Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'd answer all of matrix's questions instead of picking and choosing, The Central Scrutinizer.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:11 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

StrangerCoug wrote:I'd answer all of matrix's questions instead of picking and choosing, The Central Scrutinizer.
Then I suppose if he asks you any, you'll be very comprehensive and thorough.

If I were the cop, I might investigate strangercoug tonight.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:04 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I'd answer all of matrix's questions instead of picking and choosing, The Central Scrutinizer.
Then I suppose if he asks you any, you'll be very comprehensive and thorough.
This is to be expected from all players, if 3 questions are asked to you, you dont just pick one and completely ignore the others. You might have miraciously missed the questions, but defending this not answering of questions is just weird.

fos: Scrunitzer
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by matrix »

I probably should have made my post clearer, but the only question I meant to direct at TCS specifically was:
matrix wrote:Why would a Goon want to bus Wall-E at this point?
tho while I'm here he also missed:
matrix wrote:TCS why would you have chosen Fonz for protection n0 had you been able to?
from an earlier post...

So we have TCS claiming two roles, this after many and various posts from Fonz outlining how on MS should a player claim 2 seperate roles in the same game its a reliable scumtell. Both Wall-E and TCS avoiding questions.

Then there is Siesta and Stranger who are both pressuring TCS for an answer - but not so much pressure for Wall-E. They are both voting Wall-E, but don't feel the same need to press Wall-E for answers it seems...

curiouser and curiouser.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by darkdude »

Vote Count for Day 1

There are 19 Alive, so 10 to Lynch

Wall-E [8] (ScottHoward, M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE, SiestaGuru, hewitt, zhaorx, norseman1066, StrangerCoug, The Central Scrutinizer, )

The Central Scrutinizer [3] (matrix, well-named, atakdog, )
Hitch [2] (The Fonz, Sun Tzu, )
matrix [1] (Hitch, )
StrangerCoug [1] (Caboose, )
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE [1] (Mada, )
The Fonz [1] (Wall-E, )
well-named [0] ()
hewitt [0] ()
ScottHoward [0] ()
Sun Tzu [0] ()
zhaorx [0] ()
Caboose [0] ()
Stef [0] ()
atakdog [0] ()
norseman1066 [0] ()
SiestaGuru [0] ()
oEJo [0] ()
Mada [0] ()

No Lynch [0] ()

Not Voting [2] (Stef, oEJo, )
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by Wall-E »

It sounds great to me. But what do I know?
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:15 pm

matrix wrote:I probably should have made my post clearer, but the only question I meant to direct at TCS specifically was:
matrix wrote:Why would a Goon want to bus Wall-E at this point?
tho while I'm here he also missed:
matrix wrote:TCS why would you have chosen Fonz for protection n0 had you been able to?
from an earlier post...

So we have TCS claiming two roles, this after many and various posts from Fonz outlining how on MS should a player claim 2 seperate roles in the same game its a reliable scumtell. Both Wall-E and TCS avoiding questions.

Then there is Siesta and Stranger who are both pressuring TCS for an answer - but not so much pressure for Wall-E. They are both voting Wall-E, but don't feel the same need to press Wall-E for answers it seems...

curiouser and curiouser.
If I were a vanilla townie, I would remark that this is quite pertinent and useful analysis.
possibly
comment."
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by matrix »

Wall-E wrote:It sounds great to me. But what do I know?
what sounds great?
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

I havent seen any questions wall-e has missed recently. He was giving me the scum-vibe when he showed up, and he hasent been able to defend himself at all, while this shouldnt have been a problem since he only had to defend one post.

but I guess the wall-e wagon isnt that well based, and the vote was more of a pressure vote to begin with, so i guess its only fair to unvote him, since hes not responding to the pressure anymore.

unvote

Fos:Wall-e
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:18 pm

SiestaGuru wrote:
I havent seen any questions wall-e has missed recently. He was giving me the scum-vibe when he showed up, and he hasent been able to defend himself at all, while this shouldnt have been a problem since he only had to defend one post.

but I guess the wall-e wagon isnt that well based, and the vote was more of a pressure vote to begin with, so i guess its only fair to unvote him, since hes not responding to the pressure anymore.

unvote

If I had a pulse, then I would find this post a hop-off.
possibly
comment."
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:59 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

SiestaGuru wrote:

unvote

Well yes.. I do hop off the wagon.. I thought that was fairly obvious :?

