were theorizing?

We didn't think to ask the mod. I can't speak for Drew but I was under the impression that this type of thing was possible in games like this. I didn't even think the mod would be able to tell us if that was part of our role

At first we were theorizing being a protective role. Then I had the thought that maybe if we kept a Bad Dream awake they wouldn't be able to do their bad dreamy stuff

We chose Catgirl because our first choice was going to be busy and we both felt somewhat good about Catgirl. Drew also found it funny that Maria didn't want to be recruited so that was part of it. I have shown some reluctance to townread Catgirl in our hydra PT because I think it's possible Ali could be trying to pocket me and I don't want to fall for it. My roleblocking thought made me feel better about recruiting them

Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:01 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 1942, Von Payne wrote:
In post 1926, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: I have been thinking and rereading and i still dont get what was vons reason for taking catgirl in public neighborhood. They hint on having a secret reason and for it not being related to solve the slot with conversations and questions which i dont get.

Otherwise what is the point of neighborizing a null town lean read that you repeatedly call them possibly pocketing you.

It makes more sense if its all bs and they are just both scum not wanting to enable night chat for any town.
You keep repeating this. It's such a weak reason to think we are scum together and I don't think town pushes this point as hard as you are pushing it

If you were paying attention to my reads (which you should be doing if you think I'm scum) then you'd realize we didn't have a lot of options for recruiting as far as townreads go

And fine, I'll go ahead and reveal one of our hidden reasons. I don't think it'll really impact much

We think we can potentially prevent Bad Dreams from performing Night actions by forcing them to stay awake. Prism and Catgirls both expressed that they didn't want to be recruited. I had a tinfoil that maybe one of them could be scum trying to make sure they can utilize their ability by not being recruited

In post 1985, Von Payne wrote:
In post 1963, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: I need Von to explain because do you
think
you have some of hidden action? If so, why?

Or are you just saying you
do
have that power?

How long have you been thinking this? Since game start? N1? etc.

Because if either of these were the case why would you do it on two slots you've openly said you TR? Why would you block there? I'm confused.
We thought recruiting people would have a side-effect of protecting them. We were essentially keeping people awake which made us think they couldn't be harmed by Bad Dreams. How can someone have a Bad Dream if they don't go to sleep?

Drew came up with this theory on 3/14. Our initial plan was to just recruit the towniest people and hope that scum would try to kill one which would hopefully prove or disprove our theory

Again, the block theory was presented by me a few days ago so we didn't have that in mind earlier in the game

So which was your theory when you chose the people you did?
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:01 am

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

In post 1987, Von Payne wrote:
In post 1966, Silver Ravens wrote: Von Payne, what makes you think your role would prevent the bad dreamers from acting at night? Surely your role tells you what it does, is there some confusion?
We thought this was a complex game and that it was possible we weren't told everything about our role

Allow me to give BOTD for a moment here and assume this is a real. Where did you get this theory? Nothing in the game indicated it so I'm curious.

Can you tell me how long you had this thought? Early on? D1? D2? etc.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:02 am

Post by Ydrasse »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:03 am

Sorry you answered that already I'm trying to wrap my head around this all
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:03 am

Like, even if I choose to believe everything stated the actions don't match what's being said and that's the most confusing part for me.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:03 am

I should rly just leave this to Alisae and go back to my Maria solve.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:04 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 1988, Von Payne wrote:
In post 1986, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: How can you suspect sonething being part of your role and not asking mod about it at all?

We didn't think to ask the mod. I can't speak for Drew but I was under the impression that this type of thing was possible in games like this. I didn't even think the mod would be able to tell us if that was part of our role

At first we were theorizing being a protective role. Then I had the thought that maybe if we kept a Bad Dream awake they wouldn't be able to do their bad dreamy stuff

We chose Catgirl because our first choice was going to be busy and we both felt somewhat good about Catgirl. Drew also found it funny that Maria didn't want to be recruited so that was part of it. I have shown some reluctance to townread Catgirl in our hydra PT because I think it's possible Ali could be trying to pocket me and I don't want to fall for it. My roleblocking thought made me feel better about recruiting them

So you felt good about catgirl, had a town lean and wanted to still block them?
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:04 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1989, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: So which was your theory when you chose the people you did?
We've had the protective theory all along so we've made all of our decisions based on the idea that that could be part of our role. The roleblocking theory was something I came up with less than a week ago when we were discussing Prism/Catgirl/ydra all saying they don't want to be recruited

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:06 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1990, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
In post 1987, Von Payne wrote:

Allow me to give BOTD for a moment here and assume this is a real. Where did you get this theory? Nothing in the game indicated it so I'm curious.

Can you tell me how long you had this thought? Early on? D1? D2? etc.
Drew came up with the theory during the first week of the game. He prefaced it with "this might be a Drew type thought" but honestly the theory made a lot of sense to me. Like I said, if it's mechanically impossible then that's just an oopsie on our part

Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:08 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

I cant belive this story. Im sorry if by 0.01% chance im wrong.

Im not changing my vote
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 am

There was nothing stated about the game being bastard I recall and having hidden powers is pretty up there on the bastard part.

It's not really the theory in itself I take issue with though, sure I can believe it. What I'm having trouble is even if everything you're saying is true your actions don't make sense to me considering you targetted two people you were townreading (or at the very least not scumreading) and the reasoning I saw was us saying "don't target me."

That's just odd in and of itself.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”