.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 724, Oblivion wrote: Meanwhile, it is just sitting here deciding whether interrogating Gypyx in French is allowed within the rules. Probably not, right?
not unless i get to interrogate you in japanese
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

also, no
<(") | (")>
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 724, Oblivion wrote:
In post 721, PenguinPower wrote: this whole normal guidelines split into three separate guidelines to reduce complexity just increases the complexity i have to go through to find out what is or isn't allowed in this game

what a w i l d decision
Meanwhile, it is just sitting here deciding whether interrogating Gypyx in French is allowed within the rules. Probably not, right?
i think it would be funny
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

also i'm not a mod anymore so don't listen to anything i say
<(") | (")>
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 722, Gypyx wrote:
In post 717, Oblivion wrote:
In post 710, Gypyx wrote:
In post 702, PenguinPower wrote: threes probably a bit much. definitely one. potentially two.
can i at least ask you to trust my instinct and not completely shove it to the side? i'm telling you the vibes are extremely off, i could also probably make a decent case on that
Why do we need to trust your instinct instead of just assuming "the vibes are off, so there's possibly 2 in the hood"?

Besides, it would behoove you as scum to say this if you were indeed the only scum in said hood. It's a great reframing device, to have us look at everyone in that hood save yourself. Dave's already on the block, Snow isn't favourable either... It isn't like this is a situation where it can just rely on "trust me, bro".
this is partially a bianco setup, and bianco is a mod that loves to put "high concept ideas", and as i said, if i wish i could make a case for it, but really a lot of this hood feels like theater
So your argument is... in effect once again, "trust me, bro". Because... what, do you want it to go find the mod Meta of overlapping games between Alianna and Bianco? And then have it decide if indeed this is a high concept idea or not?

You're speaking in Fugazzi. It's not real it's faerie dust.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

Post by Gypyx »

it's not like this is cryptography or anything right?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 727, Gypyx wrote:
In post 724, Oblivion wrote:
In post 721, PenguinPower wrote: this whole normal guidelines split into three separate guidelines to reduce complexity just increases the complexity i have to go through to find out what is or isn't allowed in this game

what a w i l d decision
Meanwhile, it is just sitting here deciding whether interrogating Gypyx in French is allowed within the rules. Probably not, right?
i think it would be funny
It is a language we share, interestingly enough, unless for some reason you were Flemish and moved to france and your language of preference is more Dutch? But it sorta doubts it.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I’m an American that speaks one language, have mercy please.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 730, Gypyx wrote: it's not like this is cryptography or anything right?
It thinks it would be google translatable, certainly. It just doesn't want to break a rule. That said, native speakers speaking in their own language feels... right? On the other hand online translation services can miss context, in a game very heavy on tone and context.
But not older.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 729, Oblivion wrote:
In post 702, PenguinPower wrote: threes probably a bit much. definitely one. potentially two.
can i at least ask you to trust my instinct and not completely shove it to the side? i'm telling you the vibes are extremely off, i could also probably make a decent case on that
Why do we need to trust your instinct instead of just assuming "the vibes are off, so there's possibly 2 in the hood"?

Besides, it would behoove you as scum to say this if you were indeed the only scum in said hood. It's a great reframing device, to have us look at everyone in that hood save yourself. Dave's already on the block, Snow isn't favourable either... It isn't like this is a situation where it can just rely on "trust me, bro".
this is partially a bianco setup, and bianco is a mod that loves to put "high concept ideas", and as i said, if i wish i could make a case for it, but really a lot of this hood feels like theater
So your argument is... in effect once again, "trust me, bro". Because... what, do you want it to go find the mod Meta of overlapping games between Alianna and Bianco? And then have it decide if indeed this is a high concept idea or not?

how about we just lim in the hood for now and when Titus / snow / Dave all flip scum i get the applause i deserve ok? Ok.

pedit : and no French is my native language, i'm a bit curious how much that would help you figure me out but i can play along with the exercise

