Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:16 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 2463, Von Payne wrote: And this is all over the place, as I pointed out at the time Jupiter posted it:
why cant i be all over the place...
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:16 am

Post by Sunflower »

pagetop :D
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:23 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 2463, Von Payne wrote:
In post 2459, Sunflower wrote:
In post 2444, Von Payne wrote: I think if Kirigiri flips scum I need to seriously re-evaluate my Sunflower read

I think in general they have felt pretty hedgy with this whole Von/Kiri debacle
i don't get this, explain your thought process here

be more specific about where ive been hedgy and how that would benefit me as scum

i feel like ive been pretty clear how ive been reading things

:blossom:
I think you have tried to maintain a stance that my slot is town but you've woven in a lot of comments that seem fence-sitty

To me it kinda feels like theatre with Kirigiri the way you have engaged with her slot a bunch, and you seem to be on the Von!town train yet extremely hesitant to vote for her

Here are the comments that gave me the hedgy vibes

directly following

I read and it feels like you have put a lot of thought into my slot and there is a sense of conviction throughout this post. You leave the door open near the end but generally it seems like you've made up my mind about me here, and if not you seem pretty close to getting there. I don't think this matches your overall stance of being unsure where to go in the 1v1

----------

Then there's this:
In post 2211, Sunflower wrote: idk im wavering

i see what you're saying

i feel like i don't have anyone that i really trust to be town to talk to in this game and i think its always really hard for me to feel stable without that, i am too influenceable

i thought playing as hydra would help and it did at first but jupiter has been busy lately so he isn't really up to date on things rn

ydra help

----------

And this is all over the place, as I pointed out at the time Jupiter posted it:
In post 2231, Sunflower wrote:
In post 2229, Von Payne wrote: Jupiter do you have any thoughts on me vs. Kirigiri?

:dead:
i've read the thread but it's one of those things where you like, you pick up a book and read the entire thing but it's notlike you know what's going on really. so i haven't been paying attention to the specifics, just that the gist of it is that you guys didn't realize hidden role was bastard (tbh I didn't either), kirigiri thinks that's weird and pushes you, and then like the past ten pages have been a free-for-all
i'd bet one buck that this whole thing is tvt but i need that dollar so honestly i'm really not sure on it. i think kirigiri is most likely scum out of everyone but her rage and frustration here seems very real and genuine and it's hard for me to think that scum is this good at faking emotions.
honestly i think scum lies elsewhere

also what are inventor roles. i think someone claimed that but idr who, is anyone willing to explain
----------

This also feels like you're giving yourself an out:
In post 2331, Sunflower wrote: i am gonna be like really honest and you will probably not like this if you are actually town im sorry

but i think if you flip town it wouldn't change my opinion on von payne very much

i don't really think that's where i would jump to next in that world

i would definitely give it some heavy consideration but i don't think it's like a guarantee

----------

This:
In post 2409, Sunflower wrote: catgirls seem more confident in us having decided our vote than i am

i guess it is pretty unlikely i end up wanting von here but i keep rereading things anyway

idk decisions are hard

----------

And then there's this, which makes me think you would be close to voting Kiri here, yet nothing
In post 2414, Sunflower wrote: there's some scum players out there who are really fond of the approach of just dominating thread with posts and repeatedly spamming the same point over and over and self-quoting and drowning everyone else out and disregarding any counterpoints. it somehow works a surprising amount of the time because usually you only need to get 1 or 2 people to be browbeaten by it and back off, even if everyone else is against you

your comment made me like suddenly recognize that pattern as something that kyoko's posting feels somewhat similar to and it was a moment of like, oh. i think i see this for what it is now

i have to go soon so not gonna be able to respond that in depth but

i know you have mostly played with scum me and haven't seen town me very much so maybe you don't really know how hard it is for me to actually place votes down in situations like this but i am just like the kind of person who always wants to see more information and keep rereading and feeling like if i do that then somehow i will feel better about making a choice, even if im leaning heavily in one direction already

the part about "giving an out" doesn't really make sense bc that is basically me saying i am going to vote kyoko and i think von payne is more likely town regardless of her flip

you are correct that i almost voted kyoko after the final post that you quoted. i typed the vote out a few times and then deleted it. the main reason i didn't is that i reasoned to myself that i wanted to hear more from AD and ydra and GIF but honestly i think that was kind of just an excuse to myself to continue procrastinating on hitting the scary vote button

if i were scum here i think that being noncommittal here is like the worst possible play in every universe and so it's kind of wild that you think that would be something i would intentionally do. with literally any possible combination of alignments between you/kyoko it would benefit me more as scum to be decisive

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:47 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2477, Sunflower wrote: i know you have mostly played with scum me and haven't seen town me very much so maybe you don't really know how hard it is for me to actually place votes down in situations like this but i am just like the kind of person who always wants to see more information and keep rereading and feeling like if i do that then somehow i will feel better about making a choice, even if im leaning heavily in one direction already
In post 2477, Sunflower wrote: if i were scum here i think that being noncommittal here is like the worst possible play in every universe and so it's kind of wild that you think that would be something i would intentionally do. with literally any possible combination of alignments between you/kyoko it would benefit me more as scum to be decisive
If indecisive and noncommittal is an aspect of your town game then why would you acting like your town self as scum be the worst play in the multiverse?

Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:49 am

Post by Von Payne »

Also I find it strange that you started off asking me how you are being noncommittal and now you are like "oh yeah I do that as town"

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:11 am

Post by Sunflower »

because literally nobody here knows or cares about my towngame so there would be no point to it. i don't play scum to imitate my towngame unless absolutely necessary because that's just suboptimal play

i asked how i had been hedgy bc i think ive been pretty clear on my reads. i have only really been noncommittal when it comes to being willing to actually place a vote and that i think is a different thing than what you originally implied

felt like you were saying that i was leaving room for myself to vote you instead of kyoko which is a) pretty clearly not true i think, nothing you quoted shows that, and b) extremely not beneficial to me as scum to take that route so it made no sense to me that you would take it as a reason to scumread

if your point is actually just that i haven't voted yet and that i have been like still evaluating and considering then okay you are correct lol. why is that something you think i wouldn't be doing as town

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:16 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 2472, Von Payne wrote: I think Jupiter voting outside of the 1v1 is probably +partner equity with Kiri. If Kiri were town they could easily just get on her wagon

:sunny: would youmind explaining this? i'm gonna be honestly i genuinely don't think this is a move i make as scum. why do you think i'd do that?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

ill be around tonight or tmrw
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by Von Payne »

I took a bit of step back here, will be around a bit tonight, and maybe tomorrow night.... probably not at deadline though

I am letting
Jesus
Black take the wheel here, and I do like her pushing Sunflower here

If Kyo would is actually town and stops just quoting their own posts as some sort of 'own' of us, maybe she would play the game and look at others?

What town motivation are you showing now??

:twisted:
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Can you and black answer the questions I've outlined in 2452?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:10 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2484, ActionDan wrote: Can you and black answer the questions I've outlined in 2452?
Well 1531 was just after Black went on tilt a bit in regards to Gim's.....I wasn't really town reading too much after he made his post to D1, but still was probably more townie then Black could have ever been lol

But I did think Gim's was townie before that since he seemed to me like he was in one of my first games I returned to here back at the end of 2022......basically the town leader type imo

But again, his eod1 post threw me for a loop

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:15 pm

Post by Von Payne »

about 1735 and the next few posts, we really haven't talked to much about reads up until that point.....we have kinda been on a 'post our opinions in chat, and go from there'

I did think this seemed like Hu in the union busters game though, hence why I was agreeing with Gim's on his poe......and thought it was funny how Black doubled down on the vote lol

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 564, Von Payne wrote: Inb4 Dragons uses up all 100 posts

On that topic.

I said as much to Black(and mistakenly thought it was Prism who commented on it), but Silver Ravens(not sure if it was gif or Dunn specifically)......I know I agreed with you about Dragon spewing alignment as they post......but after I thought about what you said some more, you have minimal experience with them.......why would you assume this and make it a point to give them benefit of the doubt to let them live?

You should hurry up and respond before Dragon reawakens lol

-Drew
This was me thinking that Ravens and Dragons could be buddies, my subsequent vote on Dragons was to kinda put pressure on both parties

Also, still think this was a bit of tmi from Ravens

Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:37 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

UNVOTE: Von Payne

I think that Sunflower looks pretty suspect in the past few pages. They seem disingenuous to me, I find it hard to believe that they are being truthful about their stance on Kyoko and thinking about partners. And Von Payne was the one to point it out so perhaps some consideration is in order
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:40 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 2462, ActionDan wrote: Siding with Kiri over Von Payne is fine. What is your current Ydrasse read?
I don't like that they don't seem to have strong opinions about anything happening right now. Though I believe that is not fully out of character for them. Their hard softed role seems towny and makes me not want to vote there.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:15 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 2488, Silver Ravens wrote: I find it hard to believe that they are being truthful about their stance on Kyoko and thinking about partners.
i literally said i didnt
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:27 pm

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

ya i don't buy any of raven's bullshit
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:29 pm

In post 2436, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 2434, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: Kyoko, you targeted the other person in the lobby that you're friends with w/ the ability that was meant to be pockety
Sure its a logic. but it clearly had positive utility that enchant used. He also had a town read on me. So why vote me over von in this 1v1 by him?

