Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

It takes a bit of effort to disentangle the letters of the next game name from the others- hopefully none of them got lost.

Everybody
is a
cat

Votecount 1.05

the worst (2/5)
-> Black (), implosion ()
implosion (2/5)
-> Political Clout (), Klick ()
ceejayvinoya (2/5)
-> Bingle (), the worst ()
Not_Mafia (1/5)
-> Not_Mafia ())
Black (1/5)
-> Dannflor ()
Bingle (1/5)
-> ceejayvinoya ()

Not Voting (0)
-> None

With 9 seekers, it takes 5 votes to remove someone from play.

The day deadline is 10 days ((expired on 2024-04-04 21:13:32) remaining.)
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:57 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 573, the worst wrote: You don't feel all that non-committal or collaborative in this game implo
I’ve been extremely noncommittal this game lol I’ve said many times my reads are garbage

I haven’t been that collaborative because I haven’t had anyone to work with that I’ve felt great about; my actions toward klick and dann are both geared toward potentially working with them in the long run though
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:23 am

Post by Political Clout »

In post 552, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 522, Political Clout wrote:
In post 519, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 518, Dannflor wrote: ceejay, what are you two weakest reads and why
I just figured out that am not being specifically asked for scum reads lol

You sort of feel townish but at the same time a good chunk of your engagement this game has been about your meta and I don't really have the energy or time to dig into those

I also feel like the worst had a bit of a rough start but their posts are sort of getting better but I don't reaaly feel like sorting them this early in the game
I think the worst would disagree with you. They seemed very happy with their vote early game. What indicates to you that the worst had a rough start? and why isn't that rough start scum? and what exactly do you mean by rough start it is pretty vague.
Its a bit later than I thought it was but him pivoting into voting not mafia sort of rubbed me the wrong way. Its still a pretty weak read though like I was asked

You pouncing on this instead of my vague read on you on a previous post sort of pings me though
When did Mr duck 🦆 vote nm I think it is way later. In fact it might be a few pages back. In fact a few days had probably passed already from when Mr duck entrance to voting nm. I have to think on this a bit specifically if this type of misunderstanding comes from lying scum or townie who hasn't been in the game.

Don't really care about vague read.
Ya basic!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: worst

bad implo case
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

okay I’m back to town reading the worst, I had some brief paranoia after reading some partnery interactions with Black but i think there are enough individually towny things that this is town duck

I also think if the worst is town he’s pretty much *the* target scum would find easiest to push in this game state, I think implosion is pretty pure so I happen to think that is Black or NM.

[the worst, klick]
[bingle, PC, implosion]
[NM]
[~~~]
[ceejay, black]

This is somewhere about where I am right now.

Black
  • Black’s read on CeeJay feels fake. I can’t really empathize with this read from Black, and despite being challenged on it multiple times, and CeeJay being a consensus scum read, Black doesn’t seem to care about litigating it. I understand everyone is non-commital about their reads this game, but town is still searching for something to care about.
  • Generally, I don’t get the sense Black cares about her reads. I’ve said this before but the progression from Bingle to the worst to Klick and back again feels mechanical. “Ok this person is fine now, let’s go back here.” Maybe town!black hasn’t found anything to care about this game. But idk, Black asked me to help her fade the worst, and for some reason I have no memory of why Black scum reads the worst, so that feels like false bravado.
  • the response to me voting her being “what is your plan to fade me” feels contrived. It feels like Black trying to find the towniest looking reaction rather than just her genuine reaction to me tunneling her
  • Black being like “omg why would we kill NM when we could kill someone ACTUALLY SCUMMY” felt LAMIST and like TMI
  • in the words of alisae, I just don’t get the vibe that Black “wants to be right”
on the flip side, i very much think klick and the worst want to be right. I think that’s why they are both so bothered about their non-commital reads and are spouting contradictory takes in order to try to fix that. And they wanna solve the game and be right.

PC town read has kinda cooled off from the start of the game but i think he’s still town.