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 732, KayJayQueue wrote: I’m an American that speaks one language, have mercy please.
il n'y auras aucune pitié KayJayQueue

bottom text
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 735, Gypyx wrote:
In post 732, KayJayQueue wrote: I’m an American that speaks one language, have mercy please.
mdr
But not older.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

Post by PenguinPower »

not a mod - just saying how it used to be ruled. it creates private communication channel between native speakers that even if we were to use translation software, may have nuances that the software doesn't pick up.
<(") | (")>
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Why thank you, I’m going to assume you’re complimenting my hair.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 345, Snow2697 wrote: No-no, "blah" is not enough.
Based on my speedwagon and critique or lack of critique thereof, we have 4 categories of players: (1) me, (2) 7 players on my wagon, (3) 3 players who criticized my wagon, (4) 4 players left.
You are in category 3. 3 players who voted you are all in category 2.
Please explain why you think that category 3 is scum-free (seems like you disagree with Wisp) and how in your view scums are distributed between 1-2-4. (Your position should explain why you focus on 3 players in category 2.)
In post 602, Snow2697 wrote: I don't understand why people are really voting NAS. If the purpose is to get information and then take the game from there, this is not the most helpful lime for me. And largely irrelevant.
My pick is Naerys, but it is largely based on her playstyle. And I see comments that she can be town.
I would rather lim one of Gypyx-Thomith-Titus-geraintm-Little Will o' Wisp-PenguinPower-Dave who were on a speedwagon vs me. I think there are at least 2 scums there. My preference here would be:

VOTE: Davesaz
This hood has been the reason for my position above. So far both players who left are from category 4. I rather thought that the focus should be on players in category 2 (all are in the hood) and category 3 (there has been a conflict created by Will's comment on Naerys).

An opinion has been expressed in the hood that 2 scums in the hood is not impossible (e.g. if we have 2 anti-town parties), and I was wary that if one town is limmed and 2 towns are killed at night, then the hood could be hidden from the town forever.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 734, Gypyx wrote:

how about we just lim in the hood for now and when Titus / snow / Dave all flip scum i get the applause i deserve ok? Ok.

pedit : and no French is my native language, i'm a bit curious how much that would help you figure me out but i can play along with the exercise
It plays based on mental modelling, and yours feels incomplete. It wondered if using your native language would help it understand you a little better. It doesn't know if it is worth it or not.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 737, PenguinPower wrote:
not a mod - just saying how it used to be ruled. it creates private communication channel between native speakers that even if we were to use translation software, may have nuances that the software doesn't pick up.
This was its fear, for certain.
But not older.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

Post by Gypyx »

if this game was multiball it would have to be announced snow btw, we still can have an SK neighbor but that's it

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 740, Oblivion wrote:
In post 734, Gypyx wrote:

It plays based on mental modelling, and yours feels incomplete. It wondered if using your native language would help it understand you a little better. It doesn't know if it is worth it or not.
The mind of the Gypyx is elusive and fickle, many have tried and failed to understeand me

bottom text
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Okay I just translated this, I’m ready to start a Gypyx wagon :evil:
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

Post by Alianna »

Moderator Announcement

Please keep the game thread English-only. Communication in other languages is not allowed due to concerns about it creating a communication channel that not everyone can understand.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Vibes still say Dave is scum
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

Post by geraintm »

Checking in.
That is a big hood. I don't think I've ever been in a game with one so large.

Was it any use? Like....I can't see a point of it. I am assuming there is scum in there reporting back (unless scum don't have day talk), so thebhood can't use it to stratergise or anything?

It just seems a pointless waste of mental spaceship?

Was someone really trying to keep it hidden to bait out a private thread investigator?
That seems an epically useless role That I cannotnwork out it's in game use except to confuse a townie.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

Post by geraintm »

Mental spaceship :)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

Post by geraintm »

Like....I am tempted to just ignore the hood. We have all made The assumption there is scum in there, but i dont think the odds are any better than a Random player in the game so it isn't much use for a scum hunting tactic.

Or am I totally missing something? Some better than me explain it otherwise?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”