I asked to be in this position of pressure myself. True. But u want me to die and not question slots stances on verge of getting mislimed? That wasnt the deal.

Also i targeted prism too but he died so there is that.
your posting is lamist
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:32 pm

In post 2444, Von Payne wrote: I think if Kirigiri flips scum I need to seriously re-evaluate my Sunflower read

I think in general they have felt pretty hedgy with this whole Von/Kiri debacle

I really don't like this post by Jupiter where it doesn't even seem like he's considering Kirigiri as an Aureal/Silver Ravens partner
In post 2318, Sunflower wrote: hi jupiter here its3am but I’ve skimmed a bit and silver ravens is scum. Will look into partners after but the way they approach the aurela is scummy. i think Dan is townier from that and ravens hopping onto that seems like trying to get as much towncred cuz aureals clearly already getting limmed
Dan town because people genrally thought it was klick (i thought it was filming at the time) pointing out its aureal and forcing a lim on her is just like. if they’re partnered what’s the point, i skimmed dragons iso and i didn’t even notice that bit, they’re just exposing partner and setting their team at a disadavnthe.
and bc Dan pointed it out and made it prerry clear that it was aureal silver ravens gains most towncred imo from agreeing with Dan and bussing straight off the bat, I think it’s scum hre
If Kiri flips red then we are most likely dead tonight so I think in that world it makes sense for me to put this out there

this is self-destructive behavior if wolf.
They need sunflower to vote with them on Kyoko. Why would they tell this to Sunflower? It simply just does not make sense.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:34 pm

In post 2452, ActionDan wrote: I might want to see a Drew scum game to understand the extent of his capabilities.
After playing This game with wolf!Drew, whenever I've been able to identify Drew as town, it has been extremely quickly. It's just very easy to tell if Drew is apart of a wolf team or not.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:35 pm

There is also this game that I lost to drew, but the only reason why F4 was lost was because of bullshit. Drew simply just got really lucky. If mechanics were not involved, the game ends.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:36 pm

In post 2455, Sunflower wrote: i feel like we're running in cirlces here can we please stop talking about this because i feel like this is a slippery slope into having to embarass myself even more about having forgotten
If you want to stop talking about something
stop posting

if you want people to post and/or vote
don't post and wait for them to post and/or vote.

It's really not that hard
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:38 pm

In post 2458, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: I am liking this line of push from von on sunflower
In post 2488, Silver Ravens wrote: UNVOTE: Von Payne

I think that Sunflower looks pretty suspect in the past few pages. They seem disingenuous to me, I find it hard to believe that they are being truthful about their stance on Kyoko and thinking about partners. And Von Payne was the one to point it out so perhaps some consideration is in order
DUUUDE

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT SEE WHATS GOING ON
AM I THE ONLY ONE IN THE THREAD WITH EYEBALLS

SWEET FUCKING JESUS
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:43 pm

In post 2462, ActionDan wrote: 210 - Reality is how SR describes it: Gimli used Meta. Was worthy at the time to explore.
655 Is Ydrasse not fitting in socially here as she would in other games? Did you have any scumreads here? If so why no vote?

Gif's series of posting from 1101 - 1123 are bubbly and feel at least quite town on reread. I suppose nothing that can't be faked, but I award it imaginary town points.

Dunn pressing Jupitor from 1422 - 1445 was warranted. Decently good thought process. I don't think the conclusion that Jupitor's answers were scum indicative is strong however. It is true though that Jupitor must have embellished Fire's explanation for a Ydrasse town read by attempting to utilize a foggy recalling of opening post setup details. I do not think they have to be covering for a scum PR.

Siding with Kiri over Von Payne is fine. What is your current Ydrasse read?

Overall, I am ambivalent. On Dunn's posting there is a tendency to be reactive to current events in thread rather than proactively looking for where scum might be (the occasional exception exists e.g. thinking Gimli/Aureal are not partnered) . That may well be a by-product of time spent on the game and busy schedules. However when reacting, I find the thoughts appropriate and not carrying a baseline of opportunism + I do think Gif's posting in particular has been townie. Theoretically SR's posting may fit a scum profile but I don't believe it to be.
use posts tags or quote posts.
please.
actually in reality I hate post tags, just use quotes or multiquote.
post numbers are fine for notes but you could easily make this easier to follow along.

1121 is the main gif post that stood out to me but gif is good at faking these things, and tbh, any competent hunter should be able to catch wolves based on this day phase alone in a vacuum, so I feel like anything that comes out of this day phase is going to be way more readable than anything that happened in the past. This single day phase has been the most eventful day phase in the game. It should easily be the most readable as well.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:44 pm

>asks to make post easier to follow along via post tags and/or quotes
>doesn't provide post tags for their own post

fucking never mind I am a barbarian

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”