Or is hop-off some ms term im unfamiliar with?
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:54 am

Post by well-named »

Unvote: TCS

Vote: Wall-E

sci-fi nerd grace period expired imo. and d2! d2!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:28 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SiestaGuru wrote:Well yes.. I do hop off the wagon.. I thought that was fairly obvious :?

From what I can tell, you're using the term correctly.
well-named wrote:
Unvote: TCS

Vote: Wall-E

sci-fi nerd grace period expired imo. and d2! d2!
Something doesn't seem right with this post, but I don't know what it is.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
well-named
well-named
Townie
well-named
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:33 am

Post by well-named »

It's cause I'm the village vig, I mean serial killer. Best hush up now or I'm gonna take you out instead of atakdog!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

matrix wrote:
What TCS is fairly obviously doing, is parodying the style of play of the 2p2ers, what with the 'if i were X powerrole' and so on, to demonstrate how stupid he thinks it is.

Which is unacceptable, assholish, and does nothing to advance the game.

Btw, Wally, still waiting...
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Hitch »

ok, so I'm all caught up with the thread, sorry for my lack of participation, here's my thoughts on the current wagons. Wall-E started out with some horribly scummy posts, noted mainly by scot iirc, they were well discussed, and I agree with them. The thing is, if he is the high volume poster he says he is, and no-one hase disagreed, then his role will become clearer over time.

There's something scummy about stranger coug in almost every post. It feels kinda like he keeps popping in to point the finger at random people, like 'look! Mafia!' which strikes me as a mafia tactic rather than a town way to play. It's not much but it's something.

Matrix has seemed more and more towny as the thread has developed. I stand by my thoughts on my read earlier, but at the time that was nearly the only evidence I had to work with, in the light of his recent posting I'm reducing the mafianess of Matrix from 'major' to 'slight'.

unvote matrix

Thye fonz seems like an obvious villager. i'd like to hear from people that have played with him before to know if he is capable of being so clear in his thinking as scum. To me he's a towny atm.

TCS is another poster that is coming across as very scummy to me one minute, and very wtf? the next. The reason being that what he's doing we have clearly establiched msers don't do as town. I just don't understand his play as any role, which on 2p2 would mean something different than it does here, I guess. I still really don't know where I lie on TCS.

I can't remember playing in a game with well-named when he was evil, and this isn't like he usually plays. I would vote WN, if I thought there would be any traction in it.

Siesta Guru for some reason slips my mkind, I think he's been fairly quiet, but it may be his lack of avatar that makes him meh (no offence) to me. Just as likely his lack of much vigour itt. In any case, he doesn't need urgent attention and I will be doing much deeper analysis of most players after we get a few days in and I have more to work with.

Atak has been fairly solid, towny posting as always. I can never 100% clear him, at any stage of the game, let alone D1, and neither should I ;). He is a sick player that cares about winning as much as anyone I know. Will keep an eye on him as the game developes.

Sun finding my scummy is not a tell of his, he does it in every game, regardless of role, however I think his willingness to stick to that read may be a tell, we'll see how the next few days go.

Scott can make those posts as any role. I'd lean town because there's no need to bring all the negative attention upon him if he's a mafia, but he is a very good evil, so we'll see.

Hewitt I remember thinking he was a towny poster earlier, but can't remember why, or what he's done recently if anything. Needs to post more I guess, but who am I to talk.

I'm sure I've missed a few, but I don't have much of a reasd on anyone I haven't stated. I guess anyone I haven't mentioned needs to post more.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Hitch »

darkdude wrote:
Vote Count for Day 1

There are 19 Alive, so 10 to Lynch

Wall-E [8] (ScottHoward, M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE, SiestaGuru, hewitt, zhaorx, norseman1066, StrangerCoug, The Central Scrutinizer, )

The Central Scrutinizer [3] (matrix, well-named, atakdog, )
Hitch [2] (The Fonz, Sun Tzu, )
matrix [1] (Hitch, )
StrangerCoug [1] (Caboose, )
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE [1] (Mada, )
The Fonz [1] (Wall-E, )
well-named [0] ()
hewitt [0] ()
ScottHoward [0] ()
Sun Tzu [0] ()
zhaorx [0] ()
Caboose [0] ()
Stef [0] ()
atakdog [0] ()
norseman1066 [0] ()
SiestaGuru [0] ()
oEJo [0] ()
Mada [0] ()

No Lynch [0] ()

Not Voting [2] (Stef, oEJo, )
Ok, for some reason i thought this was on the last page or I would have just scrolled to see who I was missing, will add anyone of significance now.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:54 am

SiestaGuru wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote:

unvote

Well yes.. I do hop off the wagon.. I thought that was fairly obvious :?