Implosion maybe I’m giving too much leeway. I fully understand why he’s “aghast” by the town reads on me. I think I had a very different scum showing in my most recent game with him than I did with Klick. I understand why he’s aghast that the worst would push such an “easy” looking solve. I don’t think the rate at which he has caught up is especially alignment indicative.

Idk the thing is i dont actually think that implosion is playing how he needs to as scum looking back on things. If ceejay is scum this game is lost already and implosion is limply pushing the worst. Idk maybe implosion is burnt out on rolling scum and cant do anymore but i kinda think implosion would feel some need to power wolf and he’s just kinda trying to absorb the game at his own pace I feel. I read implosion as interacting with the game at the pace he wants to and not interacting with it in the specific way that might get him town read.

This is a pretty convoluted way to explain a tonal gut read. But basically I think implosion is trying to figure the game out and that’s where his pattern of play is stemming from. It isn’t coming from trying to look townie or trying to survive imo

NM I think is like vaguely towny but he could easily be scum idk

I don’t have much new to say about CJ except i think it’s possible he forgot he walked back his black read because it wasn’t a real read. I think it’s interesting that both CJ and Black came to relatively strong town reads of each other based on very little. I think in a game of this size strong mutual town reads is one of the most intuitive ways for a scum team to play.

I am consistently finding the things CJ is choosing to respond to a little off. Idk, i dont have a sense of what CJ cares about beyond responding to questions asked of him. Maybe this is a consequence of lack of time or something
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

I am left scratching my head at the worst’s case on implo because one half of it doesnt seem very AI and the other half just seems like the worst got personally annoyed at implo

this is just to say i dont mind NM’s vote based on that so much, not that i think the worst is necessarily scum for it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

on the flipside i have 0 idea why the worst is black’s top scum read
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:56 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 575, Aureal wrote: Everybody is a cat
The line is: "Everybody wants to be a cat."

Because, you know, a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: ceejay

Guess I’d prefer the bigger wagon but I feel pretty confident in my black read and I’d appreciate if some people would engage that
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:57 am

Post by Bingle »

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, btw. I got in at midnight and spent most of the last 24 hours cooking. I get to be at home for a whole 9 days this time, and I was being lazy.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

It’s okay I personally forgive you
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:59 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 469, Dannflor wrote: i want to know who bingle thinks he can be teamed with
Hey Dann, what did you get out of this and why was it never brought up again?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

i thought it would be fun and also it confirmed my own suspicions about who you could be teamed with (black and the worst were the solves i was tossing around)

I decided at some point during my reread you were Just Town though

I believe you believe in your reads is the one line jist of it. I don’t think you get anything out of alienating me but not trying to push the deepwolf read to look towny either
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:04 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 517, ceejayvinoya wrote: I haven't really read anything from bingle yet that makes me go "oh this one really looks like it comes from town" and would make me unvote which doesn't make him necessarily scum but I'm not happy about it either
I don't think this is legitimately a "Strongest read" at this point in the game. Like... I get that we're a GOAT lobby and generating reads is pulling teeth, but cj is saying "My strongest read is that I'm not strongly townreading Bingle." It feels more like he's trying to justify parking his vote on me than any real attempt to answer the question. And if this is his strongest read, it stands to reason that he would have seen something that says "Oh this one really looks like it comes from town" from literally anyone else.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

Yeah I agree

It doesn’t feel like CJ cares about catching scum
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:07 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 587, Dannflor wrote: I don’t think you get anything out of alienating me but not trying to push the deepwolf read to look towny either
Would it be dumb of me to tell you why I would do that as scum? Yes, regardless of my alignment.

But I can't help myself. Scum me would love to soft tunnel you like this because it gives me a late game excuse for why I was kept alive and why I wasn't doing *more* to fall back on, without actually making me look super suspicious. A good scum player doesn't need to be obvtown on D1/2, they need to not be obvscum. Being obvtown is often counterproductive in the long run.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

No I get that angle

I think you’d be more interested in litigating it to make the read seem real regardless
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

I also just town read the “Is it?” type of snarky gotcha posts you’ve been directing my way
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:18 am

Post by Bingle »

As far as implo being town:

I just don't think scum implo treats ME this way.
In post 387, implosion wrote: I'm glad that Bingle is calling Dann sort of very softly scummy. I think Dann is not even close to escaping his scumrange in this game and I *think* there have been a few townreads on him and I'm a bit aghast at that. I feel like Dann is being reasonable and responsive and playing well and doing all the things that, he does as scum to my knowledge (at least from Toriel's patience). I haven't read any people's in-depth reasons for calling him town but I'm very skeptical of him being >rand town and think there's a good chance he's >rand scum though I don't have good reasons for thinking that in particular
In post 389, implosion wrote: Bingle and Black are townleans in that I generally don't have issues with their play and I don't think I understand their scum ranges well enough to say anything with confidence right now and I think both of them have done some stuff that I like, maybe black a bit more so than Bingle

PC is nominally town, I think Klick is townish (I guess probably my strongest townread but not very strong nonetheless), so very deeply unconfident scumpool right now is worst/cj/dann i guess (n_m being next in line I think)
Like, this in succession. 387 seems like a real thought process. There's nuance to it, there's town paranoia about Dann: it's like the perfect scumpost to try and pocket me into leading a crusade on a theoretical townDann's porch. But then he just kind of... backs off. Apparently I'm only implo's 3rd or 4th strongest townread and the strength of it is "Eh, nothing he's done is blegh". The complete lack of progression there in two posts that are very close in ISO doesn't make me think implo is actively trying to get me to do anything. It's the weirdest pocket attempt ever if it is a pocket attempt, and that's exactly why I'm pocketed. I think implo is legitimately just saying the things he thinks without really trying to accomplish anything, which is pretty damn town in my book.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:24 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 579, Dannflor wrote: Black
Black’s read on CeeJay feels fake. I can’t really empathize with this read from Black, and despite being challenged on it multiple times, and CeeJay being a consensus scum read, Black doesn’t seem to care about litigating it. I understand everyone is non-commital about their reads this game, but town is still searching for something to care about.
Generally, I don’t get the sense Black cares about her reads. I’ve said this before but the progression from Bingle to the worst to Klick and back again feels mechanical. “Ok this person is fine now, let’s go back here.” Maybe town!black hasn’t found anything to care about this game. But idk, Black asked me to help her fade the worst, and for some reason I have no memory of why Black scum reads the worst, so that feels like false bravado.
the response to me voting her being “what is your plan to fade me” feels contrived. It feels like Black trying to find the towniest looking reaction rather than just her genuine reaction to me tunneling her
Black being like “omg why would we kill NM when we could kill someone ACTUALLY SCUMMY” felt LAMIST and like TMI
in the words of alisae, I just don’t get the vibe that Black “wants to be right”
Hmmm.

I understand the case, but I don't agree with it being scum indicative.

I'm seeing what Black is doing as more akin to what cowbells or fleaf do as both alignments in the early game. She's pouncing on every little thing and acting all murder death kill without actual conviction, sure, but I get that more in the sense that she's trying to get to a point where she thinks she is right than in the sense that she's trying to look like she's right, if that makes any sense.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:25 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 578, Not_Mafia wrote: VOTE: worst

bad implo case
What implo case?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:38 am

Post by Bingle »

I'm not sold on Dann town yet, but I'm seeing more of the solve-y TownDann nature that I thought was lacking so maybe he can be town.

If cj flips scum I'm probably going to be looking pretty hard at NM tomorrow.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:27 am

Post by Dannflor »

Yeah i guess it could just be CJ/NM

That is a very boring but possible world
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:53 am

Post by the worst »

I'm in a world where implo is my second strongest townread rn stop looking at me like that
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 582, Bingle wrote:
In post 575, Aureal wrote: Everybody is a cat
The line is: "Everybody wants to be a cat."

Because, you know, a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
that song has been living rent free in my head for so long you have no idea

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”