If I were experienced, then I might tell you that your unvote looked like scum trying to get off a partner-wagon.

Hey, this is fun... I might make this a post restriction in a game I mod.
possibly
comment."
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Hitch »

Mike, Norse, Zhoarx, EJ, are the only players that I know are still in that I remember postin so I guess I'll say what (if anything) I have to say about those -

Mike - hardly remember posting.
Norse - get's mislynched allot D1, please to not be voting D1/D2.
Z - plays crazy as any role, too early to read him.
EJ - nothing much yet, I found his refusal to enter into a discourse about the OMG claim early a little wierd, but...

Typing EJ reminded me of something...

A while ago, didn't matrix start asking all sorts of questions about how OMG claimed, and how it was quickly rebutted by EJ, and what that meant about OMG's motivation etc AFTER OMG HAD BEEN MODKILLED AND WE WERE TOLD HE WAS A PLAIN TOWNIE.

I think this is notable for a few reasons - firstly, it loo9ks like someone being helpful, when OMG's motivation is 100% irrelevant now he's dead and we know his role.
secondly, He didn't try nearly as hard to think about what EJ's quick rebuttle and refusal to enter into further discussion meant about HIS role.

Even more interestingly is that no-one else mentioned this until now, when players more observant than I were also entering into that conversation. I would suggest that if matrix is scum, these players scum points go up.

I can't remember who they are as this only came to me now.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Hitch »

ok, I'm out for a bit, will check the thread once more in an hour or so, then likely out till boxing day.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

SiestaGuru wrote:
He's posted repeatedly since I asked him to explain him contradicting himself, and hasn't done so.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 am

Post by Wall-E »

After a minute and a half of searching, I was unable to find the question to which you refer, Fonz. Please elaborate.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:10 am

Post by matrix »

The Fonz wrote:Sorry for the double post, thought I'd stopped when I finished responding to Scott, then realised there was more:
Wall-E wrote:
ScottHoward wrote:
Wall-E wrote: 1. his vote for zazier
How does my random vote prove I have not read the thread? I've already said once that I even had a small reason for the vote. Can you specify?
As stated, zazier wasn’t in the game when you voted. That’s absolute proof. Anything else would be gravy.
And I have addressed this. There's nothing more to say about it. During my read, Zazie struck me as scummy. I needed a random vote, so I voted Zazie. Fair?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Alarm bells!

Was your vote because Zazie struck you as scummy, or was it random?
The two are not compatible.
Wall-E - question highlighted in
bold red
above (from #954)
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:18 am

Post by matrix »

Hitch:

Que???

I was layng out my train of thought, and asked Scotts opinion on the OMG claim and what might have motivated OMG to fake. I spent about the same amount of time IIRC pondering oEJo's mtivaton in thread as well.

Figuring out why OMG faked might shed some light on oEJo - I was kind of hoping he'd weigh in with some comment on it - but he remains the silent type, meh.

Also you just went from "matrix has sounded more and more town as the thread has gone on...." to "zomg matrix is obvscum from this later day series of posts"

which is it?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

matrix wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Sorry for the double post, thought I'd stopped when I finished responding to Scott, then realised there was more:
Wall-E wrote:
ScottHoward wrote:
Wall-E wrote: 1. his vote for zazier
How does my random vote prove I have not read the thread? I've already said once that I even had a small reason for the vote. Can you specify?
As stated, zazier wasn’t in the game when you voted. That’s absolute proof. Anything else would be gravy.
And I have addressed this. There's nothing more to say about it. During my read, Zazie struck me as scummy. I needed a random vote, so I voted Zazie. Fair?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Alarm bells!

Was your vote because Zazie struck you as scummy, or was it random?
The two are not compatible.
Wall-E - question highlighted in
bold red
above (from #954)
This. Also:

How do you square 'voting ZazieR for something she said on page 10' with 'treating page 23 as page one of the game?'